Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's an rpg so he's just casting Fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

PITY BONER posted:

Uhh, I think you'll realize that you're totally in the wrong here:

https://twitter.com/papapoledesu/status/1554169940940390401

Don't pay attention to his cheek melting off.

Ah yes, the mighty panzers. Pride of unsurpassed German engineering. Unstoppable killing machine on the battlefi- oop transmission caught fire again.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

that didn't seem right to me because british tanks suck hard in company of heroes, so i looked it up and apparently germany produced 67,000 tanks during world war ii, about 90% of the axis tank army, while britain produced 47,000 - 17% of the total tanks deployed by the allies.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Fur20 posted:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fur20 posted:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

poo poo weapons for a big army works tbh

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they really really thought that, then the first gulf war happened, the coalition wiped the fuckin floor with the iraqis, and the pla went "welp" and changed literally everything

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Grand Fromage posted:

oh my god lol

Wasn't this kind of Bazooka supposed to hold three shots? Did Valve nerf the Soldier again

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they really really thought that, then the first gulf war happened, the coalition wiped the fuckin floor with the iraqis, and the pla went "welp" and changed literally everything

Looks to me like they doubled down on both though

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Vegetable posted:

poo poo weapons for a big army works tbh
DM this to Putin :laugh:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Shumagorath posted:

DM this to Putin :laugh:

Those weapons seem to function as intended when ukrainians use them :geno:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Desert Storm's effect on every army's thinking is underappreciated. Iraq had the fourth largest army in the world, a decade of recent battle experience, equipped with Soviet hardware that was believed to largely be on par with NATO stuff. The last big war the US was in was Vietnam so nobody knew what would happen when it got into another one. And then the US just loving rinses Iraq in a few weeks. Absurdly one sided. The Battle of Norfolk, for example. The US lost four tanks and five IFVs. Iraq lost 1,350 tanks and 1,224 armored vehicles.

Pretty much all the armies in the world that thought they might fight the US some day looked exactly like Iraq--lots of dudes running Soviet equipment, and they all learned that if they actually did fight the US they might as well be throwing rocks. The lessons were if you wanted to have a military, you had to make a whole lot of changes. And that if you wanted to have a chance of defeating the US you should learn from the Vietnamese instead and fight unconventionally.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'unno, having all your poo poo blow up in your hands like the world's unluckiest Shoota Ork sounds pretty unconventional to me.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

I'unno, having all your poo poo blow up in your hands like the world's unluckiest Shoota Ork sounds pretty unconventional to me.

chabudakka

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ha! Sure that works for me!

Gotta show proof you had it though. Don't have to doxx yourself but a photo with your username would suffice

Can I do Greg's mod challenge too for a new avatar as well? I Sadly don't have any delicious Taiwanese food near me, as I live in the rear end end of nowhere (proof that Zhong guo is superior), but I can write some stuff about China is better than America. In essence, I can do my best tankie posting.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

IMO you gotta do something harder than just some things China does better than the US. That's easy, you got options. Like at minimum, you can't mention food or anything food-adjacent.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

write about how much better traffic and road safety are

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I don’t know a drat thing about China so I think I’m the ideal creator of a tankie post about how China is obviously superior to the US

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

i'm eating some delicious taiwanese popcorn chicken right now

i think it's kind of cheating at the mod challenge to actually be in taiwan however

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

I mean, okay, sure, one-shot AT weapons that you just toss after firing has been a thing for like 50 years at least, but stuff like the AT4 won't just crack in half when private Wang inevitably trips over it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
can you cook nyo ro on the uh...pvc/resin tube

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ikasuhito posted:

Ah yes, the mighty panzers. Pride of unsurpassed German engineering. Unstoppable killing machine on the battlefi- oop transmission caught fire again.

The best tanks possible by literal literal Nazis. It's not an ideology for smart people.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

god please help me posted:

Can I do Greg's mod challenge too for a new avatar as well? I Sadly don't have any delicious Taiwanese food near me, as I live in the rear end end of nowhere (proof that Zhong guo is superior), but I can write some stuff about China is better than America. In essence, I can do my best tankie posting.

Absolutely! Go forth and write, friend!

Grand Fromage posted:

IMO you gotta do something harder than just some things China does better than the US. That's easy, you got options. Like at minimum, you can't mention food or anything food-adjacent.

good point and good addendum!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
nancy pelosi in taiwan??? where's the nancy action cams setting her big bazookas on taipei?? beijing hella mald pelosi drinking boba in taiwan

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Booty Pageant posted:

nancy pelosi in taiwan??? where's the nancy action cams setting her big bazookas on taipei?? beijing hella mald pelosi drinking boba in taiwan

Bah gawd that's Crazy Nancy's music!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Pham Nuwen posted:

chabudakka

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah I don't buy the we're actually puppetmastering you into just THINKING we're incompetent arguments.

either China is puppet-mastering to the most insane level imaginable and they TRULY, INSANELY, BEYOND ALL COMPREHENSION are playing the long game with this super long con throughout the entire country across all sectors about how incompetent everyone is...or Occam's razor.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Pham Nuwen posted:

chabudakka

Red Books read faster

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Great Autismo! posted:

either China is puppet-mastering to the most insane level imaginable and they TRULY, INSANELY, BEYOND ALL COMPREHENSION are playing the long game with this super long con throughout the entire country across all sectors about how incompetent everyone is...or Occam's razor.

I'd like someone to point to literally any example from history of a strongman totalitarian state pretending to be incompetent.

It goes totally against everything about how such systems work - look strong no matter what, or how obviously a lie.

And while we're talking about Chinese Super Weapons, who remembers their absolutely real and not fake stealth bomber that absolutely exists?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

China release image of their new H-20 Stealth bomber via lovely website, Business Insider.

Internet milweebs quickly find the original image:
(doing a google image search on this even takes you right to the first image :hurr:)

And if you look at the first image, you can still see the horizontal stabilisers they didn't bother to photoshop out:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

it has a horizontal stabilizer, you just can't see most of it because of how good the stealth is

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I've been seeing a lot of twitter coverage from China today - some crazy videos coming out
https://twitter.com/BangXiao_/status/1554379088475074561?s=20&t=Ss-Pgst6yn1krJ1IQfU9Ug
https://twitter.com/BangXiao_/status/1554455393770012674?s=20&t=Ss-Pgst6yn1krJ1IQfU9Ug
Dick waving? Yes. But less blurring out of the penis than usual

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Naw, just some folks were trying to withdraw money from the bank again

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
Are they going to throw the tanks into the sea?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

PITY BONER posted:

Uhh, I think you'll realize that you're totally in the wrong here:

https://twitter.com/papapoledesu/status/1554169940940390401

Don't pay attention to his cheek melting off.

Why else would they call it a "Cheek weld"?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i assume that those who say that china's military is intentionally trying to look incompetent are the same people who believe that russia's attack towards kyiv was a feint

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao china, just lol

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Begin the great Chinese Memory Hole of 2022

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

LordArgh posted:

i assume that those who say that china's military is intentionally trying to look incompetent are the same people who believe that russia's attack towards kyiv was a feint

The Art of War 2 by Xi Jinping. Foreword by Vladimir Putin

Appear weak...where you are weak. The enemy will never expect that

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

KitConstantine posted:

I've been seeing a lot of twitter coverage from China today - some crazy videos coming out
https://twitter.com/BangXiao_/status/1554379088475074561?s=20&t=Ss-Pgst6yn1krJ1IQfU9Ug
https://twitter.com/BangXiao_/status/1554455393770012674?s=20&t=Ss-Pgst6yn1krJ1IQfU9Ug
Dick waving? Yes. But less blurring out of the penis than usual

I'm just relieved that someone is finally willing to stand up against Nancy Pelosi.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

LordArgh posted:

There are people who think Russia and China are masterminding the fall of Europe in a grander scheme so pay no attention to Russia’s performance in Ukraine as any indication of anything. Puppet Master Putin and mighty China still gonna roll apparently.

China isn’t going to do poo poo to Nancy except flash their ween. Afterwards tho I imagine they take it out on Taiwan and the US economically via tariffs or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Imagine WW3 starting because China shot down a plane carrying Nanci Pelosi.