Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Frank Frank posted:

(as is the goatse man)

got a link? I can't track down anything even vaguely reliable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Empty Sandwich posted:

got a link? I can't track down anything even vaguely reliable

Can’t find anything concrete now that you mention it. I have heard he died multiple times and never really dug into it mostly because you know what you’re going to find if you go looking for the goatse man.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I want to believe that Robin Williams was actually a goon

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

ulvir posted:

hard to believe he wouldn't have been

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Tangentially saga-related but somebody started a Twitter account that's literally just this thread, and today they posted a big reveal and lmfao its loving Guy Mann running the account

Vvvvvv My bad if so, I just found out they remade this thread again and I don't want to crap it up!

since he's obviously still reading: gently caress off guy mann

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

Lets keep giving these guys attention since they clearly hate it

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ArfJason posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

deeply sighing as I ask everyone to ignore guy mann / sleeveless / of science! / sorting algorithms and his 1-hour image rehabilitation video, for both thread civility purposes and goon self-care

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

ArfJason posted:

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

ulvir posted:

almost shocked she still posts now and again

Sometimes, I rise from the dead and poke my head in. Also, I saved all my old tindeck stuff and should probably upload it somewhere, but GIBBIS part deux didn't age well :ohdear:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ulvir posted:

Felix "PewDiePie" Kjellberg and John Cena are, of course, also goons, as was Matt Damon.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Little known saga, before this thread they were called The Happiest Rhino

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Can’t find anything concrete now that you mention it. I have heard he died multiple times and never really dug into it mostly because you know what you’re going to find if you go looking for the goatse man.

Remembering now that KiwiFarms tried to dox ZDR and somehow ended instead getting the goatman's info.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Arrhythmia posted:

Felix "PewDiePie" Kjellberg and John Cena are, of course, also goons, as was Matt Damon.

Jon Stewart

qnqnx posted:

Remembering now that KiwiFarms tried to dox ZDR and somehow ended instead getting the goatman's info.

Even funnier is that almost immediately someone said, "huh, isn't it funny that ZDR has the same name as the goatse man?" and they didn't put 2 and 2 together for days afterward.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Frank Frank posted:

One of the guys in the video popped up and posted about it the last time this was brought up but I'm having trouble finding it.

E: I'm 99% sure it was in the "tribute to Lowtax" goldmined thread

Speaking of that thread when I peeked into there everyone was dogpiling some goon who was keeping a dead goldfish in their freezer for some reason and I was wondering what happened there? That was last year so it should be kosher, right? :ohdear:

Come to think of it that's probably the greatest tribute to the founder of Something Awful possible.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

That person was Moola but also

ArfJason posted:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jagged Jim posted:

Speaking of that thread when I peeked into there everyone was dogpiling some goon who was keeping a dead goldfish in their freezer for some reason and I was wondering what happened there? That was last year so it should be kosher, right? :ohdear:

Come to think of it that's probably the greatest tribute to the founder of Something Awful possible.

It was one of those goony-goon jokes that got run into the ground very quickly. People bought gangtags etc.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

qnqnx posted:

crazy that would be mentioned in this thread

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Larry Parrish posted:

it was cool posting in CSPAM outside of my usual threads and having that guy see me and absolutely lose his mind and then people would get probated for telling him to stfu. good poo poo

Something something stress posting, I guess?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

deeply sighing as I ask everyone to ignore guy mann / sleeveless / of science! / sorting algorithms and his 1-hour image rehabilitation video, for both thread civility purposes and goon self-care

I won't carry the conversation forward, but I thought you were joking about him making a 1-hour expose about himself, and then I looked at the twitter and I guess it really is that long lmao

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

*scatman john voice* I'm the goatman

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

He could talk out his rear end? Truly he was the second coming!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Jon Stewart

Even funnier is that almost immediately someone said, "huh, isn't it funny that ZDR has the same name as the goatse man?" and they didn't put 2 and 2 together for days afterward.

The few times I've read KF they all sound like terminally boomer old GBS style goons, probably because they are. Just really classically dumb people. They talk about photoshop friday like it was a holy ritual that SJW's are preventing from making a comeback, instead of it being an extremely old internet phase that has long passed

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The few times I've read KF they all sound like terminally boomer old GBS style goons, probably because they are. Just really classically dumb people. They talk about photoshop friday like it was a holy ritual that SJW's are preventing from making a comeback, instead of it being an extremely old internet phase that has long passed

The idea of somebody idolizing photoshop friday in 2022 is making me lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
remembe when lowtax copypasted a photoshop edit they made where shrmorky was put in the poster for bye bye man and it said poopoo man and went "this is the content the forums should be putting out" lol

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

no surprise at why Lowtax liked them

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
to focus on one of the very few positive memories of the period, lowtax reopening fyad and opening a thread for people to thank him is legit one of the funniest things that has ever happened on the forums

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
KF had a fake Koalas March during the troubles in addition to the fake fyads.

Tattoo chat: backpanther lol

Same dude lost an arm in a motorcycle crash and bought a stick shift sports car with the insurance

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Somehow I was active on the forums and even posting in CSPAM when The Troubles happened and remained blissfully unaware of anything except that time Party Plane Jones was doing his very stupid "Discord Nazi Sting Operation" or whatever the gently caress, and I really don't know how I avoided learning anything about what was going on. I didn't know any of this poo poo until I became a mod and got caught up on everything that had been going on while I was posting about video games. Is that weird? That might be weird.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I remember when Fly Molo canonballed into the byob webcomics thread of all places with a lengthy essay accusing fyad (skylark specifically I think) of sexually propositioning lowtax in exchange for preferential treatment

he was also one of maybe two people still standing up for koala’s march after the honey trap thing was unearthed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I remember when Fly Molo canonballed into the byob webcomics thread of all places with a lengthy essay accusing fyad (skylark specifically I think) of sexually propositioning lowtax in exchange for preferential treatment

he was also one of maybe two people still standing up for koala’s march after the honey trap thing was unearthed

I think it was Lucy they accused (based on some joke post about feet pics I think) but they also dropped Skylark's real-life identity in the BYOB webcomics thread and somehow were never banned for it

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Harrow posted:

Somehow I was active on the forums and even posting in CSPAM when The Troubles happened and remained blissfully unaware of anything except that time Party Plane Jones was doing his very stupid "Discord Nazi Sting Operation" or whatever the gently caress, and I really don't know how I avoided learning anything about what was going on. I didn't know any of this poo poo until I became a mod and got caught up on everything that had been going on while I was posting about video games. Is that weird? That might be weird.

i only heard about this because dickeye unearthed this as retaliation over PPJ permabanning them and i was in a goon group chat with one of their friends

the few weeks after where there were bad faith lists of KF plants being passed around goon discords deffo sucked too

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

KF had a fake Koalas March during the troubles in addition to the fake fyads.

Tattoo chat: backpanther lol

Same dude lost an arm in a motorcycle crash and bought a stick shift sports car with the insurance

Not just any sports car either. It was an exotic of some sort, wasn’t it?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CoolCab posted:

to focus on one of the very few positive memories of the period, lowtax reopening fyad and opening a thread for people to thank him is legit one of the funniest things that has ever happened on the forums

Hadescomic.jpg

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
did they buy it because someone else would drive it for them, or because they just wanted to own it as a collectable or what? it feels unreasonable to assume it didn't come up.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

RFC2324 posted:

Hadescomic.jpg

to-date one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the forums

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

CoolCab posted:

did they buy it because someone else would drive it for them, or because they just wanted to own it as a collectable or what? it feels unreasonable to assume it didn't come up.

Given that they then wrecked it while driving it, it would appear if it came up the goon in questions went "it'll be fiiiiiiinnnnnneeeee"

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

The Posting Troubles sound really funny, should've paid attention while they were happening lmao

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

DaysBefore posted:

The Posting Troubles sound really funny, should've paid attention while they were happening lmao

they weren't, they were tedious and unpleasant. you are getting the highlight reel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

I want to say this was Dell_Zincht...

Dell_Zincht posted:

Hey Lowtax how many times did lucavi have to suck your dick to get fyad reopened

Did you also beat her

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
...but let's face it, there were probably multiple instances.

Harrow posted:

I think it was Lucy they accused (based on some joke post about feet pics I think) but they also dropped Skylark's real-life identity in the BYOB webcomics thread and somehow were never banned for it
IIRC it was Skylark and her sister that info was posted about, and the moderator involved basically went "whoa what was that, anyway..." and never so much as edited anything out. I dunno if it was the webcomics thread or what, but that's the story I remember hearing and being pretty grossed out by. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, here's a less-gross saga in two parts:
Me and my friends made a game where you kill mutants by skateboarding and its sequel, Real talk thread, in which someone posts a game jam game they were involved with in Imp Zone, receives polite and constructive feedback, and it's off to the races from there...