Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

RatHat posted:

I’m honestly curious what they could be talking about. There’s hair I guess, and if you count body fluids there’s semen and blood but that still leaves 6

:actually: In the USA you can’t sell or buy blood. If you need a transfusion they can charge for the tools and the skill, but not the blood itself. You can sell your blood plasma, the “fluid” part of blood. If you sell your plasma you are not donating your blood, but if you do a whole blood donation they separate out the plasma for research/transfusion purposes.

So if you want to get paid, you go to a blood plasma center and they just take the plasma and give you $40 bucks or so, but you keep your red cells. This is ideal for some blood types like AB where they can accept any type of red cell donation in a pinch, but urged against for type O blood types since they are more rare and versatile. I do a power red donation every few months where they put the plasma back and take extra O+ red cells, kind of the direct opposite of selling plasma.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/types-of-blood-donations.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Frank Frank posted:

We made feetloaf once and it made my daughter cry

Eh, Phillippe! Thees ees no so bad, oui?!

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

RatHat posted:

…Who is buying placenta?

Shampoo companies.

https://www.amazon.com/placenta-shampoo/s?k=placenta+shampoo

Valency
Feb 3, 2010

HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

:chloe:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
This is why you don't wish on a monkey's paw for your anime waifu to be real:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

How much can I get for one buttock?

Gonna be hard for you to post with only one rear end cheek

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Gonna be hard for you to post with only one rear end cheek

I dunno, most of my posts are pretty half-assed.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The one about finding a plastic bag at the bottom of the deepest ocean trench really got me.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
There's plastic on everest as well ofc

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah it's extremely awful. If we're still around we'll look back on plastics like we currently think of asbestos or lead paint.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Timbs posted:

I've been thinking about this lately and kinda decided that as more goons hit their 40s without reaching the milestones they wanted to in life the projection of misery onto everything is only going to get worse.

At least the fad of going "I want to kill myself lmao!!!" every other post has mostly gone away.

SA is generally a lot nicer of a place than it used to be, though.

It also used to be much grosser. Back then it seemed like once a week we'd get a keyboard goop guy or a 500 pound man shoving a dildo up his rear end with such force that chunls of his rectum fell out. O think there was also a dude who shoved a pen into his dickhole for the lulz.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Yeah but that's just to hold in the poop

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Greenboots.jpg

Checks out, those are plastic!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah it's extremely awful. If we're still around we'll look back on plastics like we currently think of asbestos or lead paint.

Same, but social media.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/5zWMq4j.mp4

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
RDR3 beta looking good

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

LawfulWaffle posted:

:actually: In the USA you can’t sell or buy blood. If you need a transfusion they can charge for the tools and the skill, but not the blood itself. You can sell your blood plasma, the “fluid” part of blood. If you sell your plasma you are not donating your blood, but if you do a whole blood donation they separate out the plasma for research/transfusion purposes.

So if you want to get paid, you go to a blood plasma center and they just take the plasma and give you $40 bucks or so, but you keep your red cells. This is ideal for some blood types like AB where they can accept any type of red cell donation in a pinch, but urged against for type O blood types since they are more rare and versatile. I do a power red donation every few months where they put the plasma back and take extra O+ red cells, kind of the direct opposite of selling plasma.

https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/how-to-donate/types-of-blood-donations.html

I've done apheresis donation too. :buddy:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Who want they horussy ate

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I always find these hilarious.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

All of everest is basically a giant trash pile these days

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Blue Moonlight posted:

Some people believe that consuming the placenta, dehydrated and encapsulated, blended, or prepared like other proteins, can have health benefits.

I don’t know that there’s any solid medical research for that being true in humans.

It's blood-rich viscera and a nexus for micronutrients from host/mother to growth/child, so it's going to run the gamut on "good things a body needs"...

... At least in theory. For all the talk of it, nobody actually sat down and did a whole rear end scientific study on the matter, as least as far as I can find.

Yaldabaoth posted:

The one about finding a plastic bag at the bottom of the deepest ocean trench really got me.

"Twice the size of Texas" so, the about size of Alaska?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mistle posted:

"Twice the size of Texas" so, the about size of Alaska?

The cursed reason this true thing isn't the best thing to say is because Alaska is usually shown out of scale and lots of people just don't know

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Azhais posted:

All of everest is basically a giant trash pile these days

The report on plastics on everest wasn't about the garbage that has piled up over time. It was microplastics in the snow and ice, which means it came from rain pushed up from the Indian ocean through the subcontinent. That's the curse.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Blue Moonlight posted:

Some people believe that consuming the placenta, dehydrated and encapsulated, blended, or prepared like other proteins, can have health benefits.

I don’t know that there’s any solid medical research for that being true in humans.

SNL had you covered 40-years ago.

Nope.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Blue Moonlight posted:

How quickly we have forgotten elise the great making a chili out of her own placenta.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Blue Moonlight posted:

Well there's no magic involved so it's just calories and nutrients like anything else we eat. Whatever benefit it provides is also going to be provided by having dinner and a multivitamin.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/GazEtc/status/1554458024965804034

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

PainterofCrap posted:

SNL had you covered 40-years ago.

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDGlN6mluGA

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Human Centaurpede was a weird movie.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Around 20 years ago back in high school, maybe even jr high, someone in computer class brought up this video of a guy at some kinda circus or rodeo or something being Irish whipped, running head down briefly before his head went right up a horse or possibly cow's rear end. This isn't a request for someone to conjure it up and post it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yaldabaoth posted:

Makes you question if the exfoliation was even worth it.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

codo27 posted:

Around 20 years ago back in high school, maybe even jr high, someone in computer class brought up this video of a guy at some kinda circus or rodeo or something being Irish whipped, running head down briefly before his head went right up a horse or possibly cow's rear end. This isn't a request for someone to conjure it up and post it

you prefer pms?

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Is this the "Reverse Cowgirl" everyone talks so much about?

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

codo27 posted:

I think I saw a video of a guy's head fully engulfed by an elephant's anus while cleaning its feet. Posted on SA, of course.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

No Jake no!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

That's gonna suck hard. How do you even approach that as a director

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Can he rip out a throat and roundhouse kick somebody in the rear end?

https://i.imgur.com/P9x4Z44.gifv