Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
Stolen from knowledge fight reddit (I don't agree with the categorization on some of these)

Good

Is the amount meant to prevent Alex crom being in business in this case, or do you hope he can still operate as long as he takes it as a learning lesson.
How has Jesse's passing affected his brother JT, how old was JT.
Are gun control and "take away guns" different?
Is defense using "blood feud" reckless, given their client?
How will the outcome of this trial allow you to restore Jesse's legacy
How will the money help you heal, what would bring you closure.

Bad

Have you found it in your heart to forgive (Adam?) or Alex jones, will you after the trial is over.
Did you try to reach Alex directly.
How did you not hear Alex's statements during Megyn Kelly?
How will you use the funds?
Have you saved copies of written threats shared or via email?

Who knows

When did you first meet with detective Jewish (lmao)
When did you start therapy with Dr. Crouch
When did you hold your son?
Harassment was frequent and substantial, can you further define?
Can you describe how your reputation has been affected?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Xakura posted:

When did you hold your son?

So there's one Jones fan on the jury, huh?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Chili talk makes me feel bad because my go to recipe is super basic and Midwestern outside of the assload of habaneros I use.

Every time I've tried more daring recipes, it's never been bad, but not as good as the chili I make where half the ingredients are canned. I got that Midwestern-rear end pallet.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Lawlicaust posted:

So there's one Jones fan on the jury, huh?

Perhaps the defence's merciless stratagem of playing a half-hour of InfoWars for the jury has finally paid off and someone has successfully been red-pilled.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Does the jury have to unanimously decide on the damages like a regular trial where everyone has to agree or can only some agree to it .

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Feeling less good about the jury, one of them is probably mush brained.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Hollismason posted:

Does the jury have to unanimously decide on the damages like a regular trial where everyone has to agree or can only some agree to it .

Need 10/12, from what I've heard

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hollismason posted:

No. Compensatory damages do not need a unanimous verdict. Punitive damages do, but they're going to be less than 1% of compensatory damages so it doesn't really matter outside of the headline.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Also, remember, there are 16 jurors and four will be dismissed before they begin deliberations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, remember, there are 16 jurors and four will be dismissed before they begin deliberations.

Wait what.

Is that normal in civil cases? Is this a Texas thing? What's the logic?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Xiahou Dun posted:

Wait what.

Is that normal in civil cases? Is this a Texas thing? What's the logic?

Very normal, it's alternates in case a juror has to be dismissed during the trial for whatever reason (sickness or death, breaking the rules, etc)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Piell posted:

Very normal, it's alternates in case a juror has to be dismissed during the trial for whatever reason

Yeah, I'm being silly. This makes total sense.

Also, Scarlett Lewis is up ; something tells me this is gonna be rough

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Oh you can hear her much better

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Piell posted:

Very normal, it's alternates in case a juror has to be dismissed during the trial for whatever reason (sickness or death, breaking the rules, etc)

It's something that came up during the Kyle Rittenhouse case, too. There were 18 jurors for the same reason, and the judge allowed the defendant to pick 6/18 names out of a hat to dismiss.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Oh you can hear her much better

IT nerd was working on the microphone during the break for jury questions, and higher pitch voices seem to be picked up much better anyway.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
thank you everyone for the recipes!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Seems Alex is driving up to the courthouse after his show. Which, by the way, he just called Neil “on the spectrum” on.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

teen witch posted:

Seems Alex is driving up to the courthouse after his show. Which, by the way, he just called Neil “on the spectrum” on.

That doesn't even make sense in context.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
His car will never arrive but Alexi Johns will live out a comfortable life in an island resort.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Would anyone else like to sign this petition secret pact I’m starting?

‘If asked to serve on a jury, I will never find a sandy hook parent guilty of any crime committed against any infowars employee, or anyone acting on their behalf.’

E: fixed

red19fire fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 2, 2022

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

red19fire posted:

Would anyone else like to sign this petition I’m starting?

‘If asked to serve on a jury, I will never find a sandy hook parent guilty of any crime committed against any infowars employee, or anyone acting on their behalf.’

No because I wouldn't want that to be accessible to anyone later on, so I can make sure I'd be on that jury.

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
Did jones' attorney just make a motion for mistrial? he just said something like that that the judge was like "lol denied"

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

NecroBob posted:

Did jones' attorney just make a motion for mistrial? he just said something like that that the judge was like "lol denied"

He’s done it once a day minimum. The judge even said “I’m going to deny it every time”

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

God I hope some loving pilled idiot juror doesn’t gently caress this all up but we live in hell.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/DavidEdwards/status/1554507017238216704?s=20&t=OzpXgfqEg6PurT14FNNL2Q

Unfortunately I have a sinking feeling he’s going to go for the looney tunes defense.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

NecroBob posted:

He asks for a mistrial every half hour or so.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

teen witch posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidEdwards/status/1554507017238216704?s=20&t=OzpXgfqEg6PurT14FNNL2Q

Unfortunately I have a sinking feeling he’s going to go for the looney tunes defense.

This is fun since it's the first time I've personally seen people who are "demonically possessed" so I know what he means by that. Which apparently is uh... people who don't like him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, I might open my questioning by asking if he accuses the judge of being in a satanic cult.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Judges love being accused of being possessed by demons. They think it’s hilarious

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's so desperate for a mistrial. I don't see how he doesn't eat a solid contempt when this ends.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
On a lighter note my partner told me we’re having chili tomorrow. I have had to remind him multiple times who Alex Jones the past week.

If I have my wherewithal tomorrow I’ll peep his recipe, he likes it hot. Weird cause he’s with me but whatever

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Is jones allowed to talk about the case on air?

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

teen witch posted:

He’s done it once a day minimum. The judge even said “I’m going to deny it every time”

Grand Fromage posted:

He asks for a mistrial every half hour or so.

Ahhh, gotcha! I'm just now tuning into the stream to see the (probable) shitshow. Thanks!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Trillhouse posted:

Is jones allowed to talk about the case on air?

Yes, he’s allowed to but uh, I wouldn’t.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I actually, honestly believe that Alex believes that the judge and the people suing him are in league with Hillary Clinton

Not that it matters at this point

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

teen witch posted:

On a lighter note my partner told me we’re having chili tomorrow. I have had to remind him multiple times who Alex Jones the past week.

If I have my wherewithal tomorrow I’ll peep his recipe, he likes it hot. Weird cause he’s with me but whatever

You know, I just finished fermenting a bottle of my home-made hot sauce. It's not my best work cause it was just a tester for a new way of getting a funky flavor, so I didn't put in as much garlic or other fun stuff as usual. It's hot and funky and tasty, it's just not what I usually make.

But it is a bottle of hot sauce made with peppers I grew myself, and I'd totally be willing to volunteer it as a prize if we come up with a cool thing.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

You know, I just finished fermenting a bottle of my home-made hot sauce. It's not my best work cause it was just a tester for a new way of getting a funky flavor, so I didn't put in as much garlic or other fun stuff as usual. It's hot and funky and tasty, it's just not what I usually make.

But it is a bottle of hot sauce made with peppers I grew myself, and I'd totally be willing to volunteer it as a prize if we come up with a cool thing.

I think an "Alex Jones Sucks Commemorative Chili Cook Off" Thread could be fun - either here or in Goons with Spoons. Iron Chef SA-style effort posts describing the preparation of your chili and minimum 2 sides, plating, and ideally how your guests (or partner/children/demon master/fish with human eyes) reviewed it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Send it on a forums tour.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

KitConstantine posted:

I think an "Alex Jones Sucks Commemorative Chili Cook Off" Thread could be fun - either here or in Goons with Spoons. Iron Chef SA-style effort posts describing the preparation of your chili and minimum 2 sides, plating, and ideally how your guests (or partner/children/demon master/fish with human eyes) reviewed it.

Tbh I like this idea. Could be like the BYOB traveling spaceship, except with food

goatface posted:

Send it on a forums tour.

:haibrow:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

teen witch posted:

Yes, he’s allowed to but uh, I wouldn’t.
Thanks. I didn't know if him appearing as a witness changed the calculus.