Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Omg he showed his mouth to the judge

Already at a crazy point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
i don't want to see the inside of your mouth

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lmao

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

oh my god we are getting crazy alex

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Jesus Christ, this is already popping off.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't want to see the inside of your mouth

Alex opens up strong

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Jones is dumb as gently caress

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
Could probably have included the bit about the lawyers and judge being possessed beings too

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

what the gently caress judge

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Ah, so his strategy is specifically "provoke the judge into frowning at him so he can accuse her of bias"

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Grand Fromage posted:

what the gently caress judge

She was talking about the defense asking to add the part of the clip where Alex apologizes, I think? Not sure

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The judge is just fed up with all of this.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Judging by the comments in this thread my mom chose the wrong day to be born 70 years ago today because I’m missing this for cake.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
incredible

It's already great

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

She was talking about the defense asking to add the part of the clip where Alex apologizes, I think? Not sure

oh maybe, idk. Hope so

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The judge appears to have lost her will to live

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Grand Fromage posted:

oh my god we are getting crazy alex

Allah akbar

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

jones just grinding his teeth but it's def. not drugs your honor

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Xakura posted:

Could probably have included the bit about the lawyers and judge being possessed beings too

Well I guess that part is actually irrelevant for the case.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Grand Fromage posted:

oh maybe, idk. Hope so

yeah I think that's what happened. what the judge said sounded exactly like it could apply to the entire clip but makes more sense that she would deny the defense it lol

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The fact that his lawyers are letting him go on his show during the trial is insane enough, the fact that they let him comment on the case is beyond belief.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Xakura posted:

Well I guess that part is actually irrelevant for the case.

We'll see if Jones is asked about it. It's good material for the stand.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Youth Decay posted:

The fact that his lawyers are letting him go on his show during the trial is insane enough, the fact that they let him comment on the case is beyond belief.

How can they stop him?

They can't stop representing him at this late stage, the judge won't let them.

What leverage do they have on the massive Narcissist with the obvious Oppositional Defiance Disorder.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Who is the lady on the stand now?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Oh gently caress me I can't listen to this.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Scarlet Lewis One of the Sandy Hook parents.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Jesse Lewis (one of the victims) Mother Scarlet Lewis

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Jesus the whiplash of going from "INSPECT MY MOUTH" to granular details of what happened inside Sandy Hook is tough.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

God, bless Scarlett Lewis' heart for trying, however feebly, to appeal to Alex's humanity as a father. He won't bite, and he's a monster for it. But she's got the patience and grace of a saint.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
gently caress you shaking your head no

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Scarlet Lewis is far more eloquent up there than I would be in this situation. And using far fewer swear words.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Youth Decay posted:

Scarlet Lewis is far more eloquent up there than I would be in this situation. And using far fewer swear words.

Oh yeah I would be screaming at him.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Goddamn Scarlett. goddamn

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Playing the video from today should just be the end of the case if the jury is decent

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
She is doing an amazing job.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I just texted my wife:

This woman who is testifying at Alex Jones Sandy Hook trial has a picture of her dead 6 year old son on a screen in front of her, she's staring down Alex Jones who has said vile disgusting things about her, and the fact that she can talk and isn't sobbing or screaming blows my mind. This woman is made of loving iron

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I want a split screen of Alex's face this whole fuckin time.

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
Yeah I seriously can't even fathom the kind of strength it takes to not just testify, but maintain this kind of composure during the whole thing standing just feet away from the man who has profited off you and your family's misery for years now.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

O god I continue to have some complicated feelings about how this cross is gonna go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

O god I continue to have some complicated feelings about how this cross is gonna go.

Gonna be worse because the boss is there

It's key how she keeps hearing athay Alex *knows* he's lying. That's what makes his continuing to say it so malicious and damaging, and I hope it sticks in the jury's mind