Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

So I wanted to do this for a while. Still trying different versions as well as a friend doing a 3d file for a jar of pickles and a jar of Nutella to print...

Original eating from a can:

Can of soda version:

Edit:
Bonus image:

Well this is perfect timing. Can you do one opening a can of surstromming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

TTerrible posted:

there's your Space Wolf Siegebreaker/destroyer squad right there.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

TTerrible posted:

Someone needs to post the video for the class. I’m too incompetent to do it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

So I wanted to do this for a while. Still trying different versions as well as a friend doing a 3d file for a jar of pickles and a jar of Nutella to print...

Can of soda version:

Edit:
Bonus image:

:yeshaha:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Can of soda version:

Edit:
Bonus image:

I love the throwback. I feel you really should use the 2nd helmet for that exact reason

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

Broken Record Talk posted:

Someone needs to post the video for the class. I’m too incompetent to do it.

I'd have to get everyone's permission first.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Wait, there's a loyalist WB WT/RoW?

SkyeAuroline posted:

(in which the justification for traitorhood is "they didn't get jacked off enough for doing their jobs").

My idea for UM traitors/the traitor UM would be ostensibly loyal UM who really leaned into their experiences from fighting alongside traitors. Like Seekers with NL tarot cards and strips of flesh, Despoilers with an "honorary" zerk helmet Sarge, etc.

but your Thin Blue Line idea also works.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

JcDent posted:

Wait, there's a loyalist WB WT/RoW?
Not as such, there are ones that aren’t traitor only.

Logically, if something is restricted to traitors then it must mean there are loyalists that also exist. Indirectly it means there’s official acknowledgement of such which as I understand it didn’t exist previously.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Someone managed to buy a plastic Sicaran on eBay :laffo:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warhammer30k/comments/we78th/got_my_hands_on_the_new_unreleased_plastic_sicaran/

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

GW repeatedly getting owned by their super special community partners throughout this entire release process is :allears:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

GW repeatedly getting owned by their super special community partners throughout this entire release process is :allears:

I really want it to be a random AoS youtuber that didn't realise it was unreleased, or similar.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wonder if the Sicarian variants will grt plastic'd too. I think I'll probably pick one up. I was xonsidering the Kratos but I kinda prefer the look of the Sicarian.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wonder if the Sicarian variants will grt plastic'd too. I think I'll probably pick one up. I was xonsidering the Kratos but I kinda prefer the look of the Sicarian.

Not in this kit, but the structure of the sprues makes it pretty easy to design a replacement turret or (for the Venator) upper hull. Hopefully we do get them, I'd like an Arcus.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
I imagine we'll see something like the Leviathan, where there are separate boxes for the variants (given the number of Sicaran variants, maybe not all of them) as well as supplementary boxes that just give you the different parts needed to make another variant.

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Following up my melee weapon question, how are bikes of all varieties in the new edition? I heard they took a bit of a kicking. I had started putting together a melee focused outrider squad for my white scars with just bolters on the bikes, is that still okay? I’m not really looking for maximum power gaming efficiency here.

I swear I actually have ordered the new rules and army lists, I’ve just been stuck at work since June.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Mr Teatime posted:

Following up my melee weapon question, how are bikes of all varieties in the new edition? I heard they took a bit of a kicking. I had started putting together a melee focused outrider squad for my white scars with just bolters on the bikes, is that still okay? I’m not really looking for maximum power gaming efficiency here.

I swear I actually have ordered the new rules and army lists, I’ve just been stuck at work since June.

You're paying 20 ppm for T4 1W 2A (counting the chainsword) with a 14" move. Assault marines are 12 ppm for the same profile at 12" move (with the jump packs). You're gaining Scout, Hit and Run, the Shrouded bonus on a run, and a twin linked bolter for those extra 8 points. Up to you whether those special rules are worth 2/3 of an extra marine.

I'm looking at taking a bike squad anyway because they're just neat.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Mr Teatime posted:

Well, the good news is, they can now take more power weapons and they gained a considerable speed boost. The bad news is, they lost a point of Toughness and remain one Wound.

If you can keep them from getting shot off the board Turn 1, and get them up the field into something squishy on Turn 2; they'll do some work (assuming your opponent doesn't save their Overwatch reaction for them, in which case, they're toast). Otherwise, they look like they're going to just get blasted off the board pretty easily. Luckily, they are cheapish, so they could make a pretty decent unit to force a response from your opponent since they are fast enough to threaten a lot of board space, even if that threat is somewhat minimal and fragile. If I were going to use them, I'd probably try to keep them hidden, force an Overwatch reaction with another unit, then try to get a charge in on some tasty Heavy Support squads.

Bulbasaur, being a White Scars enthusiast, and having played a bunch of games (although I'm not sure if any involved White Scars) is probably your best bet for answers.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
If I had to use bikes I would try out a bike praetor or delegatus with a bike command squad. Compared to outriders, command marines with a bike are 28ppm and have WS5, W2, and a 2+ save. Significantly tougher especially in melee. They lose hit and run I think, but become Line.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Also, a bike librarian can make multiple psychic shooting attacks because he gains the firing protocols(2) rule!

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Ristolaz posted:

but become Line.

Worth pointing out, Line comes from the Standard Bearer, so it can be sniped out.

Overall though, that's a good idea.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Today is leak day. Even if this is not unexpected.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Today is leak day. Even if this is not unexpected.

Must have shipped that US mail.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Looks like a tank drove over the box.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Must have shipped that US mail.

Laughing Zealot posted:

Looks like a tank drove over the box.

You don't want to know where the guy had to hide it to sneak it out of the factory.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

You don't want to know where the guy had to hide it to sneak it out of the factory.

The Reflection Crack'd

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Teatime posted:

The bike rule changes are kinda strange, but if you ignore how bikes behaved in 1.0, in 2.0 they're priced fairly competitively though not all their rules compliment well. In practice they favor shooting over combat, so that hit and run rule is better thought of as a defensive way of getting out of unfavorable melee than charging in by yourself. The 5+ DM roll is going to help you maybe once or twice a game when you're moving into position. SkyeAuroline is also right on in that command squads on bikes are the best way to run melee bikes. Comically, jetbikes, which are only a tiny bit better, cost a ton more points and are not worth it command squads or special characters :psyduck:

Think of outriders as highly mobile tactical support squads with twin linked weapons. Twin linked with a big move makes them very reliable. Now, not everyone needs this in their list, but if you have a RoW that makes them line units you've got yourself an interesting proposition. Probably best paired with shotguns for max :black101:

Jetbikes are basically relentless heavy weapon squads with 2W, deepstrike, and big movement. Again, not everyone needs this, but if you've got a RoW making them line units its a very juicy option. They're one of the cheapest ways to get multi meltas into a list, which they can bring to bear pretty much anywhere on the table. Same with plasma cannons, same with volkite culvrins.

So to sum, unless you've got a legion that increases their combat effectiveness or survivability, bikes are mobile special weapon squads that want to shoot and close in only when its guaranteed. RoW that make them line are strong because it lets you take lots of strong shooting line units with high mobility, though at the expense of total wound numbers. Command squads on bikes are the best melee bike option for most legions (not counting some unique legion units).

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

BULBASAUR posted:

So to sum, unless you've got a legion that increases their combat effectiveness or survivability, bikes are mobile special weapon squads that want to shoot and close in only when its guaranteed. RoW that make them line are strong because it lets you take lots of strong shooting line units with high mobility, though at the expense of total wound numbers. Command squads on bikes are the best melee bike option for most legions (not counting some unique legion units).

Do you have any thoughts on outriders w/ Ravenwing in the First Legion? The re-roll to shrouded seems pretty good, but I think the only way to hand that out is via the core shooting reaction.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
oh, the legion spatha bikes get 5+ shrouded whenever they run lmao

Commissar Canuck
Aug 5, 2008

They made fun of us! And it's Stanley Cup season!

Almost done with the some loyalist Emperor's Children jetbike enthusiasts

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

those are extremely sick

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
If you don't have a plan, outriders can be a hard sell. 85 for 3 wound marines. 5 more points gets you a stock javelin, 20 more gets you sky hunters. Both get better ranged options, more wounds, or higher toughness. If you want outriders in melee, consider a command squad instead. If you just need special weapons somewhere they're ok (more so in ZM where you have no options)

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Outriders in ZM should be able to drive up the side of walls and poo poo.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Commissar Canuck posted:

Each more erect than the last!

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

The bike rule changes are kinda strange, but if you ignore how bikes behaved in 1.0, in 2.0 they're priced fairly competitively though not all their rules compliment well. In practice they favor shooting over combat, so that hit and run rule is better thought of as a defensive way of getting out of unfavorable melee than charging in by yourself. The 5+ DM roll is going to help you maybe once or twice a game when you're moving into position. SkyeAuroline is also right on in that command squads on bikes are the best way to run melee bikes. Comically, jetbikes, which are only a tiny bit better, cost a ton more points and are not worth it command squads or special characters :psyduck:

Think of outriders as highly mobile tactical support squads with twin linked weapons. Twin linked with a big move makes them very reliable. Now, not everyone needs this in their list, but if you have a RoW that makes them line units you've got yourself an interesting proposition. Probably best paired with shotguns for max :black101:

Jetbikes are basically relentless heavy weapon squads with 2W, deepstrike, and big movement. Again, not everyone needs this, but if you've got a RoW making them line units its a very juicy option. They're one of the cheapest ways to get multi meltas into a list, which they can bring to bear pretty much anywhere on the table. Same with plasma cannons, same with volkite culvrins.

I guess my outriders are now a command squad. 🤷‍♀️

Now I just need to work out a way to model a bike riding standard bearer that doesn’t look like a marine attempting to cosplay a sailing ship.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Could just mount the banner sideways or make it two flags waving back.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I think I’ve seen people use the pennant from one of the old 40k bike kits (Ravenwing Command Squad maybe?) mounted on the back of one of the bikes before and that looked neat.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Commissar Canuck posted:

White flames ejaculating from the tip you say?

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Had my first game of 2.0 in a ZM match. Did a 2500 game; my side was 1250 of DG and 1250 of UM against 2500 of IW including Pert. Was a lot of fun and we managed to kill Pert thanks to the extremely broken missile launchers on Ultramarine Fulmentarus terminators. I was also pleased with my autocannon heavy support squad, which did a considerable amount of damage before unceremoniously fleeing off the board after failing a Blind Panic check.

Other takeaways:

- Brutal is good
- Contemptors are really, really good for their cost. They probably need a nerf or points increase
- Box dreads are pretty fun and clunky
- The ZM mission from WD needs tweaking to make it not super in favor of the defender. We adjusted this by making sure all objectives were outside the defender DZ
- Heresy owns

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Rad as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Is the Spartan and the Praetors from Age of Darkness on separate sprues or are they all mixed into the rest of them like some of these big boxes are?