Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Tree Dude posted:

I don't understand how this is relevant to ANYTHING much less a damages trial.

The idea is to humanize Jones and make the jury sympathize with him. It's obviously a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

He wasn't eating chili last night.

Random Stranger posted:

I was hoping that he couldn't name a kid and then say that he had a bowl of chili for lunch.

*ahem*

(I'll stop spamming this but I had to)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Seth Pecksniff posted:

He's def sick and it's probably covid lmao

Could be ricin, the deep state finally got him. Or Russia is tired of him.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the wayne's world defense. the man is a pro.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Digital Jedi posted:

Sharkman??!!?

I'm sad he didn't mention the other local DJ, the one he got into a fistfight with, "Space Hitler".

No, none of that is a joke.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Random Stranger posted:

The idea is to humanize Jones and make the jury sympathize with him. It's obviously a bad idea.

He is going to get crushed on cross and his lawyer is a moron

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Random Stranger posted:

That, peppered with some "I'm just an entertainer!" it seems like, given the Howard Stern mention and whatnot.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Gotta take that adderall before you testify. Wouldn't want to lose concentration.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I feel like these softball questions is the worst thing imaginable for the defence to lob at Jones because it will make him crash all the harder once Matt starts tearing him apart.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

B-Rock452 posted:

He is going to get crushed on cross and his lawyer is a moron

Yeah this is opening up so much room for the plantiff's lawyers to ask questions related to this testimony

It's a massive mistake

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Has to pop his boner pills so he is full of male energy for his time on the stand.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Xiahou Dun posted:

I'm sad he didn't mention the other local DJ, the one he got into a fistfight with, "Space Hitler".

No, none of that is a joke.

Someone email Mark to ask on cross

Stolkin
Aug 10, 2013
“They had a pet monkey! It’s just silly! Just like me lying about a bunch of murders!”

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

He's def sick and it's probably covid lmao

His voice always sounds like that

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
LOL, he is winding up for it all being an act. What a loving coward.

Edit: Wait, did he just flip to telling the truth? The gently caress?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Digital Jedi posted:

Someone email Mark to ask on cross

O Mark knows this.

Son of a bitch has spent several hundred hours listening to pure-strain Jones. Poor bastard.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Beyond the left/right paradigm again.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I can hear the salivation of the upcoming cross examination. All this fluffing is going to get torn apart in cross.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
oh my the conspiracy poo poo

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I was about to type that the plaintiff could pivot off this to ask about his gain in popularity due to 9/11 trutherism but then Alex brings it up on his own lol

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Not lying on purpose.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
THIS. poo poo. IS. UNDER. OATH.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Yes, open up the avenue of exactly how much reach Alex has now compared to earlier in his career. So smart

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I thought that he was loving old but he's like not that older than me

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

Yeah this is opening up so much room for the plantiff's lawyers to ask questions related to this testimony

It's a massive mistake

They'd have to spend over an hour just pointing out all the lies in this background poo poo.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Whole room looks like it’s falling asleep

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Is anyone else hearing a phone vibration sound getting picked up by the mics? I think it's Alex's on the desk.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

KitConstantine posted:

It's a massive mistake

I legitimately believe that his lawyer isn't actually aware that the plaintiffs get to cross examine him. It's the only plausible reason why they would be doing this

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Hollismason posted:

I thought that he was loving old but he's like not that older than me
Don't think about what that implies too much. But yeah I think he's been being professionally insane for, uh, a long time.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

The judge has up and checked the gently caress out.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

The judge is so loving bored.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lol at these softball questions that have nothing to do with the case that simultaneously reveal how much influence Jones has.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It always weirds me out when Knowledge Fight covers an older episode of the show when he was like 25 and he still sounds like poo poo and he says all the same crazy poo poo.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

The judge has up and checked the gently caress out.

Looks more "quietly seething" to me but there is room for interpretation

Stolkin
Aug 10, 2013
“Most talk show hosts would sell a coffee cup or other merchandise to support themselves — but I didn’t do that!” I mean, this is just the truthest truth that ever truthed!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

KitConstantine posted:

Looks more "quietly seething" to me but there is room for interpretation

hyperfocusing on the unbridled stream of truth coming from alex

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Agenda 21!

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Depopulation!

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Dude what is the loving lawyer’s plan here? He’s just establishing that Jones has a big reach and loves conspiracy theories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Dude what is the loving lawyer’s plan here? He’s just establishing that Jones has a big reach and loves conspiracy theories.

Exactly the opposite of what he should be doing.