Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will probably play it and have fun for like 40 minutes and never play it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I played the beta and it was fun for like 20 minutes but didn't have much else going for it. Feels like one of those live service games where you log in and do your dailies to get currency to buy some new cosmetics or whatever.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Yeah there's some real fuckin Steam-esque dogshit in the Xbox store.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Having played hours of Golf With Your Friends over the past 2 years, I'm pretty excited to try Rocket League but Golf With Your Friends.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Turbo Golf Fuckers or whatever it's called is pretty fun. I enjoyed the demo on PC (that little demo festival they did on Steam was great, bring back game demos) and if they can add a bunch more courses, I will be putting some time into it for sure

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The PS Store does a much better job at concealing the asset flips in default view. Sorting games by newest is a nightmare on both

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Oh man, Wildlands is 30 fps?

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Hell yes, bring on Two Point Campus

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the performance and experience of wildlands can be improved dramatically with the "uninstall" dlc

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

priznat posted:

I don’t know if I’d want to play Cooking Simulator but the Let’s Game it Out videos on it are always great.

Josh makes literally every game look like fun. Last week he played some extremely broken driving simulator and ended up using the buggy mechanics to construct a UFO flycatcher. That man is a national treasure.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Josh makes literally every game look like fun. Last week he played some extremely broken driving simulator and ended up using the buggy mechanics to construct a UFO flycatcher. That man is a national treasure.

:agreed: I can actually put one up on the tv and my wife who usually doesn't give two shits about games will laugh. He's just that good.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
These people aren't joking, Wildlands really sucks. The only good part of it is when your boys all pop out of the car to do drive bys I'm a hilarious synchronized animation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The sequel, Breakpoint, sadly manages to be even worse.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I seem to remember having a decent amount of fun with Wildlands :shobon: I got it on sale on PS4 a few years ago. I hated Breakpoint, though, and fell off it pretty quickly.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lube Enthusiast posted:

(over stimulated, struggling to breath) c-can it emulate the 2nd Mystical Ninja N64 game

someone answer this ASAP

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The only one of those tom clancy games I’ve enjoyed since the OG Rainbow Six was the one where you were in plague afflicted NYC, that one had a genuinely unsettling feel to it. Of course they ran it into the ground with the sequel though.

The Division I think it was?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The first Division, after all the updates, was pretty cool. Way better than the second which is probably why I can matchmake for missions in 1 and 2 is a ghost town.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Wildlands was interesting and fun as long as you
1) play coop, not single player
2) set yourselves the goal of trying hard not to raise alarms
3) don't do dumb stuff like get a helicopter, land on the target, shoot them and fly away to instantly beat every mission.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

priznat posted:

The only one of those tom clancy games I’ve enjoyed since the OG Rainbow Six was the one where you were in plague afflicted NYC, that one had a genuinely unsettling feel to it. Of course they ran it into the ground with the sequel though.

The Division I think it was?

2020?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

John F Bennett posted:

Oh man, Wildlands is 30 fps?

Doesn't it have a performance mode options? I played it on a PS4 pro and it had 60fps on that so I'd have to assume that it's an option on a series X.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah it's too real now :smith:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Division had a real fun setting. Too bad about the sequel

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

They even did an expansion for Division 2 that sent people back to the first game's setting.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Alchenar posted:

Wildlands was interesting and fun as long as you
1) play coop, not single player
2) set yourselves the goal of trying hard not to raise alarms
3) don't do dumb stuff like get a helicopter, land on the target, shoot them and fly away to instantly beat every mission.

Preach. I ended up buying it on PS4 so my brother and I could relive the glory days of split screen ps2 GR.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The Division had a real fun setting. Too bad about the sequel

Setting it in summer was a huge let down over the first. Half the fun was marveling at the snow and slush on the streets.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Live At Five! posted:

Setting it in summer was a huge let down over the first. Half the fun was marveling at the snow and slush on the streets.

Exactly.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Plus DC is probably stinky enough in the summer without thousands of plague corpses everywhere

Just seeing the piles of bodybags was nasty to think about

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

priznat posted:

Plus DC is probably stinky enough in the summer without thousands of plague corpses everywhere

Just seeing the piles of bodybags was nasty to think about

Excuse me, their names are senators and they deserve your respect.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Huh, Multiversus is pretty fun.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
For those of us xbox gamers in Japan, Microsoft has finally expanded the rewards program to here!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Original_Z posted:

For those of us xbox gamers in Japan, Microsoft has finally expanded the rewards program to here!

Xbox, Japan???? :confused:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Original_Z posted:

loving finally. Do I need to do anything or does it finally let me just accept the rewards

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

External Organs posted:

It is. I'm having a ton of fun with it.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Original_Z posted:

Finland as well. Although the only reward to redeem so far is a League of Legends gift card. The others, including Microsoft and Steam gift cards, say "Coming Soon."

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Does the Forza 5 DLC come with gamepass or do you buy it on top?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does the Forza 5 DLC come with gamepass or do you buy it on top?

It doesn't. That's how they get you.

I'm gonna get hot wheels though probably, looks rad.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

External Organs posted:

Welp I can't seem to connect to any matches but it looks fun.

edit: oh nvm... apparently I failed to actually do an ethernet connection to my Xbox back when I ran it across the room, and wireless was causing problems.

It definitely feels fun, but I'm feeling much more like I'll have to study the characters than in Smash Bros.; I'm down to try it and it's kind of interesting how quirky each character's abilities feel

Martman fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Aug 3, 2022

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

JBP posted:

It doesn't. That's how they get you.

I'm gonna get hot wheels though probably, looks rad.

:/ I kinda figured it wouldn't but that is a genuine bummer. I pretty much treated the xbox as "it only needs gamepass!" to the point where I literally don't have payment info saved in there

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Microsoft is very generous to us but I don't think even they would make an entire game and then not have any way to recoup costs besides Game Pass and cosmetics lol.

Also im not sure whether to be disgusted or happy for you that you haven't wanted to buy anything yet. Maybe you're just a grandpa buying physical and it's not as weird as I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hrm Microsoft rewards still doesn't work, as it doesn't approve that I shop and buy through the US store but live in Japan.