Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
There's no way Alex Jones is "$300 million dollars doesn't hurt" wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

InsertPotPun posted:

a: what can they do to him? fines? sanctions? making him lose a whole bunch of money? oh no, he'll have to...do his very profitable show to pay that off? "you're sentenced to live your life"
b: who wants to make an example of him? as far as i can see it's one angry judge. who can...impose sanctions see a.
why in the world would anyone "make an example" of jones? for what? who has he hurt that can actually gently caress with him? why? he's not exposing anything, he's running deep interference for the right people, he's a loving rich rodeo clown for the right people with a large following. a very useful tool.

I think it comes down to his ego. If he can calm down, then yeah being bankrupted won't hurt him because he has anonymous "friends" who have already shown they'll throw a few million his way. He can rebuild and start over.

What's more likely, I think, is he throws an absolute poo poo fit because he's a narcissistic who collided with reality and either
A. Overdoses or wrecks while on a binge
B. Alcoholism gets worse and he goes out that way.
C. Becomes such an unstable rage monster he can't do the show anymore.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

a: what can they do to him? fines? sanctions? making him lose a whole bunch of money? oh no, he'll have to...do his very profitable show to pay that off? "you're sentenced to live your life"
b: who wants to make an example of him? as far as i can see it's one angry judge. who can...impose sanctions see a.
why in the world would anyone "make an example" of jones? for what? who has he hurt that can actually gently caress with him? why? he's not exposing anything, he's running deep interference for the right people, he's a loving rich rodeo clown for the right people with a large following. a very useful tool.

I don't mind that his sentence is "you are forced to live your life." This is all clearly stressing Jones out significantly and I'm sure he'd walk it back if he could.

As long as the sandy hook families make a lot of money in the defamation suit I'll be happy. Just like I'll be happy if Dominion wins their defamation lawsuits. Having genuinely large monetary consequences for explicit defamatory lies is worth it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I get being a doomer, but yeah if the families get anywhere close to 9 digits I feel like that probably cleans his clock pretty good

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ryde posted:

Frankly it’s pretty easy to imagine Alex pulling through this and rebuilding InfoWars from bankruptcy. His audience seems to be making reasonable strides in convincing everyone that this is just the system being unfair to poor lil Jonesy who is being sued over hurt feelings.
Based on what, the posts in this thread?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Nessus posted:

Generally how people around me are talking about the trial.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

ryde posted:

What's the environment? Were these people already Alex Jones fans?

Raxkor
Jan 19, 2013

What the actual or implied fuck?!

InsertPotPun posted:

a: what can they do to him?

They are going to go after him for all the shady nonsense he's trying to pull. The pros flat out said him moving his 60mil and then declaring bankruptcy isn't going to fly. They can do way more than you think friendo. :)

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Nessus posted:

A former employer of mine was revealed, slowly, to be an Infowarrior who thought it was really Punk Rock to oppose big gov and vaccine mandates and basically parrot everything Tucker espouses. Dude was ready to tan his balls to make up for his deficiencies. Well, he lost his wife and kids through Covid because he was a true believer. He's still got money to burn and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gave it to Mr. Alex "Tippo Daspear" Jones.

His base is NUTS.

Either the crypto money or the Patriot-Patreon funds will be enough to keep him going. His operation is basically a paid for studio and some internet hosting fees. It doesnt' cost much to keep Infowars polluting the wider internet.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Scam Likely posted:

Well, he lost his wife and kids through Covid because he was a true believer.

As in they left him and are now living happily far away from his crazy rear end right?

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

As in they left him and are now living happily far away from his crazy rear end right?

Correct. Custody battle lost, which is basically Chud Conversion Fast-track 101 which results in chronic posting of live stream rants via cell phone shot from drivers seat of car while wearing dark sunglasses.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Scam Likely posted:

Correct. Custody battle lost, which is basically Chud Conversion Fast-track 101 which results in chronic posting of live stream rants via cell phone shot from drivers seat of car while wearing dark sunglasses.

I will never fully understand how that became CHUD LiveJournal.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ryde posted:

Lol being surrounded by chuds and actually listening to them lmao

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Scam Likely posted:

For the lurkers, it feels like we should post our favorite Knowledge Fight episodes. Or just AJ adjacent content. I say this as I listen to a QAnon Anonymous podcast illuminating how TikTok is full of insane pilled content that will doom younger Gen Z's to carry on AJ's torch of insanity.

Knowledge Fight did a series of episodes of a feud between Joe Rogan and AJ that is like 20 hours long, but fun catty drama.

The January 6th show and couple episodes after are also really good because of the contrast between the on air personality (I think it was Owen Troyer) venerating all the people in the capitol and Jones who was trying to keep people away. It was a complete shitshow.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I'm catching up on watching today's stream because I had to work today.

Mr. Heslin broke my heart.

Ms. Lewis patched it up a little bit with her strength and ability to stare Alex the gently caress down.

Everything else can be summed up with my god.

After court recessed when the parents came up to him and shook his hand killed me. I understand why they did it, but he doesn't deserve their loving good will. What a piece of poo poo. I'm glad Mark stepped in.

spinst fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 3, 2022

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

someone recently gave him 8 million dollars

alex jones will be fiiiiiiiine.

you heard his employees: they work for whatever he pays them, they only know what he tells them, it's a little cult. same with most of his fans. you don't destroy a cult leader by taking his money; the rest of the cult will happily give him whatever he wants. he serves a purpose for someone who can afford to just throw 8 million at someone to further their interests. you don't give up a valuable asset that easily.
plus, he never EVER committed the only thing that will get you convicted in america: he never inconvenienced a fellow rich person.

if he ends up having to pay out ten times his entire known net worth in punitive damages, then he might not starve, but he's certainly going to regret losing all that money he hoarded

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Raxkor posted:

They are going to go after him for all the shady nonsense he's trying to pull. The pros flat out said him moving his 60mil and then declaring bankruptcy isn't going to fly. They can do way more than you think friendo. :)
ssssssssssssuch as?
and wwwwhoooo gives a poo poo if they fine him a billion kergillion dollars-in-dues? you can't get blood from a stone. most likely they'll put him on a generous allowance and the rest goes to pay fees or fines or whatevers. he'll be upper middle class instead of a millionaire. i mean he still has all his millionaire friends and stuff so he'll still get to fly all over the world and party. and there's the assets they can't touch. he'll just...keep doing his show
but no, go on friendo, please tell me the WORLD of hurt he'll be in when he has to resort to selling bogus chinese medicine
this isn't "doomer". there's nothing "doomer" about not imagining the judge sentencing alex jones to pay all of his money and then he just explodes in the middle of the courtroom. especially becauseno one has laid out anything else. everyone licking their lips at all the sanctions. even your flawless point ended in a pitiful puff of "oooh they'll get him for things! and stuff!!" a sentence that would fit in very comfortably with jones' own show where they should impeach biden for things! and stuff!!

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

goatface posted:

He might end up in a secure psych unit at this rate.

If I were on the jury I’d be asking the judge if we could vote for that

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

InsertPotPun posted:

ssssssssssssuch as?
and wwwwhoooo gives a poo poo if they fine him a billion kergillion dollars-in-dues? you can't get blood from a stone. most likely they'll put him on a generous allowance and the rest goes to pay fees or fines or whatevers. he'll be upper middle class instead of a millionaire. i mean he still has all his millionaire friends and stuff so he'll still get to fly all over the world and party. and there's the assets they can't touch. he'll just...keep doing his show
but no, go on friendo, please tell me the WORLD of hurt he'll be in when he has to resort to selling bogus chinese medicine
this isn't "doomer". there's nothing "doomer" about not imagining the judge sentencing alex jones to pay all of his money and then he just explodes in the middle of the courtroom. especially becauseno one has laid out anything else. everyone licking their lips at all the sanctions. even your flawless point ended in a pitiful puff of "oooh they'll get him for things! and stuff!!" a sentence that would fit in very comfortably with jones' own show where they should impeach biden for things! and stuff!!

Hot drat, looks like defense got themselves a new surprise witness.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

InsertPotPun posted:

ssssssssssssuch as?

Every post you've made itt has been hysterical nonsense.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
In 2028 Alex Jones will be the fairly elected President of the United States of America. He's got every presidential quality.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Outrail posted:

In 2028 Alex Jones will be the fairly elected President of the United States of America. He's got every presidential quality.

Bookmarking this post for future reference.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
"Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Outrail posted:

2028? 2024? Heh. Comforting thought for people who don't really understand what's going on.

Alex Jones won the Presidential election in 2012.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
If a poor person in the U.S. gets sued, can they say that they've got no money and all is forgiven, or is this just a rich people thing?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

The Alchemist posted:

If a poor person in the U.S. gets sued, can they say that they've got no money and all is forgiven, or is this just a rich people thing?
The poor person is immediately sold to pet food factories.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The Alchemist posted:

There is such a thing as being so poor you literally cannot pay any civil lawsuit so you're air quotes "judgement proof". But...you're dirt poor in America so that's not exactly a victory. Otherwise yes, that is just a rich person thing. Look at Donald Trump and how he scammed out of paying taxes.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Aug 3, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
All rise!

The dishonorable Judge Witch has called court to session. You may be seated.

Now, to address a few matters

- everyone is entitled to their own predictions as to how this will end. Some of them may seem far fetched or baseless however this is kind of an extreme case and situation, so I’ll allow it. What I won’t allow is making GBS threads on others to take over, be mindful.

- don’t post any video or screencaps from the zoom stream - period. Let other idiots do that, fine, but it’s been explicitly stated that this should NOT be happening outside of the designated sources (that law and crime YT channel, for instance - totally fine to share). Don’t amplify chances of the stream being taken down.

- I remind the court of SA Jurispoodence, in that we are not to touch the poop. Screencap and share YouTube comment sections here, sure, but leave the skidmarks on the internet where they are.

- however, should a goon infowarrior somehow windup here, you are well within your rights to address within the Laws and Statutes of Not Making Me Press Buttons. You are fully welcome to do as you wish so long as I’m not giving out sanctiosixers.

It appears the plaintiffs would like to submit evidence exhibit 420-69-:wom: . What is the reasoning?

“Your dishonor, it’ll be stuck in your head for days, and we believe the jury needs to also be punished”

I’ll allow it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oqAU5VxFWs

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think Jones is probably already at the point where he'd have "gently caress you no consequences for meeeeeee" money if he weren't Alex Jones, because part of the "no consequences" part involves using your fat stacks of cash to hire good lawyers and then listening to them, and Jones has hired bad lawyers and is pathologically incapable of listening to advice.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ngl the fact that fat idiot has an empire in the hundreds, not tens, of million dollars is pretty hilarious.

jfc america.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I suspect Alex Jones financial and upcoming judicial proceedings would be a lot better if he took his ego out of the driver's seat, settled where he could, answered only "no comment" when a camera was in his face about any of this and pulled a Fox News by claiming in court he is playing a character for entertainment value and nobody reasonable would believe his performance and then sticking to that script.

But he's Alex Jones, and he's got some brain problems.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

ngl the fact that fat idiot has an empire in the hundreds, not tens, of million dollars is pretty hilarious.

jfc america.

Local public access crank becomes a multi-millionaire and a national security risk. Look at what you can do if you put your mind to it.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

SilvergunSuperman posted:

jfc america.

A wise person once said "You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator."

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The irony is he wouldn't have become as rich and successful as he has without the brain problems.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I suspect Alex Jones financial and upcoming judicial proceedings would be a lot better if he took his ego out of the driver's seat, settled where he could, answered only "no comment" when a camera was in his face about any of this and pulled a Fox News by claiming in court he is playing a character for entertainment value and nobody reasonable would believe his performance and then sticking to that script.

The issue is he wouldn't admit it's a character because he can't, not without losing his viewers, and there's poo poo in discovery he's terrified of them actually finding hence stonewalling as much as he has. And his offer for settlements never were serious because he wouldn't back down or even show true sincerity.

Literally backtracking and removing any mention of it and denouncing Wolfgang would have been good faith efforts but he can't, he's so full of his own poo poo he won't admit fault.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Are there any good day by day summaries to catch up with the trial?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve heard the theory posited that Alex is narcissistic, and I’m inclined to believe that based on his actions. To the levels of an NPD diagnosis, we’d never really know. I do think it’s far beyond a healthy self image into being at least deputy mayor of Narcsville. Something is very wrong that has been allowed to be wrong for decades as it benefits those who profit off of Alex’s lovely actions and behaviors.

I think what’s jarring for a lot of us is that we all know a little Alex Jones. We know someone like that, not to his extent, but many of us have that flavor of rear end in a top hat looming in our lives. Much like this modern rise of authoritarianism, masks are coming off and we are seeing some truly ghoulish visages.

We cannot just handwave him off as a toothless kook any longer, we cannot simply turn away, we know to a worrying extent what he is capable of, and how his own lack of legitimate, selfless remorse is a danger. And again, we know many people like him. We are trying to desperately get through to Alex, seeing Ms. Lewis on the stand pleading to his humanity was probably the most heartbreaking for myself yesterday. She’s grappling with the realization that Alex Jones lacks something significant, a soul, a consciousnesses of others, whatever - and it’s loving scary because he is one of many like this. She wants to see the good and worthiness in everyone she meets, she is trying to desperately choose love for someone who not only couldn’t do the same for her, but actively benefits from her pain.

I have no answers as to how to handle something like that. I too am really struggling with trying to see the positive and love in everyone and…they couldn’t care. Could not give a poo poo about her plight until it affects him directly, and debatably, even then it doesn’t seem to quite sink in. I see the same in Jones’ extended universe - this distinct inability to have a shred of understanding for anyone not like them, but the capability, willingness and drive to profit off of someone else’s misery. Alex Jones fundamentally needs someone to harm in order to survive.

Anyway, I’ll have a Crunchwrap

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

teen witch posted:

She wants to see the good and worthiness in everyone she meets, she is trying to desperately choose love for someone who not only couldn’t do the same for her, but actively benefits from her pain.

I have no answers as to how to handle something like that. I too am really struggling with trying to see the positive and love in everyone and…they couldn’t care.

The answer is what it's always been: to do the best you can do to treat people with decency whether or not they've earned it, to not castigate yourself when you can't live up to that goal because it's a lofty fuckin' goal that you'll never be able to live completely, and to remember that when your kindness is thrown back in your face, that's not a net loss to you: you've still made yourself that little bit more of a kinder person in the process.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Scam Likely posted:

Xiahou Dun posted:

I will never fully understand how that became CHUD LiveJournal.

They probably got used to it as their only private space where no one could tell them to shut the gently caress up in person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

For those of you watching live, when something happens, can you please give some context to what you're reacting to? In my timezone I'm asleep when the court proceedings are active, and reading back over the thread has been confusing. I feel like I'm reading one half of a phone conversation.