Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Morroque posted:

What I don't like about those emails is that they imply Jones is, in fact, literate. Unfortunately, that doesn't jive with the other evidence we've seen.

It also implies he know and likely abetted some criminal things. The messages are a field day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Literacy does not preclude insanity.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLeAot4Zrxo

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I thought he was doing well with proving that Alex does indeed use email, despite testifying under oath that ‘I never use email’. Then just casually revealing Jones’ lawyers gave him an atom bomb.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

funeral home DJ posted:

Holy poo poo. There's loving things up, and then there's loving things up. I don't want Jones to win anything but man I'd be telling him to sue those lawyers after a gently caress-up that bad.

He's gonna have no lawyers left that would be able to execute on that lawsuit tho :lmao:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ppppppfffftt
"accidently sending incriminating evidence" more like "complying with discovery :smuggo:"

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I would pay any amount of money for a live feed of Alex Jones for the next 48 hours.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

madmatt112 posted:

He's gonna have no lawyers left that would be able to execute on that lawsuit tho :lmao:

Even more, no competent lawyer is gonna touch him every again because Jones personally cannot stop burying his own cases even when his lawyers are not bungling buffoons.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I have to say, I thought his testimony would bring the lols

I did not expect it to be a literal Law & Order episode where they bring out surprise evidence at the very end to nail the person

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Frank Frank posted:

I don't think this is true. It would be on Jones' team to request privilege.

He said in court that Jones's attorneys were informed. I'm assuming it was more of a pro forma sort of notice rather than actually going into details on what they had just done, but notice was given and ignored.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Frank Frank posted:

I don't think this is true. It would be on Jones' team to request privilege.

As per the tweet posted by KitConstantine the 10 day clock would have started only when Jones' lawyers were made aware of their gently caress up. The plaintiff's lawyers needed to give their "are you goddamn sure this is not privileged" notice and hope for the best.

They got 10 days of cricket noises as an answer :getin:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

funeral home DJ posted:

Holy poo poo. There's loving things up, and then there's loving things up. I don't want Jones to win anything but man I'd be telling him to sue those lawyers after a gently caress-up that bad.

I mean, all that money would just go to the Sandy Hook parents, so I have no problem with that.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

It also implies he know and likely abetted some criminal things. The messages are a field day.

... If Jones didn't take the stand, this wouldn't have happened. It was entirely an own goal on his part.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I have to say, I thought his testimony would bring the lols

I did not expect it to be a literal Law & Order episode where they bring out surprise evidence at the very end to nail the person

This whole thing has been orders of magnitude more bountiful than we had any right to expect. God Bless You, Alex Jones' Incompetent Lawyers, God Bless You.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Omobono posted:

As per the tweet posted by KitConstantine the 10 day clock would have started only when Jones' lawyers were made aware of their gently caress up. The plaintiff's lawyers needed to give their "are you goddamn sure this is not privileged" notice and hope for the best.

yeah, i mean, that's the best part! they even had a chance to save themselves!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The elden ring of court cases

:goonsay:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Morroque posted:

... If Jones didn't take the stand, this wouldn't have happened. It was entirely an own goal on his part.

Yup. He literally thrives on the sound of his own voice, except now its being filled with coughing and desperate flailing.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Don’t a lot of the lawyers have at least some merit in the fact that they picked up the case down the road so not loving it up more would be hard?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
So since the emails/texts are evidence can the January 6 committee request them?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They looked at it and chose to pick it up. This is a hill they chose to die on.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Omobono posted:

Must have been a tense 10 days waiting to hear if they figured it out.

In the end, I don't really think it was necessary to prove he was lying. But it sure helps.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
So what's the deal with whether the emails and texts can be publicly shared, both during and after the case?

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1554874905526734848

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Alex Jones biggest lie is that’s not a cough button in studio: it’s a fart button.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Trillhouse posted:

Must have been a tense 10 days waiting to hear if they figured it out.

I am imaging a New Year's Eve countdown complete with popping of champagne

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
You know the plaintiff side had a timer set and popped bottles when that poo poo went off

lol, and furthermore, lmao

e: ^^^^ great minds

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
I'm listening to that KF piece with Mark and they're laughing it up like it was today.

I can hardly wait for the followup episode!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

madmatt112 posted:

This whole thing has been orders of magnitude more bountiful than we had any right to expect. God Bless You, Alex Jones' Incompetent Lawyers, God Bless You.

Someone start the petition to give Jones' defense attorneys the presidential medal of freedom.

:patriot:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Pyrtanis posted:

lol, and furthermore, lmao

:hmmyes:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
lol as hell

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Someone start the petition to give Jones' defense attorneys the presidential medal of freedom.

Nah, :guillotine:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hell, they might need Secret Service protection once the lunatics find out how much they hosed up for him.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Does the jury need to be unanimous or only a majority?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm thinking back to Jones's lawyer getting pissy on day one or two of the trial and getting in the plaintiff's lawyer's face. And he must have been standing there thinking, "Just a few more days, shitbag..."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

gregday posted:

Does the jury need to be unanimous or only a majority?
10/12 I believe

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

nm this is from 2019, assholes!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

They can do both!

Put their heads in, drape medals, drop blade.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Deki posted:

I'm a bit behind, how the gently caress do you accidentally send a dump of someone's texts to opposing council?

I don't know if this is the case, but the evidence they wanted to send could be labeled "evidence1221" and they accidentally sent " evidence1222".

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

That's from 2019. It's been brought up a lot in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009