Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex shifting uncomfortably in his seat while being addressed directly by Lawyer I honestly thought he was about to jump up and start yelling or flip a table or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Photex posted:

Jones wants to burst out into some tirade.

He's rocking back and forth like a cartoon teapot that's overboiling

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Has anyone considered that maybe Alex Jone's lawyer is a deep state agent and loving things up on purpose??

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Watching the live feed and Alex almost lunged at the lawyer talking right now, and someone behind him held him back lol

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
This is actually a fake alex who is trying to make the real alex (pbuh) look bad.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

goatface posted:

This is actually a fake alex who is trying to make the real alex (pbuh) look bad.

alex jones is a deep state actor who's kidnapped the real alex jones

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Details on the current and next phase of this trial:
https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1554905527582343169?s=20&t=Szrxg1VG65xYa-NhyYAyvw
https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1554907399747682313?s=20&t=Szrxg1VG65xYa-NhyYAyvw

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

The Alchemist posted:

Has anyone considered that maybe Alex Jone's lawyer is a deep state agent and loving things up on purpose??

5th post from the bottom on page 119

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
The intonation on "your objection's overruled" was incredible.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

AARD VARKMAN posted:

im not sure i understand the whole design of this closing argument but im definitely not a lawyer. the 12 points or whatever

I imagine making it impossible for the defendant to give their closing by cutting off their previously stated reasons/ downplays.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Kestral posted:

I think the word is "exasperation"

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Catastrophe posted:

*THROWS DOWN A SMOKE BOMB AND RUNS OUT OF THE ROOM*

He's not even going to do that, he's going to do the Krieger thing of just yelling "SMOKE BOMB!" and run out as everybody stares at him in puzzlement.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Watching the live feed and Alex almost lunged at the lawyer talking right now, and someone behind him held him back lol

The leak is so stupid I actually vaguely thought about whether or not it could have been intentional, either from the lawyers or one of their assistants, who saw something on the phone dump that crossed a personal line of some sort.

I don't think that's actually it though because the defense is so loving incompetent I believe they could do something like this and also that they probably haven't even read the phone records.

Log082 fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 3, 2022

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Kestral posted:

I got up to wander out front to refresh my drink and I missed it!

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

William Bear posted:

I'm suing Alex Jones to find out his chili recipe!

"This just says 'Vicodin' in block letters. And it's misspelled."

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Log082 posted:

The leak is so stupid I actually vaguely thought about whether or not it could have been intentional, either from the lawyers or one of their assistants, who saw something on the phone dump that crossed a personal line of some sort.

I don't think that's actually it thought because the defense is so loving incompetent I believe they could do something like and also that they probably haven't even read the phone records.

I'm pretty sure it's just the latest in the revolving door of lawyers not knowing how dropbox works.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Fantastic plaintiff lawyer closing argument, and still going strong. Plenty of material to work with, that's for sure.

The jury have a lot of points to consider. So surely they won't sequester for just an hour or two, but will deliver their verdict tomorrow.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Hillary 2024! You heard it here first!

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

How do the names of all the other infowars employees have the silliest names possible? This is an op.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

neato burrito posted:

Just imagine if chili is the butterfly that causes the downfall of Trumpism in the US.

I'm not going to hold my breath BUT I can hope! I wonder if there are any international legal teams, like in say Europe or Canada, that would be interested in Jones's's's data

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

Panzeh posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just the latest in the revolving door of lawyers not knowing how dropbox works.

I've worked in litigation support, and I can confirm that many lawyers don't even understand the concept of a hard drive, let alone something like Dropbox. It's amazing the blind spots many lawyers have.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Today is my birthday. Today is a good birthday.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Plan R posted:

I got up to wander out front to refresh my drink and I missed it!

Same.

This cup of coffee was not worth it. Why didn't I just carry my laptop with me!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

lmao Jones's lawyer's face every time he's overruled

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Every time these objections get overruled the judge sounds more and more done with his poo poo

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

TaurusTorus posted:

Happy Birthday!

Knock one back for the rest of us.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/allahliker/status/1554891798220259330

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Love the blonde playing the miniature piano.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
God shut UP Alex and listen

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Log082 posted:

I don't think that's actually it though because the defense is so loving incompetent I believe they could do something like this and also that they probably haven't even read the phone records.

for sure, any lawyer stupid enough to legally represent AJ is stupid enough to do that by mistake

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I underestimated how much I'd want a big bowl of chili to commemorate this until now.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
She just cut him off, that time. "overRULED!"

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I feel like the judge is just waiting for the jury to retire so she can lay into the defense

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

teen witch posted:

Lol @ thinking this man will ever change in any way.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

TaurusTorus posted:

Same and also happy birthday!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Have his handlers got him on a choke chain?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I haven’t been able to live watch much of the closing arguments but based on the commentary in this thread….

Is Shitball really objecting regularly during closing arguments? Is this his first trial?

:rubby:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

teen witch posted:

Stolkin
Aug 10, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

he most likely has malpractice insurance and will just be out the $10k deductible and jones will get the policy limit immediately.

Is there any chance this was intentional insurance fraud? (I.e. the lawyers colluding with Jones to provide such poor representation as to trigger an insurance payout)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Lawlicaust posted:

I haven’t been able to live watch much of the closing arguments but based on the commentary in this thread….

Is Shitball really objecting regularly during closing arguments? Is this his first trial?

:rubby:

Not his first but there's a not-insignificant chance that it's almost his last!