Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Uganda Loves Me posted:

It's looking very likely that I have ADHD, and I talk to my psych NP next week about it. I've been reading about others' experiences with it, and it's all relatable. It gives me some actual hope that I might figure out what's going on and be able to work on it. Holy poo poo does it feel like I stalled out on recovering from bipolar disorder. This might be what I needed.

I just had an evaluation for ADHD today and the idea that I might finally get some relief after years of SSRIs not working is so nice. I've been having the same experience with finding out that so many things I do aren't neurotypical. I hope you the best, I get my results on Friday. Time to only think about that for two days straight lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Witeldram
Feb 22, 2022

Tulip posted:

I...think I need to log off for a bit. Absolute minimum from Twitter, possibly from other sources as well. I want to be a good person, and I know that anybody who is even mildly versed in sophistry can make any action sound evil, and I know that people are just bored and playing a game when they talk about how feeding people is actually no morally better than bombing a village, but it still gets under my skin and I feel bad that I am not capable of dedicating 25 hours a day to perfectly selfless actions. As if there is such a thing as perfectly selfless action.

It doesn't even actually motivate me to take more action, I end up taking energy that I could use helping people and putting it into self-flagellation.

I uninstalled Twitter from my phone and it's done wonders for my mental health (now I just check it once a day on my computer). I believe most people just go to Twitter to vent their frustrations about the world after a long work/school day and that's why it's such a toxic place.

Also I kinda just stopped following heated topics so now all my Twitter algorithm gives me are The Boys memes, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

okay, and? what's your plan for those times when jacking off and playing video games isn't enough of a distraction? are you so troubled by the plights of other people that you would rather they not use the mental health thread and otherwise disturb your posting experience?

I'm sharing my coping strategies buddy, anything else you're reading into my post is your own creation.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Made a list of goals that I wanted to complete at work today.

And I failed to meet all of them. All the list does is remind me what useless poo poo I am. Couldn't complete 5 assignments, couldn't image 3 laptops, couldn't inventory. Studied Azure, but since I retained absolutely none of what I listened to today, it doesn't matter and doesn't count, so that's a fail too.

Like between that and all the hair I pulled out on my desk, I should probably write in my notebook "you're actually just broken and no pill is going to help you".

I signed up for BetterHelp, they want 320 bucks upfront. I haven't paid yet, I don't know if I can even trust them tbh.

skooma512 has issued a correction as of 02:23 on Aug 4, 2022

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Tulip posted:

Is this a 'drink too much in general' or a 'get anxious and overmedicate' thing. Both are bad - at the very least you don't like it - but how you treat those is different. Would you feel comfortable saying to some friends as part of setting up a hangout "no booze please"?

I don't drink (anymore) outside of 'social occasions', and even then I try to say no. I've told people No Booze Tonight! and they're just fine with it. But, it's usually still offered. I can keep off most times, but when I'm feeling anxious... It's hard. It instantly makes me feel better, and then my brain gets stupid and I overindulge. Overmedicating is exactly it. Funny juice made the bad feeling go away, so more funny juice means more good feeling!

It's just poor self control. I don't want to drink anymore. I've gone years without drinking, but also without being offered while in an anxiety inducing situation.

I will simply not put myself in new social situations. that'll work

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

skooma512 posted:

I signed up for BetterHelp, they want 320 bucks upfront. I haven't paid yet, I don't know if I can even trust them tbh.

they collect and sell your data to advertisers and such, and their ads are super manipulative. like they come on with stuff like 'anxiety is ruining all your relationships. sign up for betterhelp.' I don't want to dissuade you from getting and talking to a therapist but I think you should take a good long look at this one to be sure. I think it's great that you're taking steps to seek therapy though. And if someone posts behind me saying 'betterhelp is good actually' then ignore my dumb rear end but I definitely get a bad vibe off their commercials and so does my wife.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jorge Bell posted:

I'm sharing my coping strategies buddy, anything else you're reading into my post is your own creation.

The coping strat of discounting other people's troubles to make yourself feel better isn't unheard of, just unhelpful.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

802.11weed posted:

I don't drink (anymore) outside of 'social occasions', and even then I try to say no. I've told people No Booze Tonight! and they're just fine with it. But, it's usually still offered. I can keep off most times, but when I'm feeling anxious... It's hard. It instantly makes me feel better, and then my brain gets stupid and I overindulge. Overmedicating is exactly it. Funny juice made the bad feeling go away, so more funny juice means more good feeling!

It's just poor self control. I don't want to drink anymore. I've gone years without drinking, but also without being offered while in an anxiety inducing situation.

I will simply not put myself in new social situations. that'll work

This may seem very stupid, but there's a brand of canned sparkling water called Liquid Death. The cans are designed to look like energy drinks or hard seltzers or whatever bullshit is trendy, but it's legit actually just water with maybe some agave flavoring if you want.

If you wanted to go to a party at someone's place, you could ask if they could clear out some cooler or fridge space for 5-6 cans of "your stuff" (you don't even have to tell them it's water!) and just go to that all night.

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

The coping strat of discounting other people's troubles to make yourself feel better isn't unheard of, just unhelpful.

??? okay I'm the bad guy, don't jack off or play video games, don't do anything you enjoy, everything is terrible forever

e: Sorry, I'm being pithy because this exchange has been annoying and insulting. I want to make it explicitly clear, again, that my post you started taking issue with is not me minimizing or discounting anyone.

The best poster, Jorge Bell posted:

None of you guys are wrong about poo poo being hosed up but I try to keep an eye on the things I enjoy, like jacking off and playing video games.

Sometimes I crack jokes itt because I need to after reading some horrible poo poo. Sometimes I post little cheerleading comments because getting responded to can help and I genuinely hope the posters I reply to do better. Sometimes I post how I'm dealing with poo poo, which is by taking an inventory of the things I can easily enjoy, so that if people are really feeling down they can try it too. Idk it could help somebody, at some point. So gently caress you for being a dick just because I'm not using this thread as a chronicle of my own poo poo, this isn't group and I have boundaries.

Jorge Bell has issued a correction as of 06:26 on Aug 4, 2022

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

skooma512 posted:

I agree with FartDumbass actually, that sounds weird that they want (a not insignificant) amount of money upfront. As if they have a high turnover rate of people trying it out and then leaving quickly. Does your insurance even cover it?

I assume you're going with them because looking for individual therapists with Psychology Today didn't work out.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
betterhelp has not been helpful for myself or other people i know. they also pay really bad. less expensive altnerative to psychtoday is open path collective.org . high recommend

Witeldram posted:

References are easily my least favorite part of job applications. Such a waste of time and it always gives me unnecessary anxiety.

just list tlurpm

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jorge Bell posted:

??? okay I'm the bad guy, don't jack off or play video games, don't do anything you enjoy, everything is terrible forever

e: Sorry, I'm being pithy because this exchange has been annoying and insulting. I want to make it explicitly clear, again, that my post you started taking issue with is not me minimizing or discounting anyone.

Sometimes I crack jokes itt because I need to after reading some horrible poo poo. Sometimes I post little cheerleading comments because getting responded to can help and I genuinely hope the posters I reply to do better. Sometimes I post how I'm dealing with poo poo, which is by taking an inventory of the things I can easily enjoy, so that if people are really feeling down they can try it too. Idk it could help somebody, at some point. So gently caress you for being a dick just because I'm not using this thread as a chronicle of my own poo poo, this isn't group and I have boundaries.

you know what? that's fair. and that's completely on me for straight up misreading you.

my apology is worth exactly what you think it is, but i would at least like to offer it.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i do feel it is worth pointing out that anhedonia is a thing with a few disorders, i just need to do a lot better work on conveying it without being a giant confrontational rear end in a top hat.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 08:21 on Aug 4, 2022

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I appreciate that and accept your apology wholeheartedly, Gene Hackman Fan. Focusing on hedonistic pleasures won't fix anything and can't be done by everyone, but for some people it can take the edge off of a rough day/week/whatever.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005
I used betterhelp last year for a few months and it wasn't terrible. At the time there wasn't an up front cost. It was like $160 a month, which I thought was reasonable for weekly meetings with a therapist. Ended up stopping cause the therapist recommended moving to monthly and that's a bit too pricey.

Worth noting it wasn't covered by insurance.

I would not recommend if they want that much up front. Seems sketchy.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I just screamed at my mom over the phone because she was going on and on about how Ukraine should surrender and she laughed about Putin burning the gas instead of sending it to Europe. And somehow I ended up apologizing in the end. Ended up ranting about hey despise the weak, have no morals and kept calling me selfish as a kid because they wanted me to worship the ground they walk on. I look insane as always and all for having principles. And it has gotten me nothing since I am becoming more isolated from everyone. I don't know if the world is going insane or I am.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

I'm checking my spam folder in case one of the many psychiatrists or therapists I contacted through Psychology Today or Open Path Collective responds. Not going to hold my breath. I know I need to fire this rando liberal therapist that my lovely insurance assigned. She keeps oversimplifying situations, and acting as if there's one correct course of action. She just keeps talking when I try to explain the nuance of what's happening and how I already considered her suggestions. I sought therapy to reduce my black and white thinking, not increase it.

I'm pissed that my local NAMI board didn't even consider my proposal to increase the stipend for our intern. They ended up paying her the amount that they pay someone for teaching a 20 hour class. That's in exchange for 400 hours of her labor, including teaching that class. I spoke to a few board members directly, and they called the stipend "generous." They told me it was "unprecedented" to give anyone any money for "office work." This is skilled labor performed by someone with an understanding of mental health that goes far beyond any of the assholes who keep cutting themselves checks for teaching classes.

I wrote a detailed proposal where I mathematically showed how not-generous the stipend was. Specific board members cited our limited budget as a reason why they couldn't "afford" a better stipend. I asked them to forgo their yearly dinner outing and use the money for the stipend. I'd be surprised if anyone even looked at the proposal.

I donated a significant amount of money to add to the stipend. I don't regret that, but I was hoping a show of good faith would at least get them to consider my proposal. I do regret offering to do some more work that wasn't directly related to my support group. I'll be revoking that offer. They dismissed all of my concerns when I talked to board members one-on-one, and no one even responded to the proposal I emailed. I did my homework on the issue, and addressed all of their concerns. I went into this with incredibly low expectations, and they somehow managed to be more callous than I expected. They handled this in the worst way I can imagine.

It feels like I've been--at best--let down by the professionals and institutions designed to help me. I have my medication and peer support. I had to do my own research to figure out my diagnosis and appropriate medication. I brought detailed evidence to my nurse practitioner every time I thought we should change something. At least she listened to that.

Peer support is the only form of consistent help I've found. This means classes, support groups, the friends I made at NAMI, and shitposting in this thread. I've had to go above and beyond to make most of the NAMI stuff happen. I'm facilitating my own support group, and doing all of the behind-the-scenes stuff to keep it existing. I'll be taking over the current Peer to Peer class when our intern gets the gently caress out of this city and escapes her abusive homelife. I'm doing my best to keep things running smoothly in this thread without letting my brain problems get in the way. I don't regret any of that, and I actually enjoy most of it.

I finally feel like I'm on an upward trajectory in my life. It's in spite of the American healthcare system and the various institutions I've interacted with, not because of them. Everything feels so loving precarious. Most of my in-person friends have been homeless, are struggling to avoid homelessness, or are actually homeless. I'm trying to put together some habits that will maintain the possibility of escaping my parents' orbit once my hypomania inevitably turns to depression. At least I feel some sense of pride when I lay out the obstacles I've been fighting through.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Witeldram posted:

I uninstalled Twitter from my phone and it's done wonders for my mental health (now I just check it once a day on my computer). I believe most people just go to Twitter to vent their frustrations about the world after a long work/school day and that's why it's such a toxic place.

Also I kinda just stopped following heated topics so now all my Twitter algorithm gives me are The Boys memes, which I thoroughly enjoy.

Same except Facebook but I fell back to the habit and suffered the consequences. Facebook to me is just straight up self harm especially if I engage. I've learned to disengage kind of but I should just get the gently caress out again because it's not sustainable even if I know how to disengage when the actual answer is to not engage at all.

At least Twitter has funny accounts. I only browse Twitter through the URL bar straight into a few accounts. No feed and no account so I can't even reply back if I wanted to.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

On the one hand, I've given up on finding a good therapist. On the other hand, there's a neat Sparks documentary on Netflix. Mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8dqCQ2MHfQ

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
I'm pretty certain I have an anxiety related condition because of this horrible sense of impeding doom I carry with me and several panic attacks in the past. The previous therapist I've seen was incredibly dismissive of it though, and I think basically just saw it as drug seeking behavior because i smoked weed to deal with it back then, including to try and interrupt a severe panic attack.

Now I don't even smoke anymore but I still want to try and find some kind of medication/therapy to deal with this problem. I'm paranoid though, that all these all these records are shared and whoever I meet with is going to be reading the notes of my past therapist. Can anyone tell me if that is how it actually works?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I've had multiple psychs express disbelief when I told them what meds I found helpful in the past (nortriptyline has had the fewest side effects of any anti depressant I've used) so clearly they're not checking that carefully or they'd have known what I got in the past.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for fucks sake people i just left the hr dude a voice mail give him the loving opportunity to answer me back jesus loving christ

apparently when i've been told all these years to know what i am worth, they meant it in the sense of "you are worth whatever someone is willing to pay you" not in any sense of "don't sell yourself short"

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
I’ve made a huge mistake and I can’t fix it. It just keeps getting worse and harder to fix. I keep digging and making it a bigger and bigger problem. I feel awful but in some hosed up way, I’m enjoying seeing how bad it can get. If I ever got caught I would be completely hosed. I should be getting out but the consequences scare me

Oh well!

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
Started cooking more, made a nice pasta the other day. Reducing my hours at work and having time to actually do things at home has been a super stabilizing thing for me. I can sleep in and overindulge in video games but still take care of myself.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Jorge Bell posted:

Started cooking more, made a nice pasta the other day. Reducing my hours at work and having time to actually do things at home has been a super stabilizing thing for me. I can sleep in and overindulge in video games but still take care of myself.

:] that's awesome! It feels really good to remember all the stuff that bring you joy.

I've been having a really nice time recently being able to hang out with my partner where we'll play videogames while we watch something like hoarders, Community, etc. Right now it's split metal gear solid 2 for me and Animal Crossing for her- she got the new dlc that has you designing homes and is really having a blast. It makes me very happy to see her return to playing videogames, and she's genuinely really good at designing the buildings and interiors and stuff. Recently she made a little cake shop for a Rhino that was also made of cake, and it ended up being unbelievably cute.

Anyway, just commenting on how nice it is to spend time with the people you love. She also understands that I have a hard time focusing on shows while I do other stuff, and we take turns picking background noise shows for us to occasionally laugh or go "GASP, what a dirty home!" while we're hanging out. I almost tear up thinking about how much fun it is to take part in this new tradition together. We've both been really stressed for a while over the year with work, but she's finally working calmer hours and I'm finally getting done before 8pm, so we suddenly have a ton of time to waste, and we'd both rather do it together than apart.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Gonna try unstickying the thread. There are a bunch of stickied threads in CSPAM, and maybe this was just fading into the background?

veepfake
Oct 21, 2005

my 2 cents: i think it's good to have a thread like this on display for newcomers or regulars who want to try something new, if just to remember that a place to vent is there, or they are looking for helpful advice. if the unstickied thread isn't updated regularly people could be more likely to miss it entirely, and it is one thing i particularly liked as a newcomer to the forum

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Yeah, this is one of the best resources threads and should still be at the top.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

have been insanely lucky in that i have the ability to actually do the frequently suggested idea that one should 'talk to your doctor' that most americans are unable to do. and that i've been able to see her for years and that she is a remarkable practitioner, but i'm moving out of state and my insurance/job situation is murky and i'm worried i'm not acclimatized to how hosed the healthcare system is in this country. to be fair, i've been in severe debt, all that good stuff, but as far as accessing care i have had no issues, really.

i'm getting terribly nervous about running out of medications (30-something ADHD diagnosis here also), i don't really know what to look for or how. for my current doctor i literally picked the first person i saw on some site and they provided referrals to various psychiatrists, therapists etc. my job is remote work, but i am not certain my employer has the infrastructure to support an employee in a distant state. they are reviewing HR policies for me and others but are moving very slow. worst case is i pay out-of-network costs with current insurance plan and still have access until end of year. do i need to find a new psychiatrist to continue getting ADHD meds? (adderall XR/gabapentin)? would any normal doctor continue to prescribe my current slate of medications? are there weird scammy apps that basically run pill mills that i could use in a pinch?

any advice/knowledge about taxes/insurance for remote workers appreciated too. the only clear plan that i have some agency over at this point is converting to a 1099 and asking them to add the insurance premium to my checks

at the very least i think i've developed tolerance to the adderall so i don't think it's doing much for me anyway :shrug:

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Ok thanks for the feedback! I'll resticky it. The mods are working on a resources thread that would link to other useful threads such as this one. I really do want the thread to catch people's attention, and I can only think of so many clickbait-y thread titles!

In other news, I went along with some dumb medication management advice from my psychiatric NP and am now experiencing issues. I messaged her and haven't heard back. Christ.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

global tetrahedron posted:

hworst case is i pay out-of-network costs with current insurance plan and still have access until end of year. do i need to find a new psychiatrist to continue getting ADHD meds? (adderall XR/gabapentin)? would any normal doctor continue to prescribe my current slate of medications? are there weird scammy apps that basically run pill mills that i could use in a pinch?

any advice/knowledge about taxes/insurance for remote workers appreciated too. the only clear plan that i have some agency over at this point is converting to a 1099 and asking them to add the insurance premium to my checks

I'm assuming you're in the US. This may vary by state/location/practice and your particular diagnoses but it's common for family/general practitioners (or PAs/NPs under them) to handle medication maintenance for ADHD. You will want to look specifically for practices that handle ADHD and are accepting new patients, which you can figure out through their listings or calling. There might better resources in https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=183 or elsewhere but I haven't checked around there in ages. If you need to pay for medication without insurance, use Costco if that's available. In most states you can use the pharmacy without being a member but in some I think you'll have to sign up.

Have you tried talking to your current doctor's office to see if you can pay a cash price and if that would be less than your out-of-network copay? If not, I would try that. Just let their office know what is up and what your options are. They also will likely be able to refer you to an in-network doctor or otherwise help you navigate things a bit.

Under no circumstances would I ever recommend converting to a 1099 for anything other than like double the pay and only if you know exactly what you're getting into. If you just converted to a 1099 without changing pay/job (which wouldn't be legal but any company would love to do to you) you'll be on the hook for significantly more tax. Other bullshit. Don't do it!

I also wouldn't deal with the shady online ADHDs providers that have popped up after COVID ended up relaxing some of the prescription requirements. gently caress those places.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

veepfake posted:

my 2 cents: i think it's good to have a thread like this on display for newcomers or regulars who want to try something new, if just to remember that a place to vent is there, or they are looking for helpful advice. if the unstickied thread isn't updated regularly people could be more likely to miss it entirely, and it is one thing i particularly liked as a newcomer to the forum

Also, living in the Omnicrisis really sucks and people here are more likely to be up on the news and not be delusional about what it means, so a mental health resource thread close at hand is quite useful imo

AzzaccaRye
Dec 9, 2020

skooma512 posted:

Also, living in the Omnicrisis really sucks and people here are more likely to be up on the news and not be delusional about what it means, so a mental health resource thread close at hand is quite useful imo

Chiming in to say, it has helped me immensely. Just one of the many resources I've been using.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

'

appreciate this, thanks. to what extent will a mid-sized employer (100 or so employees) experience difficulties letting an employee live in a distant (not directly bordering) state? what are the hurdles? they act institutionally like molasses. i guess i'll just need to find a new job

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

quote:

I shrugged. No point making a big thing out of it. "Well, according to game theory, you should never tell anyone when your birthday is."

"I don't follow."

"It's a lose-lose proposition. There's no winning strategy."

"What do you mean, strategy? It's a birthday."

Chelsea had said exactly the same thing when I'd tried to explain it to her. Look, I'd said, say you tell everyone when it is and nothing happens. It's kind of a slap in the face.

Or suppose they throw you a party,
Chelsea had replied.

Then you don't know whether they're doing it sincerely, or if your earlier interaction just guilted them into observing an occasion they'd rather have ignored. But if you don't tell anyone, and nobody commemorates the event, there's no reason to feel badly because after all, nobody knew. And if someone does buy you a drink then you know it's sincere because nobody would go to all the trouble of finding out when your birthday is— and then celebrating it—if they didn't honestly like you.

Of course, the Gang was more up to speed on such things. I didn't have to explain it verbally: I could just grab a piece of ConSensus and plot out the payoff matrix, Tell/Don't Tell along the columns, Celebrated/Not Celebrated along the rows, the unassailable black-and-white logic of cost and benefit in the squares themselves. The math was irrefutable: the one winning strategy was concealment. Only fools revealed their birthdays.

Uganda Loves Me
May 24, 2002

Happy birthday! I think?

EDIT:

GameMasterAnthony posted:

It’s my birthday today, and I’m 33!
That means only one thing…BRING IT IN, GUYS!!!
*every poster with every neurodevelopmental disorder, schizophrenia spectrum disorder, bipolar or related disorder, depressive disorder, anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive or related disorder, trauma- or stressor-related disorder,

Uganda Loves Me has issued a correction as of 00:59 on Aug 17, 2022

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

lmao. And yeah thanks, I'm 29 today. I've been trying to sort of break into a social group, they had a happy hour scheduled for today and I'd been kinda casually mentioning to people that it was my birthday. None of those people showed up afaict and none of the ones that did knew. So now I'm at home trying to see if the one person in town I'm more or less friends with is free tonight

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

thought I'd recovered this morning but went to do a swimming workout this morning and just completely lost motivation halfway through

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Awh, poo poo man. I'm sorry. Are you in a new town, or just trying to find new company? That can be discouraging as gently caress when you're still trying to feel out the ground around you in a new social circle. Don't fall for those constant and honestly completely normal insecurity pitfalls during the uncertainty period; it can be hard to remember the truth that people are all jovial fools and knaves just like you when you're re-establishing, and you have that need to express interpersonal personal importance because of your new angle of attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
I need to get out and socialize but no idea where to start. Being a big gruesome white dude in a border town looking for new social groups to join radiates powerful cop energy