Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tree Dude posted:

I was under the impression that the "...senator" line happened while the cameras were off shortly after 5pm

I'm pretty sure it's the specific recess where they are all talk about what just happened and Bankston is showing his co-counsel his phone and they are having a good laugh. There's enough snippets audible for it to be clear they are talking about the phone. There just isn't audio picked up on the court stream with any specifics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex is like BFFs with Stewart Rhodes (though he's probably pretending like they never met these days) so I fully expect there is plenty of Jan6 poo poo on his phone.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1554975019037593601?s=20&t=hlIh15y3KvPyHBJx5AtnFQ

Someone be shooked.

loving lol he claims the judge and all the lawyers are in over the deep end.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I'm interested in the "what happens when that phone goes to law enforcement? :smug:" line from the lawyer.

Like.. wtf was on that phone. Did they submit it to law enforcement already? Are they going to? Is it evidence that will lead to the arrest of Killary Klinton? :tinfoil:

that's a hell of a throwaway line

Well, so far the Jan 6th committee has requested a copy of the image as has his ex-wife so that phone should be delivering lols for a while

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

buglord posted:

So I generally avoid UsPol in all areas of my life for mental health reasons but it seems like this dude got what was coming to him at least?

My understanding is that Alex Jones won’t be in trouble with the law in the criminal sense, but he’s potentially out a lot of money, and maybe access to his kids?

What’s on the line here?

in terms of this trial, yes

however, his lawyers accidentally sent a backup of his phone to the plaintiff lawyers, who now have all of his texts and emails over the last couple of years and the legal right to use them however they like. they have stated that they will be going through all of those emails and texts looking for things to send to journalists and criminal investigators

a list of parties ranging from the Jan 6th committee to his ex-wife have already contacted the plaintiff lawyers asking for a copy. that's gonna have consequences way beyond anything this jury could impose

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

https://youtu.be/4lv7LevdPLw

Sorry if it's been posted already I have video embeds turned off

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1554975019037593601?s=20&t=hlIh15y3KvPyHBJx5AtnFQ

Someone be shooked.

This audio was played on infowars today and was recorded before he arrived in court today. Wonder what he has to say now.

If anyone wants to listen to it in its entirely, starts around 6 min and 40 sec into the Alex Jones show this Wednesday.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

BigglesSWE posted:

Someone be shooked.

In 2020 until around May of this year I've had really bad mental health. I was in a dark place and by my own estimations very mentally ill.

But then I watch Alex Jones explicitly untreated narcissistic personality disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, and likely drug and alcohol addictions and it's like "You know, in hindsight it wasn't -that- bad..."

Ok sure, the trial might be over and all but raging out every night and making up explicit lies and speculations about the judge and lawyers is some mentally handicapped poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Nelson Mandingo posted:

In 2020 until around May of this year I've had really bad mental health. I was in a dark place and by my own estimations very mentally ill.

But then I watch Alex Jones explicitly untreated narcissistic personality disorder, oppositional defiant disorder, and likely drug and alcohol addictions and it's like "You know, in hindsight it wasn't -that- bad..."

Ok sure, the trial might be over and all but raging out every night and making up explicit lies and speculations about the judge and lawyers is some mentally handicapped poo poo.

If it helps it's...not actually over. There's the additional phase of this trial, the virtually guaranteed sanctions hearings for Jones and his lawyer, and then there's the Connecticut case coming up.

Plus whatever fallout comes from the phone stuff

I honestly would not be surprised if Alex spins out even more over the next few months

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Dude, no :chloe:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

?? That isn't a slur or slander against folk who are handicapped. Jones clearly has untreated issues. He literally can't even answer basic yes or no questions without filibustering and going on completely unrelated tangents.

https://twitter.com/BeauTFC/status/1554881413526208512?t=f8AFjr0k5NorREGla8DGTQ&s=19

another example of seemingly not understanding consequences?

Edit: Gonna address this further in followup.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 4, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
It feels gross comparing a straight up terrible person with people who are mentally handicapped. I'm not saying that someone can't be both but yikes.

Edit: Tired words, didn't mean for it to sound as harsh as it did.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 4, 2022

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

?? That isn't a slur or slander against folk who are handicapped. Jones clearly has untreated issues. He literally can't even answer basic yes or no questions without filibustering and going on completely unrelated tangents.

https://twitter.com/BeauTFC/status/1554881413526208512?t=f8AFjr0k5NorREGla8DGTQ&s=19

another example of seemingly not understanding consequences?

LMAO he cannot stop himself can he

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

That being said think through it more, I was wrong. I should have wrote that differently. My intention was to call out his untreated mental illness but I unintentionally but definitely wrote it in a way that attacked mentally challenged. And I apologize.

I request a sixer. I deserve it.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 4, 2022

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

God I can’t wait till they find his forget your kids chili recipe.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm on beer number 5 or 6 and am 2 hours deep into part 2 of the trial. Where the prosecution takes over.

I can't believe this. He's lying constantly and getting caught. Like..... every loving question.

How is this dude not being held in contempt?!!!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm on beer number 5 or 6 and am 2 hours deep into part 2 of the trial. Where the prosecution takes over.

I can't believe this. He's lying constantly and getting caught. Like..... every loving question.

How is this dude not being held in contempt?!!!

Haha just wait for it.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Yeah, on that note, and hopefully I won't use offensive language here, but what is wrong with Alex Jones?

Is he just a pathological liar with narcissistic personality disorder, like Trump? I have a much harder time reading AJ. He's clearly got a few more screws loose. Does he believe what he's selling? Does he even know? He just seems so lost, just always talking to keep himself from thinking. I don't sympathize.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That being said think through it more, I was wrong. I should have wrote that differently. My intention was to call out his untreated mental illness but I unintentionally but definitely wrote it in a way that attacked mentally challenged. And I apologize.

I request a sixer. I deserve it.

That's ok! Something I feel a little sensitive about and I might of been overreacting/reading too much into what was said. Anyway Alex sure is a dick isn't he!

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 4, 2022

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Jelly posted:

Yeah, on that note, and hopefully I won't use offensive language here, but what is wrong with Alex Jones?

Is he just a pathological liar with narcissistic personality disorder, like Trump? I have a much harder time reading AJ. He's clearly got a few more screws loose. Does he believe what he's selling? Does he even know? He just seems so lost, just always talking to keep himself from thinking. I don't sympathize.

High on his own farts and probably amphetamines. He's also rich, lies for a living and probably doesn't draw a line between objective reality and the bullshit he spouts on Infowars anymore. Case in point - him trying to sell supplements while on the stand. Trump showed these people that reality can be whatever you say it is. Jones is finding out he doesn't have the cult support that Trump does (or the low cunning).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The thing to understand about Alex Jones is that he legitimately believes what he is saying. Like he's always been this way.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hollismason posted:

The thing to understand about Alex Jones is that he legitimately believes what he is saying. Like he's always been this way.

Does he though? I've never been 100% sure about that. I guess we'll find out when the contents of that phone are made public.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
We've accidentally (?) created a society where narcissism and sociopathy are super powers.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’ve always had the impression he has a few stuff he’s rock solid on (vaccines, Jews, non-whites in general) but can swing all over the loving place with most stuff as needed.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

(i didn't submit this. don't harrass people or lawyers online)

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Here's a legal question, is this evidence even admissible in the CT case? Presumably CT has its own rules for attorney/client privilege, and would those rules recognize this situation as a waiving of said privilege?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
HOLY CRAP! Alex Jones is 48!

He's 6 years older than me and looks 26 years older than me.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Frank Frank posted:

Does he though? I've never been 100% sure about that. I guess we'll find out when the contents of that phone are made public.
For Alex, and for a lot of people with untreated mental illnesses, the line between "I believe this" and "I want this to be true very badly because if it were true it would justify my current emotional state" is razor thin.

His gut reaction drives the bus.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Guys, my heart is so full of hope and joy right now. Love y'all.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So does the stream go live at any particular time tomorrow or is it pretty much just in limbo until the jury is done?

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Jelly posted:

Is he just a pathological liar with narcissistic personality disorder, like Trump?

Put simply? I think more than any particular mental illness, nurture has been a much bigger factor. He's a barely-literate, incurious dipshit who has spent the past 20+ years drowning in every single one of his worst instincts as a small-but-enthusiastic audience has been cheering him on for being a very smart boy as he reads headlines because he is too intellectually lazy to engage with actual substance and views the world through a fictional lens (just try to keep track of how often he compares his conspiracy theories to movies that he likes) where he is the protagonist chosen by God himself. Anyone who gets in the way of that power fantasy is evil, and the instant that one of those evil people contradicts his expectations, he effortlessly flips to appropriating them as part of his heroic story. You see it with how he treated Ms. Lewis during the trial. On his show, he didn't care about her; she was this nameless, faceless antagonist that was obviously trying to bring him down. But once he saw how sympathetic she was... he didn't actually care about her, but he did want to steal it for himself.

Or, to go with a much less emotionally-charged example, you can look at his relationship with Joe Rogan where he went from calling him a globalist shill after he confronted Alex about Sandy Hook despite being friends for years to hailing him as one of the greatest thinkers on the planet as soon as their goals aligned around cancel culture and deplatforming.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

sweet geek swag posted:

Here's a legal question, is this evidence even admissible in the CT case? Presumably CT has its own rules for attorney/client privilege, and would those rules recognize this situation as a waiving of said privilege?

Yeah, I would assume so. Since the defendant's lawyer sent it to the plaintiff's lawyer and the window for them to claim that it was privileged expired, they can do whatever the gently caress they want with it now (IANAL)

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Tree Dude posted:

So does the stream go live at any particular time tomorrow or is it pretty much just in limbo until the jury is done?

9AM Central. At least that's where it was.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Froghammer posted:

For Alex, and for a lot of people with untreated mental illnesses, the line between "I believe this" and "I want this to be true very badly because if it were true it would justify my current emotional state" is razor thin.

His gut reaction drives the bus.

It also helps if your "I want to believe this" is backed up by 300m in profit per-year and people more or less hanging on your every word/worshiping you.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
He not only believes that stuff but he probably believes far worse and we're going to see that in his text messages and emails that he turned over to the defense.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Frank Frank posted:

It also helps if your "I want to believe this" is backed up by 300m in profit per-year and people more or less hanging on your every word/worshiping you.
It benefits him to be how he is. It appears what hurts him, is being unable to turn it off once he's not on air.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah, I would assume so. Since the defendant's lawyer sent it to the plaintiff's lawyer and the window for them to claim that it was privileged expired, they can do whatever the gently caress they want with it now (IANAL)

There are a bunch of lawyers on twitter who are always talking about current cases/legal news, and it sounds like this is actually the case.

The plaintiff attorneys have said they aren't going to just stick it out on the internet for everyone to see, but I think the deal is that anyone who can demonstrate a need for it (like his ex-wife, plaintiffs in other suits, and the 1/6 committee) can definitely get their hands on it.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Catastrophe posted:

HOLY CRAP! Alex Jones is 48!
How is that I’ve been aware of him my entire adult life yet he’s younger than me? This is some time cube poo poo.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Is there even a stream tomorrow? It's just lawyers sitting around the room waiting for the jury to ask questions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the dead horse debate of puppetmaster conman VS true believer flavoraid drinker doesnt matter because both make the world a worse place.