Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Just block Ash Crimson and move on. They always do this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fash Cuckson

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

got'em

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I guess i just don't appreciate unsubstantiated poo poo being talked about me, hth

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
CKat Tax For New Page (ignore shitfight above)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Ash Crimson posted:

I guess i just don't appreciate unsubstantiated poo poo being talked about me, hth

I heard Ash Crimson once killed a seagull with a shovel

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Microplastics posted:

I heard you once voted tory

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
You take that back!!!

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Microplastics posted:

You take that back!!!

once you go blue, you can never erase that hue

Oct 4, 2005

I miss hedgehogs. Used to get them in our garden every so often.

Haven't even seen one in decades. I assume destruction of habitat + cars took their toll.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

AceClown posted:

OP is getting mixed up, it's Derwent Village in the peak district that was flooded to make way for Ladybower Reservoir.

Yes, I was getting myself confused. :tipshat:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Microplastics posted:

shouldn't of pinched me sglodion, simple as

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Future PM doesn't understand passport control.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1554918184578420742?t=K91aKhTqHEx6i2_uTvnFZA

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

1965917 posted:

Haven't even seen one in decades. I assume destruction of habitat + cars took their toll.

I took my daughter to a wildlife centre the other day and saw some hedgehogs. The staff were saying they expect them to go extinct in the UK in 10 years or so, based on past trends. There used to be millions or them but as you say, due to cars and litter and habitat destruction their numbers are dwindling.

It’s really weird (and sad) that the stories I read my 2 year old are about native British animals that she’ll likely never actually see in the wild.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

It's weird. I have seen more (alive) hedgehogs in the last five years than I had in the previous 30.
They seem to be going up to more houses (even ones in housing estates) looking for food.

They even launched a website here to help track their movements and report sightings.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

It's weird. I have seen more (alive) hedgehogs in the last five years than I had in the previous 30.
They seem to be going up to more houses (even ones in housing estates) looking for food.

They even launched a website here to help track their movements and report sightings.

Yeah I'd not seen a wild one since I was a child (similar timeframe) then last 6 months I see them (or it, might be the same one) regularly at night to the extent I leave a dish of water out in front of the door. Suprised the hell out of me first time, having a cig at 12am and one just ambles past then turns into the front patio bit all 'allo guv'nah got any food?', I thought it was a rat at first.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I haven't seen many hedgehogs but I've seen a lot of cops about both are pigs in name i guess

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

crispix posted:

i never see ladybirds about these days

About 6 weeks ago my house got swarmed by then. Haven't seen many since though.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Lady Gaza posted:

I took my daughter to a wildlife centre the other day and saw some hedgehogs. The staff were saying they expect them to go extinct in the UK in 10 years or so, based on past trends. There used to be millions or them but as you say, due to cars and litter and habitat destruction their numbers are dwindling.

It’s really weird (and sad) that the stories I read my 2 year old are about native British animals that she’ll likely never actually see in the wild.

When I was wee one of the best things about going to my grandmothers place in the country was the wall of butterfly eggs that would appear every summer, and getting woke up to come see some hatching.
Now you see one a year if lucky, insects and spider populations are so low its killing a lot of other wildlife.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

a pipe smoking dog posted:

About 6 weeks ago my house got swarmed by then. Haven't seen many since though.

That was your one warning, don't mess with them

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I think I already posted about it, but we have at least six hedgehogs living in or around our garden (two adults and four babies, that we've counted) after they took residence under next doors shed. We're just hoping that the surrounding gardens provide a large enough habitat for them all to live in without having to venture close to any roads.

They're such adorable creatures, very tame and inquisitive.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

The Perfect Element posted:

I think I already posted about it, but we have at least six hedgehogs living in or around our garden (two adults and four babies, that we've counted) after they took residence under next doors shed. We're just hoping that the surrounding gardens provide a large enough habitat for them all to live in without having to venture close to any roads.

They're such adorable creatures, very tame and inquisitive.

They eat they own poo poo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Ash Crimson posted:

They eat they own poo poo

so do u

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Not seen any around our way but I'm guessing our turf is claimed by foxes (for the love of God put your rubbish bags out in the morning so I don't have to wade through nappies and worse strewn all over)

Back in NZ hedgehogs were all over. Couldn't cross the road without passing a couple of recently flattened 'hogs and for that matter, your elusive white dog poo. Wonder if that' s still the case.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
bright white canid shits happen in the wild too when they eat enough bones

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Can confirm

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

sinky posted:

Can confirm

TrashFuture slowly willing things into being https://twitter.com/dtathletic/status/1554947486346891265

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Best Jizz in the world!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

happyhippy posted:

Best Jizz in the world!

Must be, if he scored four times in 34 minutes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Importing Jizz from Dutch royals again I see.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

That Jizz is in high demand! People are literally willing to pay millions for that Jizz!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Surprised it's not Rangers that want Willem II's Jizz tbh

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

1965917 posted:

We’ve recently had one or two turn up in our garden- my wife (being a secret Disney Princess) makes sure to give them basically their own body weight in cat food whenever they appear.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Importing Jizz from Dutch royals again I see.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/s_palm/status/1555113804475772929?s=21&t=voEJJnjGAzX73AqPIWH0Cg

Lol

My guess is that they’ve tried to put a filter to stop articles with ‘trans’ in the headline being published to Twitter to avoid the toxic swamp of comments, but bucked it up and ended up just censoring the word

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think it's Guardian Australia trying to block the Guardian UK weirds from appearing unedited on their feed, but messed it up a bit.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

tbh the guardian's move towards transphobia happened after Rubbisher retired and got replaced as editor by an Australian woman who is extremely lib brained to the point where after the Brexit vote made Brexit the main topic for every day even over government corruption

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

I think it's Guardian Australia trying to block the Guardian UK weirds from appearing unedited on their feed, but messed it up a bit.

I guess the UK hysteria doesn't work in Australia , it doesn't quite -late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/1555146653149134849?s=20&t=Qc-TKohrKGoWEZ7dgf3jXQ

Everything is fine