Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

sure he perjured himself multiple times but did you see those zingers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

one of the best brands of goon posts is extremely confident authoritative posting about something they know zero about it owns

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Harald posted:

sure he perjured himself multiple times but did you see those zingers?

The lawyer was essentially saying there is no evidence of pedophilia and child rape among politicians and rich assholes in a post Epstein world its nuts

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Saltpowered posted:

Gotta love the 1-2 punch by the insurance lobby of large scale jury prejudicing over decades and damage caps.

Awesome that Reynal got to repeatedly contort the truth in his closing about how the plaintiff case was all about punishment which is next phase without the punchline that the next phase is pretty worthless.

We’ve repeatedly posted the relevant law in this thread. Punitive damage caps are a thing in 20+ states. It’s absolutely awful and complete bullshit but here we are.

"It’s absolutely awful and complete bullshit but here we are." Just copy/paste that into every discussion about our modern world at this point, imo.

D O O M P O S T

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009

MLSM posted:

The lawyer was essentially saying there is no evidence of pedophilia and child rape among politicians and rich assholes in a post Epstein world its nuts

No he wasn't, that's just out of context bullshit posted by a far right provocateur and additionally has nothing to do with the case.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

MLSM posted:

Alex Jones was saying that the judge of the trial he was involved in was part of a government sex trafficking ring. The plaintiff lawyer just pointed out that Alex Jones said that on air, shortly after leaving the court room the day before.
You obviously didn't watch it. Where are you getting your information?

Did you know they found child sexual abuse images on Alex Jones phone?

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Beef Stew posted:

No he wasn't, that's just out of context bullshit posted by a far right provocateur and additionally has nothing to do with the case.

To be clear i hope jones gets hosed with this and i dont care about jack posobeic, but that lawyer running that line of questioning like there’s no evidence of pedophilia among politicians after Epstein’s murder not to mention his close affiliation with the Clinton’s and trump’s is loving insane. Again how did he not see that coming

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

The Fattest PI posted:

Did you know they found child sexual abuse images on Alex Jones phone?

This doesn’t surprise me at all

Beef Stew
Dec 27, 2009
It's also funny because in one of the depositions Bankston, the lawyer in the video above, actually says to Jones that he agrees with him on the Epstein non-suicide and that most mainstream media is utter garbage. It's just that absolutely none of that excuses anything Jones does and also Jones does not actually care about any of that stuff outside of using it to make money.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Just think, all this could have been avoided if he'd promoted the much superior conspiracy theory that the government murdered those kids, rather than the lame one that hundreds of people had been paid off to lie about murdered kids.

Has the american government done assassinations in the past? Yeah, loads of people believe that. Has the american government done research into drugs, brain washing, and mind control? Probably, yeah. Pretty easy to spin up a conspiracy that the government brainwashed a troubled young man to do the deed, and made sure he died so he could never talk about what happened. "The FBI tricked a young man into doing a terrorism" is pretty believable.

Having your loony followers harassing grieving parents looks real bad. But your loony followers harassing the FBI? That's gonna get a shrug.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

e: nah

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

i dont think the lawyer cared that jones was going to say that

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

in fact Im certain he didnt care

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MLSM posted:

To be clear i hope jones gets hosed with this and i dont care about jack posobeic, but that lawyer running that line of questioning like there’s no evidence of pedophilia among politicians after Epstein’s murder not to mention his close affiliation with the Clinton’s and trump’s is loving insane. Again how did he not see that coming

If the clip is from the portion of the trial that I think it's from, then that line of questioning was specifically about whether Alex believed that the presiding judge and DCS were involved in pedophilia / human trafficking.

And the whattaboutist rhetorical technique that Alex uses is his default response to anything, like "yeah so I lied about Sandy Hook but what about the time when the New York Times lied about WMD's"

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Harald posted:

If the clip is from the portion of the trial that I think it's from, then that line of questioning was specifically about whether Alex believed that the presiding judge and DCS were involved in pedophilia / human trafficking.

The lawyer said government officials not the presiding judge

But whatever it’s idiots tearing other idiots apart so :munch:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

MLSM posted:

The entire line of questioning was specifically about the presiding judge and CPS in Austin. Context matters.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
As mentioned earlier, six hours doom and gloom time. The six hours are up, time to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Unless you are me who is dealing with a stubbed toe nearly twelve hours later and it won’t stop hurting

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

teen witch posted:

Unless you are me

we are all one consciousness

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

teen witch posted:

As mentioned earlier, six hours doom and gloom time. The six hours are up, time to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. Unless you are me who is dealing with a stubbed toe nearly twelve hours later and it won’t stop hurting

That's why punitive damages should be capped

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

teen witch posted:

Could've been worse, you could've been stung by a yellowjacket

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Harald posted:

Could've been worse, you could've been stung by a yellowjacket

I’ve never once been stung by one, or a bee in general. Never broke a bone either. I was a big “chapter books and video games” indoor kid

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Just think, all this could have been avoided if he'd promoted the much superior conspiracy theory that the government murdered those kids, rather than the lame one that hundreds of people had been paid off to lie about murdered kids.

Has the american government done assassinations in the past? Yeah, loads of people believe that. Has the american government done research into drugs, brain washing, and mind control? Probably, yeah. Pretty easy to spin up a conspiracy that the government brainwashed a troubled young man to do the deed, and made sure he died so he could never talk about what happened. "The FBI tricked a young man into doing a terrorism" is pretty believable.

Having your loony followers harassing grieving parents looks real bad. But your loony followers harassing the FBI? That's gonna get a shrug.

If that was the message those dudes wouldn't be glued to their speakers and organizing harassment campaigns against the FBI, they'd be yawning and changing the channel, it'd be worse for Infowars than the most punitive possible damages any court could hand down. There's no novelty there; half of Jones's target audience watches drone and body cam footage of feds killing kids for fun and the children of some Connecticut libs aren't meaningfully realer to them than the children of some Afghan randos.

The last few years have seen a number of Sandy Hook freaks outed and profiled and their motivations are pretty straightforward. These are not people who are invested in risking their own lives or comfort to fight the power, they're just bored sadists. The government is big and scary, and they know perfectly well if they gently caress with it it'll gently caress them back. But the parents of some murdered kids whose story reflected poorly on their gun collection have no power, any rear end in a top hat can just pass the time making those folks' lives hell as an evil little hobby. Dress that up as a cause, build a little community out of it where people can swap grieving moms' personal info and discuss how they'd like to torture them, now you've got a captive audience hot to buy your brain pills

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Aug 5, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tree Dude posted:

my brother in christ Alex Jones is going to take the witness stand again that alone could take 2 days.

Nah he’s not. Plaintiffs said they don’t need him and are just calling their forensic accounting expert. Defense is not calling witnesses.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Death to America. Nothing good can come from the poisoned soil of your failed nation

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Xiahou Dun posted:

Don't be a cuck.

Your neighbors are right there.

“I’ll barbecue yo rear end!” -Alex Emmerich Jones

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

MLSM posted:

But whatever it’s idiots tearing other idiots apart so :munch:

At this point the distinction between drooling moron and shitposter is immaterial, your posts are poo poo.

Shut the gently caress up idiot.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nah he’s not. Plaintiffs said they don’t need him and are just calling their forensic accounting expert. Defense is not calling witnesses.

Oh. I must have missed that update. Last I heard they were planning on calling him but that was pre-fireworks. Let's get this poo poo show over with tomorrow.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

At this point the distinction between drooling moron and shitposter is immaterial, your posts are poo poo.

Shut the gently caress up idiot.

Don’t worry we’ll be fistbumping each other when Alex jones gets hosed in the rear end tomorrow

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

carrionman posted:

Death to America. Nothing good can come from the poisoned soil of your failed nation

:chloe:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

carrionman posted:

Tested this theory and the weed is pretty solid

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

America produced the Big Mouth Billy Bass. If that doesn't make you smile you have no soul.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

I'm not gonna check but I'm like 90% sure that one was China

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Lmao getting all defensive about America, yikes

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm not gonna check but I'm like 90% sure that one was China
It was invented in Texas of all places. You can learn more on the singing fish wiki https://theallaboutsingingfish.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Mouth_Billy_Bass_-_The_ORIGINAL_singing_fish

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

carrionman posted:

Inshallah

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Scarodactyl posted:

It was invented in Texas of all places. You can learn more on the singing fish wiki https://theallaboutsingingfish.fandom.com/wiki/Big_Mouth_Billy_Bass_-_The_ORIGINAL_singing_fish

Oh poo poo I did not know about the keychain version with David Byrne's voice, tyvm

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I mean yeah, America does seem to suck pretty bad from the outside but there are probably some good things about it surely? I mean I couldn't name a single thing but I'm sure there must be something....

Edited: to clarify im not American

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Aug 5, 2022

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

teen witch posted:

I’ve never once been stung by one, or a bee in general. Never broke a bone either. I was a big “chapter books and video games” indoor kid

bees are one thing, yellowjackets are a type of wasp and right fuckers. some things that make them terrifying:

- bees sting once and then die, yellowjackets do not - they can, and do, sting forever
- wasps have facial memory and if you piss them off, will remember you and will FOLLOW YOU and you specifically
- when they die they let off a chemical that attracts and then enrages any other yellowjackets nearby into an attack frenzy. there is currently no known way to wash or deal with this chemical receptor - and it can take like 2-4 days to dissipate. I read one story about a yellowjacket randomly dying just outside someone's front door and they basically couldn't enter their house from the front for two days, that doorway was a buzzing no-go yellowjacket warzone

stay away from yellowjackets, friends

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 5, 2022

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Confusedslight posted:

I mean yeah, America does suck pretty bad but there are probably some good things about it surely? I mean I couldn't name a single thing but I'm sure there must be something....

Nah its rotten to the core. Like bruh we never even achieved a modern public healthcare system here; you’d think covid would finally have made Americans think it would be a good idea but lol nope that would be Stalinism boys! Don’t tread on me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
This is solely from an outside perspective and ive never been.