Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Bankston said he would give it to journalists pretty early on. You know KF getting a link.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Catastrophe posted:

Such righteous, loving, Christian people! Not evil, petty fuckery at all!

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/texas-governor-sends-migrants-new-york-city-immigration-standoff-accelerates-2022-08-05/

Texas governor sends migrants to New York City as immigration standoff accelerates

They're loving PEOPLE. They're PEOPLE. Jesus christ...

Make then all citizens. I mean, just loving do it. Make them all citizens. Then they can go where ever the gently caress they want.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Beef Stew posted:

Here is the rest of the context for that clip it's really weird how they cut to Bankston walking away like he was stunned into silence instead of showing his actual response wonder why they would do that.

And if anyone wants to see the video

https://youtu.be/42BxbOFc8hk

Skip to 2:50

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Saltpowered posted:

I would generally agree that there isn’t a chance of striking it down. The Texas law was upheld in 2012. There are very few states that have had non-economic damage caps struck down. Even very left leaning states have caps that have been upheld.

Unrelated, I’ve spent more time going through the bankruptcy filing and I think the shell game may be less just Alex trying to hide money and more Alex and his family being really incompetent at companies and financials. They might also legitimately be in a lot of debt. It’s hard to tell because we don’t have PQPR’s financials as well.

Have you read the TUFTA complaint? https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/alex-jones-tufta.pdf

That will shed a lot of light into what he's done over the past few years.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

KitConstantine posted:

Edit: Wait you're an alt of MLSM, which is the account posted the original lovely video I'm referencing. And defended it!

lmao what a dork

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Philthy posted:

Make then all citizens. I mean, just loving do it. Make them all citizens. Then they can go where ever the gently caress they want.

Make them citizens and give them a ticket back to Texas IMO

Or does that fall into cruel and unusual punishment?

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

ElegantFugue posted:

Did this fucker drop an objection during jury instructions

Do any of the videos posted since the livestream include this moment, btw?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Outrail posted:

Make them citizens and give them a ticket back to Texas imo

Eh, if they want to. But the best thing these "Democrat" cities can do is welcome them, and show them as much love and compassion as possible. Make them citizens, get them into programs to fill the massive worker shortage with decent paying jobs, make them aware that they are equals to all races, inform them of the racism that exists and simply help them out as much as possible. Likely they have relatives all along the south and they can find their way down if they want to or just stay where ever.

Edit: I've already emailed all my state reps asking them to do this and get the word out to other states to do the same. I'm thankfully in a solid blue area of WI, so the more the better.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 5, 2022

Troubadour
Mar 1, 2001
Forum Veteran
This is the verdict I want.

I'll take this down if it's too tasteless.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

picking up my chili of forgettin' groceries today!

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

reynal's motions must have been amazing if the judge isn't back by now to listen to them and is instead waiting for jury deliberation to finish before listening to him

on the damages front would attorney's fees be added on top? pretty normal for a judge to cut those to shreds to try and appear impartial on appeal

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
They haven't cut the feed for this so I don't think notifications would help to know when they're coming back. Was there a discussed break length before sanction talk?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

They haven't cut the feed for this so I don't think notifications would help to know when they're coming back. Was there a discussed break length before sanction talk?
just lunch, which usually ends at 2pm which was 40m ago. have to wager the judge is figuring out whether the jury wants lunch on monday and whether to open the bottle now or try and deal with reynal first then break

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

reynal's motions must have been amazing if the judge isn't back by now to listen to them and is instead waiting for jury deliberation to finish before listening to him

on the damages front would attorney's fees be added on top? pretty normal for a judge to cut those to shreds to try and appear impartial on appeal

They pleaded for attorney's fees in the complaint, but I'm not sure they're available in TX for this cause of action.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

Mr. Nice! posted:

They pleaded for attorney's fees in the complaint, but I'm not sure they're available in TX for this cause of action.

If they're not even getting attorney fees out of this, I'd be very surprised if they kept any of that $2m each. Unless we have confirmation that their lawyers are doing this pro bono? Seems unlikely, but we can hope.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Kestral posted:

If they're not even getting attorney fees out of this, I'd be very surprised if they kept any of that $2m each. Unless we have confirmation that their lawyers are doing this pro bono? Seems unlikely, but we can hope.

The lawyer said something to the effect of their legal fees already being more than covered by the currently-existing sanctions, let alone anything new.

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

I'm pretty sure Bill said in KF #664 (Formulaic Objections Part 5) that the firm does their work to make money, and then the attorneys all get to take on their 'hobby' cases which are basically paid for and supported out of the 'regular' earnings, to enable them all to pick things to work on to try to do good in the world.

Mark has joked in at least one of his appearances, though, that Alex's attorneys and employees loving up so bad in discovery and all the depositions have more than paid their costs on this case via the sanctions, and that there's no need to accuse them of taking money from any shadowy cabal or powerful individuals, and that Alex himself is basically funding his own downfall. (e: beaten on this part)

(aside: I'm delighted to see a thread full of policy wonks, I thought I was kind of alone in being willing to listen to stuff like this).

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kestral posted:

Even if the attorneys are working contingency, they will, at most, take 33-40% of the total recovery. In this case, there have been around $1.5m already in sanctions that include attorney's fees. In FL, at least, attorneys fees awarded belong to the client - not the lawyer. So if they are on a contingency case and do get fees awarded, the lawyers do not necessarily get all of those fees in some jurisdictions.

For example, if someone gets a $10m verdict against a tobacco company with $2.5m in attorneys fees, the attorneys do not keep the $2.5 and take their percentage out of the $10m. Instead, they take their percentage out of $12.5m.

I can't say for TX on this topic. If it is, the $500k that Bankston's firm has brought in just from sanctions is a massive get on fees.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I only have a minute, was there a punitive damages announcement today?

BTW, love you guys for this thread.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

nurrwick posted:

(aside: I'm delighted to see a thread full of policy wonks, I thought I was kind of alone in being willing to listen to stuff like this).

There’s a thread in RGD as well, but yes, quite a few worshipped at the altar of Celine

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

So Alex showed up and then left within 10 minutes. Why even bother?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

SlurredSpeech609 posted:

So Alex showed up and then left within 10 minutes. Why even bother?

Any chance to make a scene or get attention, he’ll at least show his face.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I only have a minute, was there a punitive damages announcement today?

BTW, love you guys for this thread.

They're gone for deliberation, but the lawyers were supposed to have a few conversations after lunch with the judge.

No idea why they're not back, though.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

mojo1701a posted:

They're gone for deliberation, but the lawyers were supposed to have a few conversations after lunch with the judge.

Is it possible they had off the record convos in her chambers?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

nurrwick posted:

:respek:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

Reynal broke out of his containment unit

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I'm going to assume the Judge was pushed too far, and is currently chasing Reynal around her office whilst brandishing a horsewhip.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Apparently, Robert Barnes mentioned the KF discord server (or the whole community) on air.

quote:

Hey Wonks, you may have heard about information on the discord being posted on the Knowledge Fight subreddit. You may have also heard that this information was shared by a journalist on Twitter. However, today our resident Halloween decoration- Bottle Service Barnes- has quoted this information live on InfoWars. They have also indirectly referred to the KnowledgeFight community and larger community of non-pilled spectators of the trial as a "Rainbow coalition of freaks" and "Mutants."

We are not interested in publicly divulging who the user who leaked the information was, and we do not want to encourage people sharing this information around or speculating.

We have nuked all of our active invites for the immediate future, only mods can invite people right now. We will do everything we can to protect you, your identities, and your privacy. We do not want a deluge of right wing weirdos to flood the server and we will have a zero tolerance policy on disseminating the information on this server to anywhere else- whether or not they're another Knowledge Fight community.

The safety of our community is non-negotiable. This is your first and last warning. This is a server for wonks it is not a server for narcs.

madmatt112 posted:

Is it possible they had off the record convos in her chambers?

I know Reynal muttered a discussion about sanctions, but I don't know if that's mentioned in chambers or not.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

drat, shouldn't have waited to get in there I guess.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Go ahead Barnes I know you got :10bux:

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

mojo1701a posted:

we will have a zero tolerance policy on disseminating the information on this server to anywhere else- whether or not they're another Knowledge Fight community.
You just broke the rule. Judge Gamble will not be happy.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I just remembered that that one expert witness was talking about poo poo posting. Somebody get her an account!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Did Reynal end up identifying any privileged information?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

SalTheBard posted:

Did Reynal end up identifying any privileged information?

Curious about this as well.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This thread needs a gang tag

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

I. M. Gei posted:

This thread needs a gang tag

A small gif of a bowl of chili

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hollismason posted:

A small gif of a bowl of chili

With question marks wafting out of it

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Twitter is saying verdict is in and people are filing back in the courtroom

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Break's looking to end soon, people are filing back into the courtroom

EDIT: Yup, in fact, verdict is in:

https://twitter.com/dansolomon/status/1555666464836931585

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

Apparently, Robert Barnes mentioned the KF discord server (or the whole community) on air.

It would seem to me that pointing infowarriors at the concept of Knowledge Fight would be a good way to lose the less-true believers, but uh i guess good work, Barnes.