Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
One of my favourite bits- Finding the bullet on the first examination of the body. The narration has a visceral fascination, as you root through a man's rotting skull on what boils down to a hunch. Cuno is so entranced he shuts up. It feels like the first time I actually impressed Kim. Not in a "this disaster managed to tie his shoes this time" but that I actually did something incredible. It's disgusting and reverent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

YggiDee posted:

One of my favourite bits- Finding the bullet on the first examination of the body. The narration has a visceral fascination, as you root through a man's rotting skull on what boils down to a hunch. Cuno is so entranced he shuts up. It feels like the first time I actually impressed Kim. Not in a "this disaster managed to tie his shoes this time" but that I actually did something incredible. It's disgusting and reverent.

Especially after a first playthrough where you were completely snookered by the deception, you feel like a supercop.

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

YggiDee posted:

Missed it on my first playthrough, knew about it before my second, and it still blew me away when I got to it. So good.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I got it on the first playthrough and realized "Oh wow, the game will account for you not finding this" when it's such a critical piece of evidence.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Yeah, first time through I didn't find it and didn't fridge the body either, just let Kim haul him off to processing. Being blindsided by the fact he was shot before he was hanged was pretty good too if you've only ever been a competent cop.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I found the bullet on playthrough one, Harry is unconvinced that the hanging was the cause of death and I had already found the polar bear so I stashed the body until I could pass the interfacing check, or whatever skill it was. The situation was sketchy still

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Finding the bullet on your first examination is some straight up real po-leese poo poo, but it robs you from having to stash the corpse in a polar bear fridge, which is the only route I will accept as canon

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I just love how I talk to everyone in this game not because I think I'll get quests or loot or exp, I just want to hear what everyone has to say. My reward for talking is more talking. It's great.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

SexyBlindfold posted:

Finding the bullet on your first examination is some straight up real po-leese poo poo, but it robs you from having to stash the corpse in a polar bear fridge, which is the only route I will accept as canon

Now I’m imagining Bunk and McNulty’s “gently caress” scene Disco Elysium style

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I got to the fridge but I left the body on the ground until Kim hauled it off :shrug:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

But that means Cuno doesn't see the skulltopsy, which is arguably worse than missing the polar bear morgue.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
I've played the game like 5 times and had no idea you could put the corpse in the fridge.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

YggiDee posted:

I just love how I talk to everyone in this game not because I think I'll get quests or loot or exp, I just want to hear what everyone has to say. My reward for talking is more talking. It's great.

It's excellent synchronisation of story and gameplay because of course it makes sense that amnesiac Harry would just stumble through the streets having a conversation with every single person along the way trying to construct a basic understanding of reality.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

DJ_Mindboggler posted:

I've played the game like 5 times and had no idea you could put the corpse in the fridge.

I had no idea about this or the bullet, but I did shoot the body down first try. FYS/MOT build all the way :smug:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Has anyone pulled off a first-try examination rather than having to Get Their poo poo Together?

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Has anyone pulled off a first-try examination rather than having to Get Their poo poo Together?

I've done it first try on a FYS build, and a couple others by bumping Endurance a few times. I think I've only internalized that thought once.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Yeah, I did a 6 strength 4 motorics build that just tanked that.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

SexyBlindfold posted:

if you fail the check for finding the bullet you can still put the body in the fridge

which i did but gave up looking at the body eventually and just sent it off.

Why do they never call you to tell you there's a bullet in it?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

SexyBlindfold posted:

Huh, so that's what that thing is for.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

jiggerypokery posted:

if you fail the check for finding the bullet you can still put the body in the fridge

which i did but gave up looking at the body eventually and just sent it off.

Presumably it takes them longer to get round to it than it takes Harry and Kim to finish futzing about and shoot some mercs in the face. And solve the case, whatever.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

jiggerypokery posted:

because by the time the coroners get around to it you've already forced the truth out of titus

if you have high enough esprit de corps there's a brief cutaway to the police coroners finding the bullet and going 'drat no wonder those guys on the scene didn't notice this'

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My friends just had a baby and named him Cuno.

They have no idea that Disco Elysium even exists.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That can't be a real name, tell them to try again

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

That can't be a real name, tell them to try again

Kuuno

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

YggiDee posted:

I got this as well on my playthrough, and it is one of a handful of moments where Harry feels really, really good at his job. In a similar vein, I absolutely love every single Visual Calculus check.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Would it be fair to say that the baby, for lack of a better term, does not mind?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Edit: Whoops!

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Aug 8, 2022

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Kokoro Wish posted:

I know people love aerial Insect Glaive, but the ground based combos are such a blender and very satisfying to use interspersed with dropping on a head.

Then again I'm the type of person that kinda hates flying around with the Gunlance, much preferring the older poke-blast style, so ymmv.

VISUAL CALCULUS [Easy: Success] - The monster appears to be much larger than expected. Without a gun, this could prove to be very unfortunate.

ELECTROCHEMISTRY - You've got Mega Demondrugs, chug 'em all down! Do a kegstand right on its back!

AUTHORITY [Medium: Failure] - Yes.

HALF LIGHT - GET THE TAIL. GET THE GODDAMN TAIL.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Necrothatcher posted:

That's kinda funny. Lucky for the kid, DE is niche enough that people won't think his parents pulled a Sephiroth on the kid

Kokoro Wish posted:

I know people love aerial Insect Glaive, but the ground based combos are such a blender and very satisfying to use interspersed with dropping on a head.

Then again I'm the type of person that kinda hates flying around with the Gunlance, much preferring the older poke-blast style, so ymmv.

I take it you meant to post this somewhere else?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Cuno also benefits from being an actual name.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I mean...barely.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Dieting Hippo posted:

VISUAL CALCULUS [Easy: Success] - The monster appears to be much larger than expected. Without a gun, this could prove to be very unfortunate.

ELECTROCHEMISTRY - You've got Mega Demondrugs, chug 'em all down! Do a kegstand right on its back!

Half Light is usually unhelpful but when it’s in its element it’s *really* good

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Dieting Hippo posted:

:allears: This really is the format that keeps on giving.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Bloody Pom posted:

:allears: This really is the format that keeps on giving.

It’s so good. Universally applicable

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Pattonesque posted:

Half Light is usually unhelpful but when it’s in its element it’s *really* good

Half Light can never fail you. Only you can fail Half Light.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
It really sucks to do a fash playthrough (for good reason) but holy loly is the ideology quest comedically rewarding. Be sure to keep the thought for day 3 and immediately forget it afterward as you need it to get the quest.

The communist one is probably the most :unsmith: one by a wide margin but BE SURE TO GO IN WITH AT LEAST 30 COMMUNIST POINTS.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sardonik posted:

The communist one is probably the most :unsmith: one by a wide margin but BE SURE TO GO IN WITH AT LEAST 30 COMMUNIST POINTS.
Is that what determines whether the tower stays up?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Getting around to playing this, choice paralysis strikes at signature skill selection. I've read Inland Impire was better for re-playthroughs, so as a smart sensitive weak klutz, I'm thinking maybe Drama, if only because I used to be an actor. Maybe Empathy?

The fact that everywhere says there are no wrong choices has not helped lol

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
JUST PICK SOMETHING!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Signature skill doesn't mean much. It just gives a bonus to both the specific skill and that category. You can still heavily invest elsewhere as you build your character.