Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

God drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I won't be satisfied with my gains until my rear end is two perfect cubes next to each other

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mr Hootington posted:

BACK WHEN MEN COULD BE MEN

This was the height of comic strip comedy.
And to show any man can overcome the woke mob, Andy became a successful chip maker.

more like Andy Slapp amirite

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
https://twitter.com/crackconnoisser/status/1555593756304441345?s=20&t=6OUTroRtW351EfXJeQdwYw

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

:drat: caked up like a loving bakery *tugs collar*

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

this is extremely disgusting. imagine eating something as tainted as a rockefeller

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Eason the Fifth posted:

Since this is the bro zone and im sure bros are wondering ill be a bro and ask. What were your symptoms

none until the tumor started to obstruct my colon, then i started pooping a small amount of blood. that's not ideal, by the time they caught it things had progressed to stage 3C (stage 4 is metastatic cancer). initially i thought it was an "upper" or painless hemorrhoid

the black panther guy had it at 3C but he didn't even make it through chemo before it spread and not even celebrity healthcare could save him then

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

goat font

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
fake

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

and...?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

first date, always take her to a place that only serve steaks/burgers. dont be shy girl

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/ClubPhotos_/status/1556694181820727298

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

none until the tumor started to obstruct my colon, then i started pooping a small amount of blood. that's not ideal, by the time they caught it things had progressed to stage 3C (stage 4 is metastatic cancer). initially i thought it was an "upper" or painless hemorrhoid

the black panther guy had it at 3C but he didn't even make it through chemo before it spread and not even celebrity healthcare could save him then

Thanks for the bro answer. I think Elder Goon Dr. Thot also got it too IIRC. Will be keepin a weather eye on my turds

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I ghosted someone because I told her I was on a diet and she gave me a rant about how diets are awful

Not the diet I was in, but the concept of diets

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Business Gorillas posted:

I ghosted someone because I told her I was on a diet and she gave me a rant about how diets are awful

Not the diet I was in, but the concept of diets

My experience with diets is that people have really locked in perspectives on them based on (mostly) negative experiences with/around dieting. It's almost the number one casual thing I don't like to talk about irl because so many people feel so bad about their bodies.

I think a better culture and society around body image starts with people recognizing that most of our beliefs around it have been reinforced into our behavior and thought patterns by people who make a lot of money by making us feel lovely. It's ultimately okay to want to change your body and it should be encouraged without punishing people for caring/not caring

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Everyone's trying to be happy, and it's hard to live your best life when your brain (everyone's including mine) has been physically altered by companies deliberately reinforcing you for feeling bad and punishing you for feeling good in a non-exploitable way.

E: worse, we're trained to reinforce and punish each other in the exact same way! It's sometimes hard to imagine but the way we train dogs and other animals is in fact the way we're being trained every day by media and advertising

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NeatHeteroDude posted:

My experience with diets is that people have really locked in perspectives on them based on (mostly) negative experiences with/around dieting. It's almost the number one casual thing I don't like to talk about irl because so many people feel so bad about their bodies.

I think a better culture and society around body image starts with people recognizing that most of our beliefs around it have been reinforced into our behavior and thought patterns by people who make a lot of money by making us feel lovely. It's ultimately okay to want to change your body and it should be encouraged without punishing people for caring/not caring
yea idk why diets get people all worked up. People can eat or not eat whatever they want as long as they aren't trying to get other people to eat the way they want them to eat, and ive never met anyone being pushy going yea you aren't living right unless you eat my specific diet or 16oz steaks every night. sure i might think paleo is silly but who cares i;m not gunna tell them not to do it; i was on keto diet for a year and i really liked it though i didnt mention it often bc lotta ppl got very righteous trying to scold. in terms of top 10 lovely things we do to our bodies on the reg, bad diets don't even rank top 5.

eat only meat, don't eat meat, eat eggs or not, avoid sugar or eat a diet of only ice cream, track macros or not, who cares.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
in my ideal society all the men look like Conan and the women look like sheena queen of the jungle

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

yea idk why diets get people all worked up. People can eat or not eat whatever they want as long as they aren't trying to get other people to eat the way they want them to eat, and ive never met anyone being pushy going yea you aren't living right unless you eat my specific diet or 16oz steaks every night. sure i might think paleo is silly but who cares i;m not gunna tell them not to do it; i was on keto diet for a year and i really liked it though i didnt mention it often bc lotta ppl got very righteous trying to scold. in terms of top 10 lovely things we do to our bodies on the reg, bad diets don't even rank top 5.

eat only meat, don't eat meat, eat eggs or not, avoid sugar or eat a diet of only ice cream, track macros or not, who cares.

having self control is for betas, and 'dieting' means you have to constantly have self control. weak poo poo. pathetic

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Xaris posted:

I agree 100%. I think it's because people are trained to mess with their peers about diet stuff by all the insane marketing poo poo fitness and diet brands do. Like it's not enough to care about yourself, you also need to care about everyone else because anyone who disagrees with your perspective is insulting you personally. It sounds like you have a healthy way to look at it

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lmfao

Smythe posted:

in my ideal society all the men look like Conan and the women look like sheena queen of the jungle

Be the change you want in the world!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'm gonna start taking a triple dose of nugenix so i can reach my ultimate bro form

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Lib and let die posted:

i'm gonna start taking a triple dose of nugenix so i can reach my ultimate bro form

The ultimate bro form is being emotionally available for your fellow bros, idiot

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i've lost 45 pounds in the last 6 months, can confirm that the hot girl diet of getting hosed up and never eating is super effective for the brotherhood as well

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I am just taking liraglutide for the offlabel use of weight loss. Over 10 pounds in a month of full dose so far

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
i'm smoking methamphetamines and crack cocaine, for weight loss

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've lost 45 pounds in the last 6 months, can confirm that the hot girl diet of getting hosed up and never eating is super effective for the brotherhood as well

chemo is a cheat diet

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
yeah anything that suppresses your appetite is basically a cheat code, when i quit smoking cigarettes back in the day i immediately gained like 15 pounds lol

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Mr. Lobe posted:

I am just taking liraglutide for the offlabel use of weight loss. Over 10 pounds in a month of full dose so far

I just googled it! What does it do?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr Hootington posted:

BACK WHEN MEN COULD BE MEN

This was the height of comic strip comedy.
And to show any man can overcome the woke mob, Andy became a successful chip maker.

Smythe get in here and answer for your crimes

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I just googled it! What does it do?

wikipedia posted:

It reduces meal-related hyperglycemia for 24 hours after administration by increasing insulin secretion (only) when required by increasing glucose levels, delaying gastric emptying, and suppressing prandial glucagon secretion.

That's what wikipedia says about the pharmacokinetics. Basically you feel full longer because your gut literally empties itself slower. I can only eat about half as much at a meal as I used to.

Word of advice, you'll probably have tummy trouble for a month while you titrate up to the effective dose if you pursue it. Also if you're rich, you can get semaglutide, which is a better agonist for the hormonal receptor liraglutide triggers. For me with my insurance, it's a difference of 32 dollars a month vs 1,200 dollars a month.

Also, the less insulin resistance you have, the better it works. Thankfully mine is pretty good, nowhere near pre-diabetic at all.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Oh. And you have to inject yourself with something every day. In the adipose tissue, so its not hard or particularly painful, but it's annoying to have to manage sharps.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i have a sharps container for my used razors in the bathroom

amazon will sell you a little one for p cheap

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i have a sharps container for my used razors in the bathroom

tori cmos told me to use junky single blade bic disposable razors 10 years ago in YOSPOS and i still do to this day.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
safety blades own, i buy a box of feathers like every other year for $30

protip fellas, get a merkur and be gay like me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i stopped shaving and cutting my hair like a true bro. let the man-mane and pubes beard run free and wild like god intended adam do

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Do steroids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

spacemang_spliff posted:

Smythe get in here and answer for your crimes

you got the wrong guy