Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It ended up being $45mil in punitive damages. ~11x the compensatory amount.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/08/05/media/alex-jones-punitive-damages-sandy-hook/index.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Icon Of Sin posted:

It ended up being $45mil in punitive damages. ~11x the compensatory amount.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/08/05/media/alex-jones-punitive-damages-sandy-hook/index.html

Of which the judge seems to indicate will be brought down to the caps for punitive damages under Texas law, which is $750k per victim.

Because of course it is.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

To be honest, there isn’t a person on the right that has the guts to go after leftists for the horrid things they say and do. There also aren’t many fair courts left that will go after them.

The left wins because they are mean and nasty and have no sense of decency.
The only way to deal with that is like fighting fire with fire and that won’t happen.

Completely and utterly the exact opposite of reality.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Completely and utterly the exact opposite of reality.

If they were to accept that they aren't being persecuted then the whole artificial reality they've created falls apart. So they don't.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Eagerly awaiting the freep cheering on sweet home Indiana's abortion law

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
A football coach recently resigned, because he took a player's iPad and read what was being texted to the class. Without elaborating, he "repeated" an unacceptable word to everyone and later resigned.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/oklahomas-cale-gundy-resigns-reading-shameful-hurtful-word-during-film-session

I'll admit, the guy is taking responsibility. The details are murky, and the word is not defined. But we can all make a pretty good guess.

Regardless of the content, the Fox Commenters on page one did not disappoint.

Y'all want some oblique "is this person talking about genocide or boomerangs?" statement!?

Oh boo hoo, being a WHITE MAN is so difficult!

"Oh man... I cannot stand when "boys" talk about "color" and safe spaces and communism and that word I'm not going to type but say a whole lot."

Captain Log fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Aug 8, 2022

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Mar-A-Largo just got raided by the FBI. The freeper tears will be flowing tonight! Will they call for armed revolt or choose this moment to officially ditch him like they did W?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Bobulus posted:

Mar-A-Largo just got raided by the FBI. The freeper tears will be flowing tonight! Will they call for armed revolt or choose this moment to officially ditch him like they did W?

I call door number 1.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Is their powder still dry?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Raided for what? My guess is they say it’s a frame-up or that what he did wasn’t that bad and the mean government is just going after him as revenge.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Nobody knows what the raid is for yet as far as I know but best guesses are that it's related to the classified material he took there during his presidency that probably was not allowed to be taken there. It's possible that the text messages from the Alex Jones trial brought new info to light which prompted the raid. Pure speculation though, again, nothing concrete on what it was for.

Regardless of what it's actually for the right wingers on social media and TV/radio are already saying that this is an unwarranted attack on Trump just out of revenge.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Freep response is their usual "This is Fort Sumter...it's Civil War" bleating, coupled with their decrying the fascist DOJ and calling for the liquidation of the FBI (and BATF for...reasons)

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Nobody knows what the raid is for yet as far as I know but best guesses are that it's related to the classified material he took there during his presidency that probably was not allowed to be taken there. It's possible that the text messages from the Alex Jones trial brought new info to light which prompted the raid. Pure speculation though, again, nothing concrete on what it was for.

Regardless of what it's actually for the right wingers on social media and TV/radio are already saying that this is an unwarranted attack on Trump just out of revenge.

Has not knowing anything ever stopped Freepers.

Serious question, has it ever stopped them? I mean they generally just assume if they don't understand something it's full of gay communists, but anything where they waited to declare that?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Twelve by Pies posted:

I may be wrong, but I doubt the DOJ is going to order a raid by the FBI on a former presidents home based on text messages obtained mere days ago. Federal warrants are typically rock solid so I’d bet this has been in the works for a while. They’re not gonna risk this much public fallout on Alex Jones’ text messages. At least I really hope they wouldn’t.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Xiahou Dun posted:

Has not knowing anything ever stopped Freepers.

Well no, but I was answering I AM GRANDO's question "Raided for what?" Which the answer is so far, "Nobody knows." But it's not unreasonable to assume it's related to the classified documents stuff, just there's no proof of that (we just know the J6 committee already said there wouldn't be any charges based on the hearings, so the raid is probably not related to that, but again, could be, the info just isn't out yet).

empty baggie posted:

I may be wrong, but I doubt the DOJ is going to order a raid by the FBI on a former presidents home based on text messages obtained mere days ago. Federal warrants are typically rock solid so I’d bet this has been in the works for a while. They’re not gonna risk this much public fallout on Alex Jones’ text messages. At least I really hope they wouldn’t.

Oh it's absolutely been in the works for a while, it's just possible that something in the text messages was the final piece of actionable information they needed for approval. That's just speculation based on the timing though, and you're probably right that it's doubtful that those would be the catalyst. Just the human brain liking to find patterns where none may exist, as usual.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Actually this was pretty clearly laid out.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1556822543989805056?t=Pm7DBmrAlOiXLx115q0L7w&s=19

Whole thread covers things with legal knowledge stuff

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

…and not to say that it wouldn’t be really satisfying to know that the final downfall of DJT could be totally blamed on a clown like Alex Jones.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Fox News: President Trump's home in Mara Lago is being raided by the FBI

quote:

To: mware
First they came for the Tea Party, and I did not speak out—because I was not in the Tea Party..

Then they came for the people close to Trump, and I did not speak out—because I was not part of the Administration.

Then they came for the Right Wingers, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Right Winger.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

— with apology to Martin Niemöller

How many other conservative Americans will be arrested in the next few days?

238 posted on 08/08/2022 6:54:52 PM PDT by GOPJ (Dan Bongino goes off on the FBI Raid on Donald Trump on FOX: This is Third world BULLSH*T!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 237 | View Replies]

quote:

To: butlerweave

Don Bongino just called it THIRD WORLD BULLSHIT!!

85 posted on 08/08/2022 4:35:39 PM PDT by milagro (There is no peace in appeasement! There)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 81 | View Replies]

quote:

To: livius
Yesterday they solidified to pass their tax-and-spend bill that triples the IRS, 51-50 with the Cackler as tiebreaker. Today Pretend-esident's masters sicced the partisan, oath-breaking FBI on the truly re-elected President's personal residence purportedly confiscating records that no one sane believes Trump would criminally withhold.

BS reason to make a fascist display meant to intimidate his allies, supporters and anyone who labored under the belief that the US government would never stoop to Third-World thuggery against the residing regime's opponents.

If they wanted to intimidate Trump to abandon plans to run again that surely just backfired. If any citizen has any doubt the usurpers posing as our government isn't waging war on them after it's unceasing attacks on our rights, resources, religion, institutions and legacy this unwarranted attack on it's rightful leader should open their eyes.
242 posted on 08/08/2022 6:59:55 PM PDT by MikelTackNailer (Real men don't shoot their hunting buddies in the face.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 217 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Impy

Yes, Impy. Witch Hunt into overdrive. All this just to keep him out of the 2024 race.
Built out of the J6 bullshit in the Congress; which has NEVER allowed ANY cross examination or opposition testiminy.
The FBI has solidified its reputation as a political tool of the lefturds.
This poo poo will lead to Civil War II...

19 posted on 08/08/2022 4:12:11 PM PDT by PubliusMM (RKBA; a matter of fact, not opinion. The Dhimmicraps are ALL Traitors. All of them.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

To: PubliusMM

Trump now needs to become Speaker of the House in 2023. He may have no other way to defend himself against political witch hunts between now and the 2024 general election.

36 posted on 08/08/2022 4:16:43 PM PDT by one guy in new jersey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: one guy in new jersey

I agree. This past week made it clear.

47 posted on 08/08/2022 4:20:58 PM PDT by FryingPan101 (God bless you, Jim.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: fuente

OMG!!!! The NAZIS are HORRIBLE!!!

14 posted on 08/08/2022 4:09:27 PM PDT by Ann Archy (Abortion....... The HUMAN Sacrifice to the god of Convenience.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ping jockey

Tucker should be good tonight.

18 posted on 08/08/2022 4:11:06 PM PDT by laplata (They want each crisis to take the greatest toll possible.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: laplata

Let’s not forget Jessie Watters!!

116 posted on 08/08/2022 4:48:42 PM PDT by SgtHooper (If you remember the 60's, YOU WEREN'T THERE!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies ]

Hillary!!! :argh:

quote:

To: laplata; All

Hillary can destroy subpoenaed cell phones,pay for phony dirt on her adversary,concoct a collusion scheme...Biden can get a 10% cut of the dirty dealings his drug & sex addicted son sold China & Ukraine for access to then VP Biden...Bill Clinton sent Sandy Berger to steal records after 9-11 that revealed Clinton’s dereliction on Bin Laden & more...NOTHING happened...Obama SPIED on Trump...the FBI sat on Hunter’s laptop...this country is a disgrace...the whole country is in quicksand at this point...but god dammit they’re making sure TRUMP never serves another second in a second term...Trump’s decision to run was the worst decision and biggest mistake of his life...the SWAMP RULES.

179 posted on 08/08/2022 5:19:25 PM PDT by sushiman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 178 | View Replies]

quote:

To: fuente

We’ve seen how they go about getting search warrants on him.

They’ve really turned this nation into some sort of cold war
look alike, with stormtroopers, brownshirts, and a whole
basket of consummate acts.

The President’s past felonious actions, who gives a rip?
Him blackmailing a foreign government using US loan
guarantees to protect his son, who gives a rip?
Hillary going against US Statutes to take confidential
files and place them on her private server?
Hillary Clinton staging an unsuccessful coup, and
inhibiting a president from doing his duty? Who gives a rip?
Stolen elections, who gives a rip?

The FBI should be disbanded at once. Take the BATF with
them...

This is a political show trial, and nothing more.

At least two directors need to be in prison ASAP.

208 posted on 08/08/2022 5:44:18 PM PDT by DoughtyOne (I pledge allegiance the flag of the U S of A, and to the REPUBLIC for which stands.)

quote:

To: RoseofTexas

OMG! I’m so furious
They took the boxes without going through them…taking them elsewhere to go through them!!!!!!
Fox showing about 4 people outside the home with Trump flags! Come on people!!! I’m 73 but could sure as hell wave a flag in protest & to show the Trump family my support!!!!
Where is the outrage????? 😔

202 posted on 08/08/2022 5:39:58 PM PDT by Jrabbit
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 190 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Vermont Lt

Shannon Bream on FOX believes they feel they have enough to indict and jail Trump for this, amazing.

204 posted on 08/08/2022 5:41:06 PM PDT by 1Old Pro
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 203 | View Replies]

quote:

To: 1Old Pro

I have been on a grand jury for the past month. We are “Indictments R Us.”

Getting an indictment takes a good story and a little evidence.

I haven’t followed any of this “document” stuff. But it looks like this could have been solved by two guys, a subpoena, and a pick up truck.

209 posted on 08/08/2022 5:45:54 PM PDT by Vermont Lt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 204 | View Replies ]

trump_do_something_tweet.png

quote:

To: cicero2k

The conservative Republicans there in Florida should surround the building and not let the FBI walk away with nothing. Surround the drat building!!!! people rise up!!!!!

40 posted on 08/08/2022 4:18:10 PM PDT by RoseofTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

To: combat_boots

Whatever the poo poo they want! Grounds? We don’t need no stinking grounds?! The Nazis aka KGB also known as the swamp and rats are out to destroy and to kill! Wake up patriots we are next.

91 posted on 08/08/2022 4:38:58 PM PDT by RoseofTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RoseofTexas

I thought about that. If the local sheriff deputized everyone... that could be a good way to get things moving.

61 posted on 08/08/2022 4:26:24 PM PDT by Sarcazmo ("Sarcasm is the highest form of wit" ~ O. Wilde)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 40 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Sarcazmo

DeSantis activating Florida National Guard to protect a Florida citizen?

71 posted on 08/08/2022 4:29:06 PM PDT by GMLORGMD (20+ year lurker, new poster. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 61 | View Replies]

quote:

To: GMLORGMD

> DeSantis activating Florida National Guard to protect a Florida citizen? <

That would be a bold and righteous move, but I don’t think it would work. In response Biden could just federalize the Florida Guard. Biden would have to go through a hoop or two first, but I’m sure he’d do it.

146 posted on 08/08/2022 5:00:45 PM PDT by Leaning Right (The steal is real.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 71 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Jrabbit

I know the feeling! Husband is saying they’re reporting they took boxes out of his home. Where were the effing patriots to form a roadblock? This is insanity I cannot believe that we didn’t have enough walnuts to face the FBI. And where the hell is DeSantis in all of this? My stomach is I am so angry. And you mark my words the cabal going to plan documents in those boxes that they took. He’s cooked I’m telling you right now they’re going to arrest him and throw him in jail. And those 80,000 IRS people are going to be breathing down our necks if we even blink to make a move to help him? Wake up people why do you think those 80,000 militia IRS are funded for?

190 posted on 08/08/2022 5:26:32 PM PDT by RoseofTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 170 | View Replies]

quote:

To: MayflowerMadam

“Wake up people why do you think those 80,000 militia IRS are funded for?”

That explains why the IRS recently purchased five million small arms rounds. That’s a lot of ammo for the raising 80,000 IRS secret police.

240 posted on 08/08/2022 6:56:03 PM PDT by bosco24 (EOD)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 194 | View Replies]

quote:

I had a bad feeling this was coming when the 2020 election was stolen and I’ve pretty much been in a funk since November 2020.

Everyone knew the democrats were going to cheat and cheat some more and yet Trump’s campaign wasn’t prepared to combat a stolen election. There were definitely GOP insiders that stabbed Trump in the back and I’m willing to bet it includes some of his closest advisors.

84 posted on 08/08/2022 4:35:36 PM PDT by SlipperySlope99
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 80 | View Replies]

quote:

To: SlipperySlope99

Lets start with that EFFIN BITCH MCDANIEL!!! The bitch spends all day eating cake sitting on her fat lard rear end all day doing absolutely NOTHING for the base!! She needs to go! If this is not pissing off patriots right now then our country is truly truly gone.

104 posted on 08/08/2022 4:43:11 PM PDT by RoseofTexas
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: SlipperySlope99

“I’ve pretty much been in a funk since November 2020.”

Me too! My friends as well. I think people generally have a sense of when something is very wrong and everyone senses this on some level.

Where I work the whole place has become dysfunctional. People are behaving strangely... never seen anything like it.

106 posted on 08/08/2022 4:43:57 PM PDT by Sarcazmo ("Sarcasm is the highest form of wit" ~ O. Wilde)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 84 | View Replies ]

quote:

Me too! My friends as well. I think people generally have a sense of when something is very wrong and everyone senses this on some level.

The democrats know this is their last best chance to push through the great reset and whatever else they have planned. The clock is ticking until November 2022 midterms.

But, I have a bad feeling we're going to see cheating on a scale similar to 2020. And knowing the GOP they will roll right over without a fight as long as they get to play the part of the Washington Generals in federal politics.

I hate where my mind is going right now, but we're reaching the tipping point. I have children so I have skin in the game. The GOP and patriotic citizens push back now or might as well just tell the DNC they won and it's over.
132 posted on 08/08/2022 4:53:36 PM PDT by SlipperySlope99
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 106 | View Replies]

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
These are pretty great comedy

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1556793230028587009?t=c4TmmiA1w551o-Ud6lfgKw&s=19

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1556822768137605120?t=5mF005xLpIKqqclEU-OtYw&s=19

https://twitter.com/AnthonySabatini/status/1556805568207196160?t=ShVMttKrlMgcq7bGcqOfqQ&s=19

mediaite posted:

Killary Clinton

It's obvious it's political motivated otherwise the assault on trump's residence would have taken place 18 months ago.

I know a retired FBI agent. Whe I asked him about it he just shook his head and said he was now ashamed of the organization he devoted his life to.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 9, 2022

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Man, I can't wait until someone tells this guy about the Supremacy Clause

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
people rise up!!!!! (not me tho)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zipperelli. posted:

Man, I can't wait until someone tells this guy about the Supremacy Clause

Since when has the Constitution mattered to these people?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Clarste posted:

Since when has the Constitution mattered to these people?

To FReeprs? Never.

To sitting politicians? They should *probably* be more acquainted with it than a 5th grader.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
I lot of people in the lib-space have gone completely :smug: about all this. Hell, I'm thrilled if this actually leads to something.

But something like this is going to completely turn the right rabid and wouldn't surprise me in the least if it leads to violence. They've already got a loving martyr complex.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zipperelli. posted:

To FReeprs? Never.

To sitting politicians? They should *probably* be more acquainted with it than a 5th grader.

Counter point: lol.

Furthermore: lmao.

Yeah I'm sure when MTG is between screaming about Jewish space lasers and stopping the steal she diligently studies the constitution to ensure she's correct in her assertions that antifa carried out the deep state plot to falsely implicate Trump on January 6th.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Captain Log posted:

I lot of people in the lib-space have gone completely :smug: about all this. Hell, I'm thrilled if this actually leads to something.

But something like this is going to completely turn the right rabid and wouldn't surprise me in the least if it leads to violence. They've already got a loving martyr complex.

On the other hand they are perfectly content doing violence and retreating further into imagined victimhood when left alone so you might as well get some actual persecution out of it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

the rightists who would do violence are already ready to do it. they're just looking for an excuse and it's not my job to walk on eggshells around them. gently caress them. no one is above the law

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Scratch Monkey posted:

the rightists who would do violence are already ready to do it. they're just looking for an excuse and it's not my job to walk on eggshells around them. gently caress them. no one is above the law

Oh, don't get me wrong. I loving love Trump being held accountable and will laugh and laugh.

It's just the deeply ingrained "Concerned Parent" part of my DNA that cannot help but go, "Welp, this is gonna make things worse and probably give him a ridiculous boost in the polls." When politicians start crowing for more insurrection bullshit over raiding a criminal's home, the weathervane is about to come off the roof.

Again.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
A quick roundup of a few threads. Looks like Epstein is involved because of course he is.
https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4084263/posts
The source for the Epstein connection is @JackPosobiec so I'm assuming it's a tenuous connection in reality

OP posted:

by Samantha Foster | 24News

Judge Bruce E. Reinhart from the Southern District of Florida reportedly signed off on the warrant to raid President Trump’s home at Mar-a-Lago on Monday night.
Well it has now been revealed that Reinhart previously defected from the U.S. Attorney's office to work for convicted sex offender and notorious pedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Reinhart reportedly betrayed the prosecution against Epstein, and used information the government had to then help the criminal dirtbag.

quote:

To: montag813

Every time the US, and the world in general, plunges into chaos and depravity, I look for patterns among the ring leaders. Call it a pet peeve.

There is a clear, irrefutable, well established pattern. It is ugly but it is there. Pretending it’s not makes no sense, so I won’t do it and I refuse to do it.

8 posted on 08/09/2022 8:22:16 AM PDT by Chunga85 (An arrogant govt combined with an ignorant population is a recipe for disaster.)

quote:

To: Chunga85
Better be careful, you'll be labeled a conspiracy theorist.

But seriously, of course the connections are obvious.
12 posted on 08/09/2022 8:31:29 AM PDT by Deo volente ("When we see the image of a baby in the womb, we glimpse the majesty of God's creation." Pres. Trump)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

Trump raid not about classified documents — it’s about Jan. 6

quote:

To: bitt

Why? Did something happen on January 6th?

3 posted on 08/09/2022 8:22:08 AM PDT by BenLurkin (The above is not a statement of fact. It is either opinion, or satire, or both.)

quote:

January 6th? That minor trespass event? Good Lord.

8 posted on 08/09/2022 8:23:37 AM PDT by 1Old Pro

All former Presidents are free to crime as much as they please :smuggo:

quote:

Is he kidding me with this article?

Going on about how Trump could have declassified the records, but if he forgot to it became a crime once he left office?

A crime NO ONE has ever been prosecuted for! And a courtesy that is given to all former presidents.

12 posted on 08/09/2022 8:31:31 AM PDT by Williams (Stop Tolerating The Intolerant)

quote:

To: rigelkentaurus

If they are not alive, they can’t come to open court

13 posted on 08/09/2022 8:32:41 AM PDT by bert ( (KWE. NP. N.C. +12) Juneteenth is inequality day)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

The FBI has created a decisive moment for America!

August 8 2022 "A date which will live in INFAMY!"

Once again the Department of Justice(sic) and the FBI are proving themselves to be so corrupt in the raiding of a former President's home when they have whitewashed every other crime going on!! It is so pathetic and they are proving that they themselves are what so many people have expected!

AND THE FBI HIDING THE CRIMINAL WORK OF THE BIDEN FAMILY PROVEN ON A LAPTOP THAT THEY HAVE HAD IN CUSTODY FOR 2 YEARS?????

The Biden administration is pointing their fingers at YOU America... are you happy?

ULTRA MAGA 2024 - PLEASE GOD!!
22 posted on 08/09/2022 8:49:30 AM PDT by high info voter (Delivery )

quote:

Mar-a-lago, it has been raided
And the stock market, it has been cratered
The U.S. dollar has been inflated
And the fires on the west coast, they’re conflagrated

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
How you don’t believe
We’re on the eve of destruction

The CIA listens to what you say
Whether in the mail or on eBay
You try to use cash, but there’s no way
To place an order on Amazon today

But you tell me
How you don’t believe

You’ve got shot four times for the Omicron variant
And your tax preparer is very compliant
What’s not out of stock, is redundant
And Siri is about to go sentient

But you tell me
How you don’t believe

The war in Ukraine, it just got started
The Yellowstone caldera it will be parted
Your whole supply chain has been Walmarted
And your commander in chief, he is retarded

But you tell me
How you don’t believe

The meteors in space, they thrill us
But one of days, one is gonna kill us
We won’t have enough food to fill us
But when it comes to paying, they’re sure to bill us

But you tell me
How you don’t believe

Your email account is full of spam
And the teachers at school, they’re all trans
Your solar battery ain’t worth a drat
And they say you’re a member of the Ku Klux Klan

But you tell me
How you don’t believe

26 posted on 08/09/2022 8:52:05 AM PDT by Redmen4ever

GOP Sen. Tim Scott on FBI search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago home: "We need to let this play out"

quote:

To: JonPreston

Really? Sounds like politics when the KKK was burning crosses on the lawn.....

5 posted on 08/09/2022 8:58:12 AM PDT by blackdog (Cooler King Joe, killing a winning nation every day. )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: blackdog

LOL. We gotta let that burning cross and that lynch mob play out, man.

9 posted on 08/09/2022 8:59:15 AM PDT by Alberta's Child ("It's midnight in Manhattan. This is no time to get cute; it's a mad dog's promenade.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Alberta's Child

They ALL become swamp creatures, look at how many of our tea party people went to DC and were swamp creatures before the first year was done!! I am so BEYOND ANGRY there are no words!! I think of the time I have donated to the Republican Party knocking doors, making calls, working in the offices, donating what I could the betrayal of these bastards THERE ARE NO WORDS!!

23 posted on 08/09/2022 9:04:34 AM PDT by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

quote:

Let it play out? That's the direction they take it, instead of just answering whether it was a legal search or not.

That ridiculous agency was created with an executive order. I'd love to see Trump win and immediately use an executive order to destroy the FBI.

They are using powers that should be granted to the sherrifs.

They were politically clever by labeling certain crimes as federal crimes, which helps them pull this off.
21 posted on 08/09/2022 9:04:30 AM PDT by Preachin' (I stand with many voters who will never vote for a pro abortion candidate.)

quote:

Fing idiot.

Yeah let’s wait until they arrest ALL Republicans.

This intimidation and criminality by Democrat thugs has been going on for decades.

Anyone living in a Democrat state knows what they’ll do to you if you get out of line.

25 posted on 08/09/2022 9:05:40 AM PDT by Williams (Stop Tolerating The Intolerant)

quote:

That is exactly what Sessions said at the beginning of the Russian hoax. McConnell and McCarthy and made a beeline to the microphone and said “let it play out”....effers were in on it!!! ...and look at how well it played out! I hate those people with a passion. China, Russia please take us out of our misery and nuke the CHIT out of DC once and for all.🙏🏻

32 posted on 08/09/2022 9:09:34 AM PDT by RoseofTexas

quote:

To: Lazamataz

I know Freepers do not want to hear this—but President Trump needs to take a little vacation in a country that does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

Now.

Better safe than sorry.

56 posted on 08/09/2022 9:21:50 AM PDT by cgbg (A kleptocracy--if they can keep it. Think of it as the Cantillon Effect in action.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Captain Log posted:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I loving love Trump being held accountable and will laugh and laugh.

It's just the deeply ingrained "Concerned Parent" part of my DNA that cannot help but go, "Welp, this is gonna make things worse and probably give him a ridiculous boost in the polls." When politicians start crowing for more insurrection bullshit over raiding a criminal's home, the weathervane is about to come off the roof.

Again.

Which, yeah, it loving sucks and means we're in for a world of poo poo. Thing is, that cake is already baked and all this is just waiting for it to come out of the oven. Don't let the fascists lying like abusive spouses even be entertained. They're not innocent victims being forced to beat their wives/discard democracy in the name of violence. They want to do it, and they know how to be manipulative when called out on it. If they didn't want the violence, they could just not be violent. They're choosing violence, because they want it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

quote:

President Trump needs to take a little vacation in a country that does not have an extradition treaty with the US.

How do you have thoughts like this yet not think the guy is a criminal?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Scratch Monkey posted:

How do you have thoughts like this yet not think the guy is a criminal?

The same way a Tibetan Buddhist thinks the Dalai Lama is not a criminal. A lot of the far right believes that Jesus is acting through Donald Trump.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

bird food bathtub posted:

Counter point: lol.

Furthermore: lmao.

Yeah I'm sure when MTG is between screaming about Jewish space lasers and stopping the steal she diligently studies the constitution to ensure she's correct in her assertions that antifa carried out the deep state plot to falsely implicate Trump on January 6th.

You think it's funny that I want elected representatives to be familiar with the Constitution? lol, whut??

I couldn't give a poo poo less about what Uncle Billy-Bob Causcasity thinks of it - his opinion (and the opinion of others like him) isn't worth the congealed bowl of oatmeal it spawned from. Government officials, however? Yes. As a goddamn MINIMUM they should be able to speak intelligently about founding documents that we base our system of government on. How is that even a discussion?

lol, your reading skills need a lot of work. No one gives a poo poo about whatever anti-semetic conspiracy theory MTG is spewing out of her maw. Nice strawman though.

Zipperelli. fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Aug 9, 2022

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zipperelli. posted:

You think it's funny that I want elected representatives to be familiar with the Constitution? lol, whut??

I couldn't give a poo poo less about what Uncle Billy-Bob Causcasity thinks of it - his opinion (and the opinion of others like him) isn't worth the congealed bowl of oatmeal it spawned from. Government officials, however? Yes. As a goddamn MINIMUM they should be able to speak intelligently about founding documents that we base our system of government on. How is that even a discussion?

lol, your reading skills need a lot of work. No one gives a poo poo about whatever anti-semetic conspiracy theory MTG is spewing out of her maw. Nice strawman though.

A solid third of the country very much gives a poo poo about exactly that and topics like it. This thread is endless and ample evidence of precisely that.

Sure it would be nice if our elected officials weren't virulently bigoted monsters who care about government only in so far as it can be used as a tool to harm their preferred targets. Not the reality we live in though.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Appreciate you going through Freep for us Kik2dagroin. I check it out now and then too see how active the Qanon thread is and it looks to be going strong. Is FreeRepublic still a good bellwether for the Republican party or is there a better representative site?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Elea posted:

Appreciate you going through Freep for us Kik2dagroin. I check it out now and then too see how active the Qanon thread is and it looks to be going strong. Is FreeRepublic still a good bellwether for the Republican party or is there a better representative site?

Daily stormer is the new bellwether for the GOP

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Elea posted:

Is FreeRepublic still a good bellwether for the Republican party or is there a better representative site?

I think freerepublic.com captures the aging boomer demographic quite well, but I don't think they're a useful gauge for younger demographics. Younger conservatives will use modern social media platforms or messaging apps that your typical freeper would avoid.

Regardless of age, Republicans are skipping happily towards absolute authoritarianism. Conservative media and beliefs are all top down, so it's more of a consensus of what the main hubs like Fox, Breitbart, and I guess now Newsmax are saying.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Yeah, Freep is almost entirely people who started getting angry online in the mid-1990s Newt Gingrich/Rush Limbaugh/Bill Clinton era of politics. The youngest Freeper has got to be pushing 60 at this point. They're almost a museum exhibit now - it's been observed that it took a long time for Q stuff to catch on there, and I'm convinced that was because Freep already had its own complete paranoid conspiracy memespace (with Mena Airport and the Clinton Death List and Hillary's Cattle Futures and UN Agenda 21 and all the other spiderbrained desiderata of the pre-9/11 conservative world) and looked at the Qooks as a bunch of johnny-come-latelies.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

quote:

OMG!!!! The NAZIS are HORRIBLE!!!
I mean, I guess that's true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

FMguru posted:

The youngest Freeper has got to be pushing 60 at this point. They're almost a museum exhibit now ...
I've definitely seen posters identify as in their early to mid-20s before, but it's very very rare and also assumes it's truthful. I can only imagine what a zoomer that willingly posts on freep is like IRL. I'd imagine any new blood coming in is there to try to influence or share links more so than discuss because other right wing websites are more user friendly.
The site itself is a museum: posters must hand-format their HTML if they want any kind of formatting or linking to outside content, HTML element overflows galore from a lack of adopting modern web design standards, for a site concerned with money they never really pursued advertising banners or anything like that. It's a loving mess, but really it's such a perfect demographic to set something up and then never change it.

Trump is a patriot and a gentleman. (vanity)

OP posted:

By some estimates, there are over 100,000 federal laws and regulations that carry criminal penalties. It’s a confusing and tangled mess. So it would have been almost impossible for Obama to not have broken at least one of them, even accidentally, when he was president.

Why didn’t Trump investigate that? Why didn’t he send the FBI to raid Obama’s residence? It’s because Trump is a patriot and a gentleman.
:byodood: Unlike the BLACK KENYAN MUSLIM USURPER!!!!!!

quote:

i don’t know how many laws Obama broke when he was in office. But whatever that number is, add at least 100 to get the number broken by Biden and by Hillary.

Trump took the high road here. It was not unreasonable for him to expect his successor to do the same. Unfortunately, Trump and the rest of us underestimated the depravity in Biden’s camp.
1 posted on 08/10/2022 8:23:09 AM PDT by Leaning Right
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

It was just a campaign slogan, not a call for the persecution of his political enemies!

quote:

To: Leaning Right
Why didn’t Trump investigate that? Why didn’t he send the FBI to raid Obama’s residence? It’s because Trump is a patriot and a gentleman.

Uh...what about Lock Her Up?
5 posted on 08/10/2022 8:32:42 AM PDT by Observator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Observator

> Uh...what about Lock Her Up? <

That was a campaign slogan of sorts. It was not a criminal investigation, which Trump is evidently facing now.

9 posted on 08/10/2022 8:38:55 AM PDT by Leaning Right (The steal is real.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

quote:

Running for President while ineligible.
Serving as President in direct violation of the Constitution.
Corrupting EVERY agency of the federal government, stuffing them full of communists.

Obama was born a British subject/Kenyan national, WHEREVER he was born, even if it was the Lincoln bedroom and came back from Indonesia as an Indonesian citizen.

He was NEVER eligible.

6 posted on 08/10/2022 8:37:01 AM PDT by Lurkinanloomin ( (Natural born citizens are born here of citizen parents)(Know Islam, No Peace-No Islam, Know Peace)

quote:

Someone once said to me that with the thousands of laws on the books, both federal and state, it’s almost impossible to get in your car, drive to the market, take a walk across the street and purchase a newspaper, without breaking some law or at least a municipal ordinance.

4 posted on 08/10/2022 8:32:20 AM PDT by Signalman

quote:

To: Signalman

Oh, yes. I once went to a talk given by an NRA lawyer. He said just what you said there. There are so many federal and state gun laws on the books that almost every gun owner has broken at least one of them.

A friend went to this talk with me. He scoffed at what this NRA lawyer said. Then the lawyer went down a list of gun laws that some people don’t even know about.

“Oops!”, said my friend. “I committed a felony.”

7 posted on 08/10/2022 8:37:31 AM PDT by Leaning Right (The steal is real.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Pretty sure Zappa would hate the poo poo out of freepers, even if he identified as conservative, since he foresaw a coming fascist theocracy, which freepers are 100% for, but who knows :shrug:

quote:

“ The United States is a nation of laws, badly written and randomly enforced.” Frank Zappa

12 posted on 08/10/2022 8:47:20 AM PDT by The Louiswu (If your child requires validation from Chuck E. Cheese you have failed as a parent. )

quote:

To: The Louiswu

My favorite Zappa quote:

“One of the things taken out of the curriculum was civics. Civics was a class that used to be required before you could graduate from high school. You were taught what was in the U.S. Constitution. And after all the student rebellions in the Sixties, civics was banished from the student curriculum and was replaced by something called social studies. Here we live in a country that has a fabulous constitution and all these guarantees, a contract between the citizens and the government – nobody knows what’s in it...And so, if you don’t know what your rights are, how can you stand up for them? And furthermore, if you don’t know what’s in the document, how can you care if someone is shredding it?”

13 posted on 08/10/2022 8:49:27 AM PDT by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]