Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Boywhiz88 posted:

They all have garages BTW.

their extended family are going to miss a lot more than parking. that’s right. they’re going to miss their relatives who live here after I demolish their block with a thermonuclear bomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
wait, I thought MPLS already burned down two summers ago?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

WaryWarren posted:

wait, I thought MPLS already burned down two summers ago?

we built it back so we can burn it down again

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

i dunno be careful with these don't lifted pickups of the day have super high pressurized tires that explode?

AFAIK, only semis/tractor trailers have the 80+psi tires. The suburban F-550 or sport or whatever should only have ~40psi which can be dangerous, but not if you are just trying to slash some tires.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I don't understand.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1556796251353612289?s=20&t=37C7QLaDTiOCdTba0vz1jA

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lol wtf

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

heartbreaking: death cultist survives 14 crashes in an unbelievable streak of misfortune

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bad rear end

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

honestly, work.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

quote:

To get a second-degree murder conviction, prosecutors must prove she acted with implied malice and knew the act of driving at a high speed on city streets was dangerous to human life.

Usually, such cases are brought if the driver is under the influence and has a prior DUI conviction and has taken DUI education classes. In Linton’s case, investigators found she has a history of dangerous crashes and knew the threat posed by her driving behavior, prosecutors said.

California Highway Patrol investigators identified 13 prior crashes involving Linton. Those incidents are the foundation for the district attorney’s case that she knew the dangers of reckless driving.

lol what a stupid country this is. there's no way someone could know that doing 90 mph on surface streets is deadly, UNLESS....

also how the gently caress did she keep her ability to drive with double digit crashes in her past? i am almost the same age as this lady and have not been involved in any crashes.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

i read that article with hate in my heart

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

the way this guy says "rural" is hosed up but good video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9KNax1QpD4

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

cowboy beepboop posted:

the way this guy says "rural" is hosed up but good video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9KNax1QpD4

I can barely get through this guy's videos because he does the exact same shtick as Regular Car Reviews. And it was already getting old at the source.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

They stop serving breakfast at 10:30, ok? She had no time to waste

mystes
May 31, 2006

Amazing that you can keep your license after 13 crashes

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Everyone, including her, would be better off if it had been taken away previously

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh now the police cant kill someone in custody

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

distortion park posted:

Everyone, including her, would be better off if it had been taken away previously

I'm afraid that recent court decisions have expanded the definition of "arms" under the second amendment to include cars, it is now unconstitutional to take away someone's drivers license.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

So like someone said earlier, she's literally acting out Kurt Russell's schtick from Death Proof.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

13 crashes what in the world. I've gotten like two recorded speeding tickets in 15 years of driving. Been stopped more than than but got off with a warning once or twice i think

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I don't think most (or any?) places in the US have a legal mechanism by which you can permanently lose your right to drive. Even if it were possible you still have the problem of catching the motherfuckers when they do it anyway

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

your honor, my client can not drive 55

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

"No Way to Prevent This", Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mystes posted:

Amazing that you can keep your license after 13 crashes

even if she lost it she'd just keep driving lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Clark Nova posted:

I don't think most (or any?) places in the US have a legal mechanism by which you can permanently lose your right to drive. Even if it were possible you still have the problem of catching the motherfuckers when they do it anyway

It's this. The most that can happen is that your driving privilege's can be revoked for some set amount of time of course since we live in a society centered on cars, there is literally no way to prevent someone from driving.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

i hate cars

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

It's cool that the focus here is whether or not she might have been impaired so we can excuse her behavior, and not that she's a homicidal maniac.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

It's cool that the focus here is whether or not she might have been impaired so we can excuse her behavior, and not that she's a homicidal maniac.
If you read the whole article, I think it may actually be the other way around: people were hoping she was impaired because she killed a child and pregnant women and even car brains can recognize that she should probably not get off scot free, but being very drunk is literally the only situation in which drivers can be forced to face any sort of repercussions and otherwise it's just no biggie

It sounds like the prosecutor knows they wouldn't normally be able to get a conviction in this situation but they're going to give it a shot and it depends on the jury I guess

mystes has issued a correction as of 16:18 on Aug 9, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

reading the article saying "prosecutors think they can make a pretty good case that she actually knew driving at 90 mph in city traffic is dangerous and did it anyway based on her 13 previous vehicle crashes" and thanking god for our country having the greatest justice system in the world

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Musk irrationally hates LIDAR and demanded it not be used in Tesla cars

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

sorry, we cannot ignore the possibility that the Blues Brothers glued her accelerator pedal to the floor. ALL CHARGES DROPPED

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

cannot wait for the muskman tweet stating that if the dummy had flinched or screamed like a real child then the tesla would've stopped

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

sorry, we cannot ignore the possibility that the Blues Brothers glued her accelerator pedal to the floor. ALL CHARGES DROPPED
I mean it's not even that. I think the problem seems to be that there's no specific cause anyone can point to

Everyone just accepts that accidents happen and everyone speeds and has the right to drive even if they repeatedly get into accidents and apparently doesn't have any particular obligation to drive safely

Clearly getting into 13 accidents and killing people going by 90mph is something even normal people can recognize is egregious, but it's like this weird cognitive dissonance where it's like "clearly she did something wrong but we aren't sure what it is" because it's literally impossible for people to accept the idea that 100% of people should be driving 100% of the time except when they're drunk.

mystes has issued a correction as of 16:24 on Aug 9, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i was joking i don't actually think the blues brothers did that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

If you read the whole article, I think it may actually be the other way around: people were hoping she was impaired because she killed a child and pregnant women and even car brains can recognize that she should probably not get off scot free, but being very drunk is literally the only situation in which drivers can be forced to face any sort of repercussions and otherwise it's just no biggie

It sounds like the prosecutor knows they wouldn't normally be able to get a conviction in this situation but they're going to give it a shot and it depends on the jury I guess

I would think the fact that you killed five people with your car while violating the law indicates that you were criminally negligent, but I'm no judge

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I would think the fact that you killed five people with your car while violating the law indicates that you were criminally negligent, but I'm no judge
Unfortunately you're also not going to be on the jury

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

proving intentionality is the loophole in our legal system whereby drivers and CEOs get away with whatever they want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

human beings cannot run 90 mph on foot, therefore no human brain could process that going fast might be dangerous. QED