Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Fart Car '97 posted:

I wanna read about this but all Google finds me is articles about the m1 being the best tank

Here's a 2012 article that says Congress keeps buying new tanks because they don't want to lose thousands of jobs in Ohio and millions of dollars in General Dynamics campaign contributions, and the net result is that thousands of M1 tanks have rolled off the production lines and then been immediately shipped to California where they just sit in the desert: https://publicintegrity.org/national-security/the-army-tank-that-could-not-be-stopped/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
C A L V E S

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Keir Starmer's Warm Seed

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

vyelkin posted:

Here's a 2012 article that says Congress keeps buying new tanks because they don't want to lose thousands of jobs in Ohio and millions of dollars in General Dynamics campaign contributions, and the net result is that thousands of M1 tanks have rolled off the production lines and then been immediately shipped to California where they just sit in the desert: https://publicintegrity.org/national-security/the-army-tank-that-could-not-be-stopped/

If you think enough like an imperial psychopath it starts to make pragmatic sense.

"We want to have enough factories that can make tanks to support a war economy if we ever need them" is a thing you might think if you had empire brain worms

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

ikanreed posted:

If you think enough like an imperial psychopath it starts to make pragmatic sense.

"We want to have enough factories that can make tanks to support a war economy if we ever need them" is a thing you might think if you had empire brain worms

As a HOI4 player

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

ikanreed posted:

sure you want a bunch of tanks to conduct a war but it doesn’t seem like it should be first, neverending priority for a nation that has to ship the tanks anywhere it could possibly need them to go. I’d want more boats and planes, personally

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

You need trains to ship tanks, specifically high speed rail that runs on lines that are separate from cargo lines for reasons that are really good and not just that high speed rail lines dedicated to transit use would own

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

ikanreed posted:

poo poo like that destroyed Soviet Union.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

WampaLord posted:

:wrong: she's the villain to the liberals who think that she or Manchin are the entire problem and if we only had 2 more dem senators everything would be fine

The next 2 dem senators will be critical.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fish of hemp posted:

At least the soviet union had a hegemonic enemy military alliance hell bent on its destruction

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Every day of like the last 2 weeks.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese
John Major getting pegged by Edwina Currie

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

Orange Devil posted:

The next 2 dem senators will be critical.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedman_Unit

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

MikeCrotch posted:

John Major getting pegged by Edwina Currie

I dont know who either of these ppl are.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I dont know who either of these ppl are.

One of them was a conservative prime minister so boring everyone forgot he existed, even while in office

The other is the sort of woman who finds that attractive (not his wife)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

One of them was a conservative prime minister so boring everyone forgot he existed, even while in office

The other is the sort of woman who finds that attractive (not his wife)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

He gave the country 48 hours to explain itself, I assume he is drawing the most scathing Dilbert of all time by now.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol just going to post this week now because lmao

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Mister Bates posted:

the Gunpowder Plot plotters made basically no attempt to cover up what they were doing at all, mostly used their real names when conspiring (or really obvious fake ones; Guy Fawkes was using the alias John Johnson), and, after the plot failed, got most of themselves killed when they fled to the forest to start a guerrilla war and decided to try to dry their damp gunpowder by spreading it in a big circle on the ground around their campfire

also Guy Fawkes fell down and died while walking to the gallows and the executioner had to sheepishly hang his already dead body

There is a frequently-unincluded-in-history 14th plotter from whom I am descended who was deemed too stupid to take part by the other 13th and sent on an unnecessary errand to the vatican to get him out of their hair.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
It sounds like a fake thing from a comedy show but this is absolutely true.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
too incompetent to end the stuart dynasty, had to let syphilis and germans do it instead

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
You gotta understand: by that point in history, catholic aristocrats in england were EXTREMELY inbred.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
the person they were trying to blow up was scottish

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
He also wasn't catholic.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
it really wasn't a very good plan at all was it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zvahl posted:

it really wasn't a very good plan at all was it

It's part of why it's remembered

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Trump may be currently violating a set of laws that he himself signed into beings couple years ago and that is a honkin’ big lmao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Bust Rodd posted:

Trump may be currently violating a set of laws that he himself signed into beings couple years ago and that is a honkin’ big lmao

We should have known that the only man who could defeat Donald Trump was Donald Trump the whole time.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

vyelkin posted:

This is very different though. They've still got the tanks just in case. How many tanks does Russia have I wonder? Admittedly they have more aggressive land neighbours.

Fish of hemp posted:

Tanks aren't that expensive. The total of 8000 Abrams' the USA military has received over 40 years would cost like $72 billion today, ~10% of one years military budget.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

That's just him gaslighting his step son

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Weka posted:

This is very different though. They've still got the tanks just in case. How many tanks does Russia have I wonder? Admittedly they have more aggressive land neighbours.

Tanks aren't that expensive. The total of 8000 Abrams' the USA military has received over 40 years would cost like $72 billion today, ~10% of one years military budget.

we’re never in 100,000,000 years going to drive tanks into or towards Russia

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bust Rodd posted:

we’re never in 100,000,000 years going to drive tanks into or towards Russia
if we don't drive them towards Russia how do they get to California from flyover states :colbert:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/JenniferSeberg/status/1402658226890543112

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Who is the "he" in question? Twitter is hiding the OP.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

erosion posted:

Who is the "he" in question? Twitter is hiding the OP.

how ever will we get over the loss of twitter user @cathetercutie

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

A Bakers Cousin posted:

lol just going to post this week now because lmao

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:synpa:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)