Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Re: Keto

Please keep in mind the Realgood brand chicken enchiladas are lower in quality than cat food and are one of the most returned items at my store. I literally couldn't make it through a single one. The worst thing I've ever seen at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

En-route back to Costco to buy another gigantic dog bed for the crate upstairs. Thank god they are cheap

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Soul Dentist posted:

Please keep in mind the Realgood brand chicken enchiladas are lower in quality than cat food and are one of the most returned items at my store. I literally couldn't make it through a single one. The worst thing I've ever seen at Costco.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Soul Dentist posted:

I don’t mind the Realgood bacon wrapped stuffed chicken things, but have heard this repeatedly about the enchiladas.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Soul Dentist posted:

We’ve been burned by several Realgood branded items being absolute dog poo poo. We refuse to buy anything Realgood anymore

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

the costco pupusas? with the individually portioned guacamole? they're great folks

Oh man I wish they had those up here

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Are the toilet papers the same? I've generally avoided generic ones forever and only get Charmin red or Cottonelle blue

The Bandit
Aug 18, 2006

Westbound And Down

AHH F/UGH posted:

Are the toilet papers the same? I've generally avoided generic ones forever and only get Charmin red or Cottonelle blue

It’s better than both of those

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I have my doubts

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

AHH F/UGH posted:

I don’t care for the Kirkland brand “bath tissue”. It’s super linty. Ymmv though I’ve heard they source from several places depending on region and you may get a different supplier where you live.

I’ve never used the Kirkland ultra soft labeled tp I assume it’s similar to charmin ultra soft.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

skipdogg posted:

I don’t care for the Kirkland brand “bath tissue”. It’s super linty. Ymmv though I’ve heard they source from several places depending on region and you may get a different supplier where you live.

I’ve never used the Kirkland ultra soft labeled tp I assume it’s similar to charmin ultra soft.

I only buy ultra soft. It's the only thing in my life I won't be cheap on. My TV is on it's last leg and Costco was advertising suspiciously cheap 55 inch 4k TV's so I'll be getting one delivered tomorrow.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

the costco pupusas? with the individually portioned guacamole? they're great folks

We had that combination for dinner last week, with shredded brisket on top. So good, especially for the price and convenience.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

skipdogg posted:

Yes, there are at least two vastly different Kirkland TP sold under the same name. My region gets the bad kind

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

skipdogg posted:

We’ve been burned by several Realgood branded items being absolute dog poo poo. We refuse to buy anything Realgood anymore

I'm in maintenance mode now/very slow continued weight loss after dropping 115 pounds and the thing I've learned from surgery and losing weight is that diet food sucks. I'd rather have a single unhealthy enchilada with the same number of calories of 3 lovely diet ones, no matter how much healthier the diet version might be.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Fashionably Great posted:

I'm in maintenance mode now/very slow continued weight loss after dropping 115 pounds and the thing I've learned from surgery and losing weight is that diet food sucks. I'd rather have a single unhealthy enchilada with the same number of calories of 3 lovely diet ones, no matter how much healthier the diet version might be.

Here's a little jingle that may help you op:

🎵🎶
Kimchi is a delicious low calorie treat
when you're trying to watch what you eat!
Try Jongga!
The one with two "g"s!
🎶🎵

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lemme just say that this:

Is a hosed up thing to name a food

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

halokiller posted:

Self checkout owns because most of the general public still finds them confusing to use so the lines are always shorter.

Too bad the general public is dumb as hell so you wind up getting stuck behind a gaggle of boomers who takes 10 minutes to scan 3 items. Also, and this is a general rule for all self checkout spaces everywhere, the self checkout registers have their sensitivity cranked down real low. So even if you know what you're doing, it still takes forever. I get that it's meant to prevent double scanning but I find it pretty irritating.

My costco pulls are too big for self checkout anyway.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Spot right by the door, item return (too many), dog food, waiting on a slice. pbuc

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I'm grabbing my shoes and then I'm heading to costco anyone want anything

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

note that I will NOT be getting the kimchi because I'm also stopping by h-mart on the same trip and theirs is loads better

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Does H-Mart sell a Kimchi Fridge? Can you pick me one up?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Does H-Mart sell a Kimchi Fridge? Can you pick me one up?

no lie I've been considering getting one and making my own kimchi because I love it so much

but I haven't seen it at costco. Mostly at like H-mart and stuff

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Smugworth posted:

Here's a little jingle that may help you op:

🎵🎶
Kimchi is a delicious low calorie treat
when you're trying to watch what you eat!
Try Jongga!
The one with two "g"s!
🎶🎵

Alas, I'm a vegetarian.

Jongga has shrimp and anchovies, sorry kimchi evangelists. Much like a gluten free communion wafer, I split a slice of cheese pizza and a couple of bottled waters with my spouse instead of having a hot dog+refill when we take communion at church

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
yeah, you can't eat like 90% of korean food if you're vegetarian. default broth everywhere is anchovy-seaweed broth, forex

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
A surprising amount of vegetarians eat fish, which was surprising to me. Eggs and milk less so, because I guess eggs never made it to a point where they were considered alive and milk is just a product of an animal.

The fish thing gets me still. I guess fish don’t have feelings?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Kimchi is great and I lived in Seoul for years but holy poo poo it is high in sodium, don't even think about calling it healthy lmao

ShowTime posted:

A surprising amount of vegetarians eat fish, which was surprising to me. Eggs and milk less so, because I guess eggs never made it to a point where they were considered alive and milk is just a product of an animal.

Pescatarians, because fish aren't "cute" mammals like a baby cow or a floofer baby chicken, they're weird alien unblinking water breathing flesh robots

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

ShowTime posted:

Not a Nirvana fan eh?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

AHH F/UGH posted:

Pescatarians, because fish aren't "cute" mammals like a baby cow or a floofer baby chicken, they're weird alien unblinking water breathing flesh robots
Bivalves don't even have eye balls. Clams is rocks with meat inside.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

numberoneposter posted:

:backtowork:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

numberoneposter posted:

I skip meat and fish and I've never gone out and had clam but yeah it's hard for me to argue against bivalve eating. Apparently they're pretty good for the environment too?

I think one major reason for pescetarianism's enduring popularity might be its association with Christian voluntary dietary restrictions (and, originally, the possible diet of a certain Jewish preacher). It doesn't make a ton of sense in a vacuum because we aren't Roman Levantine peasants.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theyre good for the environment by filtering poison into their bodies so they can't be good for eating at the same time

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

theyre good for the environment by filtering poison into their bodies so they can't be good for eating at the same time

Humans can have a little nature's Brita filter, as a treat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
oysters n clams are deeelish :discourse:

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ohtori Akio posted:

I skip meat and fish and I've never gone out and had clam but yeah it's hard for me to argue against bivalve eating. Apparently they're pretty good for the environment too?

I think one major reason for pescetarianism's enduring popularity might be its association with Christian voluntary dietary restrictions (and, originally, the possible diet of a certain Jewish preacher). It doesn't make a ton of sense in a vacuum because we aren't Roman Levantine peasants.

Yah I was going to say it feels catholic to say fish isn't meat.

My wife's pescatarian though so I support it because I like fish and meat.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i am vegetarian, and don’t eat fish, but i don’t split hairs about soup broth. i won’t use animal stock at home (vegetable stock tastes great in nearly everything), but so many otherwise vegetarian or vegan soups at asian places use pork or fish broth.

i looked at a box of chicken stock at the grocery store years ago and there were like 2 or 3 grams of animal protein per cup. i decided then and there that it just wasn’t worth worrying about the small amount of animal matter from the salty bone juice in soup and soup-adjacent products.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Yeah my lady is pescatarian, and will eat egg and dairy too and it makes it pretty easy to do meals we can both eat. And then I'll just get a whole bunch of fried chicken or a huge steak or something on the weekend.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Beaver and geese are also pescatarian, but a little harder to find nowadays

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Soul Dentist posted:

Beaver and geese are also pescatarian, but a little harder to find nowadays

"OK to eat during Lent according to the Catholic Church" and "pescatarian" are not the same thing

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No geese are just adult barnacles please read up on your science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Capybara = FISH. :catholic: