Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mummy Napkin
sweet. im just gonna roll a fresh character somewhere on the primal data center tomorrow. I’ll go wherever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mummy Napkin posted:

any yobbers play ffxiv? i need something to get lost in and this is like my third attempt playing it. i think it’ll take this time

Rarity plays, but don't know if she posts in this thread. She has been posting her adventures in the Games forums chat thread.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Dr. Honked posted:

it'll be a wonderful treat to savour later.
it's just *cheffy mckiss* friggin superb. it's not simply that the whole cat schtick is really well executed, it's a really really well done game.

i am glad to hear this. when i first heard about stray i was like holy poo poo, a stray cat game is such a good idea how has no one done this yet. a few months later i saw the trailer and that the cat has a robot hand backpack and the city has no humans and my reaction to this wasn't great.

i just think a realistic stray cat simulator, with numbers for hunger and comfort and everything, would be really interesting. hunting rats, or being cute to try and beg food. one end state would be that you are so adorable someone takes you home for a new life of comfort. there are a bunch of animal "simulator" games but they're all memebait and if anyone knows of one that actually simulates life as another animal let me know i would like to play it.

if you have time/energy i'd love to read more of your thoughts on stray. i really hope we're talking about stray.

in personal video game news rimworld has told me better stories than maybe any scripted video game i have played. it is so strange that sometimes games do things better by accident than other games that have invested a huge chunk of time and energy into that same area.

i woke up early and i'm still pre-coffee so these thoughts are a little bit rambling, but the internet holds the last of us up as this example of amazing storytelling in videogames, but if i wrote a book where a man looses his daughter in an accident and then later has to rescue a girl the exact same age and learns to love again reviews would say "this is incredibly contrived." hell it'd be like a first pass edit to change at least something about the new kid.
in rim world i've seen romances bloom, evolve into marriage, and then divorce. incredible arcs where a girl raised a cannibal converted to a peaceful faith and was forced to defend her new home against her brother and uncle, and who was driven into depression from watching them die. all dice rolls and junk, but somehow to me more compelling than most videogame "stories"

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Philippe

(she/her)
Emergent storytelling has the possibility to be great. That's why Crusader Kings and Dwarf Fortress and such are such fun to read about.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i really liked dwarf fortress but it's more complex than i need. i've tried a few other df lites but rimworld has really captured my attention. the leader of my community almost got killed by a grizzly bear last night and i was legitimately concerned in a way that i have rarely cared about characters in a game.

Finger Prince

I got the cat game. It is good.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Bridget in GG Strive is finally actually trans and it kind of owns :3:

Ohtori Akio
the femboy defense legions are very funny

for fucks sake

For the first time since 2016 I am feeling relaxed enough to play stardew valley and I am playing it a lot.

Scuba Trooper

i saw a tweet about how playing games as an adult is buying 30 games for dirt cheap in search of that childhood dopamine hit but just settling on a remaster of something from 2009 and ive been thinking about it a lot lately

Heather Papps

hello friend

Scuba Trooper posted:

i saw a tweet about how playing games as an adult is buying 30 games for dirt cheap in search of that childhood dopamine hit but just settling on a remaster of something from 2009 and ive been thinking about it a lot lately

i don't know how to describe it other than some games hook me these days, some don't. i felt like when i was a child any game i was lucky enough to get my hands on i loved, but these days of every 5 or so games i start playing maybe one actually get's it's barbs into me. feels good.

earlier i posted some bullshit about factorio. it rules, i like it a lot. i found navigating the space in satisfactory a lot more fun but factorio scratches a different nerd itch.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i've been playing "20 minutes till dawn" recently, it's basically vampire survivors but not as good. it is a lot of fun though

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Scuba Trooper

Heather Papps posted:

i don't know how to describe it other than some games hook me these days, some don't. i felt like when i was a child any game i was lucky enough to get my hands on i loved, but these days of every 5 or so games i start playing maybe one actually get's it's barbs into me. feels good.

it hit me because i'm playing through mass effect legendary and portal 2 and considering a red dead replay and im basically stuck in a time machine

power wash simulator and multiversus are the newest things to actually have my attention

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Dr. Honked posted:

i've been playing "20 minutes till dawn" recently, it's basically vampire survivors but not as good. it is a lot of fun though

I've been playing Vampire Survivors lately and I like it but I don't understand why my grimoire showed me weapon combos early on but now it has question marks unless it's an upgrade I've gotten.

Bobby Deluxe

Scuba Trooper posted:

the kill james bond podcast have been going on about tom clancy stuff recently and since then i have badly wanted to replay rainbow 6 vegas, something about that game was absolutely perfect for going maximum tactical dickhead mode

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

earlier i posted some bullshit about factorio. it rules, i like it a lot. i found navigating the space in satisfactory a lot more fun but factorio scratches a different nerd itch.

When I was a wee tween, on a Friday we would go to blockbuster (or other rental place, there was more than one back then) and I would pick out a Nintendo game to rent for the weekend. I had my own cheap B&W tv and I would eat Doritos, drink Dr. Pepper, and play Nintendo all night. And let me tell you, most of those games were forgettable trash.

biosterous

Bobby Deluxe posted:

the kill james bond podcast have been going on about tom clancy stuff recently and since then i have badly wanted to replay rainbow 6 vegas, something about that game was absolutely perfect for going maximum tactical dickhead mode

when my brother and i played this a million years ago, all we had for our xbox was an old commodore 64 monitor, so we could only sorta see everything. so our strategy was load up with as many grenades as possible, and alternate between being a kamikaze grenadier and hiding in a safe spot so the other guy could respawn

we also decided to play the final level using "halo rules", not taking cover and not aiming down sights, and somehow we just blazed right through it lol

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

hey folks i'm not gonna plug it any more than this, but we just launched a game today called Rumbleverse. it's a "brawler royale", think BR but everyone is a zangief-style grappler, with a cartoony humorous pro-wrestling theme. it's free to play and on the epic games store, ps4/ps5/xb1/xsx. check it out! it's my first credited title in 4 years

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

more falafel please posted:

hey folks i'm not gonna plug it any more than this, but we just launched a game today called Rumbleverse. it's a "brawler royale", think BR but everyone is a zangief-style grappler, with a cartoony humorous pro-wrestling theme. it's free to play and on the epic games store, ps4/ps5/xb1/xsx. check it out! it's my first credited title in 4 years

i just opened up the epic thinger and it's splashed on the front page, nice!!!!!!!!!

Mummy Napkin

:nice: I’ll give it a go on the xsex when I can and report back

more falafel please

forums poster

Dr. Honked posted:

i just opened up the epic thinger and it's splashed on the front page, nice!!!!!!!!!

yeah epic is publishing it so they're definitely pushing it

kalel

good luck MFP, hope it does well. it looks really cool :)

biosterous

lmao the trailer has someone doing that classic glitch of the thumbs up ref, lemme find the gif

e:

gallery of sigs

he/him

more falafel please

forums poster

biosterous posted:

lmao the trailer has someone doing that classic glitch of the thumbs up ref, lemme find the gif

e:

oh yeah that's an emote you can use. it's sick

you can also do the worm, and you can move around while doing the worm, and you don't stop doing the worm until you cancel it, so you can just move around the map doing the worm

Scuba Trooper

oh yeah that's an emote you can use. it's sick

you can also do the worm, and you can move around while doing the worm, and you don't stop doing the worm until you cancel it, so you can just move around the map doing the worm

GOTY

Gene Hackman Fan

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today i have learned that super punch out had a two-player mode that lay hidden for thirty years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdVWQpeSupo

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 12, 2022

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ohtori Akio
rumbleverse is good tbh

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

jeez ive owned it for ages but never got into it really at all before - gg strive is actually super great when you finally get over the fact that it’s not Xrd or #Reload

Heather Papps

hello friend

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

today i have learned that super punch out had a two-player mode that lay hidden for thirty years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdVWQpeSupo

this is incredible. maybe someone'll find the triforce in ocarina of time someday after all.

biosterous

Heather Papps posted:

this is incredible. maybe someone'll find the triforce in ocarina of time someday after all.

please google:

summer games done quick 2022 ocarina of time beta TAS

gallery of sigs

he/him

Philippe

(she/her)
Because of Jacob Geller's new video, I played How Fish Is Made, and I did it while eating breakfast.

That was a mistake.

Scaly Haylie

got paid and bought postal 2 because why the hell not

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

please google:

summer games done quick 2022 ocarina of time beta TAS

alright so my previous av was link smoking a joint with the text "look what i found in this pot"

that is to say i have pretty strong feelings about the legend of zelda.

anyways i love tasbot, and tas in general because everything is arbitrary so if half breaking the game with glitches and bugs is allowed why not using a robot? i was primed to dig this, and dug, for a good chunk of it. then, my mood turned. i noticed the voice of the writing in "beta" text boxes differing from that of the game, and realized the commenter language getting tricky about what was beta content and what was arbitrary code execution. i am not sure what the point i was totally out was, but it was a bit before the melting zoras domain and i was legit pissed about how this had been presented - not by you, but by the title of the video, and the hosts.

a few minutes later my fury kind of abated. i stopped thinking about how mad i'd be if i was tricked this way, live, to how happy i'd be if i got to experience the suspension of disbelief, live.
if i'd been running a game, or even just watching runs, i'd be tired. running on half sleep, and completely ready to be tricked by this. i got goosebumps sitting in my chair way after the fact, if i'd been there live it'd have drawn tears from my eyes. we are truly here, together, making posts.

what a work of art. thank you so much for pointing me in this direction.

biosterous

:peanut:

gallery of sigs

he/him

Scaly Haylie

Scaly Haylie posted:

got paid and bought postal 2 because why the hell not

it's fine

biosterous

i pirated the singleplayer for halo infinite to give it a try and it's my favourite far cry game to date, i will probably buy it when it goes on sale

gallery of sigs

he/him

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I was playing the warriors until I got to this timed tagging tournament. i just wanna bop & wreck suckers what is this jet set radio

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Mummy Napkin
thrilled that slime rancher 2 is coming out in a month. I love the first one to pieces.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Mummy Napkin posted:

thrilled that slime rancher 2 is coming out in a month. I love the first one to pieces.

oh really!! i did love the first one but it was one of those games that i never got very far in, despite enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

i'm replaying prey (2017) and it's still so good

using the prey randomizer but just changing up enemy spawns and item drops so it's still pretty normal just a lil fresher

gallery of sigs

he/him