Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well the thing is... why would they not be faked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
if you've ever eaten ants, you'll know the thing about ants is they taste awful. one has no choice but to "pipe it in" iykwim. peter thraft piston thrust style

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/jarvis/status/1556283752501768194

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A virtual performer? This is crazy!

Damon, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Albarn!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Check out this simple lifehack for when your budget doesn't cover lip sync animations!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rge5yswKgG1r0uzl6.mp4

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Just cram a bunch of poo poo into your purse and carry it in. The teenager earning minimum wage for telling you which theater to go to could not care less.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Cargo shorts will carry a chipotle in each pocket easily for movie dates

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
The most they're going to do is say "Sorry, you're not supposed -- hey, you're not supposed... okay, enjoy the movie."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

muscles like this! posted:

Not a huge surprise but apparently the majority of those "make elaborate stuff with just hand tools" videos are extremely faked.

Same thing with all those "I crammed a bunch of ramen into a broken [X] and covered it with putty and paint to fix it!" too, right?

Like...the "final" result is clearly the "before", then the item is broken, stuffed with ramen and putty, which, to be fair, is at least somewhat competently shaped and sanded to be roughly the same shape as before...but then there's typically a hard cut from just starting the paint to "wow, looks just like it was never broken!"

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 21:09 on Aug 10, 2022

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
I think the stupidest thing I ever brought to a movie was an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich to go see James cameron's Avatar. And some animal crackers. I almost wanna say I brought milk but I don't think I did. Maybe it was a capri sun or juice box.

I was like 16 and the movie was going to overlap with dinner time and I didn't wanna be hungry on a school night :ohdear:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

rydiafan posted:

Just cram a bunch of poo poo into your purse and carry it in. The teenager earning minimum wage for telling you which theater to go to could not care less.

You can also just not have something to eat while watching a movie if you don't want to pay theater prices.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
bringing a can of beans to a Pixar movie only to have it end in tragedy

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

You can also just not have something to eat while watching a movie if you don't want to pay theater prices.

dogg you are not the moderator of the movie theater

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can vouch for that, he never takes food into the movie theater, we always get food after or before depending on the time frame.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
My rear end in a top hat friend once snuck carrot sticks into a theatre and I'll say that's a great lifehack if you get off on an entire theatre of people giving you murderous glares before you're kicked out.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I hate to snitch if somebody brings in like a canned soda or non-approved candy but carrot sticks is a step too far, that and celery sticks.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I used to enjoy rolling empty beer cans or liquor bottles down the older inclined theater floors, loudly bumping into chairs on the way down.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

How the hell are you managing to eat the loud enough to be heard by other people? Bro close u r mouf.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If you're a specific kind of jerk you can bite into a carrot stick as loudly as possible it will be heard over the movie. If you're only kind of a jerk you eat your carrot sticks before the previews, where people will definitely hear them but since there's not movie or previews yet I'd consider that a yellow card infraction.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Cold pizza or an Italian sub with red wine
A bag of fast food with soda cans in pockets
Burritos and beers

These are all meals I have enjoyed at the movies.
You gotta open the cans when there's an on-screen explosion.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

When we saw Grindhouse in highschool there were 6 people in the theater. Me, two friends, and some randos

We hear a rustling at one point and the guy behind us has a whole footlong sub and he's just like "what? I get hungry sometimes"

And then we all laughed and had a good time watching Grindhouse

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Pasketti posted:

I think the stupidest thing I ever brought to a movie was an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich to go see James cameron's Avatar. And some animal crackers. I almost wanna say I brought milk but I don't think I did. Maybe it was a capri sun or juice box.

I was like 16 and the movie was going to overlap with dinner time and I didn't wanna be hungry on a school night :ohdear:

honestly PBJ sounds like an amazing idea and I'm gonna do it next time I go to the movies. ESPECIALLY james cameron's avatar cause you know those sequels are gonna be like 4 hours long. more filling, quieter and better for you than milk duds. tell your teenage self you were onto something.

animal crackers, ok that's too far

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
The real hero sneaks one of these in

loudest loving bags I've ever heard

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Pasketti posted:

this rules and exactly fits the vibe for Avatar

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

credburn posted:

This and one of those store-bought cakes with the black and clear plastic container, the ones that make that ungodly "SHRONK....POPOPOPOPOP" when you try to sneak a piece of cake at 3AM

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

credburn posted:

Try a bag of Sun Chips and get back to me on that.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I snuck in a four loko into jackass 3d as an adult and legal man and walking by the cop with it stuffed in my pocket still made me feel like I was doing something incredibly illegal. It was a good time though and we didn’t get caught!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Len posted:

When we saw Grindhouse in highschool there were 6 people in the theater. Me, two friends, and some randos

We hear a rustling at one point and the guy behind us has a whole footlong sub and he's just like "what? I get hungry sometimes"

And then we all laughed and had a good time watching Grindhouse

Grind(er)house

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dienes posted:

Try a bag of Sun Chips and get back to me on that.

I think they eventually went back to normal bags but for a while they were using these special supposedly better for recycling bags that were the nosiest thing in existence.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

I think they eventually went back to normal bags but for a while they were using these special supposedly better for recycling bags that were the nosiest thing in existence.

It has been fully a decade since Sun Chips had compostable bags.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

credburn posted:

now this is a challenge. someone needs to really put this to rigorous testing and find the loudest snack packaging of all time so we know what to bring into a theater to show maximum disrespect. those plastic clamshell bakery containers are a strong contender too. wear a disposable poncho and a shock blanket too, gently caress it

Korremar
Mar 1, 2010

You are so big!
So absolutely HUGE!
I went to a local theatre that's one of the only places to see non-AAA studio movies (shout out to the Parkway Theatre in Baltimore) to see Lords of Chaos. The Parkway has three projection rooms - there's the main ballroom, which is a loving work of art, and the two smaller rooms, for the even less well-known stuff. Lords of Mayhem was absolutely in one of the latter.

I walked into the theatre, there were maybe twenty or so folks there, most of them wearing battle jackets and the like. A group of four dudes were sitting in the chairs right by the door, and immediately hit me with a group "Hail satan." I replied "Hail satan." and one of the dudes responded "gently caress yeah, want a beer?" and opens a cooler full of Natty Boh. It was loving dope.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

credburn posted:

OK, here's how to ruin someone's day. Take an empty bag like this, and stuff it with old school individually wrapped hard candy, in that super loud crinkly cellophane. And every time you unwrap a candy, you stuff the wrapper down in the bottom of the bag.

A Worrying Warlock
Sep 21, 2009
Walnuts...

....uncracked.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CzarChasm posted:

OK, here's how to ruin someone's day. Take an empty bag like this, and stuff it with old school individually wrapped hard candy, in that super loud crinkly cellophane. And every time you unwrap a candy, you stuff the wrapper down in the bottom of the bag.

You are evil, those are the actions of an evil man.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Modern ones are still noisy as hell which makes them really annoying to eat in a quiet office. But yeah, nothing compared to the older ones,

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2010/10/06/130382547/noise-from-consumers-prompts-sunchips-to-go-back-to-traditional-packaging

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Cinemas here don't give a poo poo what you bring in. Well, the parent company likely does but not the staff on the ground. Pre-Covid, a bunch of us used to regularly leave work and walk to the nearby cinema with backpacks full of snacks and drinks.

I made it most of the way through a bottle of Jim Beam emptied into a large Coke from the concessions before falling asleep during the piece of poo poo that was Rogue One. My cow-orkers left me there to be shaken awake by cinema staff trying to clean out before the next showing. I've never felt like such an rear end in a top hat before or since.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Cinemas here don't give a poo poo what you bring in. Well, the parent company likely does but not the staff on the ground. Pre-Covid, a bunch of us used to regularly leave work and walk to the nearby cinema with backpacks full of snacks and drinks.

I made it most of the way through a bottle of Jim Beam emptied into a large Coke from the concessions before falling asleep during the piece of poo poo that was Rogue One. My cow-orkers left me there to be shaken awake by cinema staff trying to clean out before the next showing. I've never felt like such an rear end in a top hat before or since.

Your coworkers were the real assholes. If you fall asleep in the theatre it's your buds who are responsible for walking you up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

After a theater shooting my local theaters started doing bag checks and the stance of the underpaid teenagers were on record with "I don't care if you have food just no guns"