Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im the freak that liked off the hook

off the hook were ownage op no need to feel like a freak. and it's cool that the DLC campaign seems like it will be focused on them as well.

but it's good we don't have to sit through the intro every drat time tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

POCKET CHOMP posted:

and it's cool that the DLC campaign seems like it will be focused on them as well.
Hey nice catch.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Cicero posted:

Was thinking of playing on a plane with wife, but I guess we'll just have to do same-system multiplayer like a couple of peasants. Thanks guys.

Will probably do local wireless multiplayer with the kid in Saint's Row 3 though. And looking at Monster Hunter Rise for the return trip...

Hahaha, this almost reads like you're planning on playing impromptu matches against a random kid, who happens to be seated in the 3rd row.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

im the freak that liked off the hook
the problem was just not being able to skip it ever

like I kinda didn't care about the map rotation, much less for modes I wasn't playing.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

Hey nice catch.

Dr Mario puts down the inkblot test and says, "young man I think you might be obsessed with sex!"

And I go, "don't look at me doc, you're the one with all the dirty pictures!"

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Man we got this and Bayonetta a couple months later. Probably something else in December? Going to trade in my Splatoon 2 for Kirby as well. This year turned out pretty good for Switch!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Mister Facetious posted:

https://youtu.be/aiuIZN0KDFQ

Leather footware?

To quote Demolition Man: "Do you see any cows around here detective?"

Zapata de rata?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I haven't really kirby'd that I can recall since the snes. I'm floored by forgotten land. It's just such a gorgeous delight!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Huxley posted:

Dr Mario puts down the inkblot test and says, "young man I think you might be obsessed with sex!"

And I go, "don't look at me doc, you're the one with all the dirty pictures!"

:frogsiren:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Certainly THIS time it's true!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Eh I'd buy it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I for one am glad that the Switch has lasted so long and I haven’t yet been forced to buy an upgrade to play the newest games

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope instead of Switch Pro, we get a fully bc Switch U.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

hatty posted:

I for one am glad that the Switch has lasted so long and I haven’t yet been forced to buy an upgrade to play the newest games

:yeah:

I hope the Switch lasts a lot longer. I love this thing more than any other console I've had since childhood.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Inzombiac posted:

Lol. 2024 at the earliest.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Hrist posted:

:yeah:

I hope the Switch lasts a lot longer. I love this thing more than any other console I've had since childhood.

:same:

My game library for Switch is the largest game library I’ve ever had by like at least 2-3 times over

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

The Maroon Hawk posted:

My game library for Switch is the largest game library I’ve ever had by like at least 2-3 times over
It's going to suck when the next Nintendo system isn't backwards compatible and they hit reset on the eShop again.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

Gizchina but with a soft g.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It's going to suck when the next Nintendo system isn't backwards compatible and they hit reset on the eShop again.

This is exactly when you pirate everything you've already paid for. But yeah it's gonna be super annoying because like most goons I've invested waaaay too much cash on my gaming library. hopefully the next switch is fully BC.

I feel like they'd be dumb not to

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If the new Switch Pro U weren’t backwards compatible, I would simply keep my Switch and continue using it to play Switch games

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
I imagine they'll include backwards compatibility because the Switch has an enormous install base, and the more casual audience that hopped on this gen won't bother to buy the next console if they can't keep their Animal Crossing islands intact. It's received such a vast number of ports that dedicated port studios maynot bother to do them again next gen, knowing that people won't buy twice in such a short span.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

If the new Switch Pro U weren’t backwards compatible, I would simply keep my Switch and continue using it to play Switch games

Me too, it has all of my favorite stuff that I've been playing for years and will continue to play. I'll buy the final model and hope the battery lasts.

beer gas canister fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 11, 2022

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

If it comes to that id prefer to just play them on an emulator because clutter, but who knows maybe I'll own a home by then to clutter up with gaming stuff

Haha ha

Ha

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo is good at BC if they don’t have to do weird hacky things to get games to run, switch is a relatively normal console with one screen so I have faith

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
And isn't the fact that it's a mobile chipset even easier for backward compatibility as long as they stick w the same format? Actually I have no idea of this is true or not but I feel like it could be

Considering how successful the switch is, yeah the next thing better be a direct sequel. No more 2000s blunder years filled w weird decisions Nintendo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Is there a good guide to mega picross heuristics and techniques outside of the tutorial? I'm up to 10 by 10 puzzles on S1 and have hit a big wall. I've since moved onto S2 but I would like to give it a crack but I can't quite wrap my mind around it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spacebump posted:

I hope instead of Switch Pro, we get a fully bc Switch U.

The Switch Up.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

KingSlime posted:

And isn't the fact that it's a mobile chipset even easier for backward compatibility as long as they stick w the same format?
They would have to stick with an Nvidia GPU since some Switch games make use of their proprietary NVN graphics API.

Before the release of the original Switch it wasn't clear how committed Nvidia was to mobile SoC development as they left the rat race on mobile phones, but I imagine their partnership with Nintendo and the success of the Switch has been good to them, so they'll probably make something with out for the next generation.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Hey new thread title.
Where the hells the cool new trio amiibo for freaks, by freaks?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m a Big Man Stan

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

beer gas canister posted:

I'll buy the final model and hope the battery lasts.

If the Switch Successor comes out and isn't backwards compatible with the Switch, I'm immediately going to buy two or three Switch batteries and just store them somewhere nice and cool, just in case.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Botw2 is going to be a switch pro exclusive

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

xbc3 is so goddamn good.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

beer gas canister posted:

I imagine they'll include backwards compatibility because the Switch has an enormous install base, and the more casual audience that hopped on this gen won't bother to buy the next console if they can't keep their Animal Crossing islands intact. It's received such a vast number of ports that dedicated port studios maynot bother to do them again next gen, knowing that people won't buy twice in such a short span.

Me too, it has all of my favorite stuff that I've been playing for years and will continue to play. I'll buy the final model and hope the battery lasts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-VhSinN_NI There's a new nintendo game out this year, and some parents are not happy.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Barreft posted:

xbc3 is so goddamn good.

Getting to 50+ hours and still correct

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Didn’t they just say, again, that they weren’t working on a hardware successor?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

they haven't said anything, because why would they

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Everyone's just in a tizzy cause they'll be supporting Spla3n for two more years, meaning an upgrade is at least 2 years away from now, if there's even one in the works any time soon.

I don't care, I'm getting an OLED when I get back to France and it's gonna be cool.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Why give so much mental energy to the idea of a Pro console, just play videos games and a new console will come out eventually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
I am getting a free switch soon through a credit card promo.

What are the must play games? I'm not a huge console gamer. I'll probably get Zelda, already played/finished mario odyssey on a holiday with friends.