Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Azathoth posted:

the problem with the sheep game is the same as we've had with other threads where people nominate folks, a whole lot of you don't actually want to be IKs and when asked refuse with variations on "lmao no". it would be nice if any solution included a way to only consider people who opt in

i mean at this point, with the transparency we've had over the last couple of threads (here and in QCS) it sounds like it's a potentially losing gamble to even be a "chaos" IK like calib.

I work in a position where the expectation is that it's a democrat-party serving institution and while my CPUSA voter registration status certainly didn't stop me from getting employed (I can't see any reason why they wouldn't query my own current voterfile, since they literally own it, as part of employment screening) but my job could be in real jeopardy if I hit some vindictive Trump thread Glennword and they decided to dump my most critical, damning posts to my employer., or some offsite BNR lunatic doing it just because "oh look a new person has a star, time to insert some new records into dbo.SA_POSTING_ENEMIES and it's not really hard to put together enough information about me to take a good crack at guessing who I am.

I lose my job, I'm out of doors - my wife, myself, and all 3 of our animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

the problem with the sheep game is the same as we've had with other threads where people nominate folks, a whole lot of you don't actually want to be IKs and when asked refuse with variations on "lmao no". it would be nice if any solution included a way to only consider people who opt in

yeah, that does seem like it could waste time. otoh, preselecting who could be voted for seems like it would make the sheep game suck

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

speng31b posted:

yeah, that does seem like it could waste time. otoh, preselecting who could be voted for seems like it would make the sheep game suck

Yeah fair, I guess where I'm coming from is that in a previous feedback thread a common refrain was "you didn't mod any of our suggestions" when the reality is we offered to like a dozen people who were nominated and they all said no.

As a matter of policy, we don't say who we offer to because we don't want to apply any pressure to them to reconsider, and we also don't ask a second time if they have declined previously unless they've made some spontaneous comment that makes it seem like they're interested now, again for the same reason.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Azathoth posted:

Yeah fair, I guess where I'm coming from is that in a previous feedback thread a common refrain was "you didn't mod any of our suggestions" when the reality is we offered to like a dozen people who were nominated and they all said no.

As a matter of policy, we don't say who we offer to because we don't want to apply any pressure to them to reconsider, and we also don't ask a second time if they have declined previously unless they've made some spontaneous comment that makes it seem like they're interested now, again for the same reason.

that makes sense. i think no matter what you do, if people suggest candidates for mod and ik and don't see it happen, they'll keep asking about it. but it could still be fun!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth posted:

just give them the star, they will either stop posting (good for them) or abuse their power (we get to laugh at a meltdown)

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Lib and let die posted:

I lose my job, I'm out of doors - my wife, myself, and all 3 of our animals.

Well we certainly don't want you and your 4 animals out on the street

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Calibanibal posted:

Well we certainly don't want you and your 4 animals out on the street

Hey pal don't post @ my wife

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lib and let wife

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CODChimera posted:

i like the implication that jeff was fine with reading pages of arfs climate cringe posts but fly molo was just too much

i wouldn't mind arf spamming but then we get people with tears in their eyes being like mr arf sir... that was the best sir. we gotta get those folks some serious help

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

redneck nazgul posted:

lib and let wife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR0UmZcf89E&t=46s

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jonah Galtberg posted:

The uncomfortable truth that no trimpf thread goon wants to admit is that cumshitter, along with everyone else in that thread, was always insane
This feedback thread is much improved compared to the last one, and I'm pretty sure it's entirely down to the trump thread posters not constantly posting like they're the heart and soul of C-SPAM and everyone else is just ruining their vibes. Whatever the mods did to the thread was clearly the right call.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

This feedback thread is much improved compared to the last one, and I'm pretty sure it's entirely down to the trump thread posters not constantly posting like they're the heart and soul of C-SPAM and everyone else is just ruining their vibes. Whatever the mods did to the thread was clearly the right call.

Gonna add though - it's a prime time for content in that thread if you've somehow not been following the news.
That fucker got caught with nuke and spy documents in his clubhouse

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

i wouldn't mind arf spamming but then we get people with tears in their eyes being like mr arf sir... that was the best sir. we gotta get those folks some serious help

Almost accidentally edited instead of quoting

Also yes lol, arf is funny in medium doses but the people who treat him like a superhero for trolling the thread is, I believe, cringe and lame. Arf probably likes it, tho

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Almost accidentally edited instead of quoting

Also yes lol, arf is funny in medium doses but the people who treat him like a superhero for trolling the thread is, I believe, cringe and lame. Arf probably likes it, tho

I thought arf was a script which is how he posts so fast

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Red Baron posted:

Someday you'll also post so hard that you become indistinguishable from a script. Then you'll see clear to what comes next

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Red Baron posted:

tab space will submit a post

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Smythe posted:

tab space will submit a post

Also Ctrl+Enter

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

astral posted:

Also Ctrl+Enter

test

e: wow!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They should gas the thread or move it to cccc. They can just gas the Glenn thread if it makes the trump people happy.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

astral posted:

Also Ctrl+Enter

I do this and it acts like I'm trying to submit a new post without a title

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Yesterday and today prove we need the trumo thread more than ever

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Homeless Friend posted:

Omg yes, arf is good poster but he has followers who are just the worst lot this forum has ever had to read. Hbag was in Glenn with their lame script searching their own name, that kind of poster exists. Now understand that someone has that same script but put in Arf's name instead of their own. Absolutely terrifying levels of shameful.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

KirbyKhan posted:

Omg yes, arf is good poster but he has followers who are just the worst lot this forum has ever had to read. Hbag was in Glenn with their lame script searching their own name, that kind of poster exists. Now understand that someone has that same script but put in Arf's name instead of their own. Absolutely terrifying levels of shameful.

Making a couple people angry in a thread full of folks who deservedly believe we won't live through 2040 is honestly kind of lame and easy. I actually did the same thing by being sincere and kind (and did it much better).

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hello im here because of "my script" i guess
you know there's a search page right

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

If you would like me to probe hbag for name searching, please reply and say so

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Please chain probe them until they stop posting on this forum.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its embarassing how much you care lmao

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

NeatHeteroDude posted:

according to precedent, name searching = hacking

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

dialing in to NORAD to see if anyone's been talking poo poo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

hbag posted:

dialing in to NORAD to see if anyone's been talking poo poo

not making a canny case for yourself, going to be honest

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

hbag posted:

its embarassing how much you care lmao

I don't care at all. It's loving annoying that any thread you're involved in instantly devolves into whatever stupid poo poo you're doing. Would prefer you to not post in threads I read other than cjs.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Probably Magic posted:

not making a canny case for yourself, going to be honest

its just funny that several people have been saying im using a script to use a built-in forum function

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I don't care at all. It's loving annoying that any thread you're involved in instantly devolves into whatever stupid poo poo you're doing. Would prefer you to not post in threads I read other than cjs.

this has only happened to cjs and thats because the only other thing that happens there is people posting about how much they hate their lives

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

hbag posted:

this has only happened to cjs and thats because the only other thing that happens there is people posting about how much they hate their lives

Please see your probe reason and reconsider making a thread about yourself in the future :]. Don't forget, posts in any thread that aren't focused on you or your posting persona will be reinforced.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Please report any posts hbag makes about or related to themselves in any cspam thread

speng31b
May 8, 2010

alright well the summoning worked, but don't break the salt circle now

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It is like summoning. I love it.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

hbag posted:

hello im here because of "my script" i guess
you know there's a search page right

lol this guy has to be autistic, right?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
this subforum sucks balls and its iks are fail but if theres one thing we can all agree on is hbag should be put in probation as often as possible. thank