Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

KitConstantine posted:

Only for 12 days as the motion was to modify the interim order not the final order, since there's no final order yet

Also the judge sounds suuuuuper reluctant to be doing this, but he doesn't see a choice since fulfillment needs to happen to get more money from customers to then pass along to the sandy hook folks

Cool I'm glad that Alex Jones gets 12 days to blatantly and obviously shovel more cash into his pockets, which is where this money is going

Piell fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Aug 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Another status conference coming on September 27th, chapter 11 plan filing deadline is mid October

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Piell posted:

Cool I'm glad that Alex Jones gets 12 days to blatantly and obviously shovel more cash into his pockets, which is where this money is going

Eeeeeeeeh I'm not sure about that, and the judge pretty much said the opposing lawyers can use that time to dig into blue ascension some more

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
wait, i thought he was just a sales rep, that his supplements were pure profit because he just directs people to where they can buy them?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

wait, i thought he was just a sales rep, that his supplements were pure profit because he just directs people to where they can buy them?

The hearing was about allowing more money to come out of FSS to go to the fulfillment company, since they're selling a shitload more supplements than expected and exceeding the original budgeted amount for fulfillment

The judge is okay with it for 12 days, and by then they have to come up with a more structured solution. FSS also has to provide full status reports the next two Tuesdays.

The judge also stated that he's been giving a lot of thought as to whether this qualifies as a chapter 5 (small business bankruptcy) at all

So not all positive. I would say p bad overall for Alex really. He definitely got exposed for doing some shady poo poo

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

InsertPotPun posted:

That's the food buckets. The supplements are white label so he has to pony up cash in advance.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
ah, thank you both
even his own company won't extend him credit right now.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

InsertPotPun posted:

ah, thank you both
even his own company won't extend him credit right now.

It's not that they won't, it's that they can't. The company filed for bankruptcy, money isn't supposed to be moving out of the company at all unless a judge says it's okay

That's the point of the hearing - the company was allowed a certain amount of money to pay for logistics, and that money is almost gone. So they had to ask for more.

Edit: not a lawyer, basing this off of what I heard during the hearings/have read. Happy to be corrected!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So they are pretending they don't have enough money for product because it's currently buried in shells? Or it's locked down due to court issues?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Upsidads posted:

So they are pretending they don't have enough money for product because it's currently buried in shells? Or it's locked down due to court issues?

Locked down due to court issues is my understanding. That's also why they aren't using the donation money Alex has brought in - the Judge hasn't explicitly said it's OK to use so they didn't risk it.

Apparently.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
TBH i think most of the families probably are more hopeful Alex Jones is bankrupted and his operations so severely disrupted they shut down permanently rather than they get the maximum amount of money.

Which definitely can happen, I can only imagine Jones isn't a good business partner, doesn't pay on time, plays games with vendors and shippers etc..

Sufficient damage to his reputation and credit can make it very hard for him to do any kind of business, no matter how theoretically profitable he is as a product and shilling products.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
We must allow this conman to sell more of his fraudulent wares doesn't seem great, even if the proceeds might some day get to a few of his victims.

I get equal protection... But this guy is a convicted liar and proven unreliable at best.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
At least “Blue Ascension” is a better fake company name than the previous ones, which were all just weird initials

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

At least “Blue Ascension” is a better fake company name than the previous ones, which were all just weird initials

It's actually kind of sad tbh. The dude running it sounds like he's just as much of a dupe as anyone else. He think's he built a business!! he even has customers other than Free speech systems.

Just another dupe sucked into Jones' orbit

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Upsidads posted:

Locked down due to court issues: bankruptcy court means that you hand pretty much everything you have left to a court, who divides it up among your debtors.

The court had allowed them a certain amount of money to continue buying product to sell based on their sales and revenues at the time. But right after that agreement was signed, a bunch of stuff that had been out of stock came back into stock and increased their sales. Now they're claiming that they need the court to release more money to go to this middleman for paying for their products.

From the court's perspective, it's great if FSS is able to make more money, since that means more money to divide between the creditors. But everything about this fulfillment middleman is incredibly suspicious, so most likely this is just an attempt to funnel more money to puppet corporations to shelter it from the court's control.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

From the court's perspective, it's great if FSS is able to make more money, since that means more money to divide between the creditors. But everything about this fulfillment middleman is incredibly suspicious, so most likely this is just an attempt to funnel more money to puppet corporations to shelter it from the court's control.

Honestly I'm more suspicious of the intermediate agent that's apparently handling the payment of credit card fees to credit card companies

seems like a good place to skim some extra if you can swing it, and there was an odd amount of focus on it from the lawyers representing the victims, you know the ones that just got access to a bunch of jones documents due to a major leak last week

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Do they have to pay a fine for wasting everybody's time if they lose the case?

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Rinkles posted:

Do they have to pay a fine for wasting everybody's time if they lose the case?

lmao probably not

Sanctions are a thing but I dunno how common they are in bankruptcy court

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

KitConstantine posted:

lmao probably not

Sanctions are a thing but I dunno how common they are in bankruptcy court

I believe in Alex Jones, if any one can do it, it's him.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I saw a tweet a while ago to the effect that "it's really hard to get the death penalty in a civil case, but if anyone can it's Alex Jones."

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I mean, in the end it was the IRS that jailed Al Capone. Maybe I'm naive, but I'm under the impression the US government tends to go after tax evasion on such a large scale with the fury of a thousand suns. If you don't want to pay taxes, go through the same loopholes all the other rich people and corporations do

Wait, is he evading taxes too? I thought this was just about shielding his assets from civil judgments.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Bet it's real easy to accidentally commit tax evasion whilst trying to shield your assets.

Also this isn't assuming he's commiting tax evasion for all he's worth anyway. I mean he's practically a sovereign citizen, why wouldn't he already be doing that?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It would be potentially devastating for his public image if it was revealed that he faithfully paid every cent of his taxes each year.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Main Paineframe posted:

Locked down due to court issues: bankruptcy court means that you hand pretty much everything you have left to a court, who divides it up among your debtors.

The court had allowed them a certain amount of money to continue buying product to sell based on their sales and revenues at the time. But right after that agreement was signed, a bunch of stuff that had been out of stock came back into stock and increased their sales. Now they're claiming that they need the court to release more money to go to this middleman for paying for their products.

What are the odds that he's getting away with massive sheltering/hiding here?

Or do the courts have the authority and the will to bully their way through that kind of fraud?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXifEpNFXBA

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

Doing this in full view of the court though seems like it would require an exceptional degree of competence from the people responsible to actually pull off anything substantial. And these are some of the most incompetent people of all time

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Maybe we need a general Alex Jones Great 'Find Out" Legally Adventure with a timeline of all his upcoming"gently caress Around " court battles.

We're in the bankruptcy court time, followed by his Sandy Hooks "find out" on the 17th but I'm clueless beyond that

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Subjunctive posted:

Wait, is he evading taxes too? I thought this was just about shielding his assets from civil judgments.
Information about Jones' finances will become more clear as he starts to rack up guilty verdicts in his various civil cases, and I think it's safe to assume that he has a long history of financial chicanery just waiting to be uncovered.

Tax evasion wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure there's a financial crime that would surprise me. He's a paranoid millionaire, of course he's going to be doing shady poo poo with his money.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Froghammer posted:

Information about Jones' finances will become more clear as he starts to rack up guilty verdicts in his various civil cases, and I think it's safe to assume that he has a long history of financial chicanery just waiting to be uncovered.

Tax evasion wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure there's a financial crime that would surprise me. He's a paranoid millionaire, of course he's going to be doing shady poo poo with his money.

But it will just add to his gimmick of "give me money, the man is fighting me because they hate your freedoms" Genuinely would not be surprised if he turns a net profit from this. The only good possibility is that if Trump starts shaking people down at the same time he might get ignored.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

thoughts and prayers posted:

What are the odds that he's getting away with massive sheltering/hiding here?

Or do the courts have the authority and the will to bully their way through that kind of fraud?

bankruptcy courts encounter people trying to pull poo poo like this all the time

they're not going to fall for this incredibly half-baked scheme

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Froghammer posted:

The reason tax evasion comes up is that trying to hide his assets from the courts doesn't stop at the courts; by saying he's got no money here he will also be saying it on his taxes and thus paying well under what he should be. He can't exactly claim to be bankrupt here and then file his actual worth come February, can he?

E: although it wouldn't surprise me if they found out the dumbass was doing it before all this either.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He can, it just might not be a good idea.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Main Paineframe posted:

bankruptcy courts encounter people trying to pull poo poo like this all the time

they're not going to fall for this incredibly half-baked scheme

I wonder how many bankruptcy cases are criminal dipshits trying to get away with something. It's got to be like half.

But yeah it's a good reminder that it's not going to be the first time the judge has seen someone try to do this, and Alex Jones and the people who work for him are all very stupid and bad at crime.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Subjunctive posted:

I'm just guessing, but basically there's no way he's been completely honest with his taxes. My gut feeling is that the IRS is going to become very interested in Jones's finances if they aren't already. Even the fanboys throwing crypto at him isn't going to help once the IRS gets curious and starts asking more questions. Plus remember that Jones is his own worst enemy, so every inquiry becomes another opportunity for him to gently caress himself over

Basically I agree with everyone who thinks that this is the beginning of the end of Jones's public career. It probably won't be in a single moment, but a death by a thousand cuts. Between the lawsuits, the bankruptcy and subsequent investigation into his finances, the January 6th Committee, and his already poor health, things are only going to go downhill for him

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

wit posted:

But it will just add to his gimmick of "give me money, the man is fighting me because they hate your freedoms" Genuinely would not be surprised if he turns a net profit from this. The only good possibility is that if Trump starts shaking people down at the same time he might get ignored.

Again, you're making the assumption that he won't face consequences, which might be a safe assumption if we weren't talking about Alex "talk poo poo about the judge on my show while the trial is still ongoing" Jones.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

Again, you're making the assumption that he won't face consequences, which might be a safe assumption if we weren't talking about Alex "talk poo poo about the judge on my show while the trial is still ongoing" Jones.

What?! They can hear me?

e:

Flyball fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 13, 2022

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Part of how rich people get away with poo poo is they have very capable lawyers and listen to them. Alex has neither.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

wit posted:

But it will just add to his gimmick of "give me money, the man is fighting me because they hate your freedoms" Genuinely would not be surprised if he turns a net profit from this.

So? His gimmick won't stop the IRS from collecting on said profit. There's nothing his fanboys can do about the legal and financial consequences that are coming to Jones. Remember that Jones and his team are idiots and don't know how to hide their misdeeds, and the government has won against much smarter people with competent crooked lawyers and accountants

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Grand Fromage posted:

Part of how rich people get away with poo poo is they have very capable lawyers and listen to them. Alex has neither.
:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The only thing Alex Jones has been able to do is to delay the consequences while simultaneously making them worse for himself when they finally hit.

The only method he really could employ to avoid consequences at this point is pulling a Lowtax.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 13, 2022