Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Espionage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I still dgi, how did Konami get them

Probably the same way the audio of Marlon Brando's son's murder conviction ended up sampled by squaresoft as part of the xenogears boss music and westwood for a song from command & conquer renegade

Just something that somehow ended up in an asset library.

Possibly.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I assumed he printed them out for a joke.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ludvig Forssell is Kojipro's composer lmfao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Or maybe since that guy's the composer for some kojima titles he just offered the photos himself

or they aren't even really photos of his parents to begin with and the joke's gone over my head

e:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ludvig Forssell is Kojipro's composer lmfao

Yea I didn't know this and I didn't know who the composer for kojipro was so my bad, sorry

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Aug 13, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
e: Actually I'm gonna snip that cause it's super doxxable

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

e: Actually I'm gonna snip that cause it's super doxxable

It’s fine though? I don’t actually check my diamonddan27 hotmail account anymore

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

You can never be too careful about creeps on the internet.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

people should be as cautious as whatever makes them comfortable, IMO

rox
Sep 7, 2016

xerns + the grovler

e:

rox fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 14, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
There are people who literally spend all day screenshotting these forums and posting about it, please stay safe, and post Nothing identifiable on the forums. Or try too.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk what rarity posted, as a (funny) joke I made it about me

rox
Sep 7, 2016

in addition 2 my new captchal friends, today was galaraian zigzagoon community day in pokemon go and i got lots of cute pals

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there a general place where people are talking about Cult of the Lamb?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I thought maybe the Steam thread but they're just talking about Spider-Cop.

So idk, post about it here!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

haha what posted:

in addition 2 my new captchal friends, today was galaraian zigzagoon community day in pokemon go and i got lots of cute pals

regional variants of old pokemon was such a great idea

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Rinkles posted:

I'm so loving psyched to see the new Quagsire, he's my boy

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Arzaac posted:

I'm so loving psyched to see the new Quagsire, he's my boy

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Rinkles posted:

They’re so cool, I don’t think there’s been a single miss besides Hawaiian Persian which iirc is one of those Pokémon that looks dumb because the irl thing it’s based on was also goofy.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i love pokémon

theyre all my friends

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

They’re so cool, I don’t think there’s been a single miss besides Hawaiian Persian which iirc is one of those Pokémon that looks dumb because the irl thing it’s based on was also goofy.

You kiddin? This guy's way better than normie Persian

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Even Mr.Mime

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Love Mr. Rime

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

You kiddin? This guy's way better than normie Persian

Tbh I mostly don’t like him because he’s just a normal Persian model with a Garfield head, the contrast looks goofy.

Gaius Marius posted:

Even Mr.Mime

I forgot about Galarian Mr Mime, he’s Okay. Mr. Rime is horrifying though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

thought about this today

https://twitter.com/sonictoyhunter/status/1422858487063842817

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

jay rust, was it you who asked about Eternal Threads?

so I am nearly done with it

I am up and down about it, I think maybe getting it 50% off would be better than full price. if you're someone who likes to eavesdrop on conversations in games, particularly something like Tacoma, or you like video/hologram logs in games where you watch a flashback play out, this is basically a game about diving into the personal lives of everyone in this house over the course of one week, with the additional factor of being a time traveler who can change people's decisions, in an attempt to save all of them from a deadly fire. Unlike Tacoma, you don't have events where multiple things are happening at the same time... which was a little disappointing, that I couldn't wander off from one person's conversation and find another character doing something or talking to someone elsewhere... but basically they COULD have, they just instead split everything up into smaller isolated scenes (which also allows you to filter results on the timeline to specific characters so you can specifically follow their storyline)

there are over 160 scenes in the game, some being as short as 10 seconds, some a couple of minutes in length. so there's a lot of content, the howlongtobeat was I think 8-ish hours and I see why. i'm around the 6 hour mark and still haven't seen everything yet though I am thinking of at least getting close to 100%ing it. Because there's multiple ways to save everyone, but also, everyone has an 'optimal' ending.

what I like about the game is that sometimes the path to saving someone isn't making them an altrustic good person. sometimes they do have to make mistakes and learn from them, or maybe even not learn from them, in order for their circumstances to change so that they are alert enough to escape the house at the end of the week.

the stories of the characters I think are good. they're all dealing with serious poo poo and it is interesting to unpack them in real time. what i'm not thrilled about is the dialog, which is... well, it's not a case of like a poor translation or specifically bad acting, but awkward writing. whoever wrote the game is not someone who can write convincing conversational dialog, so it feels very... staged. characters will just bring up a pop culture reference, so that someone can refer to them as a character from that pop culture later in the conversation. in-jokes are forced. the lines of dialog feel like they were recorded by isolated VAs one at a time, rather than having multiple people in the booth at the same time to interact with each other genuinely.

so that's something you'll have to get past. that the dialog is always going to feel a bit stiff and awkward.

i think it's decent, it just could've been better

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

jay rust, was it you who asked about Eternal Threads?

No but I love reading posts!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

It is very cool how if you go onto a wiki on your phone the top third of the screen will be an autoplaying video

fandom is utterly unusable on mobile

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy sunday

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Looper posted:

fandom is utterly unusable on mobile

fandom is such puerile dogshit, it's outrageous

there was a period of time when the league wiki was close to unusable because they stuck sponsored YouTube champion guides on every page until the moderators and main upkeep crew threatened to mutiny, and now they fired the woman who was solely responsible for the upkeep of the most comprehensive pro scene wiki with no replacement. just a ridiculously awful company

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So I'm on Turnabout for Tomorrow in Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and I have a question.

So I just got to the reveal about the robot repair/dismantler table being used on a person and I swear I've seen this exact thing in another game somewhere but I cannot for the life of me remember where. Do any of you have any clue what other games had that as a plot point, that someone died because they got put onto a ro- ah fuckin poo poo I was thinking about hitman lmao well gently caress it, gonna finish typing this post anyway. Don't you just love when you're trying to remember something so you go to ask and it's only when you're asking that you suddenly remember?

there is no longer a question.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

thats right.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

So I'm on Turnabout for Tomorrow in Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies and I have a question.

So I just got to the reveal about the robot repair/dismantler table being used on a person and I swear I've seen this exact thing in another game somewhere but I cannot for the life of me remember where. Do any of you have any clue what other games had that as a plot point, that someone died because they got put onto a ro- ah fuckin poo poo I was thinking about hitman lmao well gently caress it, gonna finish typing this post anyway. Don't you just love when you're trying to remember something so you go to ask and it's only when you're asking that you suddenly remember?

there is no longer a question.

I do this constantly

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I saw this in the PYF forum and even though I don't really know what the hell it is I thought people would appreciate it here:

https://twitter.com/GrungeSniper/status/1557773376814718976

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I will always name my internet handles after video game characters.

But Sephiroth is always taken.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

to think that a master of 3d picross and all the picross e games could be defeated by a mere 15x15 puzzle...

Can any of the games chat picross masters figure out the next logical step?!! I had to look up the completed puzzle

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Even if you don't actually care about what you're arguing about it's important to pick a side and then be willing to die defending it no matter how untenable your position.

yup

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

:siren: warning: this turns into an unfocused e/n post :siren:

FFXIV is such a weird thing to me right now. I like it but I want to like it more. Idk if it’s the jrpg part or the mmo part, maybe both, but regardless the game has me teetering more and more towards “this is not the game for me”, sometimes even dipping into “this is not a good game, objectively (yes I have the power to rate things objectively)” at times. And yet I’m undoubtedly still having fun, like actual fun. Confusing

There’s a seasonal event happening in the game atm, and it comes with a tiny short story about a catboy learning that fake self-confidence is unattractive, and at the end, after I thought about it, I just went, “this is so bad, it’s so stupid”. Then I thought about the cinematic:gameplay ratio once again, and I thought about how across all of the quest storylines and characters I’ve encountered thus far in like 200 hours, they rarely ever make me feel an emotion, while the game thinks they should. They could all die in the next main quest cutscene and at most that would earn a “ooh I wonder what’s gonna happen next” from me

Yes I definitely need a break. I’ll have to compete with the FOMO mmos are built around (fommos, we call them) but I’ll manage

Video games

follow you r heart and stop playing. your impulse is correct. the further u get the goalpost of when the game gets "good" will only be placed fruther and further away to goad you into wasting so much time you feel obligated to the game. free yourself. i believe in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The seasonal event storylines are also never really that good, they're just kinda throwaway reasons for you to get the special items.