Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Gonna watch that light tube match when I get home. The Asuka one was one of the most tense matches I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Stall_19 posted:

Gonna watch that light tube match when I get home. The Asuka one was one of the most tense matches I've ever seen

It was fantastic. All the tension with all new twists on the spots

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
There's no way Jun Akiyama is going into his 30th Anniversary without a belt

Harimao don't have a chance

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oh maybe this isn't an actual championship match? A special match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

There's no way Jun Akiyama is going into his 30th Anniversary without a belt

Harimao don't have a chance

Is this a title match? It's not listed on the lineup below the stream

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Is this a title match? It's not listed on the lineup below the stream

really weird to not have this be a title match because either way Jun and Endo win

They might be waiting for a bigger gate for the championship match

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
what a catch!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That could have been smoother but still looked cool

e: Hell yeah Yoshimura :neckbeard:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
impossible the kid did it

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
hot drat what a great match that was

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
the old crew coming out to congratulate/challenge Yoshimura I love it

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lol the NFT challenge tease

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just walks out, rolls into the ring, rolls straight back out and keeps walking :lol:

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know if this is the right thread for this or not but - had anyone been able to sideload the Wrestle Universe app on a fire stick? I just saw that they have an android app and want to try to get it on my fire stick and/or smart tv but I've been having trouble finding a working APK.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I really do wish they had an app available on the Amazon fire stick

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao an NFT you can cash in for a title shot is loving hilarious to me

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
I can generally stretch my suspension of disbelief pretty far when it comes to wrestling, but sorry, I just can't buy the concept of an NFT having any value whatsoever

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Did Gamma's retirement show get aired/streamed anywhere?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Doesn't look like it.

Kaito Ishida showed up there btw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/jyuunigou12/status/1558608091704590337?t=3nu_pkAgTol0W5eTW63zxw&s=19

Masashi Takeda's owl has died :smith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Doesn't look like it.

Kaito Ishida showed up there btw

Wonder if that means he's GLEAT bound.

Been catching yesterday's All Japan, only through the first 4 matches but it's been pretty good.

Opener was Sato & Tamura vs HAYATO & Yoshitatsu and Tamura and HAYATO had some fantastic exchanges. Then there's the Aoyagi bros vs Honda & Kodama which is great, and a good All Asia Tag Title match which followed with the winners being challenged by 2 teams, which should make for a good match.

So yeah, recommend catching at least those 3 matches if you're planning to watch any of this show

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Move over Disco Inferno.

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1558904428492918784

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

they booked the wrong Masada

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

He only started training three months ago and looked great the other day. Bless HARASHIMA and the DDT dojo

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sanshiro Takagi is also heaping praise on this kid, saying you wouldn't think it was his first ever match after just 3 months of training.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Wonder if that means he's GLEAT bound.

Been catching yesterday's All Japan, only through the first 4 matches but it's been pretty good.

Opener was Sato & Tamura vs HAYATO & Yoshitatsu and Tamura and HAYATO had some fantastic exchanges. Then there's the Aoyagi bros vs Honda & Kodama which is great, and a good All Asia Tag Title match which followed with the winners being challenged by 2 teams, which should make for a good match.

So yeah, recommend catching at least those 3 matches if you're planning to watch any of this show

Only watching the top two matches before the G1 starts, but was there some lowering of restrictions? Crowd seemed like they were going crazy when Yuma and Atsuki made the save during the Voodoo Murders big tag. Hell, they were even loud during the Cyrus match, and Cyrus loving sucks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Only watching the top two matches before the G1 starts, but was there some lowering of restrictions? Crowd seemed like they were going crazy when Yuma and Atsuki made the save during the Voodoo Murders big tag. Hell, they were even loud during the Cyrus match, and Cyrus loving sucks

Not that I know of? It really did pop off when the Aoyagi turned up, was sheer delight.

I think secretly I enjoy Cyrus because I'm a sucker for a large moonsault

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Live All Japan time baby.

I think I've come to the realisation that for all its flaws right now AJPW is my #1 promotion. It doesn't have the deepest roster, they are far from immune from laying an egg, but despite the occasional shoe like 29/7 it is generally a pretty consistent company, there's some very exciting younger talent, they use some dope outsiders like Yoshida, Nomura, & GLEAT lads, and I dunno, I just watch every show pretty much as soon as I can, be it live or on demand. That'd almost certainly change if they run as much as New Japan but 5-6 shows a month is a very reasonable level.

It's not 90s AJPW & never ever will be again, but for an indy with a prestigious name I do love it.

Very fun opener with Suwama against Inoue.

To follow on from this, I've 4 wrestlers with 10 or more MOTYC matches: Miyahara, Y.Aoyagi, K.Okada & T.Nomura, & 2 of those are All Japan guys & the 3rd is close to a regular. 12 wrestlers with 12 or more HM nominations: 5 of them are AJPW guys & a 6th is T-Hawk who has wrestled on 1/3 of AJPW shows this year.

What I'm saying is All Japan is very good even though it's definitely not perfect.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 16, 2022

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I would like AJPW a lot more if it had better booking, but I keep my ajpw.tv sub even if I watch just 2-3 matches a month. The Yoshitatsu Containment Zone must be funded.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

On the whole All Japan will probably never be as consistently entertaining for me as DDT is, but when two of my top 5 matches this year came from Yuma Aoyagi (vs Kento at CC and vs Nomura at RR) I still consider the $12 a month pretty good value. gently caress Voodoo Murders though

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/1559751877205659648

Anyone know what this is about? My first thought is that it was a follow up to FMW-E launching next month but checking the hastag showed me there is also a card from two weeks before that getting announced

https://twitter.com/MrMidSouth1984/status/1559254081872560128

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Joey Janela had an unofficial Extreme Title defence the other day against the talisman of DDT, Yoshihiko, in Chiba, a Falls Count Anywhere match. Which is on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Gd-1icl7s

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

The big show of the week is undoubtedly Wrestle Peter Pan, with Konosuke Takeshita back in Japan, Higuchi vs Endo, Janela vs Shunma, Akiyama & Akai vs Brookes & ASUKA, a lot of fun stuff. But we've also got a double shot of GLEAT, featuring a tournament to crown the G-INFINITY champions (It's a tag title), DOUKI facing El Lindaman for the G-REX Title, Stardom have another 5 Star GP show alongside a show in Nagoya with no tournament matches & a whole host of big title matches, most notably the top 2 matches with Stardom legends challenging for the titles with Kamitani defending against KAIRI & none other than Nanae Takahashi facing Syuri. Should be some extreme cool wrestling. Elsewhere, All Japan finish off the Odo Tournament. Unfortunately that tournament has had a big knock as Naoya Nomura has tested positive for the rona, so the man he beat Omori advances to face Lee. Huge bummer, Lee vs Nomura should have been tremendous, a match with real meaning behind it. Not much on during the week though,

20/8/2022, Saturday

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/3:30am BST/10:30pm EDT/7:30pm PDT

All Japan 9th Annual Ōdō Tournament Night 5
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Ōdō Tournament Semi-Final: Jake Lee vs Takao Omori
Ōdō Tournament Semi-Final: Kento Miyahara vs Yuji Nagata
Cyrus, TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu vs Ren Ayabe, Ryo Inoue & Shuji Ishikawa
Atsuki Aoyagi, Hokuto Omori & Yuma Aoyagi vs Oji Shiiba, Rising HAYATO & Takuya Nomura
Andy Wu, Black-Menso-re & SUSHI vs Dan Tamura, Hikaru Sato & Rocky Kawamura 2
Ryuki Honda, Seigo Tachibana, Shotaro Ashino & Yusuke Kodama vs Voodoo Murders (KONO, Suwama, TARU & Toshizo)
Ōdō Tournament Final
Live on AJPW TV

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Stardom 5★ Grand Prix 2022 Night 7
EDION Arena #2, Osaka
COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa, Natsupoi, Tam Nakano & Unagi Sayaka) vs Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C, Saya Kamitani & Utami Hayashishita)
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Ami Sourei vs Momo Watanabe
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Giulia vs Saya Iida
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Hanan vs Starlight Kid
5★GP Blue Stars Block: Hazuki vs Suzu Suzuki
5★GP Red Stars Block: Maika vs SAKI
5★GP Red Stars Block: Koguma vs Mai Sakurai
5★GP Red Stars Block: Momo Kohgo vs Risa Sera
5★GP Red Stars Block: Saki Kashima vs Syuri
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/6am BST/1am EDT/10pm PDT

DDT Wrestle Peter Pan 2022
Ota Ward Gymnasium, Tokyo
Ilusion, Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku vs Takeshi Masada, Toi Kojima & Yuki Ishida
Antonio Honda, Kazuki Hirata & Toru Owashi vs Pheromones (Danshoku Dieno, Koju Takeda & Yuki Iino) vs Super Sasadango Machine, Yuji Hino & Yukio Naya
HARASHIMA, Hideki Okatani & Yukio Sakaguchi vs Keisuke Okuda, Kota Umeda & Naomi Yoshimura
Akito, Makoto Oishi & Osamu Nishimura vs Sanshiro Takagi, Shinichiro Kawamatsu & Soma Takao
ASUKA & Chris Brookes vs Jun Akiyama & Saki Akai
DDT Extreme Title Hardcore Match: Joey Janela(c) vs Shunma Katsumata
DDT Universal Title: Masahiro Takanashi(c) vs Yuki Ueno
Daisuke Sasaki, Dick Togo & KANON vs Konosuke Takeshita, MAO & Yasu Urano
KO-D Openweight Title: Kazusada Higuchi(c) vs Tetsuya Endo
Live on Wrestle Universe

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.30
Umeda Sky Building Stellar Hall, Osaka
G-Infinity Title Tournament Semi-Final: 60 Seconds (Jun Tonsho & Keiichi Sato) vs BULK ORCHESTRA (KAZMA SAKAMOTO & Ryuichi Kawakami)
G-Infinity Title Tournament Semi-Final: Kaz Hayashi & Takanori Ito vs STRONGHEARTS (CIMA & T-Hawk)
UWF Rules: Chihiro Hashimoto & Tomoka Inaba vs Maya Fukuda & Michiko Miyagi
BULK ORCHESTRA (Check Shimitani, Hayato Tamura & Quiet Storm) & Demonic Flamita vs Minoru Tanaka, Soma Watanabe & STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie)
UWF Rules: Seichi Ikemoto vs Tetsuya Izuchi
DOUKI & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs El Lindaman & Yu Iizuka
Uploaded to Youtube on a Thursday at Noon BST. Probably this coming Thursday but I can't say for sure

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/10:30am BST/5:30am EDT/2:30am PDT

Pro Wrestling NOAH N-1 Victory Night 6
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
N1 B Block: Kaito Kiyomiya vs Kinya Okada
N1 A Block: Anthony Green vs Hideki Suzuki
N1 B Block: Jack Morris vs Takashi Sugiura
Daiki Inaba & Mohammed Yone vs Shuhei Taniguchi & Yoshiki Inamura
N1 A Block: El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr vs Go Shiozaki
N1 B Block: Masakatsu Funaki vs Satoshi Kojima
N1 A Block: Kazuyuki Fujita vs Masato Tanaka
Live on Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Basara, Ice Ribbon, Dragongate & JTO

21/8/2022, Sunday

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/4:30am BST/11:30pm EDT/8:30pm PDT

Tokyo Joshi Pro Perfection
Ryogoku KFC Hall, Tokyo
Hyper Misao vs Moka Miyamoto
Maki Itoh & Miyu Yamashita vs Raku & Yuki Aino
Haruna Neko & Suzume vs Hikari Noa & Nao Kakuta
Kaya Toribami vs Rika Tatsumi
Miu Watanabe vs Pom Harajuku
Arisu Endo, Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki vs Mahiro Kiryu, Shoko Nakajima & Yuki Kamifuku
Live on Wrestle Universe

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/5am BST/12am EDT/9pm PDT

Dragongate Gate of Adventure Night 7
ACROS, Fukuoka
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

4pm JST/6pm AEDT/8am BST/3am EDT/12am PDT

Stardom x Stardom 2022 Nagoya Midsummer Encounter
Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium, Nagoya
Future of Stardom Title: Hanan(c) vs Miyu Amasaki
Donna Del Mondo (Giulia & Mai Sakurai) vs Oedo Tai (Rina & Ruaka)
Queen's Quest (AZM, Lady C & Utami Hayashishita) vs STARS (Mayu Iwatani, Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida)
Donna Del Mondo (Himeka & Maika) vs God's Eye (Ami Sourei & MIRAI)
Artist of Stardom Titles: Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Saki Kashima & Starlight Kid)(c) vs COSMIC ANGELS (Mina Shirakawa & Unagi Sayaka) & SAKI
Goddess of Stardom Titles: FWC (Hazuki & Koguma)(c) vs COSMIC ANGELS (Natsupoi & Tam Nakano
Wonder of Stardom Title: Saya Kamitani(c) vs KAIRI
World of Stardom Title: Syuri(c) vs Nanae Takahashi
It'll be live on iPPV & then uploaded to Stardom World in a week or so

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/9am BST/4am EDT/1am PDT

Dragongate Gate of Adventure Night 8
ACROS, Fukuoka
Card TBA
Live on DG Network

5:30pm JST/7:30pm AEDT/9:30am BST/4:30am EDT/1:30am PDT

FREEDOMS Jun Kasai Osaka Deathmatch Carnival 2022
Active Square Daito, Osaka
Brahman Kei & Brahman Shu vs Dyna Mido & Idea
Jun Masaoka vs Tatsuhito Takaiwa
Dragon Libre & GENTARO vs Kamui & Takahiro Katori
Hardcore Match: Gunso & Mataro Aoki vs Takashi Sasaki & Tomoya Hirata
Death match: ERE (Dobunezumi Fukki & Violento Jack) vs Rina Yamashita & Toru Sugiura
Scaffolding of Horror Deathmatch: Daisuke Masaoka & Jun Kasai vs ERE (Drew Parker & Toshiyuki Sakuda)
Presumably on NicoNico at some point

Ganbare Pro Sangeria 2022
Takashimadaira Ward Community Centre, Tokyo
Keisuke Ishii vs Shota
Moeka Haruhi & Yuna Manase vs Miyuki Takase & Yoshiko Hasegawa
HARUKAZE & Ken Ohka vs Onryo & YuuRI
Kouki Iwasami, Mizuki Watase & Nobuhiro Shimatani vs Shuichiro Katsumura, Soma Takao & X (injury replacement for Imanari)
Hartley Jackson vs Shinichiro Tominaga
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Also shows from Oz Academy, BJW x 2AW, Secret Base, Heat-Up, Actwres girlZ, Osaka Pro, Hard Hit, 2AW & JWP

22/8/2022, Monday

Only Dragongate

23/8/2022, Tuesday

Shows from DG, BJW & Marvelous

24/8/2022, Wednesday

DDT Free August
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on Wrestle Universe

GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver.31
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Match with losers of G-Infinity Tournament Semi-finals
Minoru Tanaka vs Yu Iizuka
UWF Rules: Chihiro Hashimoto & Mika Iwata vs Maya Fukuda & Michiko Miyagi
Dan Tamura vs Hayato Tamura vs Rising HAYATO
BULK Orchestra (Check Shimatani & Quiet Storm) & Demonic Flamita vs Soma Watanabe & STRONGHEARTS (Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie)
Kento Miyahara vs Tetsuya Izuchi
G-INFINITY Title Match
G-REX Title: El Lindaman(c) vs DOUKI
If it is not live then it should be uploaded to Youtube on a Thursday at Noon BST. Probably this coming Thursday but I can't say for sure

25/8/2022, Thursday

Shows from Basara & Real Japan Pro (Tiger Mask I's promotion)

26/8/2022, Friday

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/10am BST/5am EDT/2am PDT

DDT Non-Alcoholic Beer Garden Pro Wrestling
Ueno Park Ampitheatre, Tokyo
Hideki Okatani & Takeshi Masada vs KANON & MJ Paul
Bring Your Own Weapons Falls Count Anywhere: Ilusion, Yuji Hino, Yuki Ishida & Yukio Naya vs Kazuki Hirata, Sanshiro Takagi, Soma Takao & Toru Owashi
Drunk 3 Way: HARASHIMA vs Masahiro Takanashi vs Yukio Sakaguchi
Shin Numaukuro Ghost Story 3 Way Tag Deathmatch: Akito & Makoto Oishi vs Antonio Honda & Saki Akai vs Danshoku Dieno & Yuki Iino
37KAMIINA (MAO, Shunma Katsumata & Toi Kojima) vs Burning (Jun Akiyama, Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku)
Daisuke Sasaki vs El Unicorn
Lottery 6 Man Tag featuring Chris Brookes, Kazusada Higuchi, Konosuke Takeshita, Naomi Yoshimura, Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Ueno
Uploaded later to Wrestle Universe

Stardom New Blood 4
Shinagawa Intercity Hall, Tokyo
Miyu Amasaki vs Tam Nakano
Aoi vs Hanan
God's Eye (Ami Sourei & MIRAI) vs Haruka Umesaki & Starlight Kid
Momoka Hanazono & Waka Tsukiyama vs Ram Kaicho & Rina
LINDA & Mai Sakurai vs Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida
Hina vs Tomoka Inaba
Chie Koishikawa vs Lady C vs Ruaka
Should be live on Youtube

Also shows from BJW, Osaka Pro & YMZ

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
GLEAT's belt names seem so random. Glad to see Flamita land back in a Dragon System fed, that was arguably the peak of his career and they'll probably kick his rear end into shape again.

I wish I had time to catch all the block tournaments happening at once, but there just isn't time. I've watched about half of G1 so far but I know there's at least 3-4 others happening too. Any recommendations for essential nights, and what's skippable?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Wrestle Peter Pan looks like a loving loaded show, goddamn

Janela/Shunma, the mixed tag, and Takanashi/Ueno should all absolutely bang

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bonk posted:

GLEAT's belt names seem so random. Glad to see Flamita land back in a Dragon System fed, that was arguably the peak of his career and they'll probably kick his rear end into shape again.

I wish I had time to catch all the block tournaments happening at once, but there just isn't time. I've watched about half of G1 so far but I know there's at least 3-4 others happening too. Any recommendations for essential nights, and what's skippable?

Yeah, I'm very excited to see Flamita back. He's loving jacked now, or at least was the last time I saw him. Weird to think it's 3 years now since he was in DG for a Brave Gate challenge.

I am so far behind on the on this summers tournaments (except AJPW but then Ōdō is a knock-out tournament anyway). But let me say that if you like beef then the ZERO1 Fire Festival Final with Sekimoto vs Inamura is pretty dope. There's also a loving tremendous Fuminori Abe vs Masato Tanaka match on night 4 but that might have been a NicoPro show which I haven't seen uploaded anywhere. I was just lucky enough to be online at the right time to see them say on Twitter "hey, this show is on in an hour and it's free!"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This showed up on GLEAT's Youtube & while I cannot read it I can see by the pictures that Zeus is coming in for a show next month & perhaps most fascinatingly, the midweek show at Korakuen will be streamed live on Youtube & there was a picture of Masato Yoshino.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Yoshino is doing guest commentary at Korakuen

Other news is that GLEAT VER. 5 will be in Osaka Edion 2 and that GLEAT will be running the first pro wrestling event in whatever Gorilla Hall, Osaka is.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Aug 20, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yoshino is doing guest commentary at Korakuen

Other news is that GLEAT VER. 5 will be in Osaka Edion 2 and that GLEAT will be running the first pro wrestling event in whatever Gorilla Hall, Osaka is.

Gorilla Hall is a new venue that opens in January 2023. Seems like primarily a music venue from what I can tell?