Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
psfail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that's three days after the Dreamlight Valley launch so I imagine they'll talk roadmap for that game

i like how some of the screenshots on the steam page are just a zoomer character going "YEAH! DISNEY!!!". they know their audience

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 15, 2022

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

stev posted:

I got a PS5 a month or two ago and I'm already using it ten times more than my PC for gaming and 100 times more than my Switch (which hasn't been turned on since Metroid Dread).

The new PS+ library is a godsend for the console. I've got months worth of cool fun games to keep me going until God of War and the TLOU remake. And the two games I'm most hype for right now (FF16 and 7R2) will be PS5 exclusive for at least a year or two.

Wound up upgrading my PS+ sub to the one that gets you some free games (apparently there's one level above that where you get Big Boy games) since I was gonna buy and play Stray on the PS4 so my SO could watch me play The Cat Game and it was less money to get the sub vs buy the game (don't worry I will buy it on Steam later on sale because I love it and want to see it run on my PC)

Now I need to remember to cancel PS+ before the end of the year because I barely ever turn on my PS4 but I'm trying to avail myself of some of the free games before it expires

First time I've been on any sort of game subscription service and it's kinda nice to start playing something, realize I don't really want to put any more time into it, and then just be able to stop with absolutely zero hesitation. Probably still wouldn't exactly seek out a subscription service because then I'd feel compelled to play nothing but what's available on the service

Saint Freak posted:

Hey come on now. It'll be garbage mobile games

...priced at $70 and released on console.

lowest common denominator appeal-all movies/shows so same for the games?

Surprised Disney hasn't been doing more than they are with games

That open-world Spiderman game was alright enough though

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The 7th Guest posted:

that's three days after the Dreamlight Valley launch so I imagine they'll talk roadmap for that game

i like how some of the screenshots on the steam page are just a zoomer character going "YEAH! DISNEY!!!". they know their audience

fortnite little mermaid season looking good

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
You know when you log into twitter and everyone is talking about something on twitter but not linking to it so you have to work out what it was from people referencing it? Anyway what's up with sony and EA and microsoft? Who's buying who, or supposed to maybe buy who?

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Jumping back into FFXIV after what I thought was just a short break due to burnout. Didn't realise it was 3 months.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I haven’t heard anything, but I doubt MS is going to touch anyone till they finalize the Activision deal. And I think attempting to gobble up EA afterwards might be pushing their luck with the FTC.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Corporate buyout culture has ruined the way people look at companies and now everyone is speculating on who should buy who and it makes me sick.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Mecha Suda 51 should've never been built

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Discussion prompt:
Which monstrous media conglomerate would you most want to buy you?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Stux posted:

god of war and tlou are pc games and the second one is the second remake in two generations. can only concludie your first statement stems from a n incredible lack of taste in games .

Ok I'm sorry I'll stop enjoying my PS5 and will go back to replaying the Switch and PC games that I've already played.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

stev posted:

Ok I'm sorry I'll stop enjoying my PS5 and will go back to replaying the Switch and PC games that I've already played.

Good move op

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i hope you enjoy playing tlou remake remake and gow 2018 2 op, enjoying some solid 7/10s is perfectly good gaming :cheers:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it's ok to be happy with your playstation

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it's an excellent space heater and can also function as an emergency bomb shelter

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
They call it the gaystation because it makes you gay (happy)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

stev posted:

youre welcome

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is going to be really hosed up, but i've been playing video games on my PlayStation 5, and my Nintendo Switch.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I want to see some xmen legends and marvel ultimate alliance remasters already

I just want more dungeon crawling co-op brawling Logan fastballing goodness

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Playin' games? Rookie mistake

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Gaius Marius posted:

Playin' games? Rookie mistake

picking a choosing games you've never played to have extremely strong opinions about ftw

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Sakurazuka posted:

That wolf is one of the harder fights in the game, congrats

That makes me feel better, because immediately after the fight Karol was like "That was so easy!" and we were both like "what the gently caress are you talking about Karol, everyone's almost dead."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That wolf is also IIRC the final fight capping off the demo. It's amazing anyone bought the full game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Been enjoying so many games on my ps5 like atelier ayesha, bloodstained, blasphemous and tlou multiplayer that I have been calling it the psFUN.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

They call it the gaystation because it makes you gay (happy)

That's weird, mine made me gay (gay)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Been enjoying so many games on my ps5 like atelier ayesha, bloodstained, blasphemous and tlou multiplayer that I have been calling it the psFUN.

ps5 owner name a ps5 title challenge (impossible)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I like playing ps1 games on my ps5

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the vaunted ps classics lineup

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Its got wild arms and uhhh...

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've never owned a playstation in my life

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've owned 4 playsstation

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the playstation 2 was a good console. ps3 was alright. ps4 had a brief period of being fine before the switch took the jrpg niche from it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kerrzhe posted:

i've never owned a playstation in my life

This isn't something you should be going around and telling folks in public

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i prefer the original "play station": the personal computer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
PS3 was win. PSVita was win. PS4 was a ports machine, PS5 is a ports machine but somehow with even fewer games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are people looking forward to the PS9

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

This isn't something you should be going around and telling folks in public

heh. this guy thinks i go out in public

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071