Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Today on "Ow! My Balls!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Other dudes trying to get that guy to stand up and shake it off like they’re telling him “don’t tell Mom”

I vaguely remember a paintball safety briefing which went "if you get shot in the balls, try not to double up and tense because it makes it worse, jump about instead." Is there any sense in that?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Z the IVth posted:

I vaguely remember a paintball safety briefing which went "if you get shot in the balls, try not to double up and tense because it makes it worse, jump about instead." Is there any sense in that?

It's at least 50% funnier, yes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I like the part where he almost lands on the chainsaw

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

Sounds like a good way to make yourself a prime target for another paintball to the nuts.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Z the IVth posted:

If I got hit in the nuts with a whole rear end tree, I guarantee standing and jumping would not be an option. My only hope would be that my tears have magical healing properties.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Which one of you is this?

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

LifeSunDeath posted:

I like the part where he almost lands on the chainsaw

That looked like fun! What's the problem? Pour the man a glass of wine!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

PurpleXVI posted:

I feel sorry for all that ivy getting killed there, I think buildings always look prettier with it.

Mind, I'm pretty amazed that it just all snaps off like that, I thought the mechanism was gonna give before the ivy was.

As someone who has had to deal with the aftermath of ivy really getting into a wall and roof, gently caress that plant forever.

Such a destructive bastard weed.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I have a Gorilla from the Brookfield Zoo that one of those machines made in front of me back in 1971.

I had the dolphin from that zoo but I lost it in a move at some point. Last time I went they didn't have the machine and also the rhino was standing with his back to us showing his whole rear end and my group got tired of me singing "lemme see dat rhino butt" after a half hour or so.

That's OSHA for you.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Lead chat was a few pages back, but knowing what a drop of water can do in a pot of molten metal, hearing that people drop molten metal into water feels inherently wrong. You'd really, really not want to mix up which is the safe one to add to which.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Lead chat was a few pages back, but knowing what a drop of water can do in a pot of molten metal, hearing that people drop molten metal into water feels inherently wrong. You'd really, really not want to mix up which is the safe one to add to which.

Do as you ought-er, add molten lead to water

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qybStWdYcs

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Devor posted:

Do as you ought-er, add molten lead to water

:hmmyes:

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender
A gruesome compilation of model train-fuckling, set to a great candidate for the new OSHA theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmCA2yJHGfs

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Those bastards!

https://twitter.com/GalvinAlmanza/status/1558848857403846656

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

how much did casting/handling musket balls back in the day also give people boomer brain?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

LifeSunDeath posted:

how much did casting/handling musket balls back in the day also give people boomer brain?

Probably not that much, because even if you died of "natural" causes, you were probably dead by like 50 or so.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Driver says they hit a turkey:

https://i.imgur.com/bAHxCqM.mp4

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Cat Hatter posted:

he did a surface dive to the bottom of the ~7ft pool, jumped back to the furnace

That's a pretty :black101: pool you were lifeguarding

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Scarodactyl posted:

This is really cool. I actually recently started buying scrap gallium aluminum gadolinium garnet crystals for use as gems--in industry it has a similar role, absorbing high energy radiation and emitting easier to detect/easier to handle (fluorescence/phosphorescence). In a gem context it means you have an insanely fluorescent dayglow gem which also glows in the dark.

.Modern industrial crystals are just amazing

This was like two months ago, but where do you get these and do you know if they ship to Canada?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Birds are so dirty and leave great prints. I've had a few birds hit my window and leave absolutely perfect and highly detailed images of themselves on the window. They were all fine too!

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

Just so you know, the police can read these forums just fine.

Plenty of substances cause antabus reactions with alcohol.

Hehe, I know. I was trying to come up with a way to ice this prankster without anyone else in the building being affected :c00l:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Laopooh posted:

Hehe, I know. I was trying to come up with a way to ice this prankster without anyone else in the building being affected :c00l:

This is just a Chinese elevator isn't it?

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

ilmucche posted:

This is just a Chinese elevator isn't it?

Hmm, maybe? I live in an apartment building in Oakland Chinatown. Is it like the elevator I Ching or something?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No 4th floor. That's what everyone is going off of.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Laopooh posted:

Hmm, maybe? I live in an apartment building in Oakland Chinatown. Is it like the elevator I Ching or something?

Missing ‘4’ is a Chinese thing.

I don’t believe that pushing all the buttons is.

P.S.: Modern elevator controllers can ameliorate this problem with “gently caress you. You can only have three floors queued at a time”.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Laopooh posted:

The number 4 is bad luck so some buildings in China/chinese neighbourhoods will skip 4 like how some streets will skip house number 13 in NA

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Ohh, haha yeah spot on about skipping the unlucky 4th floor

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

LifeSunDeath posted:

Unless you worked in a shot tower, your atmospheric and environmental lead exposure level would be vastly lower than the leaded gas era.

Here's a fun thought: every one of us has microplastics in us. What health effects do you think those are having?

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

ilmucche posted:

The number 4 is bad luck so some buildings in China/chinese neighbourhoods will skip 4 like how some streets will skip house number 13 in NA

This also inflates the number of floors it has so the building sounds more impressive than it actually is

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TaylorOgan/status/1559153309067485185

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ziv Zulander posted:

This also inflates the number of floors it has so the building sounds more impressive than it actually is

Trump Tower Manhattan just straight‐up skips ten floors. What’s right above the nineteenth floor? Why, it’s the thirtieth.

The Thing, but the titular creature is revealed because a Tesla stops for it.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/GovNuclear/status/1556782853236604929

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Xakura posted:

That's a pretty :black101: pool you were lifeguarding
:dumb: "Maybe just this once I won't bother to meticulously reread my post to make sure my phone's keyboard didn't get any ideas"

If this isn't a joke, what is the middle adapter doing?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

ToxicFrog posted:

This was like two months ago, but where do you get these and do you know if they ship to Canada?
I sell them and shipping to Canada is no problem. I have them on my etsy page but I can make a better deal for a goon if you'll PM me with what you're after.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Scarodactyl posted:

I sell them and shipping to Canada is no problem. I have them on my etsy page but I can make a better deal for a goon if you'll PM me with what you're after.

Will do once I stare at them for a bit and figure out exactly what I want, thanks!

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

you can leverage an infant's natural ability to swim/float and extend that to cover the dangerous time between when an infant can naturally swim and a small child is taught to swim. it's called survival swimming and it something you can do for toddlers in case they fall into water or something, they won't simply drown

content warning: screaming child in pool (the child is fine)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJUdZX_22s

It's called ISR. (infant self, or swim rescue) It's a highly effective program that generally runs a half hour a day for 6 or so weeks. We have an in ground pool and we put both our kids through it when they were each 6 months old. It was quite shocking to watch at first but both kids by the time they were done with the class could be tossed in fully clothed and pop up on their backs and float. They're 7 and 10 now and just own at swimming in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

wiegieman posted:

Here's a fun thought: every one of us has microplastics in us. What health effects do you think those are having?

Mis-firing brains and all other organs to varying effect.