Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pattis just now filed a motion to disqualify the judge from his show cause hearing tomorrow.

https://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=23358319

For someone who doesn't understand legalese, what is Pattis trying to argue? That the judge is obviously biased against him because the judge is holding him accountable for his own actions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

The last thing on the TX docket was the judge's order denying Reynal's motion to enforce protective order to cover his rear end from his fuckup. She just sharpied over his language, wrote denied, and signed it.

Where can you find the filings list for the 459th district court? I've been searching and can't find anything

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

KitConstantine posted:

Where can you find the filings list for the 459th district court? I've been searching and can't find anything

They’re not publicly viewable. You can view the docket at https://www.traviscountytx.gov/district-clerk/online-case-information but won’t be able to see the documents themselves without an account.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I'm not a lawyer, what kind of a hearing is a show cause hearing, usually? Will it be the defense saying a bunch of nonsense, the judge saying denied, and everybody going home? Or will it be the judge yelling at the defense for all of the many crimes that they've committed?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Froghammer posted:

I'm not a lawyer, what kind of a hearing is a show cause hearing, usually? Will it be the defense saying a bunch of nonsense, the judge saying denied, and everybody going home? Or will it be the judge yelling at the defense for all of the many crimes that they've committed?

A show cause hearing is literally a judge saying “get in front of me and show me good cause why I should not sanction you for your actions.”

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mr. Nice! posted:

A show cause hearing is literally a judge saying “get in front of me and show me good cause why I should not sanction you for your actions.”

I think he’s got this

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think he’s got this

Yes, but who got Capone?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think it was the ICP.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
In this case Reynal is probably in more trouble than Pattis, but Pattis is gonna get more ire cause he keeps loving around.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Randalor posted:

For someone who doesn't understand legalese, what is Pattis trying to argue? That the judge is obviously biased against him because the judge is holding him accountable for his own actions?

I think he knows it's doomed, he's just trying to create a justification for an appeal later. "See how biased this judge was?" He knows he can't win, so he's trying to string things out long enough that the plaintiffs give up. He's hoping that the appeals court will somehow miss how much of an obstructionist rear end he's being.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Agents are GO! posted:

Yes, but who got Capone?

I dunno who got Capone, but Capone got Geraldo pretty good.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

He's just hoping Alex Jones will dies so he can back out of this mess.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

goatface posted:

I think it was the ICP.

Having to perp-walk to The Oddities is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

sweet geek swag posted:

I think he knows it's doomed, he's just trying to create a justification for an appeal later. "See how biased this judge was?" He knows he can't win, so he's trying to string things out long enough that the plaintiffs give up. He's hoping that the appeals court will somehow miss how much of an obstructionist rear end he's being.

This has nothing to do with the plaintiffs. This is between the judge and the attorneys. Pattis has defense counsel. Arguing against him will be the lawyers for the state disciplinary board.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah this is a legal thing, not a civil. He can’t wait it out

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

This has nothing to do with the plaintiffs. This is between the judge and the attorneys. Pattis has defense counsel. Arguing against him will be the lawyers for the state disciplinary board.
Pattis's argument that 'punishing me will mean that Alex Jones has no defense council' seems interesting.

How likely is it that disciplinary action would result in Pattis being removed from the case? Seems unlikely given that the Judge wasn't willing to release him as counsel for Jones before this

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Cthulu Carl posted:

I dunno who got Capone, but Capone got Geraldo pretty good.

Yeah, Geraldo got Capwned.

(Apologies to ERB.)

KitConstantine posted:

Pattis's argument that 'punishing me will mean that Alex Jones has no defense council' seems interesting.

How likely is it that disciplinary action would result in Pattis being removed from the case? Seems unlikely given that the Judge wasn't willing to release him as counsel for Jones before this

The punishment will be that he has to represent Jones forever. You've seen the corpse synod, welcome to the corpse advocate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

KitConstantine posted:

That argument holds no grounds. The jury won’t be told about attorney discipline matters, and he won’t be removed from the case.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

UCS Hellmaker posted:

single response from the judge filed 5 minutes later

Eat poo poo directly from my rear end in a top hat you gently caress because I will see you tomorrow where I rip your head off

Sonyou have to send a motion to dismiss the judge to the judge you're trying to dismiss? Is a judge ever going to say " thats right, I should be dismissed " ?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Sonyou have to send a motion to dismiss the judge to the judge you're trying to dismiss? Is a judge ever going to say " thats right, I should be dismissed " ?

Sometimes, yeah.

Kim Blandino, weirdo vexatious litigant in Nevada, had like 8 judges recuse themselves because he kept suing them and bringing motions to recuse.

But importantly, you have to make the motion to the judge first, to be able to bring it up to his boss on appeal. If you don't ask him to dismiss himself, you don't get to appeal that question (as the motion points out).

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Devor posted:

Sometimes, yeah.

Kim Blandino, weirdo vexatious litigant in Nevada, had like 8 judges recuse themselves because he kept suing them and bringing motions to recuse.

But importantly, you have to make the motion to the judge first, to be able to bring it up to his boss on appeal. If you don't ask him to dismiss himself, you don't get to appeal that question (as the motion points out).

I'm sure those Judges saw it as like a get out of jail free card for themselves and not having to deal with him.

Like when Scientology defeated the IRS by individually filing thousands of personal lawsuits.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Lots of times judges will recuse themselves. I’ve had a judge offer to recuse themselves because they went to law school with opposing counsel.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
Hey guys! Did you know that everybody that isn't AJ and his thralls are satanists and pedophiles?! It's like somebody scraped off my eyelids!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Plan R posted:

Hey guys! Did you know that everybody that isn't AJ and his thralls are satanists and pedophiles?! It's like somebody scraped off my eyelids!

This sounds like you are trying to tell me something about yourself

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Devor posted:

weirdo vexatious litigant

I think I found my AJ pet prediction.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Plan R posted:

"Did you ever take the LORD'S name in vain? That's what I thought, you vile heathen. And did you ever look in a mirror while naked as a child? Exactly, you sick freak. Bing bong everyone is a satanic pedophile."

Probably how Alex Jones would defend it.

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo

Randalor posted:

"Did you ever take the LORD'S name in vain? That's what I thought, you vile heathen. And did you ever look in a mirror while naked as a child? Exactly, you sick freak. Bing bong everyone is a satanic pedophile."

Probably how Alex Jones would defend it.

Seriously. I've been mainlining "Knowledge Fight" and if you're up against Gay Commie Vampires I can understand the froth!

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Newest Opening Arguments had a discussion about punitive caps. Hope this link works.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9vcGVuYXJncy5jb20vZmVlZC8/episode/NzNmZWM4MmEtZmJlMy00YTIxLTg5ZDctZjgxZDA0ODVjMjE3?ep=14

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Mr. Nice! posted:

I missed this because I wasn't tracking a connecticut federal bankruptcy action, but the CT plaintiffs got their remand from bankruptcy court.

I have not finished reading through this, but it looks like things are about to start moving in CT besides the disciplinary hearings tomorrow.

https://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=23357462

Mr. Nice! posted:

Nothing is happening today. The case was just formally remanded back to the CT court today from bankruptcy court. There will be show cause hearings tomorrow against attorneys Reynal and Pattis for leaking confidential information. Jury selection resumes on the 18th in CT case.

Pattis just now filed a motion to disqualify the judge from his show cause hearing tomorrow.

https://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/DocumentInquiry/DocumentInquiry.aspx?DocumentNo=23358319
Neither of these Connecticut sites resolve for me... is there a mirror? (The Travis County one does, just not the CT ones)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Cable Guy posted:

Neither of these Connecticut sites resolve for me... is there a mirror? (The Travis County one does, just not the CT ones)

You could try going to the case website here and see if you can get to the documents there.

Speaking of, a couple new motions from the plaintiff's lawyers, asking for Alex to answer questions to which he was non-responsive in depositions, as well several files known to exist that Alex has so far refused to produce (specifically, the agreement between Free Speech Systems and PQPR, and the Google analytics info about advertisements on about Sandy Hook on Infowars)

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Stream for the hearing is up, the actual hearing should be starting in half an hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd5GPfS1Pgs

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Looks like things have started already

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
And we got Reynal! Which my autocorrect now recognized oh nooo

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Old timers struggling with video call.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Never been more jazzed to watch a Teams call

Not even a webex

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Also WOW Reynal looks like John Mulaney, I could kind of see that casting

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

When the judge calls your conduct as counsel requiring 4 disciplinary hearings 'shocking' and 'unprecedented' is that...good??

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is just scheduling for Reynal - the Pattis show is the real fun that starts at 10:30.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

KitConstantine posted:

When the judge calls your conduct as counsel requiring 4 disciplinary hearings 'shocking' and 'unprecedented' is that...good??

"Counsel, your snickerdoodles are shockingly delicious and it's an unprecedented explosion of flavor in my mouth! Case dismissed!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I feel like Reynal is going to play dumb about most of this because Jones' adjacent people seem to struggle with specifics and details like she is asking for. It's going to make her furious.