Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wish airmech had been a better game. I love the Herzog Zwei/Airmech concept a lot more than the DotA/LoL/Dota 2 style of battle arena rts games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Soooo video games can only ever be murder simulators, or murder mysteries? Vile medium

Among Us is the alpha and the omega of video games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeXReX posted:

Chun LI using a lightsaber and riding nimbus rules so hard I feel bad for people who look at that awesome combination of cool things and go "this sucks, actually"

i love Brand!!! i recognise Brand!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yall im over here having a nerdgasm watching iron man pog and drink blue milk with capt crunch... im thinking this is the most epic win ive ever seen... mayhaps next they add a bacon narwahl?? :D

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Stux posted:

yall im over here having a nerdgasm watching iron man pog and drink blue milk with capt crunch... im thinking this is the most epic win ive ever seen... mayhaps next they add a bacon narwahl?? :D

I can only hope, it sounds like fun

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is the narwhal a reference to

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it was the meme animal immediately before the capybara

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Branded stuff I like is pog but branded stuff I hate is cringe.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Much like SA had the whole "do you have stairs in your house?" thing, Reddit had "the narwhal bacons at midnight" because it was the late 00s and non-sequiturs were the height of internet comedy.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mutata posted:

Branded stuff I like is pog but branded stuff I hate is cringe.

All brands are poison... even the ones I like

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Stux posted:

You are being very combative today.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cows are probably my favorite branded thing

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Stux posted:

does someone have a copy of that post where its someones birthday and all the video game characters are there

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
look I'm just gonna say it

smash has too many characters

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Looper posted:

Swords

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

take out every fire emblem character from smash that isn't marth or ike

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I like Roy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

grieving for Gandalf posted:

take out every fire emblem character from smash that isn't marth or ike

and replace them with Blades from Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
roy can stay

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

xb3 is so good

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gripweed posted:

today?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I think it is cool that Warzone has Kiefer Sutherland and Warzone AND Mk have Mr. Rambo.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the only good character in smash is piranha plant

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think smash lost its way as soon as it included cloud (strife), noted non-Nintendo man

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

It's extremely middling

hatty posted:

It’s alright, it’s episode count got cut partway through so it’s only 39 episodes and feels kinda messy towards the end but I’m glad I watched it

Well, that sounds better than Narrative and Hathaway's Flash still at least

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

I think smash lost its way as soon as it included cloud (strife), noted non-Nintendo man

at least he was in the kingdom hearts gba game

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

All brands are poison... even the ones I like

This but only for the stuff I don't already like though.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Looper posted:

instead of announcing new characters nintendo should start having big surprise trailers for who is going to be removed next

first on the chopping block: yoshi

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Dude shoulda paid his taxes

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

grieving for Gandalf posted:

at least he was in the kingdom hearts gba game

KH is responsible for so much of the misery in the world... sigh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's not really feasible since it's a mascot crossover fighting game but it'd be interesting to see a street fighter 3 situation with smash where they have an almost entirely new roster with only a couple of returning vets.

Like, not sure who would even make the cut for that.

e:

Gripweed posted:

Today?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

AlphaKeny1 posted:

does someone have a copy of that post where its someones birthday and all the video game characters are there
here have a decade's worth of Gamemaster Anthony celebrations
https://medium.com/@jimpjorps/the-saga-of-gamemaster-anthonys-birthdays-33-43-2dabc5be6d93

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

deep sigh

I'll always keep coming back

One day I hope you learn to love yourself, friend

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
let's all love lane

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i watched the first "book" of the Dota anime and while i was pretty confused on what the hell was actually going on, i like the main character and i like all the big dragons and stuff. i'm a big fan of big monsters. i shall continue watching it on the morrow

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i watched the first "book" of the Dota anime and while i was pretty confused on what the hell was actually going on, i like the main character and i like all the big dragons and stuff. i'm a big fan of big monsters. i shall continue watching it on the morrow

the impression i got from most people is that it's a perfectly good anime that relies on you already being at least passingly familiar with everyone there to be able to track it

not the worst sin for a fantasy anime to have and certainly not an uncommon one, though, so glad you're enjoying it regardless

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did any of you ever play airmech or herzog zwei?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have not played DOTA2. I think I once installed and attempted a bot training session in League, and that is my grand foray into that sort of game. :)

I finished Majora's Mask last night :D Did the final boss both the easy way and the more difficult way first time. I had more difficulty curling up into the goron speed ball and rolling down a straight stone road than the last boss.

All in all, one of the best games ever made. Certainly my second favourite time loop game!

The best thing about playing these great games so long after the fact, is all the lore and baggage they carry via the years of seeing people praise them finally settles into my own brain and I can smile with the knowledge that was always there suddenly unlocked for me too. A lot like Outer Wilds. ;)

This Friday I attempt for a few hours Super Mario 64. This is going to be tough.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on! Love Mario 64, and agreed for sure it's nice finding you dig a thing later on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress I totally forgot about the Veeg stream :negative: