Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

and what really makes it funny is that all of the diehard star citizen people including derek smart are the ones who actually donated to star citizen and even after they got a refund they couldnt let it go lol

One of the mods of the Star Citizen forum had posted about getting a $500+ refund from the game (did not clarify if this was a full refund) and once sent Chris Roberts a six-pack of home-brewed beer as a thank you for making Star Citizen before turning on the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

One of the mods of the Star Citizen forum had posted about getting a $500+ refund from the game (did not clarify if this was a full refund) and once sent Chris Roberts a six-pack of home-brewed beer as a thank you for making Star Citizen before turning on the game

lmao incredible

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

lol

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Didn’t Louisgod doxx a literal child because said child owned him on Twitter.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Quick mod note unrelated to star citizen:

After due consideration with the admin team and fellow PYF mods, it's been decided that threadbans are to be put on hold until and unless absolutely necessary. This will have retroactive effect, which means that the threadbans on both Kirbykhan and Harold Fjord are lifted.

We don't expect to do threadbans in the near future unless the circumstances require, which hopefully is never.

The strict moratorium on matters within the year is not lifted and therefore discussion on current events is still discouraged.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hey, you folks remember that time The Saddest Rhino posted about how they were getting rid of threadbans? Man that was wild.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Gotta account for inflation.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Quick mod note unrelated to star citizen:

After due consideration with the admin team and fellow PYF mods, it's been decided that threadbans are to be put on hold until and unless absolutely necessary. This will have retroactive effect, which means that the threadbans on both Kirbykhan and Harold Fjord are lifted.

We don't expect to do threadbans in the near future unless the circumstances require, which hopefully is never.

The strict moratorium on matters within the year is not lifted and therefore discussion on current events is still discouraged.

this is the right choice imo thread bans and forum bans are fail

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I'm an important member on the ShrekFAQS discussion board, and if you mess with Shrek, you mess with us.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It's gotten so bad though. Sonic the Hedgehog games actually cost double what they used to. Google "Sonic the Hedgehog inflation" for more information.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey, you folks remember that time The Saddest Rhino posted about how they were getting rid of threadbans? Man that was wild.
Hasn't been a year, idiot. Mods please threadban this poster.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Can't wait to talk about this in a year

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

drat looks like one thread didn’t get the memo lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I don't know what the betting line would be on "QCS rage threads over X issue" normally is but I'm definitely taking -1500 on everything being calm.

(I don't know how gambling works)

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
"Dear Furries, we were wrong" still makes me lol every time I see what's left of the front page.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
For real though how much work does it take to fix this site they still haven't got around to the Front Page.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Just get rid of that poo poo for real

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
It's the only time anyone's ever called me dear

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

It's the only time anyone's ever called me dear

and not the good kind, like you want

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
honestly no one uses the front page, putting any effort into fixing it is just sunk cost based on a vague nostalgic idea that SA is "supposed" to have one. it should have been deleted years ago

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Leal posted:

Can't wait to talk about this in a year

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Anyone remember the couch surfer that turned out to be a sex pest?

some plague rats posted:

That would be c-spam superstar Taintrunner. The couch he was surfing on belonged to Sady Doyle, the insane twitter person who popularized the idea of the Bernie Bro, making TR basically patient zero for the entire idea

Kazinsal posted:

correct, at the request of the goon(s) directly involved in that one we shoved it into the memory hole out of respect for the goon and his family directly victimized by it. that plus the dude's final rapsheet entry should be enough to explain what happened there.

"Couch surfing sex pest" is at least 3 off the top of my head.

Taintrunner was the C-Spam regular who had the aggro gimmick who was outed by someone as being a sex pest. He had previously couch surfed with Whoever Doyle.

14Inch was the truck guy who tried to revive that stupid Jeep or whatever and got taken in by someone and lived in their yard until unspecified extremely serious poo poo happened with the hosting goons.

The third one is where a goon was traveling across the country on a motorcycle and was couch surfing and staying at various other thread poser's houses when they volunteered. One of the volunteers happened to be a woman and more extremely serious poo poo happened. I think this one specifically involved yet another mod scandal due to their response to the victim.

Rectal Death Adept fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 17, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
*Jude Doyle.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

very rich Condé Nast heiress who is/was terminally online. also white, which is notable because TB loved to hold forth on the struggles of being a black woman

Wait, so TB was white? :lol:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

14 INCH was the same guy who drove across the country to Key West to, iirc, get a job with another goon's dad, and then worked at a campsite or something when that fell through, I think? I didn't follow most of that saga, but I got the vibe that he was one of those perennial lost causes that got a lot of support from his subforum, and it's really tragic that ended how it did.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!
they say that taintrunner posts among us to this day

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

*Jude Doyle.

is it dead naming them if the time your talking about was before they changed names

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
^^^ I believe so, yes.

croup coughfield posted:

they say that taintrunner posts among us to this day

Couldn't help but to out yourself, could you?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 58 days!

Paladinus posted:

^^^ I believe so, yes.

Couldn't help but to out yourself, could you?

im my own kind of dipshit but ill never rival that one

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Paladinus posted:

^^^ I believe so, yes.

I would imagine it depends upon the person. Just ask them how they feel about it and what you should do

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Frank Frank posted:

I would imagine it depends upon the person. Just ask them how they feel about it and what you should do

Yeah it's this. I've asked more than a few of my friends and ex's and get different answers everywhere.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think the important part is we defend the honor of the bpd Twitter person personally

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
someone, in the future: there was a frontpage?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
CSPAM closes at midnight

Jeffery of YOSPOS posted:

Well everyone, I'll keep this short. It's been a fun ride. But since The Troubles of 2019 and 2020, and now with the issues we had today, I've been feeling less and less like keeping CSPAM around. At midnight tonight (Pacific time), the following changes will be made:

• Most CSPAM threads will be archived into a forum similar to the Goodmine. I'm thinking of calling it the Post Gulag but I'm willing to take suggestions.
  • Active megathreads will be moved to D&D and will be subject to D&D rules and moderation.
  • We will be returning the following mods to D&D: Lightning Knight
  • All other mods and IKs will be demodded
  • Politics chat will be allowed once again in GBS if you don't want to post in D&D (understandable)

I will leave this thread open for comment until midnight. Say your farewells, kiss your loved ones, and reminisce on the good times.

I'm asking people not to complain about CSPAM being deleted here. Keep this thread positive. Just quote your favorite CSPAM posts or images or whatever and let's all remember the good parts of CSPAM and the stuff that made us laugh. I'm proud to have worked with all of you and I wish you good luck in your posting futures.

so why the most popular subforum is being deleted at midnight?

Hodgepodge posted:

hi jeff, you cite unspecified trouble today in your decision

most of us have no idea what you're talking about and note a distinct lack of the maturity and thoughtful communication present when making controversial decisions before you owned the forums

i mean i guess i expected you to eventually gently caress up and make mistakes, but nice job going full total hypocrite in less than a month. going straight to a meltdown where you assert the place as your personal fiefdom is a bold move.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Haha I forgot about that

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

`Nemesis posted:

if that's the same guy i'm thinking of, he was a seattle meth head who undertook a cross country journey to live in another goons driveway (in a shitbox pop up camper) to bring an ancient truck to life. that all went great it seemed, then he suddenly got perma'd. something about a sexual assault was what little i got out of it.

wait was this the dude who was like building fires in the back of the box truck?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

wait was this the dude who was like building fires in the back of the box truck?

no, I think that was the truck freak whose idea of healthy living was cutting back from two buckets of kfc a day to just one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Since they are threads, I'll post them and the relevant quick info so we can stop talking about the goons who attempted to rape someone and then cried about their sad situation to the forums.

Skeezed a girl out after she trusted me, feel like poo poo about it

Forum user Tsaven Nava posts under an alt, some long sob story about misreading signals and trying to be funny. Goons are debating back and forth whether or not it was assault (lol it absolutely was by his own words) and eventually Becktastic shows up, the victim, to blow up the thread by calling him out for making an alt hoping she'd see it and calling out his bullshit. Certain goons still take OP's side and one even commenting "well I hope you learned your lesson" to the victim.

GI Joe Dirtbag: Rapist

Title sums it up, but it was a long helldump post about Dirtbag that got the OP banned, and then the victim posted in the thread and was permabanned for 'causing drama' with this.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=145673

quote:

Hey thanks for joining today to post some drama. That was a poor decision, but probably as not as bad as inviting a guy named "GI JOE DIRTBAG" into your house. I am glad you didn't get raped though, take care!!

Taintrunner was accused publicly in a thread, which was later removed, by Trash Ops who avoided any 'doxxing' sanctions because he had PM'd the info to admins weeks prior and nothing had been done.

Trash Ops posted:

edited to remove doxxing info

Also a hearty lol that someone immediately made a QCS thread to flip out over the perma without checking why

Rescind taintrunner's permaban