Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I just started yet another playthrough, this time I finally went in and cranked up all the stats in my save file to see how far off the rails everything gets. So far I just can’t get as much stuff done because every skill is constantly yammering away.

Also, I’m thinking about getting “Un jour je serai de retour près de toi” tattooed on me; it’s such an incredibly hopeful sentiment. Also lighting the graffiti of it on fire was one of my favorite scenes in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Wolfsheim posted:

No idea what I did wrong but I tagged inland empire (on a whim, it sounded cool) and my necktie never spoke to me?

You need at least 4 in Inland Empire when starting the game for him to talk to you. (this includes starting with 3 in psy and IE signature, of course)

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Necronomicon posted:

I just started yet another playthrough, this time I finally went in and cranked up all the stats in my save file to see how far off the rails everything gets. So far I just can’t get as much stuff done because every skill is constantly yammering away.

Also, I’m thinking about getting “Un jour je serai de retour près de toi” tattooed on me; it’s such an incredibly hopeful sentiment. Also lighting the graffiti of it on fire was one of my favorite scenes in the game.

I've done one playthrough with souped-up stats, it really isn't that important if you're already playing with metaknowledge. It's nice to see some passive checks you'll probably miss in other playthroughs though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I never got the tie in my first playthrough. Its probably still spinning long after my Harrier left.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Aug 10, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Necronomicon posted:

It's funny to think about how much time passes in that playthrough where Harry is staring off into silence as every skill pipes in with their .02 real

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

christmas boots posted:

It's funny to think about how much time passes in that playthrough where Harry is staring off into silence as every skill pipes in with their .02 real

There are a few points I think where Kim calls you out for staring into space while your thoughts all fight with each other. It’s such a great pseudo-fourth wall break.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Started playing this again after I beat it 3 times last year. Went with a hi Psy/Mot communist. Was planning on save scumming s bunch of stuff but goddamn have I hit every check so far. Thinking about seeing if I can wreck Measurehead with 1 Physical.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the tie didn't interact at any point in my first playthrough, so the second time was a delight

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I've heard it twice now and I believe the neck-tie is not my friend and will lead me to ruin

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I've heard it twice now and I believe the neck-tie is not my friend and will lead me to ruin

wrong, it will lead you to GLORY bratan

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Sit on my Jace posted:

I can't speak for all Americans but the homage came through quite clearly for me. Similarly the name "Arno van Eyck" alone evoked the image of a very specific sort of DJ.

A name that always gave me Armin van Buren + Jan van Eyck vibes

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The neck-tie only wants the best for you.

Unfortunately, the road to hell is sometimes paved with good intentions...

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

https://twitter.com/YourAverageJoke/status/1557229246459920385?s=20&t=N4uORp3of9Un8lUzzntaaA

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:kimchi:

I would pet cat-Harry. Then immediately wash and disinfect my hands.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Aug 11, 2022

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Bloody Pom posted:

:kimchi:

I would pet cat-Harry. Then immediately wash and disinfect my hands.

Never wash.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Does the Leopard Bodysuit change any stats?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
No, it's just a replacement for your normal naked appearance and another reference to Harry's past.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

You didn't think to turn off a spinning fan before reaching for something hanging off it?

Turning off the fan makes the room 75% less noir, so I try to avoid doing that if at all possible.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
https://mobile.twitter.com/burgerdrome/status/1557225827993268225

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Wow, 45 whole minutes!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

6 purple, 4 red
Harrier will crack your head

Caufman
May 7, 2007
As a favor to players, this game should be autosaving before talking to new people like it's a boss fight.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Don Pigeon posted:

Wow, 45 whole minutes!!

If that's most of the time you can play during a day, that's quite an annoyance. The game should probably warn you that it follows old school rpg rules, and that quicksaving every few minutes is just best practice.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
the one good thing about the Switch version crashing constantly is that I saved a lot. (it no longer crashes after an update.)

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
I died a total of ONCE during my initial playthrough by not grabbing Kim for that bit where you're alone in the building. I can see how the fan could get someone with low stats, but sheesh.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

:perfect:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

powerful

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Still on my first run through the game after not being able to play for like 2 months. I've started day 5 and I finally found that loving cryptozoologist in the last corner of the map I hadn't explored yet. Got the leopard bodysuit and only .5% of players have the achievement so lots of people are missing out.

Dialed some random numbers and then a very long number and Harry was not ready for that :ohdear:

Still need to figure out how to open the freezer and how to get the password for the radiocomputer, could use a bit of a hint there actually. Explored the church and I gotta say this Dolores Dei character seems a bit like this world's Joe Stalin so far.

Oh and I successfully rid Harry of The Expression but no way am I giving up the muttonchops, they go perfectly with my Dick Mullen hat

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Is the freezer still plugged in?

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
No but it's telling me I need a stronger tool than what I have and I haven't found anything useful so far.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
The researcher lady might have something you can borrow

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

christmas boots posted:

The researcher lady might have something you can borrow

I don't think I've met her, just when I thought I had explored everywhere. The game world is really quite big.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Re-reading your earlier post I think you may need to go back to the church and look around a bit more

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

holy poo poo

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
Haven't looked at the thread in a couple days, that image is more amazing every time I see it.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Whoever voices Idiot Doom Spiral is the best voice actor.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

What does the tie do at the tribunal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

What does the tie do at the tribunal?

friendship hath no tie greater than this