Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Well I wasn't using image search but even some of yours are breaded

I think it's just a regionally variant term, like sausage

And no Americans involved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I feel like there's a real gulf between the recipe title and the picture that pops up on this one

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
burgin', vibin', stayin' in my lane.

pizza is a loving sandwich though.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

LifeSunDeath posted:

pizza is a loving sandwich though.

It was created as a way for the Earl of Pizza to eat Italian food while he played card games.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

I feel like there's a real gulf between the recipe title and the picture that pops up on this one

"Light and easy eating" "hearty" betty crocker has gone mad.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Bloop posted:

Well I wasn't using image search but even some of yours are breaded

I think it's just a regionally variant term, like sausage

And no Americans involved!

You are both right, they are usually rolled in breadcrumbs, which means they are technically breaded, but not breaded breaded

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

steinrokkan posted:

they are usually rolled in breadcrumbs

No they're not? Sometimes they have breadcrumbs in them, but not on the outside.

https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/old-fashioned-beef-rissoles/47bca051-ee98-4466-8841-f47da6895eaf
https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/beef-rissoles-and-mash-23363
https://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipes/beef-rissoles-recipe-2/18gjwi77
https://www.recipetineats.com/rissoles/

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

OwlFancier posted:

I kinda want to try these, to add to the repertoire of weird dried blood products I have eaten.

Have you tried paltbröd? Rye flatbread with blood. :sweden:

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

in America we have the freedom to decide what is sausage. foolish Euros labor under the heavy yoke of the German sausage lords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPcN3U1TRSw

Europe has many fine sausages outside of Germany. UK and Irish ones are particularly good. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that German sausages are the wurst.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Amazingly, the entire English-speaking world does not follow Australian culinary definitions, who would have thought it? :nsavince:

Maybe we can do the chips/crisps/fries thing again; we haven’t had that derail for quite a while.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Let's go back to the parm one so we can all be disgusted by everyone else's nation again

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Shut up and eat your coddle

Pookah has a new favorite as of 14:33 on Aug 18, 2022

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tiggum posted:

Americans looking at a rissole: This is a sausage.
Americans looking at a hamburger: This is a sandwich.

A nation of lunatics.

What is this:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Corrupted hot dog

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Iron Crowned posted:

What is this:

Unappealing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

What is this:

A miserable little pile of meat trimmings. But enough talk...have at you!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Amazingly, the entire English-speaking world does not follow Australian culinary definitions, who would have thought it? :nsavince:

Maybe we can do the chips/crisps/fries thing again; we haven’t had that derail for quite a while.

have you ever posted content in this thread?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

have you ever posted content in this thread?

It’s a fair question! I posted quite a bit of content in its predecessor, including making, photographing, and eating a gross walnut/egg yolk/lemon sandwich from some terrible church cookbook, but I need to step up my game in this thread.

This from Sport Scran has been haunting me for a few days:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportScran/status/1555219150900953091

It’s “Crushed Oreos and chocolate chip cookies, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and marshmallows – served on French fries.” :gonk:

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Aug 18, 2022

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Lmao at that probe. :discourse:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
How was the “lust for dog murder” guy not perma’d?

(But lmao at the probe)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

This from Sport Scran has been haunting me for a few days:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SportScran/status/1555219150900953091

It’s “Crushed Oreos and chocolate chip cookies, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and marshmallows – served on French fries.” :gonk:

:barf:

that would be a hell of a prank to make someone poutine but use marshmallows instead of curds.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I'm not saying that looks good, but I can at least see some reasoning behind salty fries going with some kind of chocolate/caramel. It feels like it fits in the chocolate covered pretzel ballpark.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

What is this:

not sure why this guy isn't banned tbh

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm not saying that looks good, but I can at least see some reasoning behind salty fries going with some kind of chocolate/caramel. It feels like it fits in the chocolate covered pretzel ballpark.

It’s the marshmallows for me. :douche:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/TrailOfDebt/status/1559629350370164736

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

How many days did they cook that for

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Drinkslinger posted:

How many days did they cook that for

100% freezer burn.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggt35uoAw1Y

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

started out as burger and ended up as black pudding

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

OwlFancier posted:

started out as burger and ended up as black pudding

Is black pudding sausage? It comes in sausage form, but the casing is plastic and it's cooked in slices rather than as a sausage. Same for white pudding, and the erroneously named vegetable roll that's 90% ground meat.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Is black pudding sausage? It comes in sausage form, but the casing is plastic and it's cooked in slices rather than as a sausage. Same for white pudding, and the erroneously named vegetable roll that's 90% ground meat.

Nope, black pudding is blood, oats, plus barley if it is good black pudding. It mostly comes in a plastic case, yeah, but that is always removed before cooking. Fresh black pudding from a butchers comes in slices on a tray.
Some black puddings are smooth in texture, some are more rough, but none of them are at all like sausage.
Personally, I prefer white pudding, specifically the ones that are really grainy and have whole barley in them.
Those are super nice.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Pookah posted:

Nope, black pudding is blood, oats, plus barley if it is good black pudding. It mostly comes in a plastic case, yeah, but that is always removed before cooking. Fresh black pudding from a butchers comes in slices on a tray.
Some black puddings are smooth in texture, some are more rough, but none of them are at all like sausage.
Personally, I prefer white pudding, specifically the ones that are really grainy and have whole barley in them.
Those are super nice.

What about haggis? From an American point of view it seems like something we'd call a kind of sausage, Robert Burns described it as the "great chieftain o' the puddin' race," so I'm assuming British people would say it's a pudding, but what exactly does pudding mean in this context? Also, side note, I remember watching an episode of QI once where one of the guests described attending a Burns Night in Germany where the Ode to the Haggis had been translated into German and then back into English from there, apparently that resulted in the line "mighty fuhrer of the sausage people," which complicates things even further.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pudding is a difficult one to define but the best definition I can give you is "usually boiled, usually in a casing" but sometimes you remove the casing afterwards and sometimes it is edible.

So christmas, pease, steak and kidney, and black are thus united and also thus haggis is most akin to pudding.

Black pudding is fried after being boiled in the case, and pease is removed from the case and eaten as paste, but both are puddings owing to their preparation.

You could describe black pudding as a sausage also though as it is not entirely dissimilar from other blood sausages even if strictly taxonomically it probably should not be counted as one.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Aug 19, 2022

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Today I learned that pease porridge and pease pudding (and pease pottage) are different names for the same thing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

peas are really good, I'm not gonna hate on peas.

door.jar
Mar 17, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

Lmao at that probe. :discourse:

Same probe reason as Morally Inept

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Isn’t pudding also an old fashioned word for dessert in the UK. ’What’s for pudding?’

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

What makes a Yorkshire pudding a pudding then?

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kulkUAUEWrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Blood sausage is one those things I sometimes get a craving for a little bit of, but which I couldn't possibly eat a lot of.