Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

e: unrelated

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Aug 17, 2022

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lmao

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Nice

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like the speech bubble tails making a heart.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Graveyard Quest
Part 4.4

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Everyone is looking at the emperor and he is like shrinking down into his seat

Pregnant women should not handle broken tablets of Zyrelax

Llewellyn Ash knows that You are capable of Wonderful Things

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Knowing what's in the box "Hmmm...Fragrant!" sure is a morbid translation.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Helios Grime posted:

Knowing what's in the box "Hmmm...Fragrant!" sure is a morbid translation.
He just likes the hot dog smell, nothing wrong with that.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

forming time. time for form. there's a new one been posted today, which is awesome - last one was like november last year, the artist has big gaps occasionally due to the demands of the day job.

forming
151-156

last time: lizardnommo killed cain after his power was severely disrupted, and began burrowing into the earth to meet the adversary. ghob's corpse leaked goo and became a minotaur.

noah's back. yaaaaaaaay.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

CJacobs posted:

Based on the author's love for detail I wouldn't be surprised if you don't have to guess, those tailing notes probably somehow are taken from real sheet music. All we need is a scale!

Given the time setting, and that the recordings are discs (introduced in 1892), it's presumably something from the mid 1890s if she had actual music in mind. Something off of this list.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

I've got some bad news for you about what happened to the author during covid lockdown.

End of volume bonus chapter:

So that's volume 1 of The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier. I hope people have been enjoying it! I'm taking a break tomorrow to post something completely different.

Anyone here heard of Dowman Sayman?

The Dragon, the Hero and the Courier returns with volume 2!

Chapter 8: Yoshida, the Adventurer and the Sabbath

A new character! Those aren't ears, by the way, just hair spikes.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Uncle Juju 49
Uncle Juju 50
Uncle Juju 51
Uncle Juju 52
Uncle Juju 53

Uncle Juju 54

Uncle Juju 55

Uncle Juju 56

:smith:

:allears:

Talking character deaths: 10
Deaths altogether: 37+
Scepter of deaths: 7+
Dead vice presidents: 3
Destroyed relationships: 1 (+1)

As an additional thing, I'd like to direct your eyes to some of the snake-themed content seen in this story arc:

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 11:17 on Aug 18, 2022

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

noah's back. yaaaaaaaay.

man that's a lot of green minotaur taint

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fister Roboto posted:

Would you say... too much green minotaur taint?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I saw Bullet Train last night and the well-executed increasingly-violent farce really brought to mind a lot of Thorsby's stuff. Just everyone making faulty assumptions and trying to kill each other in absurd ways, mixed with just enough exposition to explain why the character is there or has a stake in the events. Highly recommended.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Fister Roboto posted:

More like maxotaur taint

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tree Bucket posted:

Would you say... too much green minotaur taint?

never

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Minotaint, as they call it in the biz

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Echophonic posted:

I saw Bullet Train last night and the well-executed increasingly-violent farce really brought to mind a lot of Thorsby's stuff. Just everyone making faulty assumptions and trying to kill each other in absurd ways, mixed with just enough exposition to explain why the character is there or has a stake in the events. Highly recommended.

The book is fantastic too!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Looking over at Stats and I've got about 60% of the users who read my comic on their phones.

I can't remember if I brought this up before, but my comic as it is right now is meant to be read on phones horizontally, and I've been informed that no-one likes to make their phones horizontal. Also even less understood that it was intended to be read horizontal. So I was thinking of doing it thorsby style, Not huge gutters like webtoons with big vertical pictures that convey nothing, but just a comic that's done vertically. I'd like opinions, I think I've asked this before? If so sorry.

Obviously I don't need a ton of people quoting my post, but if you have an opinion, I've got my thread, and I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, just throw a vote if you could? It'd help me decide.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MYCBGC5

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

directly quoting Scott Adams and an interlocutor but I'm sure that's obvious

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Empty Sandwich posted:

All I can think of with this Scott Adams stuff is the time my brother took my niece to the doctor and he took her temperature rectally. My brother asked if that's more accurate and was told "yeah, and it really shows them who's boss".

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Push El Burrito posted:

All I can think of with this Scott Adams stuff is the time my brother took my niece to the doctor and he took her temperature rectally. My brother asked if that's more accurate and was told "yeah, and it really shows them who's boss".

Uhhh what the gently caress

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I can't believe you're posting h*nd-h*lding in a public forum! It's so lewd!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Empty Sandwich posted:

I'm not sure how we haven't seen a gamer Dilbert of that one yet

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Philippe posted:

I can't believe you're posting h*nd-h*lding in a public forum! It's so lewd!

Yeah for all my talk, I don't really follow through on the lewd part. I just think it's way cuter to have the tension build up. They're so confused, their situation is so unique, it's really perfect and weird and exactly the kind of story I want to make.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
CW: animal cruelty - First page has a dog burning to death

Last time on Joey's Special Experience by Hirohiko Archie: God's crying was a ruse to cover up his intent to stab Joost, Mr. Jodocus yells at the two to break up the fight, and the groundskeeper puts a box in the incinerator that turns out to be oddly lively!

Read right to left:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Shirley

No idea what that dance actually is if it's a real dance, I don't know much about that.

Also, Miss Bennett runs her café in a very professional manner.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/hausofdecline/status/1559744725531467776

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Hempuli posted:

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Uncle Juju 53

Apropos of nothing, it's a fun coincidence that the developers of two of my favorite games are posting my current favorite comics in this thread.
Technobabylon and BABA IS YOU are both fantastic.
Thanks for doing such a good job!

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Aug 18, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
I've only seen the memes, but I thought Jojo was that hypercolour comic with lots of low angle shots of fabulous-looking men with cheekbones and avant-garde fashion and magic powers? Not a B&W comic set in the 1800s with waistcoats and pugilism? Are these the same thing, but the art style and setting all change massively over time?

Marks Lemonism
Aug 16, 2022

by Hand Knit

Tree Bucket posted:

I've only seen the memes, but I thought Jojo was that hypercolour comic with lots of low angle shots of fabulous-looking men with cheekbones and avant-garde fashion and magic powers? Not a B&W comic set in the 1800s with waistcoats and pugilism? Are these the same thing, but the art style and setting all change massively over time?

Yep, the art changes in JoJo are huge and Araki doesn't give a poo poo about staying consistent with the style he used like thirty years ago. Almost all manga is black and white, the number of coloured JoJo pages is kind of an exception.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's worth noting that there's hypercolor fashion and poses for part 1 as well, but he usually saves it for covers and stuff

And yeah, part 1 is mainly a story about brothers, the bizarre adventure parts are coming soon (actually already introduced, but by now readers will have mostly forgotten--the mask's activation during the fistfight is a bit of a "hey remember this"). Araki spends a good amount of time on the waistcoast and pugilism to establish Jojo and Dio (sorry, Joost and God), as well as the world, how it was before the fabulous fashion and magic powers start taking over. Most say part 1 is slow for this reason but I think it's pretty crucial for the series as a whole, because it kind of sets the story and emotional context for everything else that happens after.

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 23:13 on Aug 18, 2022

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Also the time period changes between parts and some have modern setting.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Marks Lemonism posted:

Yep, the art changes in JoJo are huge and Araki doesn't give a poo poo about staying consistent with the style he used like thirty years ago. Almost all manga is black and white, the number of coloured JoJo pages is kind of an exception.

I wont say its a matter of consistency, and its not at all sudden. his artstyle and taste slowly shift over the decades from extra-fabulous FotNS to his own, very personal style.

I think there was a post some pages back showing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Kennel posted:

Also the time period changes between parts and some have modern setting.
This too. It's one of my favorite things about the series tbh, each part follows a different Jojo from the family through the decades. Part 1 is set in the 1800s, part 2 follows Joost's grandson in the 1930s, part 3 follows part 2's grandson in the 1980s, etc.

e:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I wont say its a matter of consistency, and its not at all sudden. his artstyle and taste slowly shift over the decades from extra-fabulous FotNS to his own, very personal style.

I think there was a post some pages back showing that
Didn't find the one your were referencing but here's a good one, in color too:

Son of Thunderbeast has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Aug 18, 2022