Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
shoutouts to the time i got in an argument with the entire UKMT for thinking reporting a doctor friend of theirs for having a friend over during lockdown would have been supremely odious and cowardly behavior, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

snitches get stitches op

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Give us the age breakdown

https://twitter.com/IpsosUK/status/1560585319480565763?t=wFweYfwWdi4-3_9I7o9o8w&s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Just in time

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1560610249035223041?t=K222IHJVzGd8XQeTgxHW2A&s=19

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Jose posted:

Give us the age breakdown

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Finally someone is standing up for the landlords

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Leo Varadkar: 'We need to balance that one person's rent is another person's income'
The Taoiseach defended the government’s policy of linking rent increases to inflation.
Sep 21st 2021,

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1560667627306901504
Do it you coward

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

There will be adequate* food†

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Pigeons - Rats with wings or a tasty treat?

Boost your fibre intake - we review 5 delicious sawdust varieties to add to your gruel

Want a meat-free sandwich filler? Why not try paper!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Pigeons - Rats with wings or a tasty treat?
You mean free-range doves?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

This is what it sounds like
When doves fry

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

This is what it sounds like
When doves fry

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

We have a wood pigeon couple in our garden we call Wilma and Fred and I would die before I ate them

And I literally will

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
There's a wood pigeon couple that comes around to our estate every year to eat the berries off the tree outside our kitchen.

I like to shine a laser pointer at one of them to create a red dot on its wing. The other pigeon extends its neck to extreme lengths and stares at it with a bewilderment heretofore unknown in the animal kingdom, much to my amusement

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
https://twitter.com/Johntheduncan/status/1560347730446360576

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This is going to be truly heinously bad

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1560871378143911936?t=535LxB-Ybt24mM44OKyQ6Q&s=19

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

a leveling up secretary but no grinding for epics secretary. the tories have no plan for end game, do they even have a raid static?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lmao wtf levelling up secretary is a real thing

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Suicidal blunt rotation

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

crepeface posted:

it’s a scam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levelling-up_policy_of_the_Boris_Johnson_government

quote:

"Levelling up" is a political policy first articulated in the 2019 Conservative Party manifesto that aims to reduce the imbalances, primarily economic, between areas and social groups across the United Kingdom. It seeks to do so without acting to the detriment of prosperous areas, such as much of South East England.[1] A white paper for the policy was published by Boris Johnson's government on 2 February 2022.[2]

Following the initial announcement of the policy in 2020, a number of think-tanks, charities and politicians criticised the levelling up funds for being insufficient and centrally managed, rather being controlled by regions.[32]

In March 2021, the Industrial Strategy Council, a government watchdog chaired by Andy Haldane, who later became the head of the Levelling Up Taskforce, said the plans were "thinly spread", overly focused on infrastructure spending directed by central government, and lacking detail.[33] It also said the scheme's lack of success criteria would make it hard to determine its impact.[34]

The Financial Times reported that the methodology used by the levelling up scheme to determine which areas would receive funds ignored most standard indicators of poverty, and classified 14 areas with higher-than-average wealth levels as "priority one" regions, ahead of more deprived areas.[35] The report noted that all 14 areas had Conservative Party MPs, and its analysis found that Conservative-voting areas were consistently prioritised over poorer Labour-voting areas.[36] A number of critics accused the government of "pork barrel politics".[13]

Levelling Up Fund spending has been criticised for doubts that small local projects could transform the economy or create long-term jobs, and for not giving devolved governments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland a role in selecting projects.[20] An analysis by The Guardian determined that Conservative Party-run local authorities received a higher per capita grant (£93) from the first tranche of the fund than Labour Party-run local authorities (£65 per capita), with no overall control areas receiving £102 per capita and Liberal Democrat areas £183 per capita. A government spokesperson disputed the analysis, saying the criteria for funding was publicly published.[37]

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Rishi on health, every now and then I forget that nobody has to have any qualifications or expertise at anything they do

it's just the most important departments are given out as treats to the most on telly ministers

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

crepeface posted:

tragically, respec secretary is not

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

braverman as home sec is the stuff of nightmares, not that the current incumbent is any less nightmarish. god I hate this timeline

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Communist Thoughts posted:

Rishi on health, every now and then I forget that nobody has to have any qualifications or expertise at anything they do

it's just the most important departments are given out as treats to the most on telly ministers

Health is the booby prize, it's impossible to make anyone happy in that job so this is Truss' punishment

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

MikeCrotch posted:

Health is the booby prize, it's impossible to make anyone happy in that job so this is Truss' punishment

No it's because he's been working on selling the carcass of the NHS to the US health industry and and can continue to oversee it at Health.

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/rishi-sunak-met-private-us-healthcare-firms-uk-social-care-market-health-nhs-1702556

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

mawarannahr posted:

it’s a scam

well yeah it's part of the UK government

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The British media

https://twitter.com/MrBenSellers/status/1560897644146343939?t=Ny8OzVAllzKE0sYJvOd-SA&s=19
https://twitter.com/SebastianEPayne/status/1560910245874073600?t=GUTQUmDG2j8lniI8jT1uqw&s=19

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I actually agree that he's been the most effective minister, just none of the things he's effective at are good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i am shocked

https://twitter.com/bbcnews/status/1560935612001263618?s=21&t=eWNOXP-s0RtZJMgztEbRtA

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Is this based on anything real?

I can't imagine Truss giving all her opponents cushy positions, seems a bit much, even for Truss.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Private Speech posted:

Is this based on anything real?

I can't imagine Truss giving all her opponents cushy positions, seems a bit much, even for Truss.

It better be, it is too funny to be fake.

The woke-obsessed idiot at Education. The far-right freak who is the only person worse for the job than Priti Patel at Home Secretary, the only person stupider than Liz Truss at Foreign Office, the man who took his nanny out on campaign with him at his first general election in a traditional mining constituency at "Levelling Up", & of course a libertarian nutter who co-authored Britannia Unchained with Truss, Patel & Raab, a book notable for lines like "the British are among the worst idlers in the world. We work among the lowest hours, we retire early and our productivity is poor. Whereas Indian children aspire to be doctors or businessmen, the British are more interested in football and pop music."

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

crepeface posted:

Someone needs to be in charge of destroying infrastructure outside of London

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

rishi would have to be a complete idiot to take up health, especially as doctors and nurses as soon to go on strike once this winters carnage is over

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

rishi would have to be a complete idiot to take up health, especially as doctors and nurses as soon to go on strike once this winters carnage is over

sounds like strikes would be a good excuse for him to sell off the nhs to the Ohio Catholic Hospital Network or w/e

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/Drooan/status/1561040605777723396?s=20&t=nOpwEWbw1CSIsdiP8dZCfA

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

grim new forecast just dropped

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Well at least Priti Pa... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Before the end of the year Liz Truss will be publicly saying how much she wished Boris was allowed to come back and replace her as PM so she can bask in the warm yellow glow of GOTBREXITDONE

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
£60/day. My forecast is £13,000 by January, £18,400 by April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's November 2023 and energy costs 7000 pounds a minute. The government leaps into action with a leaflet to every household telling them to wear a jumper and that cold showers are invigorating