Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

In 2008, most of these people had Mad Men gangtags, were libertarian, and wanted to be Don Draper. Through the natural dwindling userbase, subsequent reclusion of these forums, and the changing tide of social norms, the fetitization of 1960s capitalism evolved into what we see here today.

Instead of badass Don Draper laughing at his stupid secretary because she wants to suck his dick, we have purple webcomic people trading questionable fanart in various discords between correcting each others microaggressions. Instead of Ron Paul we have wet diaper furs spreading the good word of communist dictators and how much it actually kicks rear end to starve to death.

This is all an act and they don't seem to realize it yet. It's extremely weird. But I do look forward to their next act in 5-10 years. I hope goons go all-in with Alex Jones style psychosis. If you don't think there's a pyramid in Antarctica you're a chud, etc. lol, it's gonna kick rear end.

This synthy post still cracks me up every time I'm reminded of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Furries have done more to fight against fascism online than anyone on this website and quite good at pwning blizzard loving chuds too, so maybe tone it down, mkay?

the famously antifascist nazi furs

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Dude who's into motorcylces: fine
Dude who's really really into motorcycles and devotes their whole existence to motorcycles: kinda weird but fine
Dude who wants to gently caress their motorcycle: cringe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fsnP7cD_Ag

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ulvir posted:

the famously antifascist nazi furs

mkay

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Horizon Burning posted:

The time where Dan Olsen aka Folding Ideas got run out of CD, that was a good one

I, too, would like a link to this. I have heard the story several times, but no one ever links the thread.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This site has had, literally, 10 times more pedophiles, rapists, and murderers than any other social media site combined. But I'm not supposed to talk about that? It makes you "feel bad"? Lmfao

I think you're underestimating how hosed Reddit is, we're just more well documented.

Larry Parrish posted:

read this in the dark souls intro voice

Lol.

Also, I think the furries are a combo of two different types:

A slightly different version of those sad, mostly middle aged people who think "being into BDSM" is a replacement for "having an interesting personality". And,

People desperately looking for a way to have a unique social niche in an online environment so heavily populated that being unique is impossible. Like, among my IRL friends, I'm the chubby, self-deprecating, (debatably) funny guy with an encyclopedic knowledge of the first ten years of The Simpsons.

Thats a unique identity in real life, but theres probably 5 of me reading this thread, and definitely 50,000 of me on twitter.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

:whitewater:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

some plague rats posted:

Seriously why the gently caress has hedrigall not been banned yet.

I would also like to know this, he's gross as hell and undeservedly smug about it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

some plague rats posted:

Seriously why the gently caress has hedrigall not been banned yet.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

my favorite part is that vincent got 12 hours for bringing it up out of the blue and hedrigall got 7 days for making a joke response, lmao

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What the gently caress is happening in here this time?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Josef bugman posted:

What the gently caress is happening in here this time?

Messy bitches who love drama

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You'd think that he'd eventually learn to just stop stepping on rakes but not only can he not help himself, he's the one throwing most of the rakes on the ground.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Muscle Tracer posted:

my favorite part is that vincent got 12 hours for bringing it up out of the blue and hedrigall got 7 days for making a joke response, lmao

Hedrigal needs to never post about loving again. If someone tries to bait him into talking about who he wants to gently caress, he needs to not take the bait.

He's reached the point of being "infamously horny" and he looks for any opportunity to shoehorn in that he wants to gently caress something or someone and it makes people uncomfortable and it needs to stop.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

No Dignity posted:

Messy bitches who love drama

See this thread seems packed with just everyone accusing everyone of everything and getting mad at people and gently caress me it seems hard to keep up this level of "argh" for more than a few hours.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

See this thread seems packed with just everyone accusing everyone of everything and getting mad at people and gently caress me it seems hard to keep up this level of "argh" for more than a few hours.

Yeah sure, you would say that

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Yeah sure, you would say that

Fair tbh.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ok I haven't the chance to read the past few pages because during my interstate drive one of our tyres exploded and an 8 hour "leisurely" journey became close to 11 hours

But this thread is not a call out thread for you to yell for a poster to be banned or destroyed online. This is one of the reasons the last few threads turn into, well whatever the hell they became. Start a qcs thread if you believe in the importance of this person's removal.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Ok I haven't the chance to read the past few pages because during my interstate drive one of our tyres exploded and an 8 hour "leisurely" journey became close to 11 hours

But this thread is not a call out thread for you to yell for a poster to be banned or destroyed online. This is one of the reasons the last few threads turn into, well whatever the hell they became. Start a qcs thread if you believe in the importance of this person's removal.

Ok, that's all well and good but what about shrek penis? Yea or nay?
Thoughts?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

more falafel please posted:

Furries overall get poo poo on really bad but that's mostly because the only people who Talk About Being Furries Online are the people who are real weird about it. I don't give a poo poo what you're into, sexual or not, just don't be weird in public

Like, dude who is really into motorcycles: fine
Due who only talks about being really into motorcycles: exhausting

It's not even that it's gross or weird or whatever just like we're trying to have a conversation here

Furries have the same problem as other kink spaces. The most visible ones are always the ones talking in the most obnoxious level of detail because they have no sense of boundaries or propriety around people who are not involved in the scene.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Furries have done more to fight against fascism online than anyone on this website and quite good at pwning blizzard loving chuds too, so maybe tone it down, mkay?

lmao jesus christ

internet has really made it possible for people to never interface with reality

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Frank Frank posted:

Ok, that's all well and good but what about shrek penis? Yea or nay?
Thoughts?

I'll NOT be tricked into looking at a mirror again

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
goons who cant stop posting about how horny they are should be destroyed

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Muscle Tracer posted:

same but unironically

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

Everyone treats me with respect in GBS and agrees with my opinions on Five Guys and classical music. But I have a dark secret ... I like to break into animal rescue shelters at night and gently caress the animals that live there

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
So brave

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://youtu.be/ianb7qAGd9I

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Online, I am known as Chud Slayer. Also, as Stupid No-Life Nerd.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Aug 19, 2022

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

goons who cant stop posting about how horny they are should be destroyed

i'm horny for being destroyed

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Muscle Tracer posted:

i'm horny for being destroyed

bring back helldump for this freak imo

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear fursuits

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I mean, not many of them tbh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

It's not really a saga, but this is a very sweet 1 page thread where a goon found an old family bible:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762966

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 19, 2022

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Leal posted:

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear fursuits

Why not both?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I was not aware that furries are an SA saga

Well, other than camrath

And whatever the hell led up to the creation of the gas chamber :negative:

Ok, so being extremely lovely to furries is a saga, but drat if it isn't getting nicely rehashed(and coming out in support of lowtax!)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

I was not aware that furries are an SA saga

Well, other than camrath

And whatever the hell led up to the creation of the gas chamber :negative:

Ok, so being extremely lovely to furries is a saga, but drat if it isn't getting nicely rehashed(and coming out in support of lowtax!)

what. whos supporting lowtax?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ibram Gaunt posted:

what. whos supporting lowtax?

People screaming furry hate are just following his conclusions.

Given the drat "we think its funny to give all the furries a star of david and lock them in the posting gas chamber" saga is part of our history

Hedrigal is a bad example, because his rep as horny means everyone runs it through a horny filter, but when people start screaming about furries it gets gross *fast* around here

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
i think people are just sick of the tugging gimmick that got away and its not much deeper than that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
:goofy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

This is one of the reasons the last few threads turn into, well whatever the hell they became.
By my recollection the last thread was closed because some weirdos who were not regulars started posting weird and gross stuff and no mod action was taken.