Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
My local 'stco's haven't had the Kirkland Salsa for at least 2 months now. Really bummed - pretty good store-bought salsa that everyone enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its costco time

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

CitizenKain posted:

My Costo visa was compromised and I guess I'm not going into Costco until I get my new card. A fun note with that card is when they hot card the credit card, it also makes it stop working as a membership card.

You should be able to download the costco app. If you log in you can use it as a membership card.

Shear Modulus posted:

So last week I bought this fan at Costco: https://costcofan.com/costco-woozoo-fan/

It's great and I decided I wanted another one, but when I went a couple days ago they didn't have any. Then I went onto the website and it's not there either. The page still comes up on search engines https://www.costco.com/woozoo-globe-multi-directional-5-speed-oscillating-fan-w-remote.product.100499225.html but the page isn't there.

Is this a thing that happens often? Items just vanishing? Do they ever come back?

It's a discount from a pet insurance company called Figo. I got a quote for my 5 year old cat and it was more expensive than the Healthy Paws coverage I've had since I got him. That was the extent of my experience.

My experience with Healthy Paws has been great. Earlier this year my cat ate a string and had to get surgery. The total cost was $7000-$8000 and the insurance covered 90% of it.

If you have the receipt (or log in on the app and look at the digital one) you can get the item number. Call your local costco and ask them to check if any in the area have it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Picked up a bag of those chocolate coconut almonds that are on sale. I'd prefer the chocolate be a little darker/less sweet but still pretty good

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
god drat the jongga kimchi is insane.

I really need to limit how much I eat at once because i think it's pretty high in sodium. Otherwise the bottle is like 2-3 days supply.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

pentyne posted:

I really need to limit how much I eat at once because i think it's pretty high in sodium. Otherwise the bottle is like 2-3 days supply.
I like to say "it's jongga time" and dig in.

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?

numberoneposter posted:

I like to say "it's jongga time" and dig in.

I have non jongga Costco kimchi and it tastes like I'll be returning it. :smith:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Ordered two pizzas call-ahead for 11:50. Walked in the door at exactly 11:50, the pizza was being boxed up at 11:52, out the door at 11:55.

Drank some sparkling water on the way. PBUC

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Horn of Arby's posted:

I have non jongga Costco kimchi and it tastes like I'll be returning it. :smith:

This is tragic and my heart is breaking for you. Do you have a GoFundMe, friend? How can we get the correct kimchi (Jongga (the one with two "g"s)) to you?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Has anyone bought a new phone from Costco? They have a good deal on a S22 Ultra right now. Verizon specifically.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Has anyone bought a new phone from Costco? They have a good deal on a S22 Ultra right now. Verizon specifically.

ooo, could you tell what the deal is? my ol reliable is cracked and ain't so reliable

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Chad Jihad posted:

ooo, could you tell what the deal is? my ol reliable is cracked and ain't so reliable

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I bought an unlocked phone from Costco a few years ago and it was fine, like any other way I've bought an unlocked phone. Can't say anything good or bad about phones on a plan, though.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

pentyne posted:

Omg yea

That is eating it too quickly because of the sodium

I have a bottle of it in my fridge and it's going to last me probably 8 months

(Watching my salt)

I just chop it up and toss my salads with it instead of dressing sometimes

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Several years ago I bought a nice leather sectional with multiple recliners. One of the seats seems to have a defect where the wires to the controls (located on the side of the cushion against the armrest/cup holder/storage thing) keep breaking and even after I re-solder them they disconnect again making the recliner useless.

I don’t have the documentation anymore and not sure what the manufacturer is, let alone the model. Any suggestions on how to contact them to get this fixed? It hasn’t been that many years where this normal wear and tear would be expected and I’m pretty unhappy.

I’m also not thrilled with the idea of lugging a giant sectional back into Costco to return it, since it’s been so long. I feel bad about returning things after a year or two.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
got a box of avocados the other week. pretty weak. they all developed mushy spots before fully ripening. in new york fwiw

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Head Bee Guy posted:

got a box of avocados the other week. pretty weak. they all developed mushy spots before fully ripening. in new york fwiw

mods please ban this piece of poo poo!!!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nah avocados and bananas are both bad ideas from Costco

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Compared to what?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

Compared to what?

Just getting a few from your local grocery store.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Made it out under $250 today (just barely)!

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Costco bananas are perfect for buying a few bundles, letting them overripe, then making banana nut bread in bulk.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Several years ago I bought a nice leather sectional with multiple recliners. One of the seats seems to have a defect where the wires to the controls (located on the side of the cushion against the armrest/cup holder/storage thing) keep breaking and even after I re-solder them they disconnect again making the recliner useless.

I don’t have the documentation anymore and not sure what the manufacturer is, let alone the model. Any suggestions on how to contact them to get this fixed? It hasn’t been that many years where this normal wear and tear would be expected and I’m pretty unhappy.

I’m also not thrilled with the idea of lugging a giant sectional back into Costco to return it, since it’s been so long. I feel bad about returning things after a year or two.

You can try going to the returns desk at Costco and ask them to look up the purchase in their system. They can at least get the item number for it which should hopefully tell you what the manufacturer is.

Or if you want to save yourself a trip to the returns desk, and don't mind having a Costco employed goon looking into it, I can get you that info myself. If you're interested feel free to shoot me a PM.

Normally I'd say that your best bet is to just lug the whole thing in and return it. But then you have to buy a new one to replace it and you'd be looking at inflation prices which are not good right now with furniture. If you can get it fixed it might save you at least a few hundred bucks.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Soul Dentist posted:

The only time avocados make sense is a family gathering where you're making a ton of guac. Otherwise a normal situation wouldn't call for Costco sized avos

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Horn of Arby's posted:

just leave it in the fridge for a couple weeks

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

You can try going to the returns desk at Costco and ask them to look up the purchase in their system. They can at least get the item number for it which should hopefully tell you what the manufacturer is.

Or if you want to save yourself a trip to the returns desk, and don't mind having a Costco employed goon looking into it, I can get you that info myself. If you're interested feel free to shoot me a PM.

Normally I'd say that your best bet is to just lug the whole thing in and return it. But then you have to buy a new one to replace it and you'd be looking at inflation prices which are not good right now with furniture. If you can get it fixed it might save you at least a few hundred bucks.

I did some digging into my photos and had happened to take pictures of the boxes when I had bought them. Turns out it is this one:

https://www.frugalhotspot.com/2019/07/costco-parker-power-reclining-sectional/

This may give me enough of a lead to see if I can find support on it. Bought it in July 2019. I feel like I would need divine absolution and pay penance at the food court for returning something so far back, but it’s really making me unhappy. If I cannot get a proper repair on this, is a 3+ year return on heavy furniture something likely to put a black mark on my Costco account like I’ve heard happens to people who abuse the policy?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

TraderStav posted:

I did some digging into my photos and had happened to take pictures of the boxes when I had bought them. Turns out it is this one:

https://www.frugalhotspot.com/2019/07/costco-parker-power-reclining-sectional/

This may give me enough of a lead to see if I can find support on it. Bought it in July 2019. I feel like I would need divine absolution and pay penance at the food court for returning something so far back, but it’s really making me unhappy. If I cannot get a proper repair on this, is a 3+ year return on heavy furniture something likely to put a black mark on my Costco account like I’ve heard happens to people who abuse the policy?

You should be fine returning it. They have a very generous return policy for a reason. It is true that they put a black mark on accounts that abuse the return policy, but it only comes to that if you're an obvious repeat offender, especially with electronics. If this is just one isolated incident of returning an expensive item then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just tell them that you're very unhappy with it and you believe the product should last longer than it has.

Horn of Arby's
May 30, 2004
what? no catfood?

numberoneposter posted:

just leave it in the fridge for a couple weeks

I hope this will do the trick. My Costco does not have the proper 2 g Jongga kimchi.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
What does a black mark on your account do? Will they remove your membership?

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
they kidnap you and send you to where they put the diced onions and combo pizza

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I saw an entire endcap chest full of jongga kimchi and asked myself "okay but how do I explain Smugworth to my partner" and just declined to mention this, sorry buddy

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

You should be fine returning it. They have a very generous return policy for a reason. It is true that they put a black mark on accounts that abuse the return policy, but it only comes to that if you're an obvious repeat offender, especially with electronics. If this is just one isolated incident of returning an expensive item then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just tell them that you're very unhappy with it and you believe the product should last longer than it has.

Since I found the manufacturer I sent them a note to see if they can send me a replacement switch. They had videos on their site that show it’s pretty easy to replace. If they help out I’ll definitely go that route since I’m otherwise happy with it. Thanks for the help!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

HOMOEROTIC JESUS posted:

they kidnap you and send you to where they put the diced onions and combo pizza

Seems like the Costco blacksite would be amazing then?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
IME Costco's produce quality exceeds any other chain grocer around here with the possible exception of Whole Foods or maybe Town & Country Market (Seattle area chain) but at that point the price value proposition is blown away anyway.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I will sometimes drop by a PCC [fancy seattle grocery co-op] to get, like, cilantro, a few peppers? But everything that Costco actually keeps in stock is top notch. Obliterates the competition, brutally.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Soul Dentist posted:

What does a black mark on your account do? Will they remove your membership?

They just put a note in your account, basically saying the professional equivalent of "this guy sucks". They can cancel memberships if they think it's necessary, but it's pretty rare and only happens to people who repeatedly and obviously abuse the return policy or throw one of those early pandemic I REFUSE TO WEAR A MASK tantrums. Costco does not like canceling memberships and will do anything in their power to keep you from doing it, because membership fees are where they make most of their money, it's 100% profit for them.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Psion posted:

I saw an entire endcap chest full of jongga kimchi and asked myself "okay but how do I explain Smugworth to my partner" and just declined to mention this, sorry buddy

Friend, I don't need the credit. Just enjoy the kimchi.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Laterite posted:

IME Costco's produce quality exceeds any other chain grocer around here with the possible exception of Whole Foods or maybe Town & Country Market (Seattle area chain) but at that point the price value proposition is blown away anyway.

At the one I go to the fruit is usually pretty good, but the vegetables haven't looked that good to me the few time I've looked. Maybe just bad luck, I stopped looking through their veggies after I saw they had a big pallet of brown and bruised green beans. Maybe just frost damaged but I've never seen such hosed up green beans before it made me sad.

They occasionally have hami melons which have been good the few times I've bought them. But I'm a fan of cantaloupe and other melons anyway so I'm biased. And the big bags of pears or oranges or whatever are consistently good quality for me

I usually buy the cheaper varieties of whatever they have for sale (possibly excepting the hami melons, not sure what the price per pound is) so I'm not sure how good their fancier apples or other more exotic fruits are.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Costco bananas always just skip straight from too green to gross brown, it's really weird. I thought maybe it was just a bad batch but nope, every time, I gave up after 4 or 5 attempts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

the only way to buy bananas at costco is to get the ones that already look ripe. i have the same problem with them going green to brown otherwise and they never taste any good when that happens