Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

Found this from an old phone. This is on a wheel chock on a Reaper drone at an Air Force base. :ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Aperture Priority posted:

Found this from an old phone. This is on a wheel chock on a Reaper drone at an Air Force base. :ironicat:

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Maybe it was self-aware commentary?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/9stmuxD.mp4

"Here's your pen, rear end in a top hat"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Glass of Milk posted:

Maybe it was self-aware commentary?

It may also be ignorant COOL SKULL dumbshittery

Not that I doubt it's just a Nazi, to be clear

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

What a romantic gift.

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1559934252116070402

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Aperture Priority posted:

Kick them chocks

Right into a loving fire pit.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Beastie posted:

Kick them chocks

Right into a loving fire pit.

Nah, belt-sand the sticker off and use them to whack every member of the ground crew in the crotch like nunchaku.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

zoux posted:

Besides Democratic congressional leadership, you mean

To be fair, Chuck tweets about legalizing it three-four times a week. Leadership seems to be on board but it's the large bulk of the caucus who are terrified of being painted as hippies.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

You know the crowd is all boomers when they’re afraid of being called “hippies” in TYOOL 2022

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I dunno if this stuff translates into irl consequences or it's just fodder for we hooting monkeys on twitter but Fetterman is absolutely destroying Oz on a daily basis

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1560268053002469377

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Aug 18, 2022

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

zoux posted:

I dunno if this stuff translates into irl consequences or it's just fodder for we hooting monkeys on twitter but Fetterman is absolutely destroying Oz on a daily basis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_pIPTih5iM

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

zoux posted:

I really hope this doesn't end up like all the times I thought Hillary's team did big Twitter dunks on Trump in 2016.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

With the qualifier of 'polls lol" Fetterman's up by 15. Oz has proven to be a historically bad candidate.

Also the crudite stuff is showing up in PA papers so some of it is breaking through.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Who the gently caress are these guys?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Candidates for PA Senate to replace Pat Toomey. Oz is formerly a brilliant surgeon who couldn't resist the siren song of the snake oil after Oprah made him famous. Fetterman is a former mayor of a small town in PA and currently the Lt Governor.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

zoux posted:

With the qualifier of 'polls lol" Fetterman's up by 15. Oz has proven to be a historically bad candidate.

Also the crudite stuff is showing up in PA papers so some of it is breaking through.

I hope so. I feel like Oz could still squeak by but it is pretty funny how bad he’s doing when he’s been a celebrity for such a long time.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope so. I feel like Oz could still squeak by but it is pretty funny how bad he’s doing when he’s been a celebrity for such a long time.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1560271850386599936
The Inquirer is the biggest paper in PA. The reason you can make a good case that it's the online stuff that's driving this is that that Oz video is from like April and only went viral the other day, for whatever reason

Fetterman is doing to Oz what GOP candidates frequently do to Dems: define them via a single issue and then just hammer it over and over and over. Oz seems to be enthusiastically participating by playing directly into Fetterman's characterization of him as an out-of-touch plutocrat carpetbagger - because that's what he is and he lacks the political acumen or temperament to try and paper over that stuff. Basically all these Trumpy guys are trying to emulate Trump because they view it as another alternative path to political power instead of a unique and baffling ability that Trump somehow pulls off and is not easily replicable.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Holy poo poo he "lives" in Bryn Athyn? Are his inlaws Swedenborgian?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hmmm starting to come around on the "Will Stancil is just dumb" hypothesis.

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1560231507251400704

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 18, 2022

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I'm surprised Fetterman isn't leaning into the "you live with your parents" line because lol trying to buy a house in 2022.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

suuma posted:

I'm surprised Fetterman isn't leaning into the "you live with your parents" line because lol trying to buy a house in 2022.

Could also go for “yeah, my parents need help sometimes and we’re not the sort who can afford a 24/7 live-in nurse” or whatever, plenty of working class families are caregivers for their relatives both young and elderly

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Or he could just ignore it like he has been doing. There is no good spin on "I live with my parents as an adult", regardless of how charitable or legit the reason is.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
"Only 2% of the population" is a lot of families affected.

Definitely a dumb person tbh.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Also, people can care about people who aren't them. A foreign concept to this guy apparently.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nah, he should keep hitting the same issue over and over. Open every sound bite with, my 10 property owning elite opponent thinks...

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Antigravitas posted:

"Only 2% of the population" is a lot of families affected.

Definitely a dumb person tbh.
The exact same flavor of dumb that kept coming up with "yeah but covid is 99.7% survivable" while ignoring that that's a million people dying in the US alone and oh look...

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

This argument always makes me laugh, because broadcasting "this doesnt affect enough people for me to care, I don't see why anyone else would" seems to be a stupid move, but they keep doing it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1560336645374763008

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Is his head really that ginormous or is there some sort of perspective trick happening?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

From the comments

Also does he own property in PA? I thought he lived with his inlaws

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I like how the person taking the video really just wants to look at cool cars

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1560400672855674881

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is the answer "gently caress-all"? (Or "jack poo poo" for those of the American persuasion.)

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
It's weird how there's always these articles from "moderates" urging liberals and leftists to "temper their expectations" and capitulate more to the right, when there are never any articles urging the right to capitulate more to the left.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nebrilos posted:

It's weird how there's always these articles from "moderates" urging liberals and leftists to "temper their expectations" and capitulate more to the right, when there are never any articles urging the right to capitulate more to the left.

Moderates are and always have been nothing more than conservatives who aren't radicals. Meanwhile for the last 40 years liberals have had their brains broken and long for the sweet embrace of the mythical reasonable republicans voters. The result is all moderate think pieces ask liberals to capitulate because they are the only political group dumb enough to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nebrilos posted:

"Meet me in the middle," says the unjust man.

You take a step towards him, he takes a step back.

"Meet me in the middle," says the unjust man.