Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
From the Nextdoor thread:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I keep some reusable grocery bags in my trunk and bag my Costco haul in the parking lot. They're much stronger than the single use plastic bags and hold a lot more per bag. It's way easier to bring stuff in the house in fewer trips. I really don't get why people prefer the single use ones.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Thinking about a hot dog today... just might have to do it. Plus, soda and refill!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Got my laptop Saturday (16" M1) and it's loving awesome. Went with AC+ too-- appreciate the help :)

Costco rules

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't bring my own bags to costco because the items are so large I could fit like two FitCrunch bar containers in one and it's full.

I just ask for a box and they always do a pretty good job of making it somewhat easy to transport.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I place my consumables into my Sam’s club brand zippable cooler bags that I keep in the trunk. No Jesus no peace.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wonderllama posted:

I place my consumables into my Sam’s club brand zippable cooler bags that I keep in the trunk. No Jesus no peace.

:frogout:

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i throw all my poo poo loose into the backseat :getin:

i'm outta seltzer and I gotta make a run

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Our Costco has boxes behind each register and they'll offer a box during checkout. Usually I just get it right back in the cart since most of the stuff is going to wind up in my garage's upright freezer or the pantry nearby.

I've heard tell of other Costcos where you're supposed to grab a box on the way in or from spots within the store.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I got a really good box from Costco a few trips ago (they ask at checkout if you want one) and now I just keep it in my trunk and reuse it. regular grocery trip? bags go in there. Costco trip? Pack the stuff in there from the cart and haul it all inside the house in one go.

perhaps appropriately, it's a box for oranges.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqS18aj6Vis

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
I buy bananas and avocados from Costco all the time and never had any problems :shrug:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I was whining about lack of peanut butter a few pages ago, turns out it's Jif's fault. I'm surprised that garbage even had peanuts in it.

dxt posted:

I buy bananas and avocados from Costco all the time and never had any problems :shrug:

Do you live somewhere where bananas and avocados are 'local crops'?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The apple boxes are absolute top tier for carrying and stacking, so much so I will literally empty a half full apple box and take the now empty box even if I don't need a box.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Empty boxes at the register are in high demand and half the time they're all out.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The pro move is to get the Costco trunk organizer when you sign up for the credit card and then you just bring your cart of loose poo poo back and put it all in the organizer!!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I got some of those black and yellow plastic bins they sell, and just throw one in my trunk whenever I go out. then I just dump everything into there and carry it up when I get home.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Costco sells Instacrates that are pretty good. You can fit a lot in one and then just fold it up when you're not using it. Pretty neat.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

net work error posted:

Costco sells Instacrates that are pretty good. You can fit a lot in one and then just fold it up when you're not using it. Pretty neat.

I’ve got like 3 of these I keep in my trunk and a handful strewn around my house/garage. They rule.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I was at my cousin's/cousin-in-law's birthday party and they had walking tacos. I didn't eat any due to physical issues but they had like 30 of them and they said they got them from costco. The people there liked them a lot but thought they were too big.

I've never seen those before.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Ohtori Akio posted:

the very fine particulates in coffee are present no matter how you make it and are significantly more present in cold brew. the tradeoff for the lack of bitterness or acidity ('drinkability') is the higher particulate content, which doesn't feel like anything in your mouth, it just tastes kinda muddy. filtering correctly, like any industrial maker will do, typically eliminates more of them but not all.

now, if I have a fundamentally very muddy low-flavor coffee beverage? hit that with milk now i'm drinking coffee flavor milk. love it

A little bit of Necromancy but try Toddy coffee. The filter makes it smooooth and no grinds at all. We dilute it with ice water or milk and it's great.

Costco chat: La Colombe nitro brew for special occasions.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I just buy a cooler every time I check out from costco, and return it to them at the front desk every time I enter the building.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

puppy party posted:

I’ve got like 3 of these I keep in my trunk and a handful strewn around my house/garage. They rule.

We use instacrates as well. We keep 2 in one car and 1 in the trunk of the other. Love those things

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

net work error posted:

They bite, be careful.

We went yesterday, and I had to check and see.

Plenty of Jongga (the one with two “g”s) in stock!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Blue Moonlight posted:

They bite, be careful.

We went yesterday, and I had to check and see.

Plenty of Jongga (the one with two “g”s) in stock!

Whoa

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
There must be, like, 93 Gs on that shelf!

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

net work error posted:

We got 2 for sport stuff for my husband's car. Went back and bought 2 more for my truck the next Costco trip. Those things are amazing and I don't know how I survived without them.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I ate a hotdog today. It was delicious. The burps since then have been epic ownage.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Just bring a bunch of reusable bags. The checkout wingman loads them for you, it's great.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

EVG posted:

A little bit of Necromancy but try Toddy coffee. The filter makes it smooooth and no grinds at all. We dilute it with ice water or milk and it's great.

Costco chat: La Colombe nitro brew for special occasions.

On the other hand I could grab a canned middling coldbrew from the work fridge, or walk five minutes to pay a few bucks for kick rear end espresso.

The La Colombes (also from the work fridge) are fine but too sugary. Same with the Sbux "espresso and cream" cans I assume come from Costco too.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

fischtick posted:

There must be, like, 93 Gs on that shelf!

That'd be odd

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Inspector 34 posted:

That'd be odd

you can see one gluten free noodle box to the left, that's where the 93rd G comes from

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Way in the back are a few tubs of Jonggga.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Blue Moonlight posted:

They bite, be careful.

that stupid crate pinched me just picking it up from the display, i cant imagine owning one. are they really worth it

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
They don't have the La Colombe coffees at my church, only Rise brand nitro oat milk cold brews and the k-land canned coffee. The Rise coffees recently got the death star and five bucks knocked off the case price which sucks because my lactose intolerant spouse got hooked on them and we both liked that they weren't absurdly full of sugar.

Now, if they replace the Rise coffee with La Colombe, RIP my heart rate

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

PokeJoe posted:

that stupid crate pinched me just picking it up from the display, i cant imagine owning one. are they really worth it

I bought one to try it out. If you fill it with typical CostCo products (lots of liquid - wine bottles, 505, etc) it feels like it’s going to catastrophically explode when you’re carrying it. I’m not super impressed with it, but I guess it’s handy that it folds up. I’m pretty sure my reusable plastic bags are 100x more durable.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

PokeJoe posted:

I’m not a huge fan, myself. They are surprisingly easy to pinch yourself on for a consumer product. But for me, what bothers me more about them is that you can’t really manipulate them by one handle (like if you wanted to carry a couple around while empty, for example). They really want to collapse.

My wife seems to like them though, so :shrug:

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not saying you guys are wrong, but how are they pinching you? I've been using a few probably every other day for a few years now and haven't managed to pinch myself once. Now that I typed that I'll probably draw blood later today though.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Dude I have no idea I picked it up just to look at it and it got me pretty good

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

PokeJoe posted:

Dude I have no idea I picked it up just to look at it and it got me pretty good

https://www.costco.com/northwest-fish-6-whole-dungeness-crab%2c-10-lbs.product.100511686.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

of course! :doh: