Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to cook dinner?

:sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Here's some wholesome stuff from Best of Redditor Updates to make you feel good.

OOP Starts to fall for his bestfriend

quote:

My best friend of 24 years (born a male) is now a transgender woman. I'm in love with her and not sure if I should tell her - 8/21/22

My friend and I (both 24 years old) have been best friends our entire lives, we're practically brothers. Our parents grew up together, went to the same schools - so my friend and I were together ever since we were little babies. We've always had each other's back, protected one another, cared for each other - when the whole world felt like it was against us, the both of us knew we were always looking out for each other. My friend is an amazing person, someone I can go to and trust completely. I'm blessed to have this person in my life.

My friend transitioned to a female a few months ago, she's completely physically a woman. She's been through hormone replacement therapy these past few years, seeing her becoming so much more happier is amazing to see. I'm absolutely proud of her! It's beautiful to see my friend now be so free, being comfortable with herself and always having the greatest smile on her face. But I'm falling for her, and these feelings aren't going away. I'll admit that I'm in love with my friend, the friend I've know for 24 years is who is stealing my heart and I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose my friend, but my feelings of friendship for her are turning to romantic/sexual feelings & attraction.

After my friend transitioned, we continued hanging out and talking like nothing changed. We continued going out to clubs/bars, the movies, restaurants, playing video games - nothing changed, we kept doing what we always did. During this time is when my feelings began to change, I started falling in love with her. You know what attracted me? Her, the way she is. My friend is now acting like herself, acting free and full of life - always laughing, dancing and being goofy. It hurts me, because this is someone I grew up with and I'm afraid my feelings are going to push her away or make this awkward. Like always i'm insanely happy being with my friend, but my feelings for her are killing me right now everytime we're together again.

I've fallen in love with her true self, her true self is absolutely beautiful.

I've spoken to another close friend of mine about this, I just got made fun of. "Haha! You wanna gently caress your bro, seriously?!" Is practically what I got. They didn't understand where I was coming from, they didn't understand what an insanely amazing person my friend is. This friend of mine feels it's "creepy" and "nasty" I'm falling for my best friend. They also aren't taking my friends transition seriously, which is another reason why they're acting immature. All he did was make fun of me, so ever since then I haven't spoken to anyone else about how i feel.

Also, aside from being scared of losing my friend, I'm afraid of what our families will think. What happens if my friend and I do end up together, and our families suddenly start to panic. I'm afraid not only ruining my friendship, but the friendship our parents have with themselves for many years. Both of our families were completely supportive when my friend transitioned, not a single negative comment. Everyone is proud of her, and the love our families have for her hasn't changed at all. I feel I'm over thinking all of this, especially because being friends is very different than being in a serious relationship.

If anything, our families would be insanely happy we're together and be so annoying hahaha. But I'm more worried on the negative response, which is why I believe I'm over thinking this whole thing.

Plus, if I plan to even confess my feelings for her - I have to do it soon. She's always being asked out on dates, but she tells me she's looking for the right person to spend time with. I feel this is my opportunity to confess, but I don't know if I should. I don't just want to confess how I feel about her, I want an actual relationship with my friend.

If any of you have some advice, please definitely share it! because I have no clue what to do. I'll love to tell my friend how I feel about her, but I don't want to lose or ruin our 24 year friendship. I also don't want to make it seem that I'm falling for her just because she's now a woman, I don't want her to feel that way at all. What do you all think I should do? I'll absolutely appreciate the advice/input, I'll greatly appreciate it so much.

[UPDATE#1:]

screw it! I'm going for it, I'm going to ask out my friend. It's Saturday, 1PM right now - I'm going to see if she wants to go on a date tonight. First off, wow! Thank you for giving me the motivation! Reading your comments has made me realize I shouldn't waste time, I need to go for it or I'm going to regret it. My plan is to take her out on a fun date, and I'll confess my feelings during the date. I might even show her this post, as I literally poured all my feelings in this post.

She actually lives a few houses down the street, we live in the same neighborhood/street - that's why we're pretty much always together 24/7 every week. I'm going to message her to see if she's home so I can stop by, and while I'm there I'm going to ask her out.

Wish me luck! I'll continue to update ya'll 😊

[UPDATE2:]

Tiny UPDATE (7:05PM, Aug 20) : I'm heading off to pick up my friend. I'm insanely excited, but really nervous. I'm sure it's going to go great! You probably won't hear from me for quite a few hours, or till tomorrow morning. I'll definitely reply to your comments when I return and continue to update ya'll. For now, I'm off to my date! Wish me luck 🙏

Wish you all an amazing Saturday! Talk to you soon.

Tiny UPDATE # 2 (8:40AM, Aug 21): Hey everyone! So sorry I kept you all without an update, but the date actually ended at around 4 in the morning. All I'll say for now is wow! What an amazing night it was. It was really incredible. I'm gonna get up and I'll be posting the update soon! I wanna tell you how it all went. saw the comments how you all want updates, I definitely won't leave you hanging without them 😊

[UPDATE#3:]

(12:24PM, Aug 22): Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing great. Sorry for taking so long! I feel bad cause you all have been waiting all day yesterday for an update, I got a little too busy unfortunately. Had a family BBQ, so I was helping my dad set everything up throughout the day. I'm finally back, and here's the update you've all been wating for!

The date was absolutely amazing, i'll even say it was the greatest night ever! Spending time with the person I really love, doesn't get better than that. All this made me wish i had asked her out a long time ago, better late than never! I'm insanely happy I did ask her out. Like I said in the previous update how my friend was going to get "extra pretty", wow did she look beautiful. She was breathtaking. Had alot of butterflies in my stomach. She had a red dress on, wore a blue shade of lipstick and had her hair tied back. She looked incredible, the most gorgeous girl in the bar we went to.

My heart kept pounding though lol, cause whoa she looked stunning. Seeing as this was a date, I really wanted to flirt - so I kissed her on the cheek & told her she looked gorgeous. Seeing her smile and blush just made me blush as well, and I was definitely trying really hard not to screw anything up. I wanted to take things slow, I didn't want to make my friend feel uncomfortable at all.

We got to her favorite bar, and from that moment every thing went perfectly. I didn't drink too much, as I was the designated driver. My friend though, she had an insanely fun time. She was jumping around, singing, dancing - she was having a blast, and it was great to see her having so much fun. Was kinda hard to keep her in one place haha, she was super hyper. Like I said, this is her favorite place. We enjoyed ourselves like if there was no one around, We talked alot as well, she really appreciated that I asked her out. I admitted I was pretty nervous about everything, but her being such a sweet person really lowered my nerves so much.

All of you were right about her dropping hints at me, because she said she was dropping so many and I never caught on to them. I admit, I suck at stuff like that lol. We just laughed it off and were happy to actually finally be on a date. My biggest goal of the night was to kiss her, and she kept winking at me the entire night. I was being hesitant to kiss her, i was worried a kiss can be too much. This was me over thinking again, because she was pretty obvious about letting me kiss her.

I feel she knew I was being hesitant, so she ended up kissing me and didn't hold back either. Wrapped her arms around me, and i did the same. From the moment we kissed, my nerves the rest of the night were completely gone. We didn't act like friends anymore, we acted alot more than that. We became more intimate with each other, i kept my arm wrapped around her waist, held her hand everywhere we went and she always kept her arm wrapped around mine. It felt really nice and I didn't want the night to end at all. We kissed a few more times throughout the night, any chance we had we'll give each other a kiss on the cheek or lips.

Eventually we went back to her place, and that's when I decided to drink a little more as I was close to home. We just continued to sing and dance, acting like it wasn't already 1 in the morning. Like I said in the main post, we're gamers so we decided to continue the night drunkly playing just dance (I'm the king of that game, my friend would disagree). I ended up sleeping at my friends house, she didn't want me going off drunk - even though my house is actually a few houses away. The rest of the night was just fantastic, the entire night was the greatest I've ever had. I regret not asking her out sooner, imagine how incredible dates we would've already had.

The following morning we woke up, went to go get some breakfast. We just laughed at all the dumb things we did last night. We still continued being super comfortable with each other, hugging, holding hands, keeping ourselves in each other's arms - none of us hesitated, we just continued to be how we were last night.

We had to split up as I had to help my dad with a family BBQ, and my friend was meeting up with her mom. We kissed each other goodbye, and we've been non-stop texting ever since. The only word I can say is wow, that's literally all I can say. Wow, what a beautiful night it was. I didn't tell her my feelings, I felt our actions expressed our feelings perfectly. Eventually I'll tell her the things I said on this post, but for now it's going pretty great.

Are we a thing now with how we're acting together? Haha like I said, I'm terrible at these things. One thing I'm curious about is if our families now, as my friend spent the day with her mom. Knowing my friend, she definitely told her mom. Knowing her mom, I have no doubt she told her husband - who will of course tell my parents about the date. I'm going to meet up with my friend tomorrow, so I'm really curious on what her mom said.

Typing this update made chuckle, I'm just here remembering the date. It was so much fun, and I have a feeling there's going to be plenty more dates.

I hope the update didn't disappoint! And I apologize if it's super long, but like I said I didn't want to disappoint you all. I wanted to give you a detailed update, I didn't put everything that happened but I feel what i typed definitely shows how everything went. It was long already, imagine how longer it'll be if i posted every detail. I hope you had an amazing weekend. I do plan to continue updating, especially because I'm definitely curious on what my friends mom thinks about the date.

Hopefully that goes well!

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Kuros posted:

Here's some wholesome stuff from Best of Redditor Updates to make you feel good.

...Are we a thing now with how we're acting together?

So cute. Such a great phase of relationships. 'This is good, but what is this????'

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Solkanar512 posted:

Christ, I was a violist for the better part of a decade and you *never* gently caress with other people's musical instruments. The zippered case they describe is a pretty standard case for anyone who owns their own instrument, and look like this if you're curious. They're on the heavier side, and they're going to take a minute for a three year old to open up but are otherwise pretty drat secure.

That mother is a giant rear end in a top hat.

I really thought the OP would've been deleted by now, r/r doesn't allow posts with explicit violins. :dadjoke:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

HopperUK posted:

My sister is married to a Debate Guy. He's not a bad dude and I love him but ugh.
I husband's sister was married to a Debate Guy. He was a terrible dude. The first time my daughter was rolling around the rug at her grandparents' place and everybody was cooing, he asked "What would you do if she grew up to be a lesbian?" My husband quietly said "Love her, of course."

She did, and we do.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Agents are GO! posted:

I really thought the OP would've been deleted by now, r/r doesn't allow posts with explicit violins. :dadjoke:

:mods:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to cook dinner?

Congratulations on your two babies

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for giving my boyfriend the silent treatment because he bought me the wrong flavoured cake?

:dunkedon:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Agents are GO! posted:

:argh:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Kuros posted:

Insanely wholesome content :captainpop:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Agents are GO! posted:

:cripes:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITAH for locking up my “valuables” in my house?

quote:

I (21f) and my boyfriend (23m) have been living together for 2 years. There has always been a bit of money struggle as I used to make more than him and have usually been picking up the slack in our house hold. However I have started a new job and am earning a lot less than before so I’ve started to be more cautious about the amount I am spending.

During our relationship I would usually buy all of his toiletries and most household products. I told him I would not be doing this anymore as I need to cut down my own spending and he also works and is capable of buying things on his own. I thought we had agreed to this but as time has gone on I’ve noticed all of my expensive skin care and even my own deodorant being used up really quickly. I asked him multiple times to please not use my stuff and even bought him his own skin care so that he could have his own things.

The thing that set me off was that I had bought myself a $220 dollar face wash that is only supposed to be used sparingly. I have horrible ezcema that I have prescriptions for and the products I buy are specifically for my ezcema. I hadn’t used it in a while and when I picked up the bottle it was empty. He laughed and said he would replace it and then refused when he learnt of the price. I took inventory of everything else I owned and found out he had used up to $800 worth of product in around 3 months. I know he isn’t naive because I tell him the price of everything I get and tell him not to use them.

I ended up buying a safe that I put under the sink and I put everything I had left inside and hid the key so when I go to shower and get ready I can use my own things and not worry about not affording to keep my skin in check. When he found out he lost it and said that I was overreacting and that I don’t trust him. It’s turned into a massive deal and my friends think I’m being harsh. I simply cannot afford to keep buying more skincare, and I’ve even been hospitalised this year due to a huge flare up I had after running out of products. He’s taking it very seriously and I don’t know what else to do as I’ve already tried asking. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

"he said that i don't trust him". lol no poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Foo Diddley posted:

Sorry, you're stuck forever with the BF who unrepentantly steals your poo poo to the extent that it puts you in the hospital. There's simply no other option available to easily address this

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Nope. IIRC a few of these kinds of drone stories have come up & FAA has already ruled it illegal to fly them within a certain distance of peoples' homes. She was perfectly within her right to knock it down, especially with it being close enough to throw something & hit it. Creeper dad is about to be in a whole world of poo poo if/when she contacts the FAA & local authorities.

The FAA is absolutely terrifying to deal with. They loving hate drone guys and will get a lot of enjoyment making this dude’s life a living hell if and when she reports him lol

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Kuros posted:

please for the love of all that is good in the world let the parents be chill about this

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
My (35M) gf (35F) tells her coworkers that we are cousins

quote:

My gf and I have been together for 6 years. She keeps hinting at wanting to get married and talking about what her wedding will be like someday.

So I've decided to take the hint. I bought an engagement ring a week ago and am planning to pop the question sometime soon.

Well, over the weekend she had a work function. This was the first time she's invited me along. I'm not super outgoing, but I was kind of looking forward to meeting all these coworkers she talks about so much.

For some reason, every time we talked to someone, she introduced me as her "cousin". I thought it was a joke at first, but she kept at the whole day.

When we were driving home I asked her what that was all about, and she said she "didn't want people to have the wrong impression". When I asked what that meant, she said she didn't want to talk about it anymore, and I shouldn't be so upset. She then switched the conversation to her favorite TV show.

Why would she introduce me as her cousin? Should I insist on her telling me why she did that before I propose?

Well, pretty easy to see what's going on here. Girlfriend is cheating on OP with a coworker.
UPDATE - My (35M) gf (35F) tells her coworkers that we are cousins

quote:

There was a lot of good feedback to my question (although some of it was fairly mean).

I decided to give her a call and be very blunt with her. I asked her if she was cheating, and she seemed very confused. When I pressed, she got angry and told me that she's always been faithful to her boyfriend. Now it was my turn to be confused, and I asked who her boyfriend was.

Long story short, she's been dating another guy for the past year. She has been hoping he would propose (hence all the wedding talk). Apparently she's never thought of me as her boyfriend. I misread that badly.

She kept alternating between very apologetic, saying "I am SOOOO sorry if I gave you the wrong impression" and "How could you have POSSIBLY thought we were together?"

Well sir, I feel pretty stupid right now. But on the bright side, I'm glad I found out now before proposing. Now THAT would have been awkward. I just got done signing up for a new Match.com account. This evening, I'm going to return the ring I had bought. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

TLDR: I thought my long time gf was acting strange introducing me as her cousin. Turns out I'm an idiot and am not actually her bf.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: because some of you were asking,, no we were not having sex. I'm asexual and don't really like sex.

Choice entries from some of his replies in the now-deleted post:

quote:

Live together - no

Meet her family - yes

Kiss regularly - not regularly, not really into that

Talk about having kids being married - yes, but in hindsight, she wasn't talking about with me

Take care while she was sick - helped out when she injured her leg, otherwise not really

Shared bank account - no

Pet names - no

Love you - yes, but more in a "love you guys" sort of way

Holidays together - yes and no. Not so much this year, but past years, yes. Some things (like Thanksgiving) we always celebrated as a group

quote:

We would say "love you", but looking back now, it was more a friendly thing. Kind of like a "love you guys!"

We would hang out a lot and share a lot of our feelings. We sometimes would go to a movie together or grab dinner with just the 2 of us. But often times, we did things together as a group.

One time that sticks out is she organized a "double date". Looking back now, I realize that I was actually supposed to be on a date with the other girl, while she was with her bf. That explains a lot now, like why the other girl kept brushing up against me and stuff and why she seemed really sullen at the end of the double date. Man, I'm such an idiot...

quote:

Yeah, she kissed me, but she comes from a culture where they kiss everyone.

Relationship was great (or I thought so). She is a wonderful girl. She knows I'm asexual, and I just thought she respected me a lot to not try to push me to have sex when I didn't want to. It was actually the healthiest relationship I've been in (or, thought I was in).

quote:

Met at a friend's party years ago. Not my first relationship, but definitely my longest (or so I thought). And yes, I know the guy she's dating. We're in the same friend group. He's a nice guy, and I wish them well.

That last part...if the guy she's dating regularly hangs out with them, he NEVER picked up in the past year that she was dating him, and not OP?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

DrBouvenstein posted:

Well, pretty easy to see what's going on here. Girlfriend is cheating on OP with a coworker.

That last part...if the guy she's dating regularly hangs out with them, he NEVER picked up in the past year that she was dating him, and not OP?

No. Nooooooooooooooo.
I refuse. This is too much.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

DrBouvenstein posted:

I have found it very hard to tell when most Americans are dating, because they rarely display affection publicly in ways I recognize.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

One of the perks of being an adult is that you can have a party for any reason, or even no reason at all. Then stepdaughter doesn't need to appropriate a party, and everyone gets an extra party. Win-win!

Ask me about the day that I realized that I could buy a birthday cake from the local bakery anytime I wanted.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

GundamHealer posted:

The FAA is absolutely terrifying to deal with. They loving hate drone guys and will get a lot of enjoyment making this dude’s life a living hell if and when she reports him lol

good

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for kicking my sister out for bringing gluten into our gluten-free kitchen?

quote:

My daughter is on the more severe end of celiac. ANY cross-contamination would set her back for weeks. It has taken us years to get her properly diagnosed and treated, and at 10 years old she now is underweight and has severe anxiety about food. She will not eat if she feels it's unsafe, and it's hard for me to blame her.

Our house has both a kitchen and a kitchenette in the basement, complete with full sets of pans and utensils. Our main rule for the house is that there is absolutely no dairy, gluten, or seafood to be kept or cooked in the kitchen (our older son is allergic to seafood and my wife is lactose intolerant). The kitchenette is for items containing those ingredients.

My sister and her kids have had to move in with us for personal reasons. They live in the basement bedrooms, and when they moved in, we very clearly explained this rule to them and why. It took less than a week for us to find a box of pasta in the kitchen. We explained the rule and moved it, and she was apologetic. A month later, my daughter comes to us in a panic because my sister was making fried chicken in the kitchen. My sister was apologetic, but insisted she needed to because the kitchenette was "too small".

It felt harsh, but we moved all of the food to the basement, threw out every single pan and utensil she may have used, and deep cleaned the kitchen. These incidents making the kitchen no longer 100% guaranteed safe has made her regress in therapy. We're working on it, but unfortunately right now, it is so bad again that we have to feed her exclusively takeout from the one gluten-free restaurant around unless we want her in inpatient care.

Which takes us to last Sunday. I get home, and my daughter is having the worst panic attack I have ever seen. My mom and sister were in the kitchen making an entire Sunday dinner. Spaghetti, mozzarella sticks, garlic bread, the works. I lost it.

I ended up absolutely screaming at them that they were ruining my life and had threatened my daughter's life for the last time, and I had had it. I threw all of the food out into the yard, and told my sister that if she really cared that little about her own niece's life, she could get the gently caress out of my house. Now my mom is mad at me for kicking out my sister and her kids when they're vulnerable over "a food allergy" but I don't care. She can even leave the kids here if she absolutely needs to, but I'm done with her. We have ONE rule. ONE. My wife agrees with me but thinks I should give one last chance and just not allow sister to bring ANY food into the house. My mom can't take her in and she can't afford rent anywhere, so she would be homeless if we didn't let her stay. I'm not sure I'm in the wrong here.

Edit:

The possibility of inpatient care has come up before, and been fully investigated by her medical team. If she went into inpatient care, she would be eating takeout from the same restaurant there as well as they would also not be able to safely cook for her in their facilities. The only true differences would be more monitoring and not being at home.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for kicking my sister out for bringing gluten into our gluten-free kitchen?

don't believe in food intolerances, huh? well, maybe you believe in homelessness

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Soylent Pudding posted:

If moms so mad maybe she should take her careless daughter in

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

DrBouvenstein posted:

Every question I have from this generates three new questions, ad infinitum.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Soylent Pudding posted:

100% chance they make shrimp alfredo if given one last chance

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

"he said that i don't trust him". lol no poo poo

Happy ending:

quote:

Wow I didn’t think I would receive this many comments so quick! Thank you guys for validating me as I was feeling really crap before I posted this. I definitely need to think over some things and have a chat with him. He’s actually a really good guy apart from this but it’s worrying if this sort of behaviour continues. Think I’m going to consider getting my own place for now

quote:

Wow I didn’t think I was going to get so much of response. Thank you guys for shattering my rose tinted glasses.

I had a talk with one of my friends who said they had no idea that he was taking more than $10 products which explains why they all thought I was being harsh. Unfortunately we share a friend group so breaking up was looking really hard.

UNTIL I sat him down for a talk to try to convey why I don’t trust him anymore and how important my skin care is.

The conversation went on for some time and I actually thought he may be turning a new leaf until he told me that in our first year of being together as a couple (when I had a few flare ups before finding some good products that worked for me) he had been taking my oral steroids that I was prescribed with, thinking that they would make him buff at the gym. The whole year I battled through with insecurities and unbearable pain because I wasn’t able to overcome my flare ups.

Honestly that was the thing that snapped me completely. I’m staying at my friends house for a week and letting him pack his things and figure out a place to go.

Thanks again to everyone who was so kind and helped me realise how stupid I was being

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Soylent Pudding posted:

So many allergies with this family.

Daughter to gluten, Son to seafood, Wife to lactose and Sister to not being a complete jackass.

Edit:

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Happy ending:

Holy gently caress what a dumbass boyfriend. Thank goodness she's getting rid of that specimen from the shallow end of the gene pool.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Soylent Pudding posted:

just cooking a full meal as a child has a loving meltdown

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

WoodrowSkillson posted:

just cooking a full meal as a child has a loving meltdown

No, no, no. That's an excitement panic attack.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Soylent Pudding posted:

Repeatedly poisoning the hand that feeds you. Just marvelous.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

champagne posting posted:

If moms so mad maybe she should take her careless daughter in

Hell, why didn't they go cook in mom's kitchen?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Runcible Cat posted:

Hell, why didn't they go cook in mom's kitchen?

because cooking in mom's kitchen won't prove that food intolerances don't exist, it has to be around the celiac child

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Goddamn that "he had been taking my oral steroids that I was prescribed with, thinking that they would make him buff at the gym." is too long for a thread title because holy poo poo how dumb can you be.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kurieg posted:

Goddamn that "he had been taking my oral steroids that I was prescribed with, thinking that they would make him buff at the gym." is too long for a thread title because holy poo poo how dumb can you be.

He's Buffy the Relationship Slayer

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

...he told me that in our first year of being together as a couple (when I had a few flare ups before finding some good products that worked for me) he had been taking my oral steroids that I was prescribed with, thinking that they would make him buff at the gym...

God I would love to know what that did to his immune system

Kurieg posted:

You could shave it down to 'he was taking my prescription steroids, thinking they would make him buff', maybe?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I like to imagine that was supposed to be a little admission to build back trust after the argument and apologies, but it just sank the whole drat thing. What a moron.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Kurieg posted:

One of the kids I worked with way back when told me he and a pal bought two bottles of Isopropyl Alcohol at the drugstore and were very disappointed that
they didn't get drunk. The only thing that saved their stupid asses was they mixed the iso with orange juice.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

"" posted:

... until he told me that in our first year of being together as a couple (when I had a few flare ups before finding some good products that worked for me) he had been taking my oral steroids that I was prescribed with, thinking that they would make him buff at the gym. The whole year I battled through with insecurities and unbearable pain because I wasn’t able to overcome my flare ups.

This makes absolutely zero sense. Was he snatching the pills out of the air as you tossed them up above your head and into your mouth with your eyes closed, and you didn't realize they weren't landing? This is like the definition of a zero-sum game. If he's taking them, you are not, and you would know if your pill bottle was suddenly empty two weeks into every month. This makes the entire thing sound like bullshit.

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 23, 2022

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Good chance he's the 8 Days In A Week bodybuilder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rescue Toaster posted:

This makes absolutely zero sense. Was he snatching the pills out of the air as you tossed them up above your head and into your mouth with your eyes closed, and you didn't realize they weren't landing? This is like the definition of a zero-sum game. If he's taking them, you are not, and you would know if your pill bottle was suddenly empty two weeks into every month. This makes the entire thing sound like bullshit.

You really think he's taking them as directed and not like grabbing one every time she's not around and he's about to go to the gym?