Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Mesopotamia strikes back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the first thing i do with rice is salt it. Your rice is now pre-salted and you want to give up on a gold mine?

these farmers have no grindset mentality

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
no land? simple farm shrimp bing bong so easy

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

ArfJason posted:

they feed us cringe
so we buy their winpills
while they suppress our based

They said a million monkeys, a million typewriters, and yet...

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

an egg posted:

the cringe posts have the energy of spontaneous outbursts. inspiration strikes and the prophet must speak

Seems to happen if I drink too much milk

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

I was checking gbs for psycho chinathread/ua post but somebody formatted a post for this thread. thank u peckerwood

This reads like it was written specifically for high school debaters to grab quotes from

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
most article writers are still writing to impress their highschool/college english teacher.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

A Bakers Cousin posted:

no land? simple farm shrimp bing bong so easy

You will eat bugs, you will live in a pod, you will own nothing.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Homeless Friend posted:

most article writers are still writing to impress their highschool/college english teacher.

:agreed:

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

as sun tzu said, in the midst of chaos there is also opportunity. I have decided to embrace the leading edge crisis opportunism and have started a warlord consulting agency. neolithic agricultural and diplomatic techniques for the aspiring warlord will be the agency's bible as soon as I get it written

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/473437/dinosaur-tracks-from-113m-years-ago-exposed-by-severe-drought

I'm loving these highlights from the past before the credits role.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://twitter.com/France24_en/status/1562394285814665218

lol things are going trés bien

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
now we get to see what happens to western democraries when the terrible treat machine doesn't deliver the goods

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Hubbert posted:

now we get to see what happens to western democraries when the terrible treat machine doesn't deliver the goods
somewhere jimmy carter grunts

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

somewhere jimmy carter grunts

We are at a turning point in our history. There are two paths to choose. One is a path I’ve warned about tonight, the path that leads to fragmentation and self-interest. Down that road lies a mistaken idea of freedom, the right to grasp for ourselves some advantage over others. That path would be one of constant conflict between narrow interests ending in chaos and immobility. It is a certain route to failure.

guess which path we chose

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Yeah but there was a little trail of fast food and electronic goods along that path. What did you want me to do, go down the path made of literal dirt??

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://mobile.twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1562042001465704450

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

sounds like we should redistribute some resources

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Homeless Friend posted:

Mesopotamia strikes back

okay like

you GOTTA respect that hustle tho

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

you're telling me a rice farmer raised this shrimp

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I think I remember reading that Quinoa was being grown more for similar reasons.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
if handicapable tom hanks can do it, i'm sure a rice farmer can do it

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

very cyberpunk, i approve

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Homeless Friend posted:

As far back as 2016, Beijing was encouraging citizens to switch from eating water-intensive rice, the country’s traditional staple, to potatoes, which require less water to produce.

:lol: good luck with that

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
I grow grapes along the fence line for anybody to take and eat. I let milkweed grow 8ft tall so the butterflies have something to eat. I cut the yard once a year in late fall. In spring and summer the bees have the flowers.

Today I caught some neighbor "helping " by cutting down the "brush" on the edge of the property. (I.e. 15 year old grape vines that people pick as they walk by.) I certainly don't want to have a doomer mindset, but I am..... concerned about the average persons relationship with nature and how that affects our society.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Fell Mood posted:

I grow grapes along the fence line for anybody to take and eat. I let milkweed grow 8ft tall so the butterflies have something to eat. I cut the yard once a year in late fall. In spring and summer the bees have the flowers.

Today I caught some neighbor "helping " by cutting down the "brush" on the edge of the property. (I.e. 15 year old grape vines that people pick as they walk by.) I certainly don't want to have a doomer mindset, but I am..... concerned about the average persons relationship with nature and how that affects our society.

kill all the nature, thus leaving Clean Land for Good Humans; don't know what's so hard to grasp about that, it's worked for us so far, probably since the beginning of time

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Certainly don't know of anyone living somewhere where that doesn't work.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

less insanely irony poisoned though, whoever posted that article with the quote along the lines of, "you stupid fucks, the 'untouched nature' you revere is actually land that's been carefully managed over generations by indigenous people who you slaughtered and then got surprised things didn't stay the same because you had no respect for the knowledge they accumulated and applied"

that goes through my head a lot lately

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/Byron_Wan/status/1561437984280326144

silver linings i guess:

https://twitter.com/libijian2/status/1561209575415635971
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1561635093252538368

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Sure seems like a lot of heat waves and droughts and drying up rivers this summer. Probably nothing.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

add it to the victims of communism

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its fine, barely anyone or anything uses water

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I drink Coca Cola, personally

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Obviously not enough but a much more concrete step than the IRA (damning with faint praise)

https://twitter.com/MattHaneySF/status/1562473026578288641

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
saving the planet by doing some 15 years from now

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires

Lmao. Nothing to see here, don't worry about it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Shima Honnou posted:

saving the planet by doing some 15 years from now

The planet's been around for like 4 billion years I think it can wait another 15 :rolleyes:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
potentially sensitive content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Trabisnikof posted:

Obviously not enough but a much more concrete step than the IRA (damning with faint praise)

https://twitter.com/MattHaneySF/status/1562473026578288641
"only government in the world that mandates zero-emission vehicles" :jerkbag:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-out_of_fossil_fuel_vehicles#:~:text=Start year