Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jabro posted:

I had fun with Outriders and felt the story was underrated. I would love for them expand on it with a sequel but it looks like that is not in the cards.

I thought it was fantastic and the voice acting was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah if Outriders were just two seasons of a cool Canadian science fiction TV show it would be as beloved as Stargate or Farscape or any of those 90’s/00’s sci-fi dramas, it’s the same kind of casting/vibes except a little doomy//gloomy

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

Let the class wheel decide imo.

Class Wheel

For those who can't decide on what to play this season.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'll be back to good old Wiz this season, seems like they got the most things to play around with. Shadow DH also looks to be very powerful even if I'm not crazy about having to play Strafe.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Is that Wiz set you get for Haedrig's Gift reasonably powerful as a starting point?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

This season it's Tal's and Meteor got buffed bigly so yeah. Tal Rasha is also one of the easiest and most flexible starting sets in the game to gear up with.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tal's is fun as hell too

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Thanks guys, wiz it shall be.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
feeling the itch again, I've never made a tryhard wiz so i think that's a good idea

edit: is there a diablo 3 discord or channel on a goon one that anyone uses?

Target Practice fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Aug 22, 2022

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'm hyped after watching how good impale is with the season bonus. It'll be fun playing multishot on the way there too hopefully. Gonna set a goal to do a higher GR than ever this season. I think my highest is around 120 which shouldn't be too hard to beat hopefully. Hopefully I don't burn out before paragon 1000 like usual.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Target Practice posted:

feeling the itch again, I've never made a tryhard wiz so i think that's a good idea

edit: is there a diablo 3 discord or channel on a goon one that anyone uses?

We do have a discord but I don't have a link to it offhand. I thought there was one in the op but I appear to be wrong.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The old tal meteor build is one of my favourites of all time (along with holy shotgun and ue multushot) and I hope its as crazy as they think it will be as the last iteration with mempo wasn't tested on the ptr.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I'm hoping the Mempo gets updated as non-seasonal so people can test it out when the patch drops, wiz is definitely on my short list.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Mempo will be on NS after patch hits (tomorrow), you'll just have to make one at the cube or something.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Discord link: https://discord.gg/gN5xujsh

It self destructs 7ish days from now.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm hyped after watching how good impale is with the season bonus. It'll be fun playing multishot on the way there too hopefully. Gonna set a goal to do a higher GR than ever this season. I think my highest is around 120 which shouldn't be too hard to beat hopefully. Hopefully I don't burn out before paragon 1000 like usual.

With a little luck in your GR rng to assist you, it is entirely within the realm of possible for you to clear north of 120 before p1k. I don't think you'd have it on farm, but it'd be doable on demand basically.

And honestly once you are clearing GRs that high while still that early into your season paragon count, you'll be jumping levels so fast that you'll get to over 1k pretty quickly.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Dysgenesis posted:

The old tal meteor build is one of my favourites of all time (along with holy shotgun and ue multushot) and I hope its as crazy as they think it will be as the last iteration with mempo wasn't tested on the ptr.
I went poking around maxroll and was rather surprised to find Meteor Tal in their projected S Tier.

Of course, it's a finicky Star Pact build which means a right pain in the rear end to actually play... but I imagine that means the much more friendly lightning build or whatever should be plenty capable.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

LoD Meteor is also an option and you can work in Archon but it requires literally perfect rolls to play.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Patch dropped today. Sounds like the tal meteors don't get the billion meteors from Mempo, but they do get the damage bonus. And running the multi meteor skill on your hot bar does less damage apparently than running a different rune with Mempo, so don't make that mistake.

The first mistake, however, is playing wizard in the first place. :colbert:

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
They updated the Tal's 2 and 4 piece powers, too

quote:

Tal Rasha’s Elements (2-piece bonus): Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire, or Lightning attacks will grant immunity to that element and cause a Meteor of the same damage type to fall from the sky. This only occurs if the Wizard has Meteor on their action bar, and the same meteor cannot happen twice in a row.

Tal Rasha’s Elements (4-piece bonus): Arcane, Cold, Fire, and Lightning attacks each increase all of your resistances by 100% for 8 seconds. Attacking with Meteor reduces the cooldown of Teleport by 1 second.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Looks like they also doubled the 4 piece bonus to all res from the PTR's 50% to 100% on live. With the change in wording on the 2 piece is it possible they removed or reduced the internal cooldown between automatic meteors? Could just be they ran out of space, having to scroll the item properties box is ridiculous.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Something that wasn't immediately obvious to me is that the new Mempo doesn't just cast Meteor Shower, it makes a meteor shower out of the selected rune on your hotbar. So casting Star Pact with the Mempo equipped gives you an arcane meteor shower.

Slapped together a TR set and easily did a GR125 with nowhere near max rolls in the legendary slots. I think Tal's will be powerful, but it's still a bit squishy. Feels like something you'll build along the way to LoD Meteor, which has almost all of the same advantages while not dying to a stiff wind.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

After playing around with a few more setups I think my favorite rune is going to be Comet. You get incredible screen control, the low resource cost lets you drop a primary skill and use Conduit to restore your AP instead. Then you can cube Mempo and wear Squirt's with something like Diamond Skin and Galvanizing Ward to keep your shields up. Aughild's Bracers and Shoulders with RoRG in the cube. It all comes together very well. Star Pact might edge it out in terms of the raw damage, but remember, a dead Wizard does no DPS. I easily cleared a GR135 and I think I'll just park it there in anticipation of the new season.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Hit 2001 in ns paragon after the season ended!

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Been a long time since I played, are Necros still you firing off the big power then doing nothing until it recharges?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Lazymancers have been obsolete for quite some time now and Necros are overall one of the more involved classes to play. That being said there are some item changes and a new seasonal gimmick coming in S27 that let you sit in one place and spam Death Nova all day.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

boneration posted:

Been a long time since I played, are Necros still you firing off the big power then doing nothing until it recharges?

Check out maxroll.gg for some guides but there's a couple of "nova" builds using the updated Trag'oul or there's a LoD nova build. There's also the reworked last season (?) Rathma Army of the Dead. There's still corpse explosion builds that require Land of the Dead (the big power) but it's not required to play them.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Oh I’m really looking forward to wizarding out this season. Wizard was always my first and favorite class, and these buffs are awesome. Has anyone played with Delsere’s set? Both Tal’s and Delsere’s look like great fun and I can’t wait to build them both.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DMO got some nice quality of life fixes that make it feel a lot less clunky to play, although my feeling is that regular old LoD Orb is still stronger. Either way, Frozen Orb will be a fun build in S27 with the crucible power that fires off 4-5 of them in a row.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
The new season pet is super cute :3:

https://i.imgur.com/8zJyBx6.mp4

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I usually don't do enough to get the season pets, but I may try hard enough to get the pupper.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

I crapped out on finishing the last season journey because I wasn’t that interested in the goblin with a lollipop… this, tho, this is worth getting.

If they’re still rotating old seasonal rewards back in, I wonder when they’re going to bring back the galaxy wings? I missed those the first time around.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I usually don't do enough to get the season pets, but I may try hard enough to get the pupper.

If you ask goons for help and know what you need to do you can do it in no time. It's super easy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

NGL I'm pretty hype for S27. Lots of fun new builds to try, and hopefully the crucible powers get slapped onto some uniques after the season ends.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I had a couple of extra copies of Diablo 3 for switch and mailed one to my highschool friend who was my main videogame friend in highschool. We traded computer games, and always tried to convince our parents to give us different systems so we could play everything. We've kept in "Facebook friend" touch, but this season will be the first game we've played together in like 20 years and his first Diablo game.

Two adults scheduling their weekend around playing videogames. :allears:

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

RodShaft posted:

I had a couple of extra copies of Diablo 3 for switch and mailed one to my highschool friend who was my main videogame friend in highschool. We traded computer games, and always tried to convince our parents to give us different systems so we could play everything. We've kept in "Facebook friend" touch, but this season will be the first game we've played together in like 20 years and his first Diablo game.

Two adults scheduling their weekend around playing videogames. :allears:

This owns. Have fun!

I agree with exquisite tea I am really excited about this season. Way more than last. Some really cool builds I can't wait to play.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I haven’t played a Crusader in years, so it’s time to get the lads together and go for a pony ride.

Updating OP this evening, are there good goon write ups of the new game mode, nightmare whatever’s? I want to add it to the OP but I haven’t done any of them and don’t know what they are. Anything else worth adding?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
Just say that it's an easy way to get your 125 augment gems and post a link to https://d3.maxroll.gg/resources/echoing-nightmare-explained

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Since Asia already started season 27, do we have an update on if crusaders are still overpowered or if they were nerfed too much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Wasn't sure if I'd be back, saw barbs are getting Wastes, open palm reinstalled