Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

AlbertFlasher posted:

Just say that it's an easy way to get your 125 augment gems and post a link to https://d3.maxroll.gg/resources/echoing-nightmare-explained

Will this still be the case after this xp nerf?
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo3/23816414/season-27-light-s-calling-preview

quote:

The Experience rewarded upon completion of an Echoing Nightmare has been reduced by 83%.

I haven't played since Echoing Nightmare was introduced so idk if most of the xp was from the mobs or from this completion reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The main purpose of Echoing Nightmares was to give players a way to quickly apply augments without running a million GRs for gem levels. It also incidentally ended up awarding a crapton of XP such that for many classes the best way to gain Paragon was to do this kinda boring and shallow survival arena mode over and over again. This change drastically reduces the XP gain so that people don't feel compelled to play EN for anything except augmenting gear. It's a good change imho.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Oh duh, gem levelling is detached from xp. It's been so long I forgot how they worked. It used to be you had to run Greater Rifts to level gems, so getting them to high levels took a ton of GR runs. I thought that was tedious so if the EN mode cuts this process down I'm all for it.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
So the impression I’m getting for Wizard this season is “get the easy Tal Rasha Meteor build going and then start collecting for the LoD Meteor build.” That seems streamlined and fun!

I really hope they give Witch Doctor some love next season to get it into S-Tier, though. I don’t think I’ve played one since I collected the blue swirly unique weapon cosmetics in, what, season 23?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Diephoon posted:

It used to be you had to run Greater Rifts to level gems, so getting them to high levels took a ton of GR runs. I thought that was tedious so if the EN mode cuts this process down I'm all for it.

No this is still the case for your legendary gems. EN gives you a level 125 gem (assuming you clear >= 125)that's only used for augmenting. You still have to level your other ones for your jewelry slots.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Any tips on leveling wiz if you cube up empty on useful stuff from your cache? Is this Icy Veins leveling build reasonable? Was gonna go for massacre bonuses in Temple of the Firstborn either way.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Suburban Dad posted:

No this is still the case for your legendary gems. EN gives you a level 125 gem (assuming you clear >= 125)that's only used for augmenting. You still have to level your other ones for your jewelry slots.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. This is usually the point of min maxing where I get bored and stop playing, but with this season I can probably be entertained by trying all of the crucible class mods on top of all the new sets I have missed.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Suburban Dad posted:

I believe Diephoon means running the billion rifts to level a sacrificial legendary gem for an augment is not needed with the Echoing Nightmare. The legendary gems that you use equip still need to be leveled via running GRs. I'm glad for the change because depending on how many builds/classes you could be looking at ~8-10 gems to level which is a lot of speed GRs

marshalljim posted:

Any tips on leveling wiz if you cube up empty on useful stuff from your cache? Is this Icy Veins leveling build reasonable? Was gonna go for massacre bonuses in Temple of the Firstborn either way.

That seems reasonable, if you don't have any multipliers it's just disintegrate until 70 and really through your Haedrig's set as well. This level guide looks about the same except hydra instead of explosive blast which I would probably do.

Going to play Wizard for me, I love Tal so happy to see it buffed to the moon. I usually end up playing a second class and thinking Necro because of Trags. Also, going to be the first season I try the boss rush conquest on Switch. Worst case I'll end up doing the 8 sets, I think the Wizard ones are fairly easy and Necro is stupidly easy.

DH and Barb got the most interesting S27 powers but I played DH last two seasons and spinning daggers doesn't excite me. The Barb power is cool if you want to zBarb or push but I generally just do speed GRs until I get bored and leave so the whirlwind power isn't as interesting.

I think for the OP mentioning Echoing Nightmares for augments and to do them even as a casual is important. I would also add the follower rework. All of this should just link to Maxroll but I think it's good to point at the highlights to other goons. Also link to the 1-70 level guide on Maxroll. I think it's missing a couple of steps which is to craft all new yellows at 61 for a big power spike. If you are on console you can get massacre bonuses in Rifts. Happy Season 27!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

marshalljim posted:

Upgrade a wand for the cube power. If it's Serpent Sparker or the Frag then try to gamble sources for Winter Flurry. If it's anything else then gamble helms for Leo's Crown. Wizards don't have to worry too much about early gambles because as soon as you get Disintegrate all you need is a big rare 2H weapon to carry you to max level.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cursed chest events are really good for leveling, especially if you have an aoe-heavy class.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

Upgrade a wand for the cube power. If it's Serpent Sparker or the Frag then try to gamble sources for Winter Flurry. If it's anything else then gamble helms for Leo's Crown. Wizards don't have to worry too much about early gambles because as soon as you get Disintegrate all you need is a big rare 2H weapon to carry you to max level.
I look forward to my wizard-leveling-seasons a lot, because murdering everything with Disintegrate is very fun. Do recommend.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I feel like wizards also get the best, easiest mobility tool, with Aether Walker and the crafted source. Also the Firebird set bonus. Its really easy to speed farm as a wizard

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Thanks for the Wizard advice. I haven't played one in forever; looks like it'll be fun.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Crusader a good choice for this season? I saw the Haedrig's Gift was the Sweep Attack one and I could be convinced to get started with that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm gonna play WW Barb because I want to play but also I'm feeling lazy and I mainly just want to hold down one button.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I assume all the streamers who are already playing have VPN'd into the China server or something, right? And those of us who don't want to jump through that hoop have to wait ~5 hours?

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Noper Q posted:

I assume all the streamers who are already playing have VPN'd into the China server or something, right? And those of us who don't want to jump through that hoop have to wait ~5 hours?

its open on the EU servers

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I don't think there's cross region progress like d2r.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Vargatron posted:

Crusader a good choice for this season? I saw the Haedrig's Gift was the Sweep Attack one and I could be convinced to get started with that.

IMO, no but I'm not really of fan of that class as a whole so I may be biased. I don't think any of their powers with the season theme are great or that powerful. But as with any season, play whatever you feel like playing and if it sucks, get a power level tomorrow and go a different route.

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
wow had no idea new season started today, just kind of had a thought about either buying D2 or playing D3. Probably will do DH because I want to do a flippy spinny fast character

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I've settled on Necro and will probably roll a Wiz alt for meteor fun too. Maybe I'll actually be able to max out int on my enchantress for once, too!

Noper Q posted:

You don't need a VPN or anything, just change your region in the launcher. But Mustached Demon is right, there's no cross-region progress so whatever you do on Asia or Europe is locked there.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

LegoMan posted:

wow had no idea new season started today, just kind of had a thought about either buying D2 or playing D3. Probably will do DH because I want to do a flippy spinny fast character

You may be pleased to know that with this new season that not only can you do this, but there are multitudes more options for this

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Yep, also doing Wizard this season after having done Crusader and Demon Hunter the past 2. Look forward to dropping bombs yo

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Zenithe posted:

You may be pleased to know that with this new season that not only can you do this, but there are multitudes more options for this

I haven't played in a long time, haedrig's gift is only 1 character right? If so I might just do Wizard for the free set which happens to be it's best build.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Tal Rasha set looks very fun yes.

Depending on how long it has been, it might be good to know you can farm every set on a character in a couple of hours so it's not quite as important which set you get in it anymore unless you are super unlucky.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

How do you do this

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
By having GR90 on farm with whatever set you already have.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I'm seeing server down in the US. Anyone else?

E: ignore I was set to the PTR

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 27, 2022

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

55 minutes into the season and I'm almost about ready to start. How is it every season life gets in the way of me playing when I plan for it for a week.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I chose wizard, got a starfire for my cube item, decide to simply give up on having any kind of good luck and roll for leorics helm and get my entire challenge rift shards worth of rares and magic items.

Anyone on switch feel like powerlevelling me in a few days?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

After being late to start, I messed up every part of the leveling setup. I was just flustered and wasted my mats on the wrong things. Then the group i was running with was leveling by doing bounties. Like hadn't even gotten the cube. But if you don't let my friends husband be in charge he flips out and is all drama. He also won't play with anyone higher level than him, so we can literally only play as a group the first night, then I power level her a second character to play with me so she doesn't get higher level than him. It's messed up.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

RodShaft posted:

After being late to start, I messed up every part of the leveling setup. I was just flustered and wasted my mats on the wrong things. Then the group i was running with was leveling by doing bounties. Like hadn't even gotten the cube. But if you don't let my friends husband be in charge he flips out and is all drama. He also won't play with anyone higher level than him, so we can literally only play as a group the first night, then I power level her a second character to play with me so she doesn't get higher level than him. It's messed up.

Dude that sounds like you should just do your own thing. Gaming should be fun

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Jesus. Why would you go through that?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Love season start night. Running a funky UE build that doesn't have yang's. Just hungering arrow and the primary skill belt with simplicity's strength. All generators baby. I am very squishy but the damage is passable. Fun to do builds you never otherwise would because you gotta run what you brung.

Then I got a heart slaughter as my primal. Welp.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

RodShaft posted:

After being late to start, I messed up every part of the leveling setup.

OH BOY

This season, I got both a crown and pox faulds from Kadala. I then died by getting cornered on the way to the cube.

Also the best roll I could get on my weapon was -9

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What should I be doing as a crusader to MinMax myself starting off and making it as painless as possible?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

What should I be doing as a crusader to MinMax myself starting off and making it as painless as possible?

Not much during a fresh season start and without boosts - make sure your weapon is up to date, get more Wrath however you can. It's going to be painful until you get Blessed Hammer.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Zenithe posted:

Also the best roll I could get on my weapon was -9

The only saving grace of my poo poo rolls was a -6 level requirement weapon

Thorg
Jan 1, 2007
Thorg hungry! Thorg want eat!
I feel so dumb. I did The Thrill conquest with a 10~ minute clear. It wasn't until I was upgrading gems that I realized I left my level 35 Legacy of Dreams gem in my stash. I put it on and did another GR45 in 2~minutes.

For the season start I hosed up the -level req weapon by trying to make bows on a Necro (Necros can still roll discipline unlike Witch Doctors). Ended up making a -17 one handed hammer for my DH. I got super super lucky with gambling though. Got Wraps of Clarity, Leoric's crown, Pox Faulds, and still had 200 blood shards left over.

So despite loving up a few times I had a pretty successful start to the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

GR70 free primal for my barb