Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

captainOrbital posted:

I saw them (Short Fuse is Getting Shorter dating Tall Fuse is Getting Taller) at a concert in Chicago at the Salt Shed and I was like drat that tall-rear end dude's eight-year-old is super handsy.

My wife is 4'10.5" (148.6 cm) but luckily she is not easily mistaken for a child and also I am def not 6'6"

I'm not sure if this is a joke, or the actual name of a band that would open for another, even weird named act like The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid To Die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Neito posted:

I'm not sure if this is a joke, or the actual name of a band that would open for another, even weird named act like The World Is A Beautiful Place and I Am No Longer Afraid To Die.

Short Fuse is Getting Shorter dating Tall Fuse is Getting Taller refers to the way she described herself in the Dear Prudence letter :) in case people forgot the story with the psyduck.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

captainOrbital posted:

Short Fuse is Getting Shorter dating Tall Fuse is Getting Taller refers to the way she described herself in the Dear Prudence letter :) in case people forgot the story with the psyduck.

Fair enough, but if i ever start a post-rock band I'm stealing that for the name.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

People making statements about your height but with the same tone of voice you'd give a compliment is annoying as hell

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not letting my stepsister paint the room I’m letting her stay in?

Sister wants to stay for way more than two months.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to pay my share of an airbnb until the buyer gives a billing statement

That level of effort and risking blowing up all your friendships to embezzle $250 on a $5000$4750 bill seems insane to me.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That level of effort and risking blowing up all your friendships to embezzle $250 on a $5000$4750 bill seems insane to me.

I wonder if he meant 250 on the individual totals, so 2500?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Neito posted:

Fair enough, but if i ever start a post-rock band I'm stealing that for the name.

My kids and I were making fun of I Love You, and Despite Loving You, Which I Do, I Have Chosen Darkness.

Somebody Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, But Because They Were Promised Jetpacks, They Have Chosen Darkness

Eridine
Aug 11, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I read it as him adding $250 to each persons bill, as in, the actual amount was $2500, so he was embezzling the other $2500. Still not really worth blowing up your own family members bridal party.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

sephiRoth IRA posted:

I wonder if he meant 250 on the individual totals, so 2500?
Gambling/drugs/camgirl/mobilegame debt detected.

e: Also possibly crypto/memestock

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eridine posted:

I read it as him adding $250 to each persons bill, as in, the actual amount was $2500, so he was embezzling the other $2500. Still not really worth blowing up your own family members bridal party.

nah its says added $250 to the "total cost" which only makes sense as pocketing a total of $250

it's enough money to matter and a small enough amount to assume nobody will notice and rationalize it as charging a fee for all your effort

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

evilweasel posted:

nah its says added $250 to the "total cost" which only makes sense as pocketing a total of $250

it's enough money to matter and a small enough amount to assume nobody will notice and rationalize it as charging a fee for all your effort

OP confirms in the comments that it was $250 total added. I read it the other way at first too, I figured they were going all in on the grift.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Captain Hygiene posted:

OP confirms in the comments that it was $250 total added. I read it the other way at first too, I figured they were going all in on the grift.

Oh drat, that's so much stupider

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Lol charging $25 per person and then being super secretive about it

Just call it an "incidentals" fee and don't act suspicious and nobody would even raise an eyebrow

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for telling my sister to adopt kids if she wants them so much?

quote:

My (35F) sister Hannah (28F) (fake name for the post) went through a horrible divorce in 2021 and lost her home. I let her live with me for two years so she could save some money for a new home. I am a single mother of 2 girls, 9 and 4. We had more than enough space for one more person so we were happy to have her.

She helps around the house, pays some of the bills (even though I told her she doesn't need to) and is generally sweet. My daughters love her too. She works part time and since she spends many hours at home, she willingly took up the role of a babysitter so I wouldn't have to pay for a nanny/daycare anymore. Of course I was happy with this.

Onto the issue. I'm glad she takes such good care of my daughter but sometimes I think she takes it too far. She started asking to tag along to school events for my eldest, which wasn't a problem until she started introducing my kids as hers. I talked to her about it and told her it's confusing for teachers if they have contradicting information about who my kids' parents are. She stopped but only for a while until I learnt my new neighbors think she's my kids' mom.

I was floored yesterday when my youngest called her mommy in my presence. I asked Hannah what was going on and brushed it off saying toddlers often look at random women and say mama or random men and say dada. I instantly knew that was a lie because my daughter has never called anyone else mommy. While I was helping my eldest with homework, she told me her sister only calls Hannah mommy because Hannah told them to call her that in public and she was scared to tell me because 'aunt Hannah will get mad'.

I was furious. I confronted her immediately and her response is along the lines of "You should be happy I treat them well enough for them to see me as a second mother. Your girls are happy to have a second mom as well." and "I just love kids."

I was fuming. In the heat of the argument I told her if she wants kids so much she should adopt some of her own. I admit this was mean since she can't have kids and it was part of what caused her divorce, and my family has been calling and texting and calling me cruel for what I said, but I also feel she needed to hear this. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

you should just let her have your kids, OP, to keep the peace

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Foo Diddley posted:

This is one of those stories where I assume the OP is probably overreacting just a bit at first, and then I hit a point where horror movie strings start playing

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Ensign Expendable posted:

T1D better stand for Tier 1 Dick, because I don't see what else he brings to the relationship.

I believe we're calling that STD now... S-Tier Dick.

How do I [23F] get over my resentment for my boyfriend [22M] and jealousy for my sister's [19F] relationship?

quote:

I've been dating my boyfriend "Gerald" for over a year now and I'm realize that we never really did anything during the relationship. Before lockdown, we'd go out to eat and watch anime at his place but that's it.

Now that I look back on it, we never really did anything special and he never did anything nice for me. Like, we went out to the boardwalk for a date I planned but he wanted to spend it playing arcade games. When I suggested various rides we can go on, he chickened out and said that those kinds of attractions freak him out. Dates with him were just getting take out and playing video games (or watching him and his friends game). He has been faltering in other parts of his life lately (lost job but shows now interest in applying for work, does nothing but sleep or play video games, and he's gained like 50lbs).

Since we've been apart, I've grown to resent him for never taking the initiative. It feels like I never really had a relationship with him, that he's more of just a friend than a boyfriend.

Meanwhile, my sister and my best friend are dating incredible guys. They're handsome, driven, and hardworking. They're proactive. They take them out and do fun stuff like hiking or picnics or even do zoom chats but instead of video games and TV they're playing games and even just chatting. My sister is even planning on moving overseas to be with her dude. I want the kind of relationships they're having, but my boyfriend doesn't seem to get the picture no matter how many times I've tried to talk to him. And here I am, stuck with this guy that I just can't feel anything more than resentment. I want him to push himself and show that he actually gives a drat about things. But instead, he just sits on the couch with his eyes locked on the screen and I can't stand it anymore.

How do I get over my resentment for my boyfriend? And if possible, how to reign in my jealousy? Sorry if its a lot to ask.

UPDATE: 2 years later...

quote:

I made a post on r/relationship_advice about two years ago. I don't think I got any actual helpful advice aside from "dump his rear end", but a lot has changed that I thought I would update.

For starters, I dumped Gerald. He was upset and tried to convince me to give him a second chance, but I was done. I was sick of wasting all my time watching anime and gaming with him. I don't even like anime. And I was getting really burned out on nerd poo poo to begin with. It took my older, more intimidating sister to tell him to never call me again.

Last I heard, he was still unemployed and living with his parents. No one else in his life. Pretty sad, to be honest.

As for me, well things are starting to look up. Part of my frustration two years ago was dating as someone with Asperger's. People think that, when you're an Aspie, you can't function well in society. They treat you like you are meant to be handled with kid gloves, or like a young child. And I was frustrated that with my diagnosis, I was doomed to date losers like Gerald.

To be honest, I didn't really find the advice I got helpful. I instead asked my sisters what to do. I always trusted their advice and I still do.

I don't talk to my old friends from two years ago anymore. I realized they were just not worth keeping around. I was also fed up with my job in IT. I hated computers and the whole geek culture surrounding it, but felt pushed into it because of my aspergers and how they are great at technology to begin with. It made good money, but what's the point of having that paycheck when you can't enjoy it? I had no real friends, a boyfriend I resented, a job that I was crying every time I thought about it. I was miserable.

Thanks to my sister's help and advice, I decided to turn things around. I went back to school and I am currently studying forensic science. It's something I was always passionate about but discouraged from pursuing for that more lucrative tech degree. I had an internship with my city's police department earlier this year, and never have I found work that I found to be stimulating and fulfilling for me. I love hanging out with the friends I made. We share a dark humor that can brighten the grimmest of cases. I can actually talk to them about the things that interest me, like historical cold cases and anatomy and bizarre illnesses.

And I am in a happy relationship! It's with a woman I met in one of my classes and we compliment each other so well. I won't say her real name, but let's say it's Maria and never have I felt so content to be with someone. We have a date later tonight and are making plans to move in together.

All in all, I will say this is a chapter of my life I consider closed. Me from two years ago would be happy to know that I am thriving now.

TLDR: I dumped Gerald and found a better life for myself.

An r/r success story:
Left STEM
Left Dick
Is Happy

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

FMguru posted:

I'm digging the idea that the house owner should have "compromised". Like allowing the stepsister to paint only the bottom half of the room, or something, I guess?
Obviously the sister should have been allowed to paint the room a shade halfway between pink and whatever color the walls are now.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Foo Diddley posted:

you should just let her have your kids, OP, to keep the peace

And you let her live with you to "save up for a new house" but she's only working part time? WTF. This is not an arrangement that was going to work even before she went all pre-kidnappy.....or was she planning on pushing OP in front of a truck and stepping into her role seamlessly?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
The hand that rocks the cradle redux

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hughlander posted:

How do I [23F] get over my resentment for my boyfriend [22M] and jealousy for my sister's [19F] relationship?

An r/r success story:
Left STEM
Left Dick
Is Happy

became a cop, ESH

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

just make the stepsister paint it back when she leaves

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Lone Goat posted:

became a cop, ESH

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Hughlander posted:

An r/r success story:
Left STEM
Left Dick
Is Happy

partial success at best, she wants to be a cop

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

WoodrowSkillson posted:

just make the stepsister paint it back when she leaves

Leaves?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AceClown posted:

partial success at best, she wants to be a cop

The forensics tech is not going to be out there killing people for sneezing. And one can hope she's an ethical forensics tech who doesn't just tell the cops what they want to hear about the guy they're convicting.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The forensics tech is not going to be out there killing people for sneezing. And one can hope she's an ethical forensics tech who doesn't just tell the cops what they want to hear about the guy they're convicting.

Yeah she might be like Dexter and killing cops.

AITA for blowing up on a customer he can rebuilt the fence himself if he has a problem with me being a woman?

I (F20) have been interested in woodworking since I was 12 and from 15 I was helping out at my stepdad's business. First it was just cleaning, holding, bringing things but later I became pretty much a full employee outside studies.

Last month was busy so I took what seemed like simpler contracts or orders to do myself. One of those was making new and replacing some balcony fence planks. I talked with the customer on phone beforehand and later went there to take measurements and other details.

When I first came, he didn't look exactly pleased, asking me if there's someone else coming later. I had that happen before, I have no problem with this. I tried to lighten the mood by saying "How hard can using a tape measure and a drill be?"

Also said that he hopes the measures will be correct and then asked if I'll be the one doing the actual planks and replacement too. I answered most probably.

Few days later, I went to actually replace the planks.

He didn't say much at first, since the planks were good. But then he started nagging like "you're holding it wrong" (I wasn't), "you're making mess here" (with the old ones rotten into oblivion). All while basically breathing down my neck. That was tolerable still, what wasn't was him saying "you said you can do I yourself!" or "see, why trades are man dominated?" when I asked him to hold or hand me something.

When I finished, he told me it wasn't half bad but it could be better and faster. Like excuse me, the size - match, lining, distances - good and match, paint - good. Why did it take longer? Almost as if there was something to speed it up little. I asked if he sees any particular problem so I can fix it. He said no, just that a "normal" woodworker would do it faster.

I just lost it and said "Well I repaired your loving fence, that makes me a woodworker enough, or not, because women can't be in trades? Why didn't you do it yourself, if I shouldn't do trade jobs in the first place?!"

He told me the good old respect elders and not to raise voice on customers but you know, I can tolerate only so much.

AITA?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I did tell the client I have been doing woodworking for 8 years.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 26, 2022

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kenshin posted:

This one is pretty :psyduck:

Shauna Rae Reddit alt spotted
https://nypost.com/2022/01/11/shauna-rae-who-is-22-but-looks-8-can-spot-creeps-when-dating/

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Look you did an OKAY job. For a girl.

I get a discount because you were so slow, right?

AITA for not requiring my son to do chores?

quote:

My ex wife and I (31m) have been divorced for ten years. We kept the proceedings as civil as possible but I still find co-parenting to be a challenge all these years later. We got married when I was young and I left the relationship feeling used and taken advantage of. The one good thing that came out of it all was our son, 12m.

Since the divorce, I have remarried. My husband and I have another child, 6m. I thought it would get easier overtime, the week-by-week custody agreement, but I think it’s gotten harder. My son has a familial unit here. He has two loving parents, a little brother he adores, a huge backyard he can play in. It’s difficult for all of us to say goodbye to him and just go about our lives while he’s elsewhere - and that ‘elsewhere’ is a place he doesn’t enjoy being.

All that backstory leads to the issue we’ve been having lately: My husband I don’t require either of our children to do traditional chores. We employ a house keeper who has since become a family friend, so all the common shared areas of our home are always kept in order that way. Instead, everyone is only responsible for their own bedroom. The littles often still help one another, and help my husband and I, tidy up. We feel like this still promotes responsibility and a feeling of camaraderie, maybe even more so since they’re helping each other out of kindness instead of doing it because they both share the same space.

My oldest son has been complaining to me for a while now that he feels his mom doesn’t do much of the cleaning at all, and leaves it all for him to do when he arrives at her house for the week. He says there are often dirty dishes and unmopped/vacuumed floors in the home when he arrives and he is expected to do both of those things within the first day of him being there.

I was going to raise this issue with my ex wife soon, but instead she came to me and said she felt I was spoiling my son by not requiring him to do some of the more traditional chores, and that he was often complaining about what he had to do at her home. I told her that he had actually been telling me he was basically getting used for a glorified maid at her house, and that she has an entire week free to prepare for his arrival. There is no reason for him to be showing up to a dirty house. We are seemingly at an impasse now.

AITA?

Part of me wonders how the other household is; does the kid just not do his usual chores, like the dishes, so mom leaves them for when he gets back?

Can't wait for this 12 year old's SO to post in a few years about how he never cleans.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AITA for refusing to help a coworker.

quote:

I(28F) am single, don't have kids and live alone. I also do not work OT or do anything beyond my work. Also I am not in the US.

First let me explain what my work is like: so we are an internal auditing company. I work in the logistics auditing division. What that means is that when a company hires us (mostly to see how good their policies are), we shadow their workers, to see where efficiency can be increased. Sometimes that means working night shift, delivery, warehouse, manufacturing...etc.

We are very lucky that we have an awesome manager and team leader. Once we divide the tasks, you can do them whenever as long as you report is handed when it should be. Work from home, from the office, at 3am, less than 40hrs... It doesn't matter.

For the 6 years I have been on this team, another female coworker (30s) has been doing her absolute best to work the least amount possible. First she is either always pregnant and not "able" to shadow anyone but the office workers, she is on maternity leave (4 months), on her yearly vacation (a month), or conveniently sick when it is time for some heavy duty work (she sends in a doctor's notice, and we have unlimited PTO as long as you have a doctor's notice). And we she is in the office, she is dumping her work on the others. She uses her kids as an excuse all the time.

Well usually the other team members pick up her slack, I refuse to do so.

This time we are auditing a larger company, so all hands on deck. And for the first time ever she is neither pregnant nor on maternity leave, and she just got back from her yearly leave.

The company we are auditing is in another city, so the members who will have to go will be staying there for 3 weeks. This time it is my turn to stay in the office (well my home TBH) and do the data organisation/analysis.

She asked me to switch with her, apparently she can't leave her 5 kids alone with her husband. I said no. She tried to guilt trip me by saying that what she would have to pay for child care is more than what she would get paid for the whole month, and that I don't have any responsibilities like her. I told her "well they are not my kids, so I don't see how that is my problem"

Now she is pouting like a kid, and some coworkers are saying that I don't know how hard working moms have it, that I should be more compassionate.

So AITA?

I'm tentatively going with ESH but have a hard time sympathizing with a corporate worker who complains about someone being lazy.

On the other hand, what is the husband doing that he can't watch five kids? Are they both full time workers?

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Admiral Joeslop posted:

AITA for refusing to help a coworker.

I'm tentatively going with ESH but have a hard time sympathizing with a corporate worker who complains about someone being lazy.

On the other hand, what is the husband doing that he can't watch five kids? Are they both full time workers?

You know, capitalism is a bullshit system to try and raise a family in

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I'm going with NTA.

Capitalism sucks but the worker shouldn't have to do poo poo to go above and beyond. Also the "you don't have kids so you don't have responsibilities" line made me decide that easily.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

My judgement went against her when she made the comment that she's "always pregnant and not able" because gently caress you. Women get the short straw here when it comes to babies and business and no sane professional risk assessment would send a pregnant lady to audit manufacturing warehouses at random times of the night. What the actual gently caress no. That doesn't make her any less capable or able to do her job otherwise.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Oh my god. What a challenge for her. I had a real babyface in my late teens early 20s and was refused entry into bars quite a few times despite having ID. I once had my ID confiscated and had to get the police involved to retrieve it.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm going with NTA.

Surely it has to be ESH at least, when she is hostile to her co-worker for the crimes of having maternity leave and annual leave, and sometimes being sick.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'm going with NTA.

Capitalism sucks but the worker shouldn't have to do poo poo to go above and beyond. Also the "you don't have kids so you don't have responsibilities" line made me decide that easily.

Yeah, if a job responsibility is occasionally traveling for an extended period and you're not able to do that, and actually doing it would cost you more than you earn, it sounds like this isn't the job for you.

I was also baffled by "constantly pregnant" until she said 5 kids.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
AITA for not taking down my video that was a gift from my best man.

quote:

I have a sister that’s 6 years older than me.

My parents for years cancel on me last min because of my sister. I have a basketball game. Ops sorry sister doesn’t feel like going out. I am graduating ops sorry sister had a bad day at work. They have missed both major and smaller events in my life because of her melt downs.

I met the love of my life. We decided to tie the knot. From the beginning I told my parents how I am worried my sister will ruin another special moment in my life. My mom told me over and over again it would not happen.

The day of my wedding. I received a voicemail from my mom saying they couldn’t come because my sisters dog was sick and she was upset.

I was hurt, my best man however is a jokester. He took my phone then went to my fiancé and asked if he could post a video of our wedding as a gift? On social media. She loved his idea.

I had no idea about it until I came home. Our honeymoon was at a lake side cabin. No cell service.

The post caption was “My best friend. He is an amazing person even if his parents NEVER showed up for him. video was still pictures of us next to her parents, me on the dance floor, cutting the cake. Where you would normally see both parents in wedding pictures. The sound behind the video was my moms voice mail explaining how they couldn’t come because my sisters dog was sick.

I came home a week later to hundreds of messages. Family members from both sides insisting I take it down. I was told my sister hasn’t stopped crying. My mom is refusing to leave the house.

I maybe the A here. I didn’t take it down when I got my messages. I didn’t call my family back right away. I waited until my vacation time was over at work and enjoyed my time with my Wife. In our new home. Before I contacted anyone.

My dad told me to take down the video. It was “just a bad night for them”. That they will make it up to me and my wife for not coming. My reply was exactly how do you plan to “make up” my wedding? It’s a once in a life time thing. You choose to ignore my feeling on the whole matter.

Then he just repeated he will make it up to me. I told him I would take down the video only when he made up missing my wedding. Flustered we both hung up the phone before we both said things we shouldn’t have.

Am I the A here. I could have just taken down the video.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

deported to Canada posted:

My judgement went against her when she made the comment that she's "always pregnant and not able" because gently caress you. Women get the short straw here when it comes to babies and business and no sane professional risk assessment would send a pregnant lady to audit manufacturing warehouses at random times of the night. What the actual gently caress no. That doesn't make her any less capable or able to do her job otherwise.

The gently caress you need 5 babies for?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for not taking down my video that was a gift from my best man.

The best best man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
WIBTA if I decided not to keep my word?

quote:

Edit: we were told our female cats were spayed when we got them, these litters were very unintentional and we've since fixed that issue. Our cats came from the shelter so we didn't think they needed to be checked to make sure the actually got spayed.

My cat recently had kittens, they've almost reached 8 weeks old so ive started looking for new homes for them. There are 6, we decided to keep one, I found a home for 2 others which leaves 3. A lady had messaged me about my previous litter which had 2 kittens and asked if she could have both but they were already gone, so I told her I'd send her pictures of my next litter(the kittens are free). After I sent her the pictures she said she wanted all 3, but she didn't ask any questions about them or say anything else. She just wanted to know the earliest she could pick them up. This was odd to me because usually when someone asks about a kitten they want to know if they have their shots, are litter trained, what food they're eating, etc... I brushed it off and didn't think about it for awhile.

After about a day I started to feel really uneasy about it and talked to my husband who told me not to worry about it but I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I went to her page and started to look at the pictures, she has a few pictures of large snakes which made me feel even more uneasy about the encounter but again my husband says not to worry about it and once they leave they're not our problem.

I've been really uneasy about it so I started talking about maybe posting them to see if I could find some other homes for them instead. My husband says I'd be an rear end hole if I didn't keep my word amd give her the kittens like I said I would.

Would I be the rear end in a top hat for changing my mind about giving them to her?

AITA for not dying my hair?

quote:

So I'm pretty sure I'm NTA but however we'll see.

My sister gets married on Sunday. It's a big deal. She's the princess of the family. Spent a poo poo ton of money and has been very very excited to finally marry her lovely fiance.

Me and her didn't always get on. In fact it's only over the last 2-3 years that we've become close and this is the closest we've ever been. She is my best friend and I am her maid of honour.

On Wednesday I was diagnosed with pneumonia. I'm on antibiotics and steroids. I haven't showered since then, eaten a meal and my temp was 39.7 earlier. I've been resting and drinking fluids constantly just so I can get better for Sunday and support her.

Today I dragged myself out my bed because she asked me to go over and get my nails done for the wedding so I did. As I sat in the kitchen slowly dying inside she said to me

"When you dying your hair for the wedding"

So I just said "sorry?"

And she repeated herself. Stating my hair was ginger (it's Auburn) and inappropriate for her wedding and she wanted me to dye it. I said I wouldn't be because I was absolutely not well enough to dye my hair currently considering I couldnt wash my hair due to the effort and pain in my joints. She then came out with it's fine because my mum would dye my hair for me and surely my mum must have hair dye upstairs. I again repeated that I would not be dying my hair for a wedding and that she could either have me with my "ginger" hair or not at all.

She didn't once apologise or agree she was being unreasonable. She just acted like it was a totally normal request of your sick sister 2 days before the wedding.

So Reddit AITA for not being willing to dye my hair 2 days before a wedding?

Oh please please please go to the superspreader event while sick!