Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
How many freezers do you have and which orientation are they in?

asking to make that one guy mad

so as to make this slightly less dumb, has costco ever sold donuts from the bakery and if so, how many were you required to buy at once? I'm thinking like 24 packs of krispy kreme sized ring donuts here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

large hands posted:

I had a vacuum pot at one point but it broke, that thing was pretty cool

never tried one of those before how was the coffee

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Saw this in the meme thread in PYF. Should probably be added to the OP.

:haibrower:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Relevant

https://youtu.be/Sp9H0MO-qS8

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

The Walrus posted:

i have and regularly use a drip coffee maker, french press, aeropress, chemex, and espresso machine

all have their uses, get em all

I fresh grind my beans every morning in a conical burr grinder only to put them in a $40 drip coffee maker I got from Costco

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

jisforjosh posted:

I fresh grind my beans every morning in a conical burr grinder only to put them in a $40 drip coffee maker I got from Costco

Same. Using fresh beans and grinding to a good consistency makes a way bigger difference in my experience than the brewing device.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Woozoo fan is back: https://www.costco.com/woozoo-globe-multi-directional-5-speed-oscillating-fan-w-remote.product.100499225.html

It's $7 more than it was in store which I guess is the shipping surcharge.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Love it when the chicken jiggles on the way to my cart.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Ohtori Akio posted:

an aeropress and a grinder is literally all the coffee gear you need. instead of getting a better brewing appliance, get a better grinder and a fun mug. maybe a nice kettle if you really want to go wild

I have an Aeropress and wasn’t a huge fan. Didn’t seem to improve things all that much. Even with freshly ground coffee. I’m at the point now where I’m back to a French press and pre ground coffee. I did the hipster coffee thing for awhile and it was cool, but now I just want a big mug of coffee 4-5 times a day and I don’t wanna work for it.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

ShowTime posted:

I have an Aeropress and wasn’t a huge fan. Didn’t seem to improve things all that much. Even with freshly ground coffee. I’m at the point now where I’m back to a French press and pre ground coffee. I did the hipster coffee thing for awhile and it was cool, but now I just want a big mug of coffee 4-5 times a day and I don’t wanna work for it.

If you really like french press style coffee where it's, let's say, well done? Yeah that sounds like a perfectly good setup. Fresh grinding and using a more consistent brewer matters a lot more if you like lighter roasts, an inherent sweetness to it, yada yada. An aeropress is just a french press that delivers on the flannel fruity priorities more consistently.

e: Costco is also a much better coffee source for you than for me, congratulations

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

numberoneposter posted:

french press hater here. take your grimey sludge and begone with you.

french press and espresso are the 2 that really need a good grinder. french press so all the grinds are coarse so you don't get powder in there that makes the sludge. espresso cause it's gotta be consistently fine

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

ShowTime posted:

As in you didn’t see an improvement or the improvement wasn’t worth it?

When dealing with fresh coffee and an areopress, there’s a good amount of playing around with grind size to get it good. You don’t just shoot in the dark on grind size (or use a blade grinder :shudder:). It needs some tweaking to get correct, and there’s also the matter of how much ground coffee you use, etc etc.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

an aeropress and a grinder is literally all the coffee gear you need. instead of getting a better brewing appliance, get a better grinder and a fun mug. maybe a nice kettle if you really want to go wild

Who wants to deal with making one cup at a time though? I used one for a bit, and pretty quickly gave up because it's a pain to do it every single time you want more coffee. I went back to my 20 year old Krupp drip that goes into an insulated carafe, and just make one pot a day.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

binge crotching posted:

Who wants to deal with making one cup at a time though? I used one for a bit, and pretty quickly gave up because it's a pain to do it every single time you want more coffee. I went back to my 20 year old Krupp drip that goes into an insulated carafe, and just make one pot a day.

I kinda like a fresh cup each time! It's a nice little break from whatever I was doing, and I wouldn't drink a whole pot of coffee in a day.

These days I mostly make a pot of tea at home, and then go for a walk to get espresso if I want coffee. Zero coffee makers is even better than one.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
im gonna get a car battery and more seltzer from costco tomorrow

I'm gonna get crucified for this but sometimes I just don't want to deal with those hot dog burps for the rest of the day. I'm a chicken bake guy, thought I can't eat a whole one in one sitting. I mean, I can, but it's going to gently caress me up.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Saw mangosteens at costco today and had a small chuckle

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

im gonna get a car battery and more seltzer from costco tomorrow

I'm gonna get crucified for this but sometimes I just don't want to deal with those hot dog burps for the rest of the day. I'm a chicken bake guy, thought I can't eat a whole one in one sitting. I mean, I can, but it's going to gently caress me up.

You put the dog inside the chicken bake like that late goon poster, may they rest in peace

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

binge crotching posted:

Who wants to deal with making one cup at a time though?

I’m a little sensitive to caffeine, so like one cup of coffee is almost too much for me anyway. So a pourover or an aeropress is good for just banging out a singe smaller cup in the morning so I don’t jitter through the walls later in the day.

But yeah if you want more than one you’d have to really like coffee to deal with the prep/cleaning.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I don't drink coffee but one of the best things in the world is telling people how much I love Keurig. It's fruit that jumps off the tree and into my hand I just can't resist. "I get that it's expensive and not everyone can afford it but the Keurig pod system really makes the nicest coffee".

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Duck and Cover posted:

I don't drink coffee but one of the best things in the world is telling people how much I love Keurig. It's fruit that jumps off the tree and into my hand I just can't resist. "I get that it's expensive and not everyone can afford it but the Keurig pod system really makes the nicest coffee".

I like your gumption

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Costco has big tubs of Folgers on sale so I drink that.

I’m reminded of all the savings with every sip

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

You're evil and I love it

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

Uh, you know you can just Doordash Starbucks right??

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FCKGW posted:

Costco has big tubs of Folgers on sale so I drink that.

I’m reminded of all the savings with every sip

The Kirkland instant coffee is even cheaper

Also, the main reason I would go to Sam's Club was their instant coffee brand. Costco finally got a good one in the last year or so that you absolutely must try. The trick is that if the dried coffee is in granules but not powder it's probably a much higher quality product.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Sloppy posted:

Do you live somewhere where bananas and avocados are 'local crops'?

Oh my no I live in MN. I guess my partner and I just like to eat a lot of bananas and avocados to the point where they rarely go bad before we eat them. When I lived alone I wouldn't buy either at costco because they would go bad.

For coffee I usually just buy whatever the cheapest full bean coffee they have which for me is usually Cameron's which is local and pretty good.

dxt fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 26, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Shrimp chips on sale...for the price they were a year ago lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
people who get starbucks delivered should be stoned to death imo

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

people who get starbucks delivered should be stoned to death imo

people who get starbucks delivered are usually already stoned

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I know ppl that work uber and the number of folks that get starbucks delivered half a block is apparently shocking

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The real lovely thing is that there are probably at least 10 better shops you could get delivery from.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I'm friends with a guy whose past roommate used to live literally next door to McDonald's, would eat it three times a day and got it Doordashed every time

People are lazy as hell

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm friends with a guy whose past roommate used to live literally next door to McDonald's, would eat it three times a day and got it Doordashed every time

People are lazy as hell

Lmao at your av

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ive heard about being an ogre-achiever but this is nuts!!!!

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I picked up the frozen Japanese Cheesecakes on a whim and they're very good!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Lmao at your av

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

we'll know when the end times are near when rotisserie chickens are no longer 4.99

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

halokiller posted:

we'll know when the end times are near when rotisserie chickens are no longer 4.99

It’s kind of sad that the chicken and hotdog is literally at the behest of a CEO during a profitable time for the company. The first quarter this publicly traded corporation will have an unprofitable quarter or something, the shareholders will can the CEO and get in something to raise all prices or something evil because gently caress all publicly traded companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel