Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Can't wait for Bron to glue the X back together and then Triple H triumphantly returns and points at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tato posted:

Can't wait for Bron to glue the X back together and then Triple H triumphantly returns and points at it

Bron Fixxer

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
It's funny in hindsight how little time passed between Triple H stepping down, Vince's goons running NXT into the ground, and Triple H & Stephanie taking over the company after Vince and his goons got removed.

In what, a year NXT went from "it's okay" to nearly unwatchable outside of twitter clips.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Davros1 posted:

That was the sound of THE FUTURE

I first saw the boot up ps1 screen at my aunt’s house, her brother had a ps1 and let me play it and that opening, for the first time I saw it, was like the coolest thing ever to me at the time. A woah moment. Definitely this is the future vibes

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Vince sighting!

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/25/vince-mcmahon-new-york-hot-spot-john-cena-first-public-sighting-wwe-retirement/

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
nice shirt vince. great for a night out in new york

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

What the gently caress is with his elbow

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

his skeleton is trying to escape

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wade Barrett told BT Sport he just signed an extension, he loves working with NXT

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Personally I don't get how anyone likes McAfee. I like him better as a wrestler than as an announcer

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

vince on tmz again for like the fourth time this year, he finally got that mainstream attention he was wanting

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Intruder posted:

Personally I don't get how anyone likes McAfee. I like him better as a wrestler than as an announcer

He's like a charmless Don West

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Wade Barrett told BT Sport he just signed an extension, he loves working with NXT

"Oi luv avin a cheeky wank unda tha table roight heea in en ex tea"

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

El Generico posted:

He's like a charmless Don West

If you're telling me WWE has a commentator that can be described as 'Don West but worse' that only validates my decision to continue to not give WWE programming the time of day.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Don West loving owns

No Don West poo poo talking around these parts

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Power Windows posted:

Don West loving owns

No Don West poo poo talking around these parts

Don West is has a silly charm about him that makes him great, like an overenthused pitchman, his exuberance is infectious

McAffee has all of the shouty overselling of Don West but absolutely none of the charm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

El Generico posted:

Don West is has a silly charm about him that makes him great, like an overenthused pitchman

I mean.... yeah, that's what he is

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
McAffee to me is just there, barely notice him. I'd rather hear him all day than CM Punk brag on Raw about his bigamous marriage to Carmella without ever mentioning AJ at all. Couple that with all the problems he's causing in the AEW locker room and I just think dude is bad for wrestling.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Rick posted:

McAffee to me is just there, barely notice him. I'd rather hear him all day than CM Punk brag on Raw about his bigamous marriage to Carmella without ever mentioning AJ at all. Couple that with all the problems he's causing in the AEW locker room and I just think dude is bad for wrestling.

Lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rick posted:

lmao

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Whatever happened to don west? Who announces impact now?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Shard posted:

Whatever happened to don west? Who announces impact now?

Don West has cancer.

Impact's announcers are Tom Hannifan (f/k/a Tom Phillips) and Matthew Rehwoldt (f/k/a Aiden English). They're fine.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Pat McAfee to me is MST3K as a wrestling announcer. WWE is largely bad, so having a guy screaming and riffing on it is enjoyable for that audience. But if you're watching an actually good match/segment, having a goof in your ear trying to crack jokes and make you laugh is annoying as hell. And since I will only ever watch WWE by way of clips on Twitter of outstanding stuff, he is only ever annoying me.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

Impact's announcers are Tom Hannifan (f/k/a Tom Phillips) and Matthew Rehwoldt (f/k/a Aiden English). They're fine.

Hannifan is okay.

Keep Rehwoldt far away from commentary.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Power Windows posted:

Keep Rehwoldt far away from commentary.

sounds like it's too late

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Remember when Cena publicly buried Kanyon by saying he was a bad wrestler to defend WWE's homophobia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYDsVN17OPo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Swap McAfee out with Daniel Cormier

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rick posted:

Really thought I could escape this sub forum's constant judgment of CM Punk here in the WWE Discussion thread. :mad:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like McAfee.

But I also liked him when he was on the Colts so.

I do understand how some people find him grating, but at least he's 100% authentic in his enthusiasm and it isn't just some gag. That's how the guy actually is. He once took a drunken swim in an Indianapolis canal, and no sane person does that.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

Pat McAfee to me is MST3K as a wrestling announcer. WWE is largely bad, so having a guy screaming and riffing on it is enjoyable for that audience. But if you're watching an actually good match/segment, having a goof in your ear trying to crack jokes and make you laugh is annoying as hell. And since I will only ever watch WWE by way of clips on Twitter of outstanding stuff, he is only ever annoying me.

I just don't find him remotely funny.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
At this point they should just break Bruno's record. The work's already been put in

https://twitter.com/WrestlingWCC/status/1563232012013412353

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mcafee most recently was whining that a football player who is swinging helmets at other football player's heads should not be at risk of punishment because they were doing it in a pre-season practice rather than the regular season :D

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

mcafee most recently was whining that a football player who is swinging helmets at other football player's heads should not be at risk of punishment because they were doing it in a pre-season practice rather than the regular season

tbf thats literally the NFL policy on preseason, they don't suspend/punish stuff that occurs during the preseason scraps

(I obviously disagree with the NFL rule)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the antivirus guy is crazy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

At this point they should just break Bruno's record. The work's already been put in

https://twitter.com/WrestlingWCC/status/1563232012013412353

:agreed:

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the antivirus guy is crazy

:agreed:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

tbf thats literally the NFL policy on preseason, they don't suspend/punish stuff that occurs during the preseason scraps

(I obviously disagree with the NFL rule)

tbf he didn't do any "actually," like that and went with making fun of the idea of anything bad happening to him because of how awesome he is, so i wouldn't say i mischaracterized anything about it

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 27, 2022

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

tbf he didn't do any "actually," like that and went with making fun of the idea of anything bad happening to him because of how awesome he is

i didnt read/watch what he actually said, I was just clarifying that it was the NFL policy and even specificed I didnt agree with it

I never accused you of mischaracterizing anything i dont think you did that. I hate McAfee too lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

oh ok. I thought you were using tbf differently than you were and misunderstood. sorrey

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

no worries! i can see how it could seem like i was defending him but im def not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

Fightful Select has learned the following plans for WWE Smackdown tonight

- Ricochet vs. Happy Corbin

- Drew Mcintyre promo. We've been told Sami Zayn, Scarlett and Karrion Kross could be involved.

- Last Chance Fatal Four Way Women's Tag Tourney match

- Sheamus promo. Gunther, Ludwig Kaiser, Butch and Ridge Holland are scheduled

- Tourney match: Natalya & Sonya vs. Raquel & Aliyah.

- New Day promo with VIking Raiders

- Maximum Male Models and Hit Row are scheduled for a segment

- Drew McIntyre vs. Sami Zayn

- Usos are scheduled for the show tonight, as is Bayley