Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Peachfart posted:

Mod sass was huge back then, to such an extent that goons would kiss mod rear end to prevent getting banned or probated.
That all started to collapse after aatrek happened.

all mention of groverhaus was also banned loooong after grover ceased being a mod. it wasn't until like gbs 2.0 that it could be mentioned, i remember there being a big thread and hullabaloo when the seal on that was broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

There must have been a FYAD thread on groverhaus surely

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If you think about it, someone who trily hated Grover would look at his house project and tell him to keep going.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Literally A Person posted:

Oh this is bringing back memories. Is the, "we should play more games" thread still mod foruming about. Someone, somehow, copied all of my posts or like changed who posted the posts or something. It was p funny.

(I am hoping talking about an inconsequential thread in the mod forum isn't a big deal)

:mrgw:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

How the hell did you do that anyway?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
haha no secret man i just posted what you posted postbypost to mess with you

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sally posted:

haha no secret man i just posted what you posted postbypost to mess with you

Are you kidding me? That is loving dedication to a bit.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

I would learn later that intellectually disabled, and brain damaged are technically two different things, but that both were still accurate.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
What really annoyed me about that Saga, is that if you have a sensitivity to seizures like that, you're told by your doctor (or at least I was,) to be very careful clicking things on the internet, and how to disable auto-playing gifs and stuff. Like, your neurologist goes out of their way to make sure you protect yourself. So someone who is like "UGhghg this gif gave me a migraine!?!" is 100% a them problem. If you have those sensitivities you need to protect yourself, not whine at people who can't help or have ever even had a thought about flashing lights causing seizures.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
they didnt want to take the extra seconds to set up protection for themselves....taking damage to save time...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol at everyone i've forgotten i've Pwned in that thread

like this guy who wants people banned +30 for insanely light trolling:

Moola posted:

thank u for curing migraines for everyone in the world

you are a saint <3

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fun hater posted:

they didnt want to take the extra seconds to set up protection for themselves....taking damage to save time...

Real fps gamers know

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
This thread is exhausting to read. I missed the Diablo chat - because I was playing Grim Dawn for a few hours and now I have it paused. I opened the thread to 150 new posts.

I needed to take a dump so I'm literally shitposting on my phone right now. Play Grim Dawn, it's great without all the online nonsense and you have a clean conscience because it's not a Blizzard game.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
goons were obsessed with flashing lights causing seizures around that time and i think there was even a mod or admin going around and slowing down any avatar that had flashing images because some unseen goons were complaining about the risk of seizures and then it all stopped after the QCS thread revealed it was just goons using legitimate disabilites as a weapon to try and crush their forums enemies yet again

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 27, 2022

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ArfJason posted:

anyway i think its been a year idk but the blizzard loving sucks megathread comfeh chat zone was the thread where someone threatened to sue jeffrey/me because i psoted strobing gifs in cspam

posts were edited, but quoted

FAUXTON posted:

Harrow can you shoot me a quick PM with whatever legal contact info SA (the site's contact info) has? Asking for an epileptic friend.

FAUXTON posted:

I'm not going to really entangle myself in the situation like that, because I'm neither a lawyer nor epileptic myself, but if you could just send the PM with whatever PO box the site has for this kind of thing it would be helpful, thanks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

this was part of an extremely long protracted collective meltdown that started in the games feedback thread after dongicus brought up how poorly their ik had treated him and snowballed into them asking for mutliple people to be banned lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont remember what i did exactly to get threadbanned in that thread but i do remember eating a sixer and then a day for pointing out how hosed up it was when someone in that thread accused someone of being a rapist for griefing someone in world of warcraft over a decade ago because i was threadbanned and that was more important to the idiot king

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I liked posting in the Blizzlols thread a lot, but then it started to get really weird, and I've mostly dipped out but stayed cool with people outside of the thread. I just don't have energy for that kind of drama 24/7. I remember making an empassioned plea to please chill out before they got the thread close, having a realization I cared waaaay too much about the thread and unbookmarking.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

All of this is pretty cool. I'm going to check it out.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Azathoth posted:

all mention of groverhaus was also banned loooong after grover ceased being a mod. it wasn't until like gbs 2.0 that it could be mentioned, i remember there being a big thread and hullabaloo when the seal on that was broken

There was a legit through line from Aatrek being doxxed and confirmed as a convicted sex offender to GBS 2.0 a couple months later. I think the root of both was a realization that the kind of dull, iron-fisted modding Aatrek operated on only lead to lots of humorless posting, and that triggered a ton of self-reflection on the fallibility of mods and admins on the forums.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

NeatHeteroDude posted:

All of this is pretty cool. I'm going to check it out.

I hope you mean to laugh at, because this thread is best when we are all laughing

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Nuns with Guns posted:

There was a legit through line from Aatrek being doxxed and confirmed as a convicted sex offender to GBS 2.0 a couple months later. I think the root of both was a realization that the kind of dull, iron-fisted modding Aatrek operated on only lead to lots of humorless posting, and that triggered a ton of self-reflection on the fallibility of mods and admins on the forums.

A LOT of mods quit after aatrek. Not all immediately, but over the next couple of months. The newer mods started to relax the mod sass rules and then GBS 2.0 happened(for both good and ((mostly)) bad)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Nuns with Guns posted:

Looking at old admin forum posts it was actually ozma who led the change

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I was very confused about what the blizz thread was when it moved to games. I thought it was a discussion thread for the blizzard sexual harassment news but it wasn't, so I ended up not knowing how to help moderate it. But now it's somewhere else and I don't have to worry about it. But also, I don't get to probate stux as often anymore, so maybe that's my loss.

Anyway, that's my worthless recollection!

edit: I only have ONE probe on the first page of stux's rap sheet. this is a disgrace. I must correct it immediately-- ah, gently caress he's sixered again.

Metis of the Chat Thread fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 27, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Boba Pearl posted:

I liked posting in the Blizzlols thread a lot, but then it started to get really weird, and I've mostly dipped out but stayed cool with people outside of the thread. I just don't have energy for that kind of drama 24/7. I remember making an empassioned plea to please chill out before they got the thread close, having a realization I cared waaaay too much about the thread and unbookmarking.

you made the right choice because you should never be worrying about the fate of a mock thread and you should instead be gaming and having fun with friends

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Metis of the Hallway posted:

I was very confused about what the blizz thread was when it moved to games. I thought it was a discussion thread for the blizzard sexual harassment news but it wasn't, so I ended up not knowing how to help moderate it. But now it's somewhere else and I don't have to worry about it. But also, I don't get to probate stux as often anymore, so maybe that's my loss.

it's for people who demonize others who pay for WoW while accepting any trash that comes along that somehow mentions FF14 on the sidelines

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's just a chat thread where people talk about video games and it genuinely perplexes me why it occupies so many people's brains

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

It's just a chat thread where people talk about video games and it genuinely perplexes me why it occupies so many people's brains

Same, after seeing several 30 day probes + Bans lined up for some weak rear end trolling:

Sounds like some CARE to me. :D

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

edit: I only have ONE probe on the first page of stux's rap sheet. this is a disgrace. I must correct it immediately-- ah, gently caress he's sixered again.

When it became clear that blizzard wasn't going to die, "blizzard deathwatch" turned into "echo chamber for self-flagellating former blizzard fans" and it stopped being funny

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

It's because of posts like this.

Asema posted:

stux gives off incel redditor vibes where he's ironically being a poo poo head "for the lols" but i'm sure he's real cool to some

Asema posted:

nah i'm not going to back track on this. The stux 'humor' and constant poo poo posting in numerous threads on the forums gives off that energy and reminds me of numerous actual incels that I've unfortunately had to deal with in my life. If he doesn't want that comparison he's free to not post in this thread or post like a poo poo head

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I'm very upset because I've been trying for days to abuse my position as IK to probe stux out of petty revenge but someone else always hits him before I get the chance

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

I'm very upset because I've been trying for days to abuse my position as IK to probe stux out of petty revenge but someone else always hits him before I get the chance

Set a timer.

Goons.

:rolleyes:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

dumbass

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol at everyone i've forgotten i've Pwned in that thread

like this guy who wants people banned +30 for insanely light trolling:

Well I don't think I've had a migraine since I posted that, so once again thank you <3

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lmao

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

Understandable, this is also my reaction when I find myself caring too much about forum stuff

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Moola posted:

Understandable, this is also my reaction when I find myself caring too much about forum stuff

It's the healthy thing to do, that and logging off. Hobbies help as well, everyone should have an offline hobby.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

You should learn a musical instrument if you can. it's good poo poo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Valko posted:

This thread is exhausting to read. I missed the Diablo chat - because I was playing Grim Dawn for a few hours and now I have it paused. I opened the thread to 150 new posts.

I needed to take a dump so I'm literally shitposting on my phone right now. Play Grim Dawn, it's great without all the online nonsense and you have a clean conscience because it's not a Blizzard game.

Yeah, Grim Dawn is really good. It can be a bit overwhelming at first with the dual class stuff and everything but once you really get going with it it's a really great time.